Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I've missed something here. Is there going to be a compulsory purchase order granted to allow the cheats to force Chainrai to sell?

Otherwise, won't the court suggest a value, but then say that the current owner is welcome to hold out for whatever he wants to.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

No. Chinny does not own Fatpipes any more than your Bank owns your house.

The club (controlled by TB) owns the ground.

The charge that Chinny has means that:

1) He gets first dibs on any money from the sale of the ground (irrespective of who it is sold to),

2) The seller needs to get permission from Chinny to sell - this prevents somebody selling at a knock down price and reducing the amount of money that Chinny has first dibs on.

This is the same as you having a mortgage on your own home.

The problem that has arrisen is that TB thinks that he has negotiated the best posible deal but that Chinny doesn't agree.

TB is going to court to ask the court to over-rule Chinny and grant permission for the sale.

The court could:

1) Agree with TB and grant permission for the sale at the negotiated price

2) Agree with Chinny and not grant permission

3) Do pretty much ANYTHING else it wants - which could include granting permission but at a different price.

1) He gets first dibs on any money from the sale of the ground (irrespective of who it is sold to),

2) The seller needs to get permission from Chinny to sell - this prevents somebody selling at a knock down price and reducing the amount of money that Chinny has first dibs on.

The problem that has arrisen is that TB thinks that he has negotiated the best posible deal but that Chinny doesn't agree.

TB is going to court to ask the court to over-rule Chinny and grant permission for the sale.

The court could:

3) Do pretty much ANYTHING else it wants - which could include granting permission but at a different price.

Let's hope it's a judge with a property background so at least the right questions ges asked.

The court could:

Others have said it before, but couldn't Chinny just gazump the PDT with any figure he wants (up to 17m)? As that will in theory just discharge some or all of his debt and would also be a better outcome for creditors (which includes him) as compared to a sale to the PDT at a lower figure?

Others have said it before, but couldn't Chinny just gazump the PDT with any figure he wants (up to 17m)? As that will in theory just discharge some or all of his debt and would also be a better outcome for creditors (which includes him) as compared to a sale to the PDT at a lower figure?

Birch has to get the best deal he can for the creditors of the company. If Chinny has failed the FPPT and is unable to buy and run the club and nobody else will deal with him as owner of the ground, Birch can argue the club will fold and that that is not in the best interests of the creditors as a whole.

Birch does not necessarily have to sell FP to the highest bidder.

Birch has to get the best deal he can for the creditors of the company. If Chinny has failed the FPPT and is unable to buy and run the club and nobody else will deal with him as owner of the ground, Birch can argue the club will fold and that that is not in the best interests of the creditors as a whole.

Birch does not necessarily have to sell FP to the highest bidder.

Is this the case? My understanding is that he cannot stand the test until he is put forward as the preferred creditor by PKF. Portpin went through some initial discussions with the FL regarding the test; unless I'm missing something I don't think they actually failed the test, they just hadn't provided enough responses to the FL's direct questioning.

No idea myself; the skates seem convinced that the Chinster has failed but I've seen nothing to confirm that either way.

Is this the case? My understanding is that he cannot stand the test until he is put forward as the preferred creditor by PKF. Portpin went through some initial discussions with the FL regarding the test; unless I'm missing something I don't think they actually failed the test, they just hadn't provided enough responses to the FL's direct questioning.

No idea myself; the skates seem convinced that the Chinster has failed but I've seen nothing to confirm that either way.

My pet PDT bod reckons that BC was advised that he was "unlikely to pass" the FAPPT "at this time" as his responses to the FL weren't detailed enough.

Birch has to get the best deal he can for the creditors of the company.

While this is obviously true, there are two ways of looking at what is the best deal for the creditors, IMO.

Firstly, you take a "every creditor gets something" approach, which ultimately means that Chainrai takes the biggest haircut.

Secondly, you could take a "biggest total pot for the creditors" approach, which could involve the sale of Fratton Park to a property developer on the assumption that without a football club to play there, any council agreement that it should only be used for football could be sidestepped quite easily, with Chainrai getting all of the money and the rest of the creditors getting nothing.

The current PDT offer is, what, £2.75m to nullify the charge on FP and then around £500k to be shared among the creditors? Total value £3.25m. If someone (perhaps someone connected to Chainrai :ninja:) came in and offered £4m for the lot and decided to close the football club and develop the land, surely Birch would be legally bound to accept that offer?

My pet PDT bod reckons that BC was advised that he was "unlikely to pass" the FAPPT "at this time" as his responses to the FL weren't detailed enough.

How about Kusnir M,lud?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bris...d-loss-14-4m/story-17501918-detail/story.html

It's all starting to hit other clubs now.

We are leading the race to re-invent football. BACK THE PST.

