Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I see the valuation is 'if there is a viable club' in other words if it is liquidated it is then worth millions more. brilliant way to get a bargain through the backdoor..ohh er vicar

Indeed. If all the trusts valuations are based on the assumption that the area must contain a stadium and a 'football' (loosest sense) club then they can't be valid. Must surely be 'If this area of land was on the open market what would it sell for' irrespective of what the land is currently being used for.

I see the valuation is 'if there is a viable club' in other words if it is liquidated it is then worth millions more. brilliant way to get a bargain through the backdoor..ohh er vicar

This is the crux of my not understanding how PKF can choose the far less lucrative route for the very people he's been deployed by the court to protect - i.e. the creditors

Baffling

@pn_neil_allen: That's it. Window closed and it appears nothing else completed in time despite all #Pompey best attempts.

Hang on a minute. This isn't fair at all; Pompey need to be competitive and there needs to be a level playing field FFS.

Sometimes I despair at the Football League, this is entirely their fault.

I expect the judge will adjourn the hearing until:

1.He can decide if the offer from the the Property Developer is an arms length transaction, bearing in mind the latters connection with PST and the new Board.

2. and/or He obtains an up to date independent valuation from a firm affiliated to RICS.

3. and/or He decides if he wishes to order a sale by auction, so that the price received would be a notice to the world that the best possible price was obtained.

The thing that lets me sleep soundly at night is the knowledge that it's Chinny they're taking on.

A ruthless loan shark who will stop at nothing to get what he's due.

He doesn't have a track record of f*cking up every legal case against pfc like HMRC, nor does he lack balls like the FL.

He is Chinny. He is secured, He will get his money back...... one way or another.

I just can't see the Judge caving on this one, and if he does, don't expect the Chin man to take it lying down

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/sport/article/5874/buzsakys-thanks-to-cash-strapped-pompey

Akos Buzsaky has expressed his gratitude to cash-strapped Portsmouth for allowing him to join Barnsley on loan this week.

The 30-year-old Hungarian international arrived at Oakwell on Wednesday night after extending his short-term deal with League One Pompey.

He said: “The only way I could come to Barnsley was by getting a longer contract at Portsmouth then coming on loan.

“If I left Portsmouth I would not be able to sign for Barnsley until January. Portsmouth were very friendly about it. They knew that I would move on if I had the opportunity to play at a higher level.

I thought they were month to month only? :uhoh::shakey:

The thing that lets me sleep soundly at night is the knowledge that it's Chinny they're taking on.

A ruthless loan shark who will stop at nothing to get what he's due.

He doesn't have a track record of f*cking up every legal case against pfc like HMRC, nor does he lack balls like the FL.

He is Chinny. He is secured, He will get his money back...... one way or another.

I just can't see the Judge caving on this one, and if he does, don't expect the Chin man to take it lying down

Yes yes yes! I f*cking love Balram, legend. He's been circling the corpse for years now and still holds his integrity in tact.

God bless Balram chainrai

Hmmm... More bending over backwards by the FL or Pompey 'flexing' the rules under the radar...? Might be worth digging out the original statement issued by the FL re: the monthly contract restriction (or was it a self imposed restriction by Birch?)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8262586

Public opinion often suggests Portsmouth brought their problems on themselves by 'buying' the FA Cup under the Gaydamak regime, when an expensive squad was assembled in a tactic of speculating to accumulate. This did not prove sustainable.

Brown, a Portsmouth fan of 40 years whose mum used to take him to Fratton Park as a baby when his father was away in the navy, said: "People raise the point, 'did you buy the FA Cup?'. Everyone buys titles. Do not tell me Manchester City did not buy the Premier League last season. Is City's a sustainable model? No, it is not. But did we ever expect to find ourselves in such a bad position? No, absolutely not."
:facepalm: Edited by trousers

Hello everyone, I'm a newby and I want to become a Nutjob.

I think I have all the necessary qualities:

- I am a fearless keyboard warrior.

- I don't get out much or have much else to do, so can keep on top of any new Pompey scandal 24/7.

- I have (almost) perfect 20-20 hindsight.

- I can be a bit anal sometimes (I have recorded these occasions on a spreadsheet if you are interested).

- My favourite German word is schadenfreude.

- In my book nothing beats a good sweeping generalization.

