Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With the assets we had over the relatively small amount of debt most Saints supporters, (super-optimist me included) thought something was bound to turn up at crunch time. Yes we did nothing but I when a friend put to me the suggestion that the next season we could be playing Eastleigh in their league and not just a pre-season friendly...I said I'd be there.

I've been a supporter for as long as I can remember, late 50s to the present day and a STH for 35 years but it's not the sole thing in my life...how sad would that be if it were. I love my club...wherever it is or at whatever level, I'll be there. Ask me for a £1000 though?...no way and I CAN afford it.

I do hope that this incoming championship striker is as good as that Premiership midfielder they had, the one who was going to rip up League One, show those lower league peasants how the game should be played, and lead the sport into a new era.

Though I guess he got his dream move to a bigger club - pompey gave him the opportunity, but you can't hold onto your great players when the European giants like Barnsley come calling with their tempting offers to pay your wages on time, not racially abuse you if you play badly, and not introduce you to more new players every week.

A neutral might suggest that their recruitment policy looks a little chaotic at the moment.

I know they are restricted, but they have clearly overspent on shiny tat.

Along with Rocha that would be two players they have taken on who are not match fit and have just used pompey as a well paid training camp - like that summer holiday, but with less daytrips to see monkeys on rocks.

It's funny how things go.

The club future is in the balance, but the season has to stumble on.

They've moved a stage beyond rearranging Titanic furniture - as the icy waters lap around the musicians' ankles they're now choosing which cushions go with the deckchairs.

With the assets we had over the relatively small amount of debt most Saints supporters, (super-optimist me included) thought something was bound to turn up at crunch time. Yes we did nothing but I when a friend put to me the suggestion that the next season we could be playing Eastleigh in their league and not just a pre-season friendly...I said I'd be there.

I've been a supporter for as long as I can remember, late 50s to the present day and a STH for 35 years but it's not the sole thing in my life...how sad would that be if it were. I love my club...wherever it is or at whatever level, I'll be there. Ask me for a £1000 though?...no way and I CAN afford it.

Why they think that encouraging fans to borrow £1000 with the sole purpose of maintaining a morally corrupt club's league status is more noble than starting a Phoenix club in the lower leagues is beyond me

Edited by trousers

I do hope that this incoming championship striker is as good as that Premiership midfielder they had, the one who was going to rip up League One, show those lower league peasants how the game should be played, and lead the sport into a new era.

Though I guess he got his dream move to a bigger club - pompey gave him the opportunity, but you can't hold onto your great players when the European giants like Barnsley come calling with their tempting offers to pay your wages on time, not racially abuse you if you play badly, and not introduce you to more new players every week.

A neutral might suggest that their recruitment policy looks a little chaotic at the moment.

I know they are restricted, but they have clearly overspent on shiny tat.

Along with Rocha that would be two players they have taken on who are not match fit and have just used pompey as a well paid training camp - like that summer holiday, but with less daytrips to see monkeys on rocks.

It's funny how things go.

The club future is in the balance, but the season has to stumble on.

They've moved a stage beyond rearranging Titanic furniture - as the icy waters lap around the musicians' ankles they're now choosing which cushions go with the deckchairs.

Analogy of the month award sewn up right there :lol:

Edited by trousers

From POL

``And we have an open event in the Victory Lounge on 15th Dec to help people convert their pledges and buy new shares.

Personally I'd like to encourage as many people who have pledged to convert before the court date so we can show how real our commitment is.``

I am going to bet on a 62% take up - which ill be dressed up by the pdt as just under a 100%

Champneys is to blame for their bad form.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-being-away-from-family-is-affecting-pompey-players-1-4508998

And as for Rallyboy's continual crowing that the figures don't add up - Well they will now. With this initative in place, they will be signing Beckham, with plenty of cash to spare.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/10p-on-a-pint-to-aid-pompey-1-4510013

Edited by Gemmel

so if they sell 10000 pints, they will bring in £1000 - note that they are adding 10p to the pint price - so even if not a supporter, stilll donate - not pub donating - just the poor mug customers!