What's most shocking for me is the fact that a struggling smaller club like Bristol City can have an annual wage bill of £18.6m. How on earth can we be expected to compete with that if we ever get promoted? I know it's a somewhat stupid thing to say with us currently in the bottom four but the PST aim is for the club to play at the highest level after all (which is an aim I think we should all share). It's going to need football to be restructured before we can compete...

What the hell do they spend £16 million on in wages ? they only take about £4 million in income.

It isn't rocket science is it.

I still remember listening to the radio one day around us going into administration again and this Burnley fan had pulled off the motorway to rant about the fact Pompey should be shut down. The whole programme was full of fans (from clubs carrying debt btw) slating Pompey and hoping we were liquidated. I remember thinking, "one day it is likely to be your club".

Going to be hard to sympathise as football clubs go to the wall. I wouldn't wish it on other fans but I would like them to understand how it feels.

Personally I will find it hard to find a lot of sympathy for those other than the fans because of Richard Scudamores association with Brizzle City.. because of .. his arrogance, rudeness, and his flagrant overt disregard for our plight when in the premiership. His belittling, elitist attitude towards us was bordering on totalitarian .. i hope he suffers .. Will he be associated to financial mismanagement? I doubt it.

I spend a great deal of my time down in Bristol and Bridgwater; believe me, they were and still are highly aggressive in their slagging of us down there. This will surely shut them up though.

Have you met every Bristol city fan then?

No of course not, but I've met plenty and have yet to find one that showed any sympathy for me. I've not met all scummers either, but that doesn't mean I have to like them in case there are some good ones!

Two wrongs don't make a right, Fratts. Just because you've met some tosser Bristol City fans, doesn't mean that you should act like one of them when their team is in trouble. Rise above it.

I fully agree with you to a degree Freda, but practically everybody was damning of us and condemned us - the fans - for the wrong doings of our owners, for something we had no control over. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I don't see any of them opening up and saying sorry for their damnations.

Well I'd like to think that their damnation was based on ignorance rather than prejudice. Sadly, most fans of other teams don't know the full facts about Pompey (I doubt anyone does, even the estimable Micah Hall) and just presume that we spent money we didn't have and are now receiving our just deserts.

Like I said, show some class and rise above it - you never know, some of your Bristol City contacts might even realise they were behaving like tossers.

My position is secured, I WILL get my money back

Shalala

Whatever the 20 page document that listed all of the conditions required to pass Chinny included (As reported by micha hall) included - we can only guess, but I would assume they would include some sort of legal guarantee of the footballers debt, which would kind of stuff Chanrai, but I guess it depends how nasty he wants to get. What if he has agreed to all of those conditions...... What if he walks into court next week waving a bit of paper to say he has passed.

If Team Chinster cannot guarantee the former player debt then that brings the Trust bid to a halt too.

The only budget they have bothered to release had a £6M shortfall, and we still await an explanation for how that, and the ambitious attendance projection shortfall will be bridged.

Let's not forget that Birch was reluctant to give a thumbs-up to their fantasy scheme until they gave up on a fan buyout and got into bed with property developers.

But surely this case is just about land value, and I can't see Trev getting to drag the judge off into sentimental bestest plucky vital to the community land.

Doddery judge doesn't care whether little johnny cuddled his sister for the first time under the south stand in 1934 during half time, or that the club generates £300M a year for local businesses.

Tis very simple.

Is this a fair price for the land?

Yes or no are the options.

His job is to cut through the surrounding spin and get to the facts and the law.

Let's see if he manages it better than previous judges.

If Team Chinster cannot guarantee the former player debt then that brings the Trust bid to a halt too.

The only budget they have bothered to release had a £6M shortfall, and we still await an explanation for how that, and the ambitious attendance projection shortfall will be bridged.

Let's not forget that Birch was reluctant to give a thumbs-up to their fantasy scheme until they gave up on a fan buyout and got into bed with property developers.

But surely this case is just about land value, and I can't see Trev getting to drag the judge off into sentimental bestest plucky vital to the community land.

Doddery judge doesn't care whether little johnny cuddled his sister for the first time under the south stand in 1934 during half time, or that the club generates £300M a year for local businesses.

Tis very simple.

Is this a fair price for the land?

Yes or no are the options.

His job is to cut through the surrounding spin and get to the facts and the law.

Let's see if he manages it better than previous judges.

All of which makes me wonder why the court has earmarked 2 whole days for something as simple as a judge rubber stamping the valuation of a plot of land and the buildings on it.

Or is it standard practice for a court to allocate 2 days as a minimum regardless of how much of a foregone conclusion the outcome looks on the surface?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/goal-machine-wallace-fights-back-from-pompey-squad-frustrations-1-4557112

Forget the level, Wallace epitomises the benefit of the Blues’ promising players being sent out on loan.

