Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

i would not be so confident, Pompey will go to court and another dewey eyed judge will see the bunch of pickpockets and waifs standing in front of them like Oliver 'Please sir,can i have some more?' The judge will look down through his specs and feel sorry for this bunch of strays ,then look at that 'foreign type' who is here to just rip them off and feel kindly towards those poor souls who have been through so much. They will win IMO, yet against all logic but I believe it will happen

I have the same feeling! They just always manage to slip the noose at the last second no matter how nailed on they look to loose and I suspect it will go exactly as you predict the judge will simply go with the plucky fans for noother reason than they are the greatest fans in the whol world and deserve their cess pit. Sad but probably true, if this were any other business the whole thing would have died at the first court case but becuase it's a football club it carries on dragging it's dieing corpse around and pompey just won't die and nobody has the balls to kill it.

Portsmouth Supporters' Trust (PST) would like to settle their dispute with Balram Chainrai's Portpin group over the control of Fratton Park out of court. The PST need to secure control of the ground to complete their takeover of the club.

However, with the court hearing due next week, there has been no contact between the two teams of lawyers and this does not bode well in terms of an out-of-court settlement.

The PST has budgeted for the court case, but a two day hearing in the High Court is necessarily going to be expensive.

If they don't get the Out of Court Settlement deal - what are they going to do with that drawer full of brown paper bags from árry's days?

If they don't get the Out of Court Settlement deal - what are they going to do with that drawer full of brown paper bags from árry's days?

They'll be recommissioned for an innovative new 'Sh!t in your seat' scheme. This press release could be winging it's way to Neil Allen as we speak......

The bestest, most passionate fans in the land will now be able to take a dump without missing a second of the action. (This also overcomes the fact that PST cannot afford to fix the toilets, and the fat is getting close to overwhelming the pipes). As an added bonus, fans are invited to throw their bags on the pitch after a crap performance (no, at the end of 90 mins) which will also save on fertiliser costs. Yet another example of how this great community club is putting fans and the environment first.

They'll be recommissioned for an innovative new 'Sh!t in your seat' scheme. This press release could be winging it's way to Neil Allen as we speak......

The bestest, most passionate fans in the land will now be able to take a dump without missing a second of the action. (This also overcomes the fact that PST cannot afford to fix the toilets, and the fat is getting close to overwhelming the pipes). As an added bonus, fans are invited to throw their bags on the pitch after a crap performance (no, at the end of 90 mins) which will also save on fertiliser costs. Yet another example of how this great community club is putting fans and the environment first.

I hope they are good at aiming otherwise the sh!t will hit the fans.

I thank you ;)

:toppa:

It was a good shout BTF and I might have missed it, but hadn't seen it mentioned until you bought it up.

This seems to explain it really well and would certainly muck up the plans for developers, who would still have to tie up 3 million in cash for a long time, before sharing the profits with Chanrai.

http://www.bevirs.co.uk/commercial/overage.htm

The Olympic Committee, show the way regarding Stadium sales.

Not that different to what was being suggested n here yesterday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/20603585

I think the main difference is that Chanrai holds a charge over FP but does not own it. I reckon in that case it is probably easier to screw him over because the court case is about setting a market value for the ground. Chanrai must then accept that valuation and the administrators can sell to the Trust who can do what they like with the land (like developing it and making a profit on what they gave Chanrai.)

Edited by hypochondriac

[h=4]BasingstokeBlue[/h]12:06 PM on 05/12/2012

If only someone had actually thought of this before we started throwing massive wages at fat Izzy, Howard, Dombaya etc...

The wages of one of these would pay for 10 youth players, meaning the PST have more money long term to subsidise court costs, Kanu, other compromise agreements, cup exits, low gates and possible relegation. Seriously, I would rather go down with 11 younguns playing their hearts out for the shirt and the City than a rag tag group of mercenaries that don't care either way as they can get out of town at the end of the month.

Anyone else think we made a mistake by "gambling" again?

Just read in the News that PISA(Portsmouth INdependent Supporters Asscociation) are backing the Trust and passing on a cheque for £1000 for their share. Not £1000 per member a £1000 in total

it is on going to end in tears unless there HNW people are really pumping in loads of cash

Just read in the News that PISA(Portsmouth INdependent Supporters Asscociation) are backing the Trust and passing on a cheque for £1000 for their share. Not £1000 per member a £1000 in total

it is on going to end in tears unless there HNW people are really pumping in loads of cash

I don't think the number of pledges will stop them buying the club - it just will mean that the HNWI will own more of the club as a %. The purchase of shares (sorry donations) will only give some working capital, hence Andy Awful softening the phew up to expect them to play their yoof team. The only thing that will stop them buying the club is if the court case doesn't go the way of the property developers.