- I am quite a business guru (not bad for someone living in a bedsit in Shirley, eh!).

- I'm a funny guy (so other people tell me).

- Hearing about the crimes Pompey have committed drives me into a rage of righteous indignation (I squirm around in my seat, stamp my feet and froth at the mouth a bit).

Am I in? Please say yes!

Komisaruk

You missed the central point - that you are addicted to watching the most entertaining slow motion car crash in human history. We're in it for the quality humour!

for_the_lulz2.JPG

Pompey is my lolcow (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lolcow) :D

Love the opening quote -

Someone, I am sure, one day will write a book about it and the people who read it will probably think it is fiction and not fact

No need to, it's all documented in a 1562 page dossier produced by a number of nutjobs, and he's right some people from the eastern end of the M27 do believe what has been written is fiction.

Your Comments (1)

pointer says November 21, 2012 12:58pm

If the Pompey Trust pulls this off it will change football in this country for the better - maybe forever. Words like integrity, community, independence, honesty, financial probity will be used again. Everyone in football - even Man City / Chelsea / United fans should get behind this.

a pompey fan lecturing football on financial planning, honesty and integrity? :o

Perhaps they'd like to have a pop at people who utilise tax-avoidance schemes too.

Up next, Peter Sutcliffe explains how women deserve respect and equality in the workplace, whatever their job, while on BBC2 you can see a repeat of the Panorama special exposing how famous people abuse their positions, a hard-hitting documentary presented by Jimmy Savile.

Later, John Terry uses his opportunity presenting the MOBO awards to campaign for the rights of disabled drivers, and launches an attack on unfaithful husbands.

I have been an avid reader and very occasional contributor to ths thread.

To add a little balance I do think it s commendable what the trust are trying to do. I also think it is an impossible task to take on this wreck of a club and to revive it. Surely a phoenix club would be the best way forward in a more appropriate league to their means and funding.

Which brings me to all the criticism of the business plan and the prospectus. I think many are being unfair. You should bear in mind this is a small business and you shouldn't expect too much. It's a bit like asking your corner shop to act like Tesco. This is effectively a corner shop with a very small customer base and a little local support and demand. Though again I do believe it would be better suited to the lower leagues and a smaller venue.

Just trying to add some balance.

Had a quick chat with an avid fan yesterday who will certainly not be converting their pledge, and doesn't know anyone who is! He felt that paying up would simply be a waste of money and that starting again is best solution. Given that the PDT bid is now being taken seriously, it's odd that opinion is suddenly swinging the other way.

Which brings me to all the criticism of the business plan and the prospectus. I think many are being unfair. You should bear in mind this is a small business and you shouldn't expect too much. It's a bit like asking your corner shop to act like Tesco. This is effectively a corner shop with a very small customer base and a little local support and demand. Though again I do believe it would be better suited to the lower leagues and a smaller venue.

MIAOW. :lol:

I have been an avid reader and very occasional contributor to ths thread.

To add a little balance I do think it s commendable what the trust are trying to do. I also think it is an impossible task to take on this wreck of a club and to revive it. Surely a phoenix club would be the best way forward in a more appropriate league to their means and funding.

Just trying to add some balance.

I think that's entirely fair KK.

If we take the emotion of the rivalry out of things, then certainly there is respect for what they (PST) have tried to acheive and how far they have got.

Personally I want them to succeed. It will ensure South Coast superiority for the rest of mine and my kids liftimes for Saints.

However, when you strip things back, what they are trying to do, is exactly what the people who they criticise so much did.

Their first liittle trick was to try and rape 6 million off the players, when they actually had the money (And wanted to spend it on players and wages) and now they want another 15 million off Chinny....claiming his charge isn't valid. The only problem with that is the Micha hall articles spell out exactly when and where the money was put in..... It's just they don't want to believe that part.

Hmmm... More bending over backwards by the FL or Pompey 'flexing' the rules under the radar...? Might be worth digging out the original statement issued by the FL re: the monthly contract restriction (or was it a self imposed restriction by Birch?)

