Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The thing is, there were plenty of other goalies available on loan without a recall clause, but they went for Cisak as he was effectively Oldham's number one, and only not playing because of a contractual wrangle. They were aware of the risk of recall, but in true Skate style went for quality over quantity, then whinged when their gamble didn't pay off.

It is a disease down there, isn't it? Just once you'd like to hear them say, 'Hey we took a chance, it didn't work out so we'll accept the consequences', but they are pathologically incapable of doing so.

if Watford get hit with a points penalty for the financial irregularities from their past and pompey plough on regardless, can we can organise a joint eyebrow-raising and jaw-dropping session for followers of the Football League's decision-making process?

Hopefully it won't come to that and Micah Hall's much-heralded editing and adaptation of this thread will give the authorities enough rope to dish out some justice.

if Watford get hit with a points penalty for the financial irregularities from their past and pompey plough on regardless, can we can organise a joint eyebrow-raising and jaw-dropping session for followers of the Football League's decision-making process?

Hopefully it won't come to that and Micah Hall's much-heralded editing and adaptation of this thread will give the authorities enough rope to dish out some justice.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/rule-book-leaves-guy-perplexed-1-4545272

Rule book leaves Guy perplexed

Guy Whittingham has been left scratching his head at the Football League after Alex Cisak’s return to Oldham.

The Pompey caretaker boss is perplexed at league rulings which have seen Cisak recalled by the Latics – but Pompey unable to sign a loan keeper.

:facepalm:

Not enough facepalms for this thread.

@pn_neil_allen: Don't take claims on Twitter & News' comments section by opposition fans as fact. Ask #Pompey Trust in person.Today Victory Lounge 12.30-6pm

This will be interesting. I would expect them to archive well over 50% of their target in te first couple of weeks. This is not the type of thing that picks up momentum as time goes on.

Was listening and singing along to Them's version of Dylan's "It's all over now baby blue" this morning and found myself inserting "Pompey" in the place of "baby". Check it out about a minute in

"look out baby the Saints are coming through.........., and its all over now, Pompey blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7WJHdE0__I

@pn_neil_allen: Don't take claims on Twitter & News' comments section by opposition fans as fact. Ask #Pompey Trust in person.Today Victory Lounge 12.30-6pm

and what chance anyone getting a figure of how many 1k 'donations' they have received so far?

Was listening and singing along to Them's version of Dylan's "It's all over now baby blue" this morning and found myself inserting "Pompey" in the place of "baby". Check it out about a minute in

"look out baby the Saints are coming through.........., and its all over now, Pompey blue"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7WJHdE0__I

Great link. There are so many lines in that song that have a pompey ring about them:

The highway is for gamblers...

The sky too has fallen in over you...

Whatever you wish to keep you'd better grab it fast...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/rule-book-leaves-guy-perplexed-1-4545272

Rule book leaves Guy perplexed

Guy Whittingham has been left scratching his head at the Football League after Alex Cisak’s return to Oldham.

The Pompey caretaker boss is perplexed at league rulings which have seen Cisak recalled by the Latics – but Pompey unable to sign a loan keeper.

:facepalm:

Not enough facepalms for this thread.

Thick skate cu.nts.

I think we're being harsh them expecting them to read the rulebook, remember Harry was manager there and can't read & writes like a 5 year old. Probably explains why pompey on line only had 17 users, that's the whole population of portsea island that are able to work a computer!

But now that the figure of 500 pledges has been bandied about, if they show that they've got more than that, it will look comparitively better.

Had the 500 figure not been mentioned, people might actually focus on what the take up rate really is.

The 500 could be a deliberate leak so that they can say 'It's not as bad as the nutjobs are making out'.

Or am I giving them too much credit?

But now that the figure of 500 pledges has been bandied about, if they show that they've got more than that, it will look comparitively better.

Had the 500 figure not been mentioned, people might actually focus on what the take up rate really is.

The 500 could be a deliberate leak so that they can say 'It's not as bad as the nutjobs are making out'.

Or am I giving them too much credit?

What you won't get to the bottom of is whether its 500 separate pledges of £1,000 i.e. £500,000, or 500 people involved in syndcates buying a share of a share. - i.e. 5 shares and £5,000

Great link. There are so many lines in that song that have a pompey ring about them:

The highway is for gamblers...

The sky too has fallen in over you...

Whatever you wish to keep you'd better grab it fast...

