Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Maybe it's a typo and he is 15 months old. That would be OK.

Fricking rubbish if he is actually 15 yrs old.

And according to their own rules, ineligble to have paid a deposit or convert his pledge due to his age.

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/#faq4

Given they ignore every other rule, breaking their own should be a walk in the (unpacked) park.

Edited by St Chalet

They are just making this too easy for us, aren't they!

Yeah, but, no, but....

vickypollard595.jpg

Can I buy shares for my children, grandchildren or a minor?

At present almost all Community Benefit Societies (like PST) have chosen to have a minimum age requirement to be a full voting member of 16 years old.

Community Shares can only be held by full members so if an adult wanted to buy shares for say their Grandchild or son or daughter they would need to be held on their behalf by the adult until they reached the age of 16, with those shares being transferred to the minor when they reached the age of 16.

Yeah, but, no, but....

vickypollard595.jpg[/font][/color]

So the kidz daddy can buy sharez for dem innit?

So what about three kids combining for one share then? On top of the Skate journalists clubbing together they are really going to struggle to hit the required target either way!

And really.... shares.... Almost fraudulent calling them that. Pledges would make it clear, but they are not shares.

Well, of course, IF TB had answered the phones then PERHAPS the PDT could have engaged with them on a package deal that did NOT include giving away the stadium.

Surely Birch is duty bound to consider all bids...? Wouldn't it be a shame if Chainrai happened to mention to the judge that there were other bids that were potentially willing to pay more for Fatpark Pipes....

they can't delay the court case, I've heard it on good authority that they have already won their glorious battle and will definitely have the keys before Christmas.

Probably.

Despite Nutjobs suggesting that the legal process can work slower than Birch on double-time after a lengthy lunch, all the PDT's chosen media partners have been assuring us that it's a done deal and is no more than a rubber-stamping event.

In the meantime they've given up on packing the park and are now just trying to muster 1898 colour-blind people who need a new coat for winter.

As already mentioned the club is only two years old so presumably the 1898 figure refers to the number of creditors still awaiting payment?

Or is it the date when they last had a football club in the city that was trading solvently?

Though I believe the full history indicates that they were involved with financial irregularities back then as well - wasn't their first attempt liquidated around the early 1900s?

What a farce.

As for the slowest cyclist in Europe, what a plucky little 15-year-old hero he is.

His glorious effort warms the heart and restores your faith in young people and their ability to badly perform pointless lame gestures for self-promotion.

Not exactly Paris-Dakar is it?

It also makes you wonder what did he do with his two kids while he was out on this great adventure.

They enjoy their blue-themed fancy dress days down at Fortress Fatpipes.

First it was the blue smurfs.

P1040439.JPG

Then, against Coventry, it was "dress as a blue seat" day.

2abu8ubu.jpg

Now its blue Santa day.

558806_469256023118198_1488422416_n.jpg

They really are the bestest, most passionate football fans in the world.

SOS Pompey are calling on all supporters to join us at the High Court on Thursday December 13th and Friday 14th to demonstrate our support for the PST.

The special "We may be aliens Mr Chainrai, but we saw straight through you" days will take place at this time!

More details will be announced of timings on the day and also a "special theme" we are working on.

If you are able to make it for either or both of the days, so we are able to ascertain numbers to advise the Metropolitan Police (as this is a planned demonstration) please email carl_paddon_1@hotmail.com that you will be there!

More details will follow shortly and please post this to your FB accounts, Twitter and any message boards you frequent!

SOS Pompey are calling on all supporters to join us at the High Court on Thursday December 13th and Friday 14th to demonstrate our support for the PST.

The special "We may be aliens Mr Chainrai, but we saw straight through you" days will take place at this time!

More details will be announced of timings on the day and also a "special theme" we are working on.

If you are able to make it for either or both of the days, so we are able to ascertain numbers to advise the Metropolitan Police (as this is a planned demonstration) please email carl_paddon_1@hotmail.com that you will be there!

More details will follow shortly and please post this to your FB accounts, Twitter and any message boards you frequent!

I for one, shall be making an appearance, for live reports straight from the scene.

