Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Thought: could this actually work in their favour at court? It certainly adds to the sympathy vote....might convince the judge to take pity on them....?

Edit: actually, with my conspiracy hat on....why would the football league choose to announce this just before the court case? Why not wait until after the verdict? Almost seems like "someone" has asked them to make a statement ahead of the court case.....hmmm....

I would say that something has forced their hand, but the pressure is really on the pdt. They have been collecting the 900 quids for nearly two weeks now. The ones that were always going to pay up, will have done so. It's just the Waynes and Waynetta's left, that they need to convince to part with a grand two weeks before Christmas. The funny thing is that they can't be approved until they have the dosh and they can't take over until the are approved. This will go on way past January (if PKF stick with the trust bid) which means one thing......................... Birch needs bigger pockets as the most expensive administration in football history, gets even more expensive.

stevie coe ‏@stevefcoe

@football_league How many points did you deduct Balram Chanrai, Levi Kushner, Al Faraj, Al Fahim? What punishment did you give them? #pompey

Pompey fans....adoring (and/or not questioning) previous owners when riding artificially high.....bemoaning previous owners when the sh*t hits the fan....

Same old Pompey...

This is as close as we'll get to one of them actually "getting it"....

Lord Palmerston@Lord_Palmerston

Satisfied with -10. Given FL caprice they could have plucked any old figure out of the air.

Brendon Bone ‏@brendonvbone

@Lord_Palmerston why is there a deduction? We've already been deducted for going into admin, and we'll exit with a CVA?

Lord Palmerston ‏@Lord_Palmerston

@brendonvbone We didn't honour the old CVA.

Hallelujah....

This is as close as we'll get to one of them actually "getting it"....

Lord Palmerston@Lord_Palmerston

Satisfied with -10. Given FL caprice they could have plucked any old figure out of the air.

@Lord_Palmerston why is there a deduction? We've already been deducted for going into admin, and we'll exit with a CVA?

Lord Palmerston ‏@Lord_Palmerston

@brendonvbone We didn't honour the old CVA.

Hallelujah....

Brendon Bone really is clueless isn't he! :D

Edited by Matthew Le God

@Lord_Palmerstonwhy is there a deduction? We've already been deducted for going into admin, and we'll exit with a CVA?

Slow down fella, IF the judge lowers the price to 2.7 million and IF the pdt get 75% conversion, then 15 million goes onto the unsecured debt and Chanrai could potentially force a new CVA vote, with potentially a big enough percentage to block it. If he gets stiffed for 15 million, I wonder which way he would vote ;)

I would say that something has forced their hand, but the pressure is really on the pdt. They have been collecting the 900 quids for nearly two weeks now. The ones that were always going to pay up, will have done so. It's just the Waynes and Waynetta's left, that they need to convince to part with a grand two weeks before Christmas. The funny thing is that they can't be approved until they have the dosh and they can't take over until the are approved. This will go on way past January (if PKF stick with the trust bid) which means one thing......................... Birch needs bigger pockets as the most expensive administration in football history, gets even more expensive.

Perhaps, someone with real money that TB refused to talk to, gave the FL a call......

:suspicious:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

The -10 points deduction now confirmed as set in stone by the Football League. Trust must agree with this to get membership.#Pompey

FFS....read the original Football League statement....it was always set in stone....

Hi, you can tell something's actually happening, I'm back on the thread. Welllllllll, the argument from Birch was that he would go back to the CVA1 people to get their assent to CVA2 and somehow that would overturn the idea that not getting paid a penny from CVA1 would be ok - so it's good that the FL have actually clarified.

Would be nice for the FL to also remind them that they only have until the start of next season to get out of admin...

Bets on the next Neil Allen piece going something like:

It was a day that hope stood up to injustice.

A boy wept in his fathers arms, unable to comprehend why his beloved team were being punished twice for a crime not of their own making.

They say that truth comes from the mouth of babes, and when it cuts so clear as this, it's hard to argue.

But Portsmouth fans stood strong, and stood together, and realised that this step back would allow them a running start to the finish line of the high court.

Freinds and loved ones were as one to ensure that any tears shed would form a river of hope.

