Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Quite remarkably, this is Corp Ho's take on the situation.

We were told ages ago we'd get a 10 point deduction, it's not breaking news.

We will have to keep within the budget constraints of the financial fair play rules, same as every other club. This isn't earth shattering news either

The FL have seen a business plan from the Trust that includes the money pledged by fans. they no doubt want to make sure that money comes in or else the Trust's business plan doesn't stack up. Posters on here have been screaming about them not doing enough checks on new owners and now they seemingly are people are getting upset about it.

We're not being victimised, we're not being hard done by. We've been a car crash for years and the FL don't want it to happen again. We'll probably be relegated this year but who cares. We'll have a club that we can unite behind and hopefully, in two or three seasons be in a position where we've stabilised and be ready to start pushing for promotion to higher leagues. Unless anyone's a PL JCL I can't see that this scenario would bother anyone. We'll have a club to go and support and players to cheer or moan at. That's all I ask.

buy-smelling-salts-800x800.jpg

From a PST board member...

@MatthewLeGod Luckily the business plan is not just based on just gate revenue. Making it a sound business won't be hard at all.

Won't be hard at all!! Easy this running a football club as profits are easy to come by at pompey, and they won't ever go into administration even once... or twice... or....

Quite remarkably, this is Corp Ho's take on the situation.

Maybe in his absence from here he's found a modicum of common sense and reality.

no he knows we will be reading his post and is trying to be the honest broker, I suspect the post goes onto say that as soon as they have taken the club on Thierry Henry and Messi will be the clubs targets. it wont be for the money but the honour of playing in front of the worlds greatest.

Won't be hard at all!! Easy this running a football club as profits are easy to come by at pompey, and they won't ever go into administration even once... or twice... or....

Aye the league is full of successful, profitable football clubs.

And there's a strong precedent for large successful community run businesses in the world.

What could possibly go wrong?

You all mock but they'll be fine.

Given that the club generates over £300 million a year in the city they only need to get their hands on a small slice to be the dominant force in L2.

What they should really be aiming for is to be getting their hands on the full £300m each year... then they could really be competitive.

Here is another classic from a PST board member. Apparently it doesn't matter to corporate customers if you are playing Man Utd in the Premier League or Fleetwood Town in League 2, they'll turn up to Fratton Park's wonderful luxurious, spacious corporate facilities anyway to impress their clients...

Walkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@MatthewLeGod Home Corporate customers really don't care who the opposition is, even so it could be tailored.

Here is another classic from a PST board member. Apparently it doesn't matter to corporate customers if you are playing Man Utd in the Premier League or Fleetwood Town in League 2, they'll turn up to Fratton Park's wonderful luxurious, spacious corporate facilities anyway to impress their clients...

Walkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@MatthewLeGod Home Corporate customers really don't care who the opposition is, even so it could be tailored.

Oh. My. God.

This is simply another indciation that, while the Trust are exceptionally well meaning and hard working, they really have a very loose grip on the reality of their own future.

no he knows we will be reading his post and is trying to be the honest broker, I suspect the post goes onto say that as soon as they have taken the club on Thierry Henry and Messi will be the clubs targets. it wont be for the money but the honour of playing in front of the worlds greatest.

Riquelme will be coach and Maradona will be in the ticket office providing a massive step up from the days of Liam Lawrence.

They seem to think that projecting higher attendances than they will get in League Two won't matter to their financial plan as corporate sales at Fratton is all important in those 23 huge games in League One or League Two! I can see corporates wine in one hand, prawn sandwich in another flooding to Fratton Park for games against Morecambe, Torquay, Dagenham & Redbridge, Fleetwood etc etc

When the trust have people as deluded as this on the PST board thinking alot of a their revenue will be through corporate sales in League One or more likely League Two, you have to wonder just how quickly their 4th administration will come after any possible fans trust takeover...?

2013, 2014 or 2015 - place your bets!

In every interview I've seen with people from the trust, they always say that the PDT's ownership will suddenly bring in more sponsorship, attendance and corporates, purely by being "fan-owned".

A business plan based on these pie in the sky optimistic assumptions is a recipe for disaster, especially with the increased scrutiny on their finances from the Football League. As I recall, things looked pretty tight on the financial front, even with the optimism. Let's hope the FL impose some realism on the playing budget...

Oh. My. God.

This is simply another indciation that, while the Trust are exceptionally well meaning and hard working, they really have a very loose grip on the reality of their own future.

Thing is the Trust is a front for 4 or 5 business men, who are hiding behind the Trust because they may not pass Fit and Proper test

They seem to think that projecting higher attendances than they will get in League Two won't matter to their financial plan as corporate sales at Fratton is all important in those 23 huge games in League One or League Two! I can see corporates wine in one hand, prawn sandwich in another flooding to Fratton Park for games against Morecambe, Torquay, Dagenham & Redbridge, Fleetwood etc etc

From a PST board member...

1h FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Walkthe9T2 As a board member u are in a position to know the legal reason why they cant reveal the numbers. Why not tell world that reason?

Expand Reply Delete Favorite More

1h Walkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@MatthewLeGod Ha ha, oh dear you really are straw clutching now. Cup crowds always impossible to predict for revenue. What's next?