NB. Someone remind me nearer the time.

This will work out well; I can't forecast any problems at all.

Previously they could only get stumpy and 15 of his chinless wonder mates to attend their demonstration outside Fratton Park. This one could be utterly hilarious.

I for one, shall be making an appearance, for live reports straight from the scene.

NB. Someone remind me nearer the time.

It's just around the corner from my office, so I might have a little wander down there myself.

I'll get the beers if you bring the wide angle lens, to make sure we get them all in one photo

Trust Share Benefits:

The overriding benefit is a collective one, that together we can take control of our football club. Alongside that aim

we are working on a range of benefits to reward supporters who invest between £1,000 and £20,000 through

shares in PST:

• Discounted season ticket options for the 2013-14 season and beyond

• Discounted half-season ticket option for season 2012-13

• Discount on function room hire at the club

• Exclusive shareholder pin badge

• Your name inscribed in an exclusive ‘wall of fame’ to be erected at Fratton Park

• Frameable individually numbered share certificate

• Special priority draws - including for every home match a draw to be a ‘VIP for a Day’

• Exclusive Pre-season ‘open day’ at Fratton Park for all shareholders, including meet the players, PST team

and Club Management Team

• Free membership of PST

In addition, where a vote is held at a meeting of members of PST on any question relating to;

• issuing more share capital in Portsmouth Community Football Club Limited

• transfer of shares in Portsmouth Community Football Club Limited

the Board of PST will not act on any vote unless it has been passed by the requisite majority of all members and the

requisite majority of community shareholders.

£1000 for a pin badge, which is pretty much the only tangible benefit, seems excessive. At least it is an "exclusive" one. I see that they are also offering discounted season tickets to those that pledge - I wonder how that equates with their model of sustainability?

Trust Share Benefits:

The overriding benefit is a collective one, that together we can take control of our football club. Alongside that aim

we are working on a range of benefits to reward supporters who invest between £1,000 and £20,000 through

shares in PST:

• Your name inscribed in an exclusive ‘wall of fame’ to be erected at Fratton Park

• Special priority draws - including for every home match a draw to be a ‘VIP for a Day’

• Exclusive Pre-season ‘open day’ at Fratton Park for all shareholders, including meet the players, PST team

and Club Management Team

• Free membership of PST

In addition, where a vote is held at a meeting of members of PST on any question relating to;

the Board of PST will not act on any vote unless it has been passed by the requisite majority of all members and the

£1000 for a pin badge, which is pretty much the only tangible benefit, seems excessive. At least it is an "exclusive" one. I see that they are also offering discounted season tickets to those that pledge - I wonder how that equates with their model of sustainability?

Feck Wow! - where do I sign? I just cant wait to hand over £1000 before Christmas - best if I loan it and get into debt to get the pin badge... notice there is noway of 'selling your share to 'liquidate your asset' so to speak (which is an inteesting turn of phrase wher pompey are concerned) - so I guess its not really a share, but a gift and as the HNW individuals will probably own 51%+ they can later do as they please... top value at pompey Tesco

Trust Share Benefits:

shares in PST:

and Club Management Team

• Free membership of PST

Thought they would at least have given Tesco clubcard points?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/cisak-wants-to-be-a-pompey-great-1-4526801

‘It’s a club I’d like to stay at. It shouldn’t be in this division.

‘I’ve heard how things were run before and obviously it’s upsetting with what’s happened.

‘It’s a massive club with a huge fanbase and I just look forward to playing for this club.’

He added: ‘The fans are great.'

:facepalm:

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/loan-ranger-s-career-hits-high-with-blues-switch-1-4525447

Hereford, Notts County, Swindon, Preston, Carlisle and Tranmere have all benefitted from the 6ft 3in man’s trickery, pace and direct running.

But none of those clubs match up to being at Pompey in Jervis’ eyes.

That made the move south last Thursday an easy decision for him to make.

Jervis said: ‘It’s way up there (in comparisons to other clubs I’ve been at).

‘It’s way out in front.

