Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'm confused!

Should I boo Ben Haim for being a skate, or applaud him for ripping the ar$e out of their bank account?

He's done more damage to them than any other player, so by inviting him round Harry has firmly nailed his flag to the f'ck pompey mast.

And Ben Haim is still due a few quid from the heroes of 2011/12 fund, so pretty soon he could be getting paid by Harry and the Trust!

The only way that anymore icing could be balanced on this particular cake is if he is really sh!t and leads Harry's plucky boys all the way to the Championship.

Went to see "Sightseers" in Harbour Lights cinema this afternoon, Ben Wheatley's latest black comedy thriller, and in it is a scene of a load of hippies and new age freaks/shamens wildly dancing around a camp site bonfire. When another camper complains about the noise of the drums the camp site owner apologises and says they can't help themselves "they are all from Portsmouth". That line raised the biggest laugh from the cinema audience throughout the whole film.

Went to see "Sightseers" in Harbour Lights cinema this afternoon, Ben Wheatley's latest black comedy thriller, and in it is a scene of a load of hippies and new age freaks/shamens wildly dancing around a camp site bonfire. When another camper complains about the noise of the drums the camp site owner apologises and says they can't help themselves "they are all from Portsmouth". That line raised the biggest laugh from the cinema audience throughout the whole film.

A similar reaction to a mention of Portsmouth at 4:20 here -

courtesy of Southampton Operatic Society

This is brilliant. The latest marketing wheeze from down the road is to send out emails from the club, advertising upcoming games. Revolutionary, right?! Anyway, good to see them catching up. The emails are dressed up as a "personal letter" from manager Guy Whittingham, where he commends Pompey fans as being the bestest and most loyal in the world before asking why they have been so bestest and loyal lately, and would they like to redress that balance starting from Saturday.

"If you don't yet have a ticket, please come and support us"

Everyone knows that Pompey fans are the loudest and most loyal supporters in the world. During my years of playing for the club I considered it an honour to pull on the blue shirt and run out in front of you. I am so proud to have represented Pompey both on and off the field.

I am writing to you about the match at Fratton Park on December 15th against our opponents Preston North End.

If you don't yet have a ticket, please come and support us. The club has struggled on through such difficult times in recent years, and we are hoping that we stand on the verge of a new beginning. Now, more than ever, we need you to buy tickets and half season tickets and come along to Fratton Park.

I must also take this opportunity to thank you for all your support in the past, and I look forward to seeing, (and hearing!), you on the 15th.

Play up Pompey!

Guy Whittingham

Its absolutely fantastic how much they promote their own hype as being the bestest! All 12,000 of them. Bless.

End of season scenario: TBH heads in an own goal to condemn Saggy's QPR to the drop, with us the beneficiaries, staying up in 17th place.

Meanwhile, TBH and co's deferred wage settlement is the straw that breaks the rotten corpses back, and Cheats FC are liquidated the same day.

So the question is, do we erect a statue in the legend TBH's honour?

Or do we erect two?

This is brilliant. The latest marketing wheeze from down the road is to send out emails from the club, advertising upcoming games. Revolutionary, right?! Anyway, good to see them catching up. The emails are dressed up as a "personal letter" from manager Guy Whittingham, where he commends Pompey fans as being the bestest and most loyal in the world before asking why they have been so bestest and loyal lately, and would they like to redress that balance starting from Saturday.

Its absolutely fantastic how much they promote their own hype as being the bestest! All 12,000 of them. Bless.

That is just so splendidly laughable. They have no choice but to promote - and believe - their own hype. After all, what else have they got? I've always found the posts on here from Pompey fans (Mack and Mero apart) very revealing in that sense. Read them and it's abundantly clear that their mythology is all that remains to them - they may not have the numbers, but they're the loudest fans ever; they may be in the doldrums right now but they're really a massive club; yes, they may have got themselves deep in the shít, but all their woes and misfortunes can be laid squarely at someone else's door; they're fighting against the odds (and the authorities, and anyone else you can think of), in spite of having a squad which any other League One club would envy; the numbers signing up to the PDT may be feeble, but it's still somehow the biggest thing of its type ever in the whole world. And on, and on, ad nauseam. Or, more precisely, ad hilarium.

For a lot of them, that's it. If they don't believe, they have nothing.

End of season scenario: TBH heads in an own goal to condemn Saggy's QPR to the drop, with us the beneficiaries, staying up in 17th place.