Yea I thought that too but liked the line with Saints are coming through

They still believe their own hype about being the bestest. This little gem from the pimpey trust website., 'However, Pompey are averaging around 13,000 this season and we are convinced there are many fans sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens.

Actually their average is JUST over 12,000 nothing like trying to inflate the figures eh! Even IF it was near 13,000 that is still pathetic given that our first season average was 20,900 and the second season 22,000.

They still believe their own hype about being the bestest. This little gem from the pimpey trust website., 'However, Pompey are averaging around 13,000 this season and we are convinced there are many fans sitting on the fence waiting to see what happens.

Actually their average is JUST over 12,000 nothing like trying to inflate the figures eh! Even IF it was near 13,000 that is still pathetic given that our first season average was 20,900 and the second season 22,000.

Does that include away fans?

@pn_neil_allen: Popped into Fratton Park earlier and decent turn out for the @pompeytrust

event while I was there. Awfs on good form in Q&A too. #Pompey

Still being vague with numbers I see...."decent turn out" = not as much as I was hoping for so will go for a platitudinal measure rather than give an estimated figure

@pn_neil_allen: Popped into Fratton Park earlier and decent turn out for the @pompeytrust

Still being vague with numbers I see...."decent turn out" = not as much as I was hoping for so will go for a platitudinal measure rather than give an estimated figure

And it seems the south's premier journalist couldn't even be bothered to stay until the end.

I'm guessing he meant the turn out from the actual trust board members was decent rather than the fans.

I suspect that due to health and safety implications at least 100,000 of the 200,000 fans who rushed to falling down park had to stay out on the streets and wait patiently for their turn to hand over their cash.

Shame on you for calling in to doubt the support of the bestest, trousers.

It must have been a late night yesterday for the trust as I've just checked their website and there's no mention of the question and answer session yesterday. Odd, you'd have thought these answers would be straight up there considering their new openness and transparency. Their must be a logical answer to this quandry.

According to their message boards, "..the turn out was a lot less than I expected" and "wouldve been nice to have seen more there today". So it appears Allenovski of the Pompey Pravda is at it again.

According to their message boards, "..the turn out was a lot less than I expected" and "wouldve been nice to have seen more there today". So it appears Allenovski of the Pompey Pravda is at it again.

Apparently they also:

"Made over £100 on 'Power To The People' T shirts." So I'm guessing they sold about..... 10.

They're still not talking numbers - this from an illiterate Trust bod on POL:

"Slowly, Slowly catchy monkey. We've got the same situation as when pledges were coming in - people want to know, but releasing updates can almost be a no win situation. If we're are doing well some people may feel complacent and relax and not convert, if we are not doing well people may not convert as they think its a waste of time.

I know we want to shove it in Littlewoods face, but that time will come. I think expect more info to come out after court case. At that point we are either viable owners or not. That includes cash in the bank.

As it happens, I'm bursting at the seems to announce to him our success, but just not yet mate."

just a load of back slapping on POL with just a handful of fan on the board candidates all brown nosing one another. No actual tangible answers in terms of numbers pledged etc, just a lot of nice to press a few palms/thank the grafters.

They did flog ten hoodies though!

Brilliant thread BTW on POL from our old pal PFC123, his natural wit and charm appears to have failed him which is a shame. It looks like their embarrassing attendances are really starting to hurt:

OPENING TITLES- THE TIME HONOURED MOTD THEME AND VT SHOWING CROWDS OUTSIDE FOOTBALL GROUNDS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

LINEKER- Hello, and welcome to Match Of The Day. We've got some cracking attendances er, matches to analyse tonight, with our regular statto's Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Mark Lawrenson.

LAWRENSON (butting in)- Gary, shouldn't we be analysing the games themselves?

LINEKER (ignoring Lawro)- So, first up it's Manchester United at home to Everton. Your commentator, Guy Mowbray.

CUT TO VT OF CROWDS FILING INTO OLD TRAFFORD FROM VARIOUS DIFFERENT ANGLES. TEAMS COME OUT ONTO PITCH. AS THE GAME KICKS OFF VT FINISHES.

LINEKER- Well, some fantastic terrace action there. An amazing attendance really. Alan Hansen, what did you think?

