Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Take it from me, his group of companies are fu Cked...

So, reading between the lines, it seems that Robinson made the agreement to buy the land before arranging the funding. He has presumably been going around his usual lenders and discovered that there aren't all that many people that are keen on lending money secured on a football ground, especially when there was an imminent court case to have a different charge removed from said ground. Now that the court case has come up, some difficult questions are being asked and he has had to come clean.

If this speculation is remotely close to the truth it's now Chainrai or bust.

What a shame this all comes too late for last night's British Comedy Awards.

Still, there's always the lifetime achievement award once it's finally all over

It may be taking a lifetime, but they're not actually achieving anything...

More likely to be some kind of Honours list award for services to Southampton Fans...

Whatever is going on, it's a lot more complicated than we think. We have been led to believe that Robinson has secured the Gaydamak land (for around £2.5m if the reports are to be believed). If he has then I don't see how he would have any real difficulty in raising the required sum to complete the jigsaw. but if he hasn't secured that land then who has?

I don't think it's about money, I think it's about people.

So, reading between the lines, it seems that Robinson made the agreement to buy the land before arranging the funding. He has presumably been going around his usual lenders and discovered that there aren't all that many people that are keen on lending money secured on a football ground, especially when there was an imminent court case to have a different charge removed from said ground. Now that the court case has come up, some difficult questions are being asked and he has had to come clean.

If this speculation is remotely close to the truth it's now Chainrai or bust.

Do you mean the guy whose brother was getting verbally abused by the bestest outside the court a short while ago?

Brilliant :D

@NabilHassan79: PKF confirm REL are Robinson Estates Limited, connected to property developer Stuart Robinson who had been due to buy Fratton Park

Robinson currently has 13 directorships in active companies with Hackberry Developments UK Ltd being the most notable. He has a variety of businesses including a conference firm and a finance company.

He is a very good sailor in his spare time, having finished second in the Zero IRC class at the recent Cowes Week.

Yacht racing is not a cheap pastime and Robinson has had custom-made yachts built for him by the one of the few firms who build the Americas Cup boats so it’s fair to say he’s probably not short of a bob or two but, like any other sensible businessman, he will only get his feet wet if it's worthwhile to him.

Robinson’s cordial talks with the Trust are still ongoing and can now carry on for an extra two weeks to finalise matters and add weight to the Trust bid. If this juicy idea gets squashed then the Trust apparently has other flavourable options available.

Errrr...yes he is short of a bob or two. Actually he's short of over £1.5M...:lol:

@SuppDirect: We're at High Court with @pompeytrust, seeing some online speculation. Facts: talks are continuing, parties will reconvene at 2pm tomorrow.

Well, that's clarified things. Good job we've got Supporters Direct on hand to steer us through the murky waters... :facepalm:

Thing is Pompey fans would rather go Phoenix club route than back to Chanrai

They might say that now but they have a habit of switching between heros and villains depending on which way the wind is blowing...

They've had over 3 years to cast Chainrai aside by setting up a Phoenix club but the allure of artificial success gets them every time...

How you you know Andy from "Bassett"? I say that's a load of s***, they had plenty of chances to do that before but didn't bother/ couldn't organise it.

I notice "Andy" joined the forum the day before the Trust announced Robinson had joined their team.... Just sayin'... ;)

It's the hope that kills....

Sam Singleton  ‏@SamSingletonPFC

The only signal I get from this, is that the Judge seems to think this can be resolved by tomorrow. That's positive. #pompey

********. No High Court would adjourn a hearing and give somebody "a signal."

The reason it is likely to be resolved by tomorrow is because there are two days set aside for it.

Chanrai has never been my hero.

How you you know Andy from "Bassett"? I say that's a load of s***, they had plenty of chances to do that before but didn't bother/ couldn't organise it.

Of course he did mean 'Andy from Buckland', spelling's not that strong on the island.

14 on the bus..."bestest" :lol: "passion" :lol: "massive" :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})