Expand

59m FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Walkthe9T2 The last Pompey league game saw 9,955. If in League Two things won't be much better and if anything worse. Trust forecast higher

Expand

34m Walkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@MatthewLeGod Luckily the business plan is not just based on just gate revenue. Making it a sound business won't be hard at all.

Expand

29m FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Walkthe9T2 It may come as a shock to the trust then that gate £ in L2 are a very high % of income. Mess up projections = mess up finances

Expand

12m Walkthe92 ‏@Walkthe9T2

@MatthewLeGod This isn't FM13, most clubs aren't the size of PFC, I know I've visited lots of them. Much revenue is corporate hospitality.

Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

6:48 AM - 11 Dec 12 · Details

Tweet textImage will appear as a link

8m FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Walkthe9T2 Bradford and Plymouth had similar crowds & stadiums to Pompey in Championship/Premier and ended up in bottom half L2.

Expand

7m FM Saints Researcher ‏@MatthewLeGod

@Walkthe9T2 So you think the corporates will flood to Fratton Park for League One or League Two football do you? Really?

When the trust have people as deluded as this on the PST board thinking alot of a their revenue will be through corporate sales in League One or more likely League Two, you have to wonder just how quickly their 4th administration will come after any possible fans trust takeover...?

2013, 2014 or 2015 - place your bets!

Come on MLG. The trust members perks will clearly include a corporate package, thus emptying the stands for those 240,000 fans from the common that currently can't buy a ticket. You should know by now they always have a cunning plan.

Thing is the Trust is a front for 4 or 5 business men' date=' who are hiding behind the Trust because they may not pass Fit and Proper test[/quote']

And hoping that enough PST mug donations saves them investing too much of their own cash while retaining overall control with more than 50%.

Borrowed from another thread...

pyvu4ate.jpg

I love this picture, shows that some things are far more important, and that the rively, really is good fun. Obv better when we are on top, both citys have muppet supporters that take it too far. I wonder who gave him the shirt to wear?

Not really. It's because they will be owned by fans, everyone will want to experience it...regardless of league!

This is true... for about the first 2 maybe 3 or 4 matches, while it's all still exciting and new. It will be heralded as a bright new dawn!

And then the novelty will all wear off as crushing reality sets in.

They will have rescued a penniless shell of a club, with no tangible assets, no facilities and no player contracts of any value, renting Fratton Park from a group of property developers, and with no realistic hope of ever buying it back.

Within just a few weeks they will realise that they are scratching around at the bottom of league 1, losing week after week, and unavoidably heading for league 2.

And from thereon it will only get worse as attendances and income steadily tail off, rent for Fratton rises in line with the business plan (reaching "commercial rate" after 5 years), and nobody notices as they heroically disappear from the football league with barely a whimper.

I must say, I'm very much looking forward to it!

This is true... for about the first 2 maybe 3 or 4 matches, while it's all still exciting and new. It will be heralded as a bright new dawn!

And then the novelty will all wear off as crushing reality sets in.

They will have rescued a penniless shell of a club, with no tangible assets, no facilities and no player contracts of any value, renting Fratton Park from a group of property developers, and with no realistic hope of ever buying it back.

Within just a few weeks they will realise that they are scratching around at the bottom of league 1, losing week after week, and unavoidably heading for league 2.

And from thereon it will only get worse as attendances and income steadily tail off, rent for Fratton rises in line with the business plan (reaching "commercial rate" after 5 years), and nobody notices as they heroically disappear from the football league with barely a whimper.

I must say, I'm very much looking forward to it!

Sounds great to me :)

Thing is the Trust is a front for 4 or 5 business men' date=' who are hiding behind the Trust because they may not pass Fit and Proper test[/quote']

I assume this is why the FL want to see them get the pledged money in the bank before allowing them (PST) to take over the club. Because if they do not raise more than 50% of the money surely those who have control (the property developers) would need to pass the FAPPT?

I assume this is why the FL want to see them get the pledged money in the bank before allowing them (PST) to take over the club. Because if they do not raise more than 50% of the money surely those who have control (the property developers) would need to pass the FAPPT?

No. I think if you have something like more than 10% invested then the Owners an Directors test must be applied.

I don't know if anyone posted this, but I think this the bestest at Tranmere;

577908_10200290185721032_95758845_n.jpg

and who can forget their huge following to Millwall last season;

first+half.JPG

... And I'm especially looking forward to seeing One Direction put their weight behind the few again;

3144150802.jpg

Massive club.

We're gonna have a collection of 91 photos of Pompey's massive ™ gathering at every League club at this rate...... then we can start a non-League collection....

Its doubly funny, because for years Pompey fans developed the myth of "257 to Bolton" in an effort to ridicule Saints terrible away showings; like most Pompey myths they kept saying it and kept saying it until it they finally all believed it and it became a Pompey fact. Now that we live in a multimedia age, its really quite simple to see just how many away fans a side takes to games; and Pompey are being shown up for the disloyal, JCL deserters we all knew they were.

Still, they have a soap-shy goon with a bell, a bugle and a carnival xylophone which they equate as true passion we can only dream of, so I guess they're happy.