Mark

And there's always the chance that they will 'do a Pompey' and just trouser the donations.

It's like politics; the PST know that the figures aren't adding up, not enough pledges are being converted, but if they admit that things aren't going well, even more people will be discouraged from their cause and it'll snowball even faster.

Hence, the full on noises from them about how well it's all going.

so if they sell 10000 pints, they will bring in £1000 - note that they are adding 10p to the pint price - so even if not a supporter, stilll donate - not pub donating - just the poor mug customers!

Mark

If the landlord is adding 10p onto the price of a pint one assumes he'll have to pay a portion of that as VAT..... (yes, I know, I know....Pompey....tax....in the same sentence....)

It's like politics; the PST know that the figures aren't adding up, not enough pledges are being converted, but if they admit that things aren't going well, even more people will be discouraged from their cause and it'll snowball even faster.

Hence, the full on noises from them about how well it's all going.

Not sure that's right. I think the figures have already been added up, and as long as the Judge is nice to them next month, they can proceed with the purchase whether they sell any £1,000 "shares" or not. McInness's cronies and the property developer have seen to that. Not one penny of their £1,000 will go towards actually saving the club.

As Frodo said "We set out to save the club, Sam. And we did save it, only not for us"

Andy4

11:17 AM on 22/11/2012

Marriott is £175 a night including breakfast, so thats £5250 a player per month bot including dinner pr pay per view movies!!! Laughable story and to help the club out i have 2 spare rooms i will do B&B for £1000 a month per room!

Diamond Geezer

10:32 AM on 22/11/2012

I bet the Marriott Hotel is panicking as to whether it will be paid....

Indeed. In fact, weren't they on the creditors list the last two Admins? #mugs

Harry Stotle

9:23 AM on 22/11/2012

Completely understandable but it is more reason why we should be investing more in youth at the moment. I hate to think of us in the fourth tier but that is the way we are going anyway. I would like to see us forming a side around three experienced pros - a central defender, a midfielder and a forward and nurturing the young players through.

I live in the west country and this is what Plymouth had to do. Less than four years ago they were fourth in the Championship before foreign scavengers wrecked their club. They tried what we are trying and were relegated anyway. Now, they are still struggling but have stablised and their young players have improved.

It is bitter medicicne but we have to take it.

It's only taken 5 years but AT LAST one of them gets it!

Edited by trousers

And presumably Barnsley are able to offer contracts that last longer than the average menstrual cycle...

The players can see monkeys on rocks every matchday - most notably The Chimp With The Bell (TCWTB). Though not as many as on Gibraltar as they are becoming an endangered species on Portsea Island...

Official_Twitter_Logo_normal.jpgPortsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey

According to talksport Reading have refused to allow Mikkel Andersen to stay at #Pompey

Official_Twitter_Logo_normal.jpgPortsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey

That's completely wrong - he's actually returned because emergency loans can only last a maximum of 93 days #pompey

Erm....IIRC wasn't UnAppy trying to get him to extend his stay before he departed for Blackpool....?

Hello everyone, I'm a newby and I want to become a Nutjob.

I think I have all the necessary qualities:

- I am a fearless keyboard warrior.

- I don't get out much or have much else to do, so can keep on top of any new Pompey scandal 24/7.

- I have (almost) perfect 20-20 hindsight.

- I can be a bit anal sometimes (I have recorded these occasions on a spreadsheet if you are interested).

- My favourite German word is schadenfreude.

- In my book nothing beats a good sweeping generalization.

- I am quite a business guru (not bad for someone living in a bedsit in Shirley, eh!).

- I'm a funny guy (so other people tell me).

- Hearing about the crimes Pompey have committed drives me into a rage of righteous indignation (I squirm around in my seat, stamp my feet and froth at the mouth a bit).

Am I in? Please say yes!

Komisaruk

and presumably barnsley are able to offer contracts that last longer than the average menstrual cycle...

the players can see monkeys on rocks every matchday - most notably the chimp with the bell (tcwtb). Though not as many as on gibraltar as they are becoming an endangered species on portsea island...