‘Obviously, the club has been in the Premier League and has had its difficulties over the past few years but you can just tell it’s a big club and they want to do well.

‘As I joined Carlisle, obviously, I played Portsmouth.

‘From then, they wanted me to come down. There were problems money-wise but they got it sorted and I was able to come down.

‘It didn’t need to be sold to me.

‘It’s such a big club and obviously to come in and help the club’s cause and get them up the league was good.

‘I’ve definitely seen enough of the club already to know how big it is.

‘Even before coming here I knew how big it was and after being with the lads just for a day I knew how good the club is.

‘It’s got a good family feel to it.’

:lol:

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/loan-ranger-s-career-hits-high-with-blues-switch-1-4525447

Hereford, Notts County, Swindon, Preston, Carlisle and Tranmere have all benefitted from the 6ft 3in man’s trickery, pace and direct running.

But none of those clubs match up to being at Pompey in Jervis’ eyes.

That made the move south last Thursday an easy decision for him to make.

Jervis said: ‘It’s way up there (in comparisons to other clubs I’ve been at).

‘It’s way out in front.

‘Obviously, the club has been in the Premier League and has had its difficulties over the past few years but you can just tell it’s a big club and they want to do well.

‘As I joined Carlisle, obviously, I played Portsmouth.

‘From then, they wanted me to come down. There were problems money-wise but they got it sorted and I was able to come down.

‘It didn’t need to be sold to me.

‘It’s such a big club and obviously to come in and help the club’s cause and get them up the league was good.

‘Even before coming here I knew how big it was and after being with the lads just for a day I knew how good the club is.

‘It’s got a good family feel to it.’

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

‘Even before coming here I knew how big it was and after being with the lads just for a day I knew how good the club is"

Does he think it's a big club?

The News have a standard form with 10 questions on it which they give all new Pompey signings to fill in. They then just type out the answers as an article. The form goes something like:

Question 1 - Given you were not getting a game with your present club were you keen to sign for a big club like Pompey?

Question 2 - You are aware we played in Premiership for a year or two aren't you?

Question 3 - Most players think the fans are great what do you think?

Question 4 - If we have lots of money to pay you then would you like to stay after your loan ends?

etc, etc ...

As every report on every new player is the same then it has to be this. You could hardly send Allen or his colleagues out without a list of questions could you, they would not have a clue what to ask.

What always amuses me is every interview makes reference to the financial troubles in such a flippant way!

"Oh I heard you had a few financial problems, must have been a cash flow problem"

Propaganda at its absolute finest.

I rent a unit in the Safestore Self storage next to FrattonPark, so I might have a wander down.

Shepherds Crook opposite the end of Frogmore Road.

You are aware that the High Court is NOT in Portsmouth aren't you?

@pn_neil_allen: We will never forget. Nov 27, 2008. #Pompey 2 AC Milan 2. James,Johnson, Distin, Kaboul, Traore, Little,Hughes, Diop, Belhadj, Kanu, Crouch.

And neither will the charities, businesses and taxpayers that lost c.£150m thereafter...

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: We will never forget. Nov 27, 2008. #Pompey 2 AC Milan 2. James,Johnson, Distin, Kaboul, Traore, Little,Hughes, Diop, Belhadj, Kanu, Crouch.

And neither will the charities, businesses and taxpayers that lost c.£150m thereafter...

Neil will remember until such time as he changes jobs. Pretending to be a fan is a bit pathetic.

He ​hasn't forgotten the money owed to him either!!

I'll be at a loose end so will pop up for a laugh. As above, where would be good place to meet?

Welll... last time I was at the High Court to see Pompey I had a couple of pints at The Olde Cheshire Cheese (IIRC). Couldn't get into the court: it was more packed than a park, so did a bit of eavesdropping in the waiting room outside and even heard AA schmoozing the Pompey fans. Then off to the British Museum etc. for a good day out in the smoke...

It will be a day full of activity which will include a pre-match Santa Stroll and Santa Zumba as well as a Santa Samba and giant pass-the–parcel at half time.

How appropriate given that this is the very game the previous owners of Pompey have been playing for a decade now ;)