Dan Butler (Hawks), Elliot Wheeler (Bashley), Dan Thompson and George Colson (both Dorchester) have since followed him.

All apart from Wheeler featured against Plymouth in the first match of the season.

Since then the 20-man administration-enforced squad size has dictated their absence.

No it hasn't FFS....nothing was stopping Pompey playing their youngsters for the rest of the season instead of farming them out to remain "competitive".

:facepalm:

Just to be clear, didn't Chinny have a fixed and floating charge over ALL of pompey's assets?

Yes, I know Fatpipes is their only substantial asset - not even any players now - but surely there's a few valuable old typewriters and Roneo machines in there somewhere, to be valued at a few million?

Skate:Originally Posted by freda

Well I'd like to think that their damnation was based on ignorance rather than prejudice. Sadly, most fans of other teams don't know the full facts about Pompey (I doubt anyone does, even the estimable Micah Hall) and just presume that we spent money we didn't have and are now receiving our just deserts.

So what is wrong with most fans of other clubs just presuming that they spent money they didn't have and are now receiving their just Atacamas, Saharas, Gobis, Kalaharis etc.

So what is wrong with most fans of other clubs just presuming that they spent money they didn't have and are now receiving their just Atacamas, Saharas, Gobis, Kalaharis etc.

I must be missing something, as that is what I thought Pompey had done?

Hate to be picky, but the phrase is "Just desserts," as in puddings and afters.

Sorry to be a tool.

Hate to be picky, but the phrase is "Just desserts," as in puddings and afters.

Sorry to be a tool.

Hmmm, think you may well be incorrect there. From the ancient Norman a desert is what you deserve. So just deserts (plural of desert) is in fact correct and it's the wide use of desserts that's wrong. Wiki it if you're really sure of what you say.

A friend of mine, who is a journalist on the Echo, told me that Pompey are far more in the red than they had anticipated - Southern Div 1 for them he thinks.

How do you mean? The CVA has been agreed, so they know how much they have to pay back. So the only unknown can be debt that the administrators have racked up; and as sh*t as Tricky Trev has been for them, he's not allowed to incur debt.

How do you mean? The CVA has been agreed, so they know how much they have to pay back. So the only unknown can be debt that the administrators have racked up; and as sh*t as Tricky Trev has been for them, he's not allowed to incur debt.

No idea - I was just repeating something I was told from someone interested in such things.

Could just be that PDT severely underestimated the outgoings v income - would pretty much amount to the same thing.

He isn't allowed to incur debt, but he sure as hell can munch his way through plates full of Parachute Payments what with all that legal advice and court costs and everything.

The only real issue is heather they can make it to CVA III without paying a penny of CVA I or CVA II.

He isn't allowed to incur debt, but he sure as hell can munch his way through plates full of Parachute Payments what with all that legal advice and court costs and everything.

The only real issue is heather they can make it to CVA III without paying a penny of CVA I or CVA II.

Yes. But eating cash in the bank isn't incurring debt, or going more "into the red" than is otherwise known. It is spending cash reserves, which is fine in terms of law and stitches the PDT up in the long term but, again, doesn't account for this "in the red" statement.

I'll reserve judgement on this one for now, it just doesn't seem to stack up.

2012 is going to be a magical year, we have so much to look forward to.

CSI administration

Voldermorts car boot sale

Sentencing arry

AA CVA (1st) Payments

Gaddy 1st installment

FL decision on points deduction

many, many more

its going to be great, happy new year to all

shalala...WTFILN

It certainly has been a great 2012 :D

A friend of mine, who is a journalist on the Echo, told me that Pompey are far more in the red than they had anticipated - Southern Div 1 for them he thinks.

It's probably just that missing £6m that rallyboy's been searching for.

And this week's "No sh*t Sherlock!" newspaper article award goes to....

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/pompey-fans-praised-after-drop-in-crimes-1-4564152

‘What we have seen this season is a reduction in arrests pro rata over the last 14 home games. It could be around the change in league. Sometimes different leagues have a different likelihood of disorder.

‘League One have got a lot smaller teams and you don’t have the history of disorder.’

Sadly the latest edition of the well respected `When Saturday Comes - the half decent football magazine' perpetuates the myth that it will be the biggest fan owned club. The author James de Mellow (usually right on the money) explains that it was the `thousands of letters' from the skates to the football league that put an end to Chinny's bid to take over a third time.

Sadly the latest edition of the well respected `When Saturday Comes - the half decent football magazine' perpetuates the myth that it will be the biggest fan owned club. The author James de Mellow (usually right on the money) explains that it was the `thousands of letters' from the skates to the football league that put an end to Chinny's bid to take over a third time.

"Thousands of letters" that were only 3 years late in forthcoming....