@GraemeBailey: Sky Sports understands a host of Premier League clubs are watching Portsmouth starlet Jed Wallace. http://t.co/CUCAs5lG

Stuart Gray (now at Pompey?) and a chum were at St Mary's on Monday night watching our U21's

Surely that deserves a headline in the Pompey News ..... 'Pompey scouts are watching top Premier league starlets'......

As an aside I wonder how our U21 side would perform against Pompey's first team?

Our 3-1 win at Stevenage earlier in the season with a scratch side might provided a clue

I'm not sure why so many are getting excited about this. They are clearly going to find in the PDT's favour. The alternative is the club being wound up and Chanrai getting less for his charge than he would do under this deal. It really is a box ticking exercise in reality.

Not sure about that. If pompey are wound up there will be no football club which means when they come to sell the assets (i.e. the ground) it will be worth more and most of that will go to chinny?

Edited by pedg

I'm not sure why so many are getting excited about this. They are clearly going to find in the PDT's favour. The alternative is the club being wound up and Chanrai getting less for his charge than he would do under this deal. It really is a box ticking exercise in reality.

Chainrai will have dropped a massive ricket if things don't go his way in court. That said, I think the PDT will get their way on this one; Chinny has played this one extremely poorly. From what I hear a request for adjournment was denied and Portpin have now got an independent valuer to assess the Fratton site. Half of me would be surprsied if this even reaches court; I think Chainrai has completely f*cked himself here.

Chainrai will have dropped a massive ricket if things don't go his way in court. That said, I think the PDT will get their way on this one; Chinny has played this one extremely poorly. From what I hear a request for adjournment was denied and Portpin have now got an independent valuer to assess the Fratton site. Half of me would be surprsied if this even reaches court; I think Chainrai has completely f*cked himself here.

Things could have been different had Portpin made an attempt to buy the adjoining land. That is where he messed up really. Even if he had attempted to buy it and failed he could have said he wanted to make an attempt to develop the club himself. In that scenario he could have kept his charge and got rent from the PDT. Not sure how he can play that card now when he made no attempt to buy the land and look to develop it (and possibly get the profit that may bring the PDT)

Not sure about that. If pompey are wound up there will be no football club which means when they come to sell the assets (i.e. the ground) it will be worth more and most of that will go to chinny?

No it won't because Chanrai does not own the ground. He has a charge over the ground which becomes unsecured (I believe) in liquidation.

Things could have been different had Portpin made an attempt to buy the adjoining land. That is where he messed up really. Even if he had attempted to buy it and failed he could have said he wanted to make an attempt to develop the club himself. In that scenario he could have kept his charge and got rent from the PDT. Not sure how he can play that card now when he made no attempt to buy the land and look to develop it (and possibly get the profit that may bring the PDT)

And you've got to wonder if he thinks its worth the effort any more. Even if his own fag packet maths are correct, the valuation of Fratton is nowhere near what he claims he is owed. £6M or £7M at an absolute push for that land, probably less (and that's not taking into account the covenant, which he has to successfully fight in order to get any more than the £2.75M on offer). He's absolutely hated down there, who would want to stay around with a few hundred of their rabidly ugly mob sharpening their pitchforks. I think he's tried to delay it all and derail the PDT bid as much as he can, but will come to some form of agreement before it gets into court and leave with his £2.75M plus whatever he gets from the CVA, and be done with it. Surely nothing else will keep him around any longer.

Not inferring anything Iberian.

But in terms of Comedy moments, one should never forget Monty Python. You think everything is going along swimmingly and kaboom.

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition.....

Nothing will go as anyone thinks. We had pages of analysis and conjecture the last 276 times they went to Court. Nobody expected........

Just so you know kraken there isn't actually a covenant in place. It's just a recommendation pcc are following from the government.

I'm not even sure of the legalese terms; I just refer to it as that as everyone knows what you mean. And I also know that its not exactly beyond all means possible to have those retsrictions lifted, should one party be so disposed.

Not inferring anything Iberian.

But in terms of Comedy moments, one should never forget Monty Python. You think everything is going along swimmingly and kaboom.

Nobody expects The Spanish Inquisition.....

Nothing will go as anyone thinks. We had pages of analysis and conjecture the last 276 times they went to Court. Nobody expected........

Disagree. Chanrai will deal or get defeated in court. It's different this time as the alternative is liquidation and all the Court case is doing is determining the market value of the stadium so pkf can sell it to the Trust.

Disagree. Chanrai will deal or get defeated in court. It's different this time as the alternative is liquidation and all the Court case is doing is determining the market value of the stadium so pkf can sell it to the Trust.

