Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Adjourned, not settled. Big difference.

Yes, but an adjournment and a settlement are two different and entirely separate things. The settlement happens in the background, which then leads to an adjournment when both parties agree there is no need to go to court.

F*ck it; I'm plugging in to POL for updates.

Yes, but an adjournment and a settlement are two different and entirely separate things. The settlement happens in the background, which then leads to an adjournment when both parties agree there is no need to go to court.

F*ck it; I'm plugging in to POL for updates.

Nope, you have this wrong, an adjournment is a pause in proceedings. It can been Court not available, Judge not available, Parties not available, Blue Santa suits not arrived or that both parties may have ironed out an agreement that MAY lead to a settlement.

And on a funnier note - anyone else seen the pompey 2012 calendar? - guess who Mr December is?....:lol:

Sadly not Ben Haim - but Kanu!

He's appeared just before the court case to remind them about his claim.

Got a photo of that sir? Just for amusement factor you understand! :lol:

I'm just enjoying that clown Allen getting massively out scooped by the BBC . Sucking up to the trust clearly hasn't helped him, they have been left well out of the loop with the important decisions!

The Trust resemble a group fighting a war that has already been won, just nobody has told them.

Merry Christmas Nutjobs!

Nope, you have this wrong, an adjournment is a pause in proceedings. It can been Court not available, Judge not available, Parties not available, Blue Santa suits not arrived or that both parties may have ironed out an agreement that MAY lead to a settlement.

Sorry, I'm confused. I've got it wrong that an adjournment and a settlement are entirely different things? A settlement cannot happen until there is adjournment; is that what you're saying?

Summary, i think: PKF have requested adjournment. Up to judge to decide (tomorrow 10.30am) whether to give it. Portpin ready to go ahead with case and (it looks like) they will request a nice shiny new administrator (Guilfoyle) instead of PKF. Hence PKF want adjournment.

So am I right that Chinny was going to go to court and say "I know the club could sell for more than the PKF deal to the trust so rather than set a price for that deal can you instead put this other admin in place so they can sell for more so I get a better return on my debt?". PKF then got drift of this so called an adjournment to figure out what to do.

Sorry, I'm confused. I've got it wrong that an adjournment and a settlement are entirely different things? A settlement cannot happen until there is adjournment; is that what you're saying?

No, you are correct - Settlement and Adjournment two different things.

A settlement will not lead to an adjournment, a settlement is a settlement and therefore the end of proceedings.

Summary, i think: PKF have requested adjournment. Up to judge to decide (tomorrow 10.30am) whether to give it. Portpin ready to go ahead with case and (it looks like) they will request a nice shiny new administrator (Guilfoyle) instead of PKF. Hence PKF want adjournment.

Seems very plausable. Of course any delay has got to be bad for the few.... more fees, less chance of Jan sales (in) and Feb doomsday looming large.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})