I think we might need to write some letters to WSC.

Simply the Bestest

Tickets for Pompey’s trip to Tranmere on Saturday (3pm kick-off) will be available to buy at Prenton Park.

Adult and junior tickets can be bought at the away turnstiles, but senior and young person seats are only available from the ticket office where there may be long queues.

Tickets are priced £19 for adults, £11 for seniors (60+) and young persons (17-22) and £6 for juniors (under 17).

Pompey have sold 360 tickets for the clash with the League One leaders and seats can still be bought from the Frogmore Road ticket office until 3pm this afternoon.

Surely some mistake??!! This is the best fans in the world we're talking about; there must be a zero missing??

:lol::lol:

Simply the Bestest

Tickets for Pompey’s trip to Tranmere on Saturday (3pm kick-off) will be available to buy at Prenton Park.

Adult and junior tickets can be bought at the away turnstiles, but senior and young person seats are only available from the ticket office where there may be long queues.

Tickets are priced £19 for adults, £11 for seniors (60+) and young persons (17-22) and £6 for juniors (under 17).

Pompey have sold 360 tickets for the clash with the League One leaders and seats can still be bought from the Frogmore Road ticket office until 3pm this afternoon.

Surely some mistake??!! This is the best fans in the world we're talking about; there must be a zero missing??

They've got a reputation to uphold dontcha know...

2abu8ubu.jpg

Pompey.jpg

sundg.jpg

I've just been informed that there was a phone-in on Solent this morning suggesting a merger of Saints and the skates at Whitely and TCWTB (you know, the drunken one who p*sses on seats, get thrown out of grounds and likes showing off his hooligan tatts) was once again given celebrity billing. Glad I missed it.

Watched that John Bishop thing last night (up until he went to the island tracing some relative who was in the navy), it started with a copy of the relatives birth certificate showing he was from Landport, Southsea in the 'County of Southampton'. That must have hurt a touch.

Just a thought - If Chinny has a fixed and floating charge over all Pompey's assets, and say next week the ground gets valued at £2.75m, could he not put the balance of the charge on the other assets such that Birch has to keep going back to court to get other assets re-evaluated ?

This could become a spectator sport for many years to come.

I heard quite a chunk of that Solent phone-in - it was no more than a desperate filler for the end of the week when proper ideas have run out.

They were proposing that the two clubs merge which would solve pompey's financial issues and we could utilise their best players to help us move up the league...:scared:

As a concept I think it's still work in progress.

Most people I heard told them it was bonkers.

TCWTB came across fairly sensibly, as he does when sober, Clive Foley had a gentle jousting match with Farmery but resisted saying that we might consider a merger if they stopped stealing from charities.

A couple of randoms dragged the debate off towards hooliganism but the guy who did make me chuckle was 'Kyle'.

PresenterBoy accused him of being immature when he said that he would love it if pompey lost more money and ended up playing in the Sunday league, 'because it means I can laugh at them a bit more'.

Difficult to argue with.

Just a thought - If Chinny has a fixed and floating charge over all Pompey's assets, and say next week the ground gets valued at £2.75m, could he not put the balance of the charge on the other assets such that Birch has to keep going back to court to get other assets re-evaluated ?

This could become a spectator sport for many years to come.

It doesn't work quite like that.

The charge will be for the full amount that chinny is owed, whatever that may be. It doesn't get allocated £ by £ to specific assets.

Chinny is owed (apparently) £17m.

Whatever the ground is sold for will be passed to him (less costs) in part payment. The balance remains, secured upon the other assets.

The proceeds from fixed charge assets (probably just the ground but possibly some other large assets) and floating charge assets pretty much everything else are also treated differently.

Also TB doesn't permission to sell floating charge assets.

Simply the Bestest

Surely the mistake is that that should read 36?

The "Pack the Park" scheme is going into overdrive this weekend.

Pompey want to say a big thank you to the fans for another year of incredible support.

To show our gratitude, we’ve got some great ticket offers to get everyone into the festive Fratton spirit.

A family ticket (two adults and two juniors) to watch the Blues take on Preston on Saturday, December 15 costs just £30 – saving supporters an incredible £30.

But we’re not forgetting our loyal season ticket holders, who can buy up to four extra tickets for family and friends for half price (adult: £10, senior/young person: £7.50, junior £5).

The Preston game will also see Pompey in the Community (PitC) host the first ever Santa Saturday, with fantastic activities taking place throughout the day.

It costs just £10 for adults and £8 for under 16s to take part and the price includes a limited edition blue Santa suit.

Bring your blue Santa suit to the ticket office and you can buy a ticket for the Preston match for half price (adult: £10, senior/young person: £7.50, junior £5).

Click here for more information about Santa Saturday or call PitC on (023) 9272 8899.