[include 100x fawning one line paragraphs, then finish with]

Because Pompey fans know the way the way to win, is to stand against the world as it rallies upon them, and let the chimes of victory ring out.[/QUO

Hope that sanctimonious ***** Cliff Richard doesnt get a look of your effort, he would put it to music, video a few Skate guttersnipes sitting round a fire outside Farton and get it to the Xmas no 1,must admit It made me shed a tear............ of Laughter.

Thought: could this actually work in their favour at court? It certainly adds to the sympathy vote....might convince the judge to take pity on them....?

Edit: actually, with my conspiracy hat on....why would the football league choose to announce this just before the court case? Why not wait until after the verdict? Almost seems like "someone" has asked them to make a statement ahead of the court case.....hmmm....

Tbh I think it can only clarify the situation, and if that leads to a decent judgement, whether it's in Chanrai OR the PST's favour, I'm all in favour of the transparency. I don't really care WHY it's been clarified, it's good that it has.

Tbh I think it can only clarify the situation, and if that leads to a decent judgement, whether it's in Chanrai OR the PST's favour, I'm all in favour of the transparency. I don't really care WHY it's been clarified, it's good that it has.

Except they haven't really clarified anything as there was nothing to clarify (except for those who chose to not read or remember the original football league statement in August)

The Iraq Minister Of Comms in full swing again then :

http://www.supporters-direct.coop/?news-article=pst-welcomes-football-leagues-show-of-confidence-in-trust-bid

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust moved one step closer to creating Britain’s biggest community club after The Football League gave the green light to its bid.

Apart from Swansea and Exeter that is....

The Iraq Minister Of Comms in full swing again then :

http://www.supporters-direct.coop/?news-article=pst-welcomes-football-leagues-show-of-confidence-in-trust-bid

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust moved one step closer to creating Britain’s biggest community club after The Football League gave the green light to its bid.

Apart from Swansea and Exeter that is....

http://www.lewesfc.com/ownership-essentials/

Seems like Lewes FC are community owned with 902 currently signed up. Be interesting to know if PDT have reached that milestone yet.

Edited by andysstuff
Link

I wonder how Corp Ho is taking the news...

Surprisingly well, actually. Although the same can't be said for Pompey Mart, who seems to be having a nervous breakdown over the "news".

f*** them off, no point in being competive this season then, play the youth team, sporting integrity WALOB, so explain to me again why fans are paying £8m-£12m for a deadcert league 2 club with no players, no staduim, no training ground, and why people have/will be paying £13-£20 this season because of the lack of sporting integrity we are as good as relegated because the football league and it crones arent fit for purpose, but protect their little members club, whilst local compaines, charties and ex-employees have been screwed left right and centre, £48m worth of PP gone into this corrupt hole, not to mention £m's of transfer fees and income raised by average gates of 15k the last 2 seasons, and now want more fans money paying the last lot of its scummy little industry with more threats and more sanctions, whilst every decent organisation and person get an insulting 0.4p - 2p in the £.

Sorry but this is a disgrace, from this scummy corrupt members club, I want no part of this blackmail and extortion, prefer to start again and put this money to good use rebuilding our once proud club.

I will not be setting foot in fratton park again, if the trust agree to these terms. Im not prepared to accept a watered down corrupt version of whats gone on before.

This is the straw that breaks the cammels back, I'm *****in fuming ffs.

So, you'll not set foot in FP again but want to start again, presumably with the intent of eventually getting back into the FL?

What did you expect them to say? their rules state that when a club comes out of admin without a CVA they get a ten point penalty. We could have got -17 or -30 so they have to be seen to be applying the rules to all clubs. Forget the arguments about whether the CVA was agreed or not, we look like going down anyway. It's a small price to pay to get the club in the Trust's hands.

A High Court hearing is scheduled for Thursday, December 13 and Friday, December 14 to determine the value of Fratton Park. Provided the outcome is successful, it is anticipated the Trust MAY take control of Portsmouth FC the following week.

In other news, Elvis MAY make a comeback tour, Shergar MAY win next years Arc de la Triomphe and Redkrapp MAY keep QPR in the Premier League

@brendonvbone: You can trust those down the road to stick their f***ing noses in. Mind your own f***ing business!

Erm, I think you'll find that HMRC being diddled out of c.£50m over 3 years is everyone's business not just your own...

:facepalm:

I love the reply he got!