Meanwhile, TBH and co's deferred wage settlement is the straw that breaks the rotten corpses back, and Cheats FC are liquidated the same day.

So the question is, do we erect a statue in the legend TBH's honour?

Or do we erect two?

LOL at Herman, and then the alarm clock goes off, Saggy chops the chosen one along with scummer bond and big Joe, will get them off the hook, So no it will not be only two places on the gallows trap door, It will still be three, Hold on to that paddle DM,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2244877/Charles-Sale-Portsmouth-face-extinction-court-date.html

Portsmouth's court date with destiny could end in extinction

By CHARLES SALE

PUBLISHED: 23:16, 7 December 2012

The most important date in the history of Portsmouth Football Club will be taking place in London's High Court on Thursday.

The future of the club could now depend on a Chancery Division judge agreeing with the Pompey Supporters' Trust - the preferred bidder - over their estimation of a fair market value for their Fratton Park ground.

Otherwise, administrator Trevor Birch believes he will have no other option than to liquidate Portsmouth, FA Cup winners four years ago, before the end of the season.

Birch can sell Pompey to the PST - even though former owner Balram Chainrai still has a mortgage on the stadium - provided there is a court ruling over the true value of the ramshackle Fratton Park.

The rival factions are millions apart in their valuations, however.

The trust price the ground at £2.75million but Chainrai's Portpin company wants to recoup the £18m allegedly owed to them - £12m of which is secured against the stadium.

Birch, an experienced football operator, has spent nine months looking for other buyers but no-one is prepared to pay more than the PST offer.

So if the judge is not convinced by the fans and their legal team during the scheduled two-day hearing, Portsmouth face extinction.

Chainrai is the only other possible option but Pompey do not believe the Football League would sanction him taking control because of unanswered questions from his previous regime.

Or TB could sell it to any one of the OTHER bidders who he has failed to talk to because of the "Politics" of the trust bid being "the only way"

Maybe he HAS realised that the BEST return to creditors will be to have no club at Nottarf so he can build a much needed Caravan Park on the site.

Hey Trev, how's the stress levels been this past couple of weeks? Bet that PDT meeting last week raised your morale

The future of the club could now depend on a Chancery Division judge agreeing with the Pompey Supporters' Trust - the preferred bidder - over their estimation of a fair market value for their Fratton Park ground.

Otherwise, administrator Trevor Birch believes he will have no other option than to liquidate Portsmouth,

That's my boy, get the emotional blackmail in first, make the poor judge believe the existence of fishkind, rests on his/her ermine covered shoulders.

Otherwise, administrator Trevor Birch believes he will have no other option than to liquidate Portsmouth,

That's my boy, get the emotional blackmail in first, make the poor judge believe the existence of fishkind, rests on his/her ermine covered shoulders.

Exactly, playing the 'they will go out of existence' card yet again. i cannot see any judge allowing that to happen. The cynicism is there everytime. The one time when the judicary should have pulled the plug, she bottled it and allowed them to go and shaft a load of other people. The creditors who lost out since that decision should be allowed to sue her. of course it is not possible,but her decision cost many people their businesses and jobs.

thankfully judges don't read the Mail so that bit of PR was wasted.

Mr Birch, please refrain from babbling on about liquidation, this court is ONLY deciding the potential value of a slab of unoccupied grassy wasteland with four sheds on it - what you do with the court decision is none of our concern.

And make sure you take that public gallery circus back to Monkey World or the Romany Museum when we've finished.

If I was the judge i would say "I have here a number of lower valuations based on the site being used for football and a higher valuation based on the site being used for development. As such I will allow the administrators to sell the site for the lower figure but will insist that the difference between the valuations is paid should the club fold or move such that the site can be used for development" a.k.a. pass the hot potato to the property developers.

thankfully judges don't read the Mail so that bit of PR was wasted.

Mr Birch, please refrain from babbling on about liquidation, this court is ONLY deciding the potential value of a slab of unoccupied grassy wasteland with four sheds on it - what you do with the court decision is none of our concern.

And make sure you take that public gallery circus back to Monkey World or the Romany Museum when we've finished.

yep but dont forget they will write on the back of a fag packet and slide it under the judges nose, that the club brings 300m to the economy and 30000 jobs rely on the 10k fans who turn out some saturdays,

LOL at Herman, and then the alarm clock goes off, Saggy chops the chosen one along with scummer bond and big Joe, will get them off the hook, So no it will not be only two places on the gallows trap door, It will still be three, Hold on to that paddle DM,

Yeah, coz 'Arry has a really great record of saving teams at the bottom of the prem ;)

This was allegedly sent out to 100k 'fans'. Bet the other 150k are well ******ed off they did not get an e-mail, expect mass demonstrations outside Fatpipe Park demanding Guy the Great is dismissed.