Ah you see there you go again. That is all so simple and easy and clear cut. Totally logical.

Which is why there is sod all chance that is what will happen.

I'm not even sure of the legalese terms; I just refer to it as that as everyone knows what you mean. And I also know that its not exactly beyond all means possible to have those retsrictions lifted, should one party be so disposed.

It would in fact be pretty easy should Portsmouth fold and leave fratton unoccupied for a few years as the land is not actually bound by any sort of law. That isn't going to happen though at least not in the near future anyway.

Just to be clear nobody will liquidate them after the Court case. The Judge WILL decide on more than £2.75m. The PDT will either agree to pay the higher price or not. If it does then it makes it even harder for the club to buy the ground back from him before the option expires. And if it doesn't then the biggest bestest fan buyout in the whole world, ever, will fail & Birch will sell the club to somebody else.

Just to be clear nobody will liquidate them after the Court case. The Judge WILL decide on more than £2.75m. The PDT will either agree to pay the higher price or not. If it does then it makes it even harder for the club to buy the ground back from him before the option expires. And if it doesn't then the biggest bestest fan buyout in the whole world, ever, will fail & Birch will sell the club to somebody else.

But... But... But... It's Trust or Bust.... or not.

[h=4]BasingstokeBlue[/h]12:06 PM on 05/12/2012

If only someone had actually thought of this before we started throwing massive wages at fat Izzy, Howard, Dombaya etc...

The wages of one of these would pay for 10 youth players, meaning the PST have more money long term to subsidise court costs, Kanu, other compromise agreements, cup exits, low gates and possible relegation. Seriously, I would rather go down with 11 younguns playing their hearts out for the shirt and the City than a rag tag group of mercenaries that don't care either way as they can get out of town at the end of the month.

Anyone else think we made a mistake by "gambling" again?

I seriously don't get their criticism of McLeod. 10 goals in 20 league games is b100dy decent by anyone's standards at any level. He seems to always be singled out but lets face it, without him they'd be further in the mire than they already are.

and if the HNW individuals pay more then the fans own less meaning this is not so much of a fans trust take over but mroe of a consortium of rich supporters. Fan owned club? my **se!

Not sure where you got that from... I think you must have dreamt it.

The charge remains regardless of the insolvency procedure.

Fair enough. So he would still have a secured charge in the event of liquidation? I'm not sure that changes much except maybe means balram will not want to settle.

Not sure where you got that from... I think you must have dreamt it.

The charge remains regardless of the insolvency procedure.

You really do pick and choose the easy ones don't you.

So clapham as an administrator ..... What do you think will happen at the court case..................

You really do pick and choose the easy ones don't you.

So clapham as an administrator ..... What do you think will happen at the court case..................

Honestly, I have no idea.

Because chinny has a fixed charge on the land TB needs his permission to sell it.

As permission hasn't been forthcoming TB is asking the court to override chinny and allow him to sell.

As we found out in the previous court cases that the judge is very difficult to predict but my (fairly uninspired) guess is a halfway house valuation.

then it's down to the trust.

and yes I do pick and chose. There is so much speculation on this thread, often about why TB is doing, and i'm uncomfortable publicly speculating without knowing more of the facts.

On your marks, get set GO!

Who will be the first L1 club to fold this season.

Despite their bestest efforts, it's now looking as if cheats fc will **** even this simple task up.

Good luck to Coventry with their problems and thank FOOK that Rupert et al told Ray Ransome to go do one

I'm wondering, if Cheats FC get liquidated on December 21 do the Mayans get credit for foreseeing it?

I thought the Mayans predicted the demise of the human race? What's that got to do with Pompey and their fans?

I'm reminded of the fact that cockroaches and leeches survived the demise of the dinosaurs...

Stuart Gray (now at Pompey?) and a chum were at St Mary's on Monday night watching our U21's

Surely that deserves a headline in the Pompey News ..... 'Pompey scouts are watching top Premier league starlets'......

As an aside I wonder how our U21 side would perform against Pompey's first team?

Our 3-1 win at Stevenage earlier in the season with a scratch side might provided a clue

I think Stuart was made redundant earlier this year

I've missed something here. Is there going to be a compulsory purchase order granted to allow the cheats to force Chainrai to sell?

Otherwise, won't the court suggest a value, but then say that the current owner is welcome to hold out for whatever he wants to.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

I've missed something here. Is there going to be a compulsory purchase order granted to allow the cheats to force Chainrai to sell?

Otherwise, won't the court suggest a value, but then say that the current owner is welcome to hold out for whatever he wants to.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Chainrai doesn't own Fatpipe Park so it's not his to sell...