Agent orange ‏@Agentor73787152

@brendonvbone I love it when they get involved Bren. It shows how jealous, insecure & scared they are. #PUP

If they were anywhere remotely close to achieving the target amount we would have heard about it by now.

I've organised plenty of events whereby you always announce that registrations are "looking healthy" if the take up is slow. Whereas, you'll always announce a "more than x have already registered' figure when you want people to know how popular the take up has actually been as that is good advertising in itself.

If they were anywhere remotely close to achieving the target amount we would have heard about it by now.

I've organised plenty of events whereby you always announce that registrations are "looking healthy" if the take up is slow. Whereas, you'll always announce a "more than x have already registered' figure when you want people to know how popular the take up has actually been as that is good advertising in itself.

The official line is that they've been instructed by lawyers not to release any figures prior to the court date. The obvious issues to that are:

1) The court case is between the administrators of Portsmouth Football Club and Portpin; the PDT have nothing to do with the court case, therefore any fundraising activities they currently have underway are entirely irrelevant.

2) The court case is for the purpose of setting a figure for a piece of land and property; it has nothing whatsoever to do with who is buying it or how they are financing it.

3) The purchase of the land is being financed by an independednt property developer, so even if the pledges were struggling they are not part of the financial package to provide the funding for the land anyway.

I love the reply he got!

Agent orange ‏@Agentor73787152

@brendonvbone I love it when they get involved Bren. It shows how jealous, insecure & scared they are. #PUP

I'm sure all Saints fans like me a terrifically jealous of a club with a dwindling fan base, high probability of being relegated to L2, a dilapidated ground that it won't own even if successful in court, a totally unproductive youth system, and a club that might not survive to the end of the year.

Yes all Saints fans are really scared and jealous of Pompey :facepalm:

feet firmly on gas?

Or is that head firmly in oven?...

any tears shed would form a river of hope - nice one G!

Maybe plucky Capt Whittingham and Petty Officer Awford can guide the plucky troopship through the backwaters of despair and eventually a tide of blue emotion and property developers will wash our brave heroes onto a beach of glory...

Or they'll rot in the corner of a stinky harbour.

Even now I find it staggering that so many people on Portsea do not understand the simple facts.

When you have to explain to senior journalists who write on the subject, and to fans who are involved with the rescue packages, that this is not a 2nd penalty for the same crime, you fear for their masterplan for the future.

It ain't rocket surgery.

We've been joking on here for ages about how it's not fair and that Man Utd have debt, some of the few believe that!

And how's the appeal going, the one that in itself is a resignation of the Golden Share?

The one that says, we are ignoring your conditions by appealing and no longer wish to partake in league football?

The FL listed it as a condition, it didn't need clarifying unless you are VERY dim, so as Al Murray would say, not news!

But nice to hear it again.:D

As for the ones chucking toys about and moaning about the authorities ruining their season, nothing has changed since they bought that season ticket for the Hindenburg.

It was alight when you got on, what did you think would happen? :o

You did the crime, just do the time - even if it turns into hard labour in the Wessex League.

I think this quote from the FL explains the latest round of quality over quantity madness.

‘It therefore re-affirmed its earlier decision that these conditions would include a deduction of ten points (applicable at the point of transfer of share) and a range of other restrictions on playing budgets and future borrowing for the next four seasons.’

Ironically, only whilst they are in admin can they take the pee and outbid other clubs on player wages. Birch & Appy probably (correctly) figured that they had one shot of getting promoted, and/or getting a decent bidder onside, and that was to be in the top two before the CVA was sorted, because once it is there will be no more £6k/week players. (And in League 2 the rules governing all clubs are pretty stringent and a very bad time for any 'bigger' club to fall into it.)

How many pledges do the PST a) have and b) need?

a) They claim around 2000, which probably means about 1800

b) They can have as many pledges (£100) as they like, but they need them converted to a full "share" (a £1000 donation to you and I, albeit with additional trust/club membership benefits) for it to make any discernible difference. The target figure is around £1.8m, so that's near enough a 100% conversion rate. Good luck to them...

I'm sure they'll argue that they don't *need* that much money, but if they want to retain a majority stake in the football club, that's what they need. The cash itself will largely be used for working capital so they could take a minority stake and have less money to work with until the end of the season.