HANSEN- Well, where do you start? It was unbelievable! The tactics were spot on really. As it gets to 2.30 there’s only about 10,000 in the ground and you think ‘what’s going on, they’ve really got this one wrong’, but then a late surge down Matt Busby way brings in a good 20k, and on the other side at the same time another 20k flood in from United way, and a lot of them fresh from the pubs and needing to go had real pace as they headed for the gents. Everton didn’t know what hit them. Awesome stuff!

LINEKER- Alan Shearer, what did you think?

SHEARER- Well, Al’s spot on as usual. That late surge completely threw Everton and it was only going to end one way.

LINEKER- A full house?

SHEARER- Exactly.

LINEKER- Lawro, your thoughts?

LAWRENSON- Well, I think we should talk about the game, I thought…

LINEKER- (butting in): Great insight from Mark there, thanks mate. Well our second game this evening focuses on Newcastle United’s attempt to climb the attendance er, league table. They had a tricky looking home game against Norwich. John Motson saw this one.

CUT TO VT OF CROWDS FILING INTO ST JAMES PARK FROM VARIOUS DIFFERENT ANGLES.THE TEAMS COME OUT ONTO PITCH. AGAIN, AS THE GAME KICKS OFF VT FINISHES.

LINEKER- Top stuff again there from Newcastle. Alan Shearer, talk us through it.

SHEARER- This was a tough one to call Gary, a lot of people thought that with Christmas coming up, the numbers might be down, but cometh the hour, cometh last orders and an attack down Percy street before bearing right onto Gallowgate bamboozled Norwich completely. This was different from the United game in that the approaches to St James are more narrow so tactically the crowd has to bunch up and it got a bit congested out there at times. A small crowd queuing outside Micks burger bar at the main entrance caused major problems, so I think they’ll have to look at that before the next game. They’ll be concerned about that one. But overall, a good result.

LINEKER- Lawro, Newcastle on the way up it seems?

LAWRENSON- I think so. Too often the defence has let them down, but today they got the ball and passed it really well, and….

LINEKER- (butting in again) HA HA, thanks Mark. Always dragging us off track as usual! A quick look at the table then shows that Manchester United are top with an average of 75,000. Arsenal are second with 60,000 and Newcastle are a distant third with 51,000.

LAWRENSON- WTF is going on here? This is supposed to be about the matches, not the number of bums on seats at each game?

Silence. A large piece of tumbleweed blows across the set. Lineker, Hansen and Shearer all look at each other nervously.

LINEKER- (hesitantly) Well, Mark I think we all respect your opinions, but everyone knows that the game itself is secondary. Attendance is EVERYTHING. I thought we all accepted that?

LAWRENSON- (ripping microphone off and storming out) Stuff this, I’m going back to Preston…

SHEARER- Weirdo.

HANSEN- C ock.

Well, most of the responses really show how utterly infiltrated with scummers this board is. You sad, sad people...

is this one of us perhaps?

Breathtakingly brilliant either way really.

Good luck for a nice plum tie in the 3rd round. Trevor needs some financial support for PKFs Xmas bash, and Stuart Robinson (the property developer who is buying the liability of fratton and the gun runners car park) needs to remove some silly old decrepit trust bus off his soon to be new venture.

Just watching AFC Wimbledon facing their demons at MK Franchise. It will be the equivalent to AFC skates getting a plum tie with fierce Hampshire rivals Eastleigh in a few years time.

As a thought, the Skates, cup winners in 2008 this year didn't make it past the 1st round. That only took 4 years for them to sink that low. Is that a record?

I doubt that has ever been managed before. It's a new record that they can put up there with having held the FA Cup for seven years from 1939-1946, thanks to Hitler suspending the competition.

That Neil Allen from Pompey News blocked me on Twitter because I told him "Pompey are ****"... He's probably the worst journalist ever.

What do you expect him to do? It's a perfectly reasonable reaction to that kind of message.

If someone sent me a tweet saying Saints were ****, I'd block them too.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/dec/02/ermany-bundesliga-noisy-fans?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Here is an article by David Conn in the Guardian. It is talking about fans owned clubs and noisy fans. David's standards are slipping to Neil Allen standards though, he keeps spelling P....muff B o r u s s i a D o r t m u n d. I must drop him a line and correct him.

Has anyone ever managed Premier League to League Two in consecutive seasons before?

Bradford may be the closest though I don't think they managed it entirely.

Pre-prem, Oxford and Luton obviously took big falls.

Edited by TopGun
Sorry for the double post. Blame IT.