Events at PFC are funny and crooked enough without our having to make up new rules for them to bend. So to be fair ---- my understanding is that the monthly contracts are a financial constraint imposed by PKF; the FL imposed the 20 man squad limit. This player was on a monthly contract, which meant that if he just left the club as a free agent he'd be stranded, unable to sign for anyone else till the January window. Portsmouth extending his contract enables him to go to Barnsley on loan whilst only nominally being on Portsmouth's books ...costs PFC nothing since Barnsley will pay him, but gains them nothing either (unless Barnsley are downright stupid) and does not count in their 20 man squad.

"In August I took voluntary redundancy from a senior management role in a large corporation and threw myself full time into the struggle for Pompey. It's a large amount from a dwindling pot that has Christmas, numerous birthdays and quite a few mortgage payments to cope with.

Will they ever learn ??!!

Will they ever learn ??!!

In one breath he says he's giving £1000 so his kids have a club to support and in the next breath says its more important than putting food on the table.... Surely the kids need to be fed first...? :)

Talking of his kids...

Micah's hall of fame

Daughter: Paige-Olivia Michelle Penny Elaine Yasmin (spells Pompey)

Son: Lawrence Dean Pompey Invictus

Daughter: Roseannah Eleanor Elizabeth Pompey

Daughter: Jasmine Georgina Patricia Pompey

:facepalm:

"Finally, the chance to fulfil the club's potential. Our catchment area remains awesome. During the recent decline we have still managed to get a couple of hundred thousand different Pompey fans through the doors of our decrepit but much-loved stadium."

Well, I guess that's one way of dressing up the pitiful home crowds that are now hitting sub-10k numbers :lol:

"In the last few days I've spoken to people previously unconnected to the club and as usual they have expressed their amazement at the support, the atmosphere and the patience of the fans. We are so proud of our club and each other"

And Ive spoken to people "unconnected to the club" that say their support is amazingly deluded beyond belief, the atmosphere is generally a (very) few happy-clappy gimps with a bell and a drum and the patience of the FL is staggering. :p

"Watch out football, Pompey are back. Power to the people!"

Deluded thick island-dwellers.

Quote Micah Hall:

"Finally, the chance to fulfil the club's potential. Our catchment area remains awesome. During the recent decline we have still managed to get a couple of hundred thousand different Pompey fans through the doors of our decrepit but much-loved stadium.

"The club needs to be rebuilt. It has to have solid foundations before it can afford the sort of players we all want to see. But Pompey fans are smart, dedicated, and indomitable.

Well, 200,000 of the quarter of a million Skate fans who were celebrating on Southsea Common after their FA Cup win, have actually attended matches in person at some time or another since then. Bearing in mind that there is a capacity of below 20,000 and that a reasonable proportion of matchday attendees are season ticket holders, it's a bloody good thing that all of these other fans don't decide to turn up all at once. Especially as it might have been expected that they would show solidarity now that Chinny has been sidelined and money through the turnstiles is vital to the Trust's prospects of success.

Their catchment area is indeed awesome, is it, regardless of competition from us since our rise back to the top flight and Brighton being in the division above them with a new and larger stadium?

Look, Micah, I applaud what you have done by opening the can of worms that is the Skates' ownership by charlatans and crooks these past few years, but don't spoil it suggesting that your fan support is something it is not, both in the attendance stakes, or in terms of their intelligence.

What does it mean to the fans to take control back of the club?

"In the last few days I've spoken to people previously unconnected to the club and as usual they have expressed their amazement at the LACK OF support, the PATHETIC atmosphere and the patience of the fans. We are so proud of our club and each other.

"Watch out football, Pompey are back. Power to the people!"

Amended the #medialovein to be more realistic.

Interestingly enough, up here, no one gives a sh.it about them bar Walsall fans and baggies fans. Walsall due to being in the same division and baggies as they are still smarting about being denied a cup final by a club buying players they couldn't afford.

Even my clued up colleagues and students don't know about the PST but there is universal agreement that: A) Those responsible should be brought to book and B) The fans kept quiet during the good times so unlucky about the bad times C) Who cares about it really bar pompey fans?

"The share will buy me the one thing we have fought for over years; transparency. There has been very little of it at Pompey in my lifetime, for one simple reason; you don't grant transparency when you have something to hide."

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/

A summary of the finances appears in the offer document, and a more detailed set of financial projections with commentary will be added shortly.

Almost a week since they published the prospectus, still no sign of this information, something to hide? :?