If I was the judge i would say "I have here a number of lower valuations based on the site being used for football and a higher valuation based on the site being used for development. As such I will allow the administrators to sell the site for the lower figure but will insist that the difference between the valuations is paid should the club fold or move such that the site can be used for development" a.k.a. pass the hot potato to the property developers.

Splendid solution. Chinnys charge can have a nice little release clause ratified by a dewy eyed judge, passed on to the new land owners guaranteeing the good fellow his security against any future profits earned by the property developers...

It all sounds a little bit CSI to me!

So once again, Chinny will be the shadow benefactor, bound by his cast iron debentures, but this time the ownership model has become even more fragmented.

The developers will own the fixed assets along with 60-70% of the skate fc shareholding, knowing they have Chinny on their back to the tune of 8-9 million before they can look to prosper themselves. The trust will be the live in tenants paying rent to the developers who have the Portpin millstone round their necks for an indeterminate amount of time *****il he gets his money back).

Other than fans on the board and some local press attention, im not sure a minority shareholding is going to be the bestest community buyout in the world.

We know all too well the dangers of a fragmented shareholding and the division and power struggles attached to it, if the PDT get their way it will be a rough and rocky road ahead.

Who is going to maintain the fortress? CSI threw 150K at the liability to replace the clock and pump all that fat out of the pipes to no avail.

Who is going to underwrite SOL et al? Chinny is a player and can keep them off his back, I cant see the trust being quite so robust.

Time to step up to the plate property developers, dont worry that taking on this liability could take you under, the bestest will cement you in skate folklore and hail you as their heroes...

My position is secured, I will get my money back

They just cannot stop with the Lies and Untruths in that part of the world

Talking About Southsea Pier

"It is the last Victorian pier in Hampshire and is also a living part of the history of D-Day," said Leon Reis, chair of The People's Pier campaign group in Southsea.

What about Hythe Pier? longer still got a working Train You would think somebody that knows about piers would know about the one closest to the pier he is trying to save

And used by Saints fans for every home match.

They just cannot stop with the Lies and Untruths in that part of the world

Talking About Southsea Pier

"It is the last Victorian pier in Hampshire and is also a living part of the history of D-Day," said Leon Reis, chair of The People's Pier campaign group in Southsea.

What about Hythe Pier? longer still got a working Train You would think somebody that knows about piers would know about the one closest to the pier he is trying to save

And used by Saints fans for every home match.

That's what happens when you don't peer review an article before publishing...

That's what happens when you don't peer review an article before publishing...

That, or realise there is a Victorian pier (Clarence Pier) less than a mile down the coast. Portsmyth is really the place to go if you want distorted facts.

I presume we will have some Councillor claiming that it generates £350m per year for the local economy shortly.

More plastic ideas at Fatpipe Park. Just can't help but laugh.

just had a call from somebody deep within the PST - THEY WANT FLAGS

we want your flags folks.......in time for preston on the 15th of december

WE WILL GET THEM ON SHOW FOR THAT GAME

if you know anyone with a flag give them a call/nudge........get back to me please

WE HAVE PLANS PLEASE HELP

if you know anyone with a flag give them a call/nudge........get back to me please

Sounds to me as if their fund raising efforts are flagging.

the plan here is eventually every supporters club/pub ect. could have a flag represent them at the Fortress every home game

we will erect flags poles put wires between them...........we will get in the ground early on match days with a pair of steps (if need be) to put flags up......lay flags out on empty seated areas

rome wasn`t built in a day`n`all that

we want as many flags on display for the 15th as possible.....thats the short term aim

:D:D

Hang about, don't we have a spare flag we could lend them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-20630934

Already starting to find alternatives then...

Don't Portsmouth give tickets away every week to the Navy? Seems they can't even give their tickets away now...

ships all have affilitated towns......pompey is the home of the RN so, have quite a big affilitation I guess.

yes, both plymouth and pompey give tickets to the RN every week...pompey even did when they were in the premier league..

not too sure if Rangers or Celtic do the same for HMS Neptune/clyde