:D:d:d

Andy4

Marriott is £175 a night including breakfast, so thats £5250 a player per month bot including dinner pr pay per view movies!!! Laughable story and to help the club out i have 2 spare rooms i will do B&B for £1000 a month per room!

Nah, the Marriott is £90 a night on business rates.....

- I don't get out much or have much else to do, so can keep on top of any new Pompey scandal 24/7.

- I can be a bit anal sometimes (I have recorded these occasions on a spreadsheet if you are interested).

- I am quite a business guru (not bad for someone living in a bedsit in Shirley, eh!).

- Hearing about the crimes Pompey have committed drives me into a rage of righteous indignation (I squirm around in my seat, stamp my feet and froth at the mouth a bit).

Am I in? Please say yes!

Komisaruk

And now we have all their season ticket holders as posters on this thread.

@L1minus10 what are chances of court allowing Birch to sell FP to PST for £10m less than Birch valued it at a few months ago?

@colinfarmery: There have been 5 independent valuations. All are lower than the 2.6m offered, so I'd say the chances are 'good'.

@Lord_Trousers PKF concurred with the book value of £13.2m in their April 2012 report: http://t.co/rm1rHUYp

@colinfarmery: That's why they're accountants not valuers... ;o) It's worth no more than 2.5m if there's a viable club

@Lord_Palmerston: PKF also said they had reservations about information they were working with at the time.

@Lord_Trousers: They had 2 months to ratify valuation of the ground before producing that first report

Am I in? Please say yes!

Komisaruk

[video=youtube_share;yVIgiMJ1KBQ]

Andy4

Nah, the Marriott is £90 a night on business rates.....

Yeah but you're forgetting, this is Portsmouth Football Club we are talking about, that doesn't operate like a business !

As with all valuations, what are the assumptions? As it stands (depreciating asset), assuming a planning consent, or just plain old hope value? Ironically, the Miland plots are worth more with FP and vice versa; be interesting to see what firms each side has used to produce the competing valuations (I am trying to find out who). FP is 5.35 acres, £2.6M or £500K an acre seems a steal to me...Just think of all that CGT which will be payable when the PDT make a huge development profit!!

Am I in? Please say yes!

Komisaruk

I need some help from some of our more intellectuals on this. Please bear with me.

PDT are looking to buy FP, I assume from the administrator, as surely it is an asset?

PDT and Chinny are going to court over the valuation. Surely is is up to the administrator to accept whatever he can for it?

This is the nub.

Chinny has a charge over it for £xmil which from my understanding means he gets either his money OR FP

So why doesn't he just take FP?

So FP is either an asset for the administrator to sell at whatever price or it belongs to Chinny? Can't surely be both?

I am obviously missing something because this must have been considered.

Just wanted to stop by on my way to see JLo and say

Owwwwww my farking feet hurt but Wow, well done Luke

What a shame a Dubai based company could not see the value and history in the skates to buy them.

(You nutjobs owe me 20 beers each for talking them out of it and sending them Ooop north - see, my golf contacts are useful occasionally as in "you're thinking of WHAT? no way no history why not look at X Y or Z clubs instead")

Phew close call

I need some help from some of our more intellectuals on this. Please bear with me.

PDT are looking to buy FP, I assume from the administrator, as surely it is an asset?

PDT and Chinny are going to court over the valuation. Surely is is up to the administrator to accept whatever he can for it?

This is the nub.

Chinny has a charge over it for £xmil which from my understanding means he gets either his money OR FP

So FP is either an asset for the administrator to sell at whatever price or it belongs to Chinny? Can't surely be both?

Chinny doesn't have ownership rights to Fatpipes, but he has a lien over "all assets" for about 17 million. The court appear only to be deciding the amount any buyer (PDT) needs to pay the administrator for the keys.

If the club is sold the proceeds, less admin costs, go to Chinny, presumably in full settlement of his charge, hence he wants as high a valuation of Fatpipes as possible.

What stunt, do we think, can Chinny pull before or during the hearing to improve his position or even to grab the keys to empire out of the bumbling clutches of the seriously underfunded PDT?

This is the nub.

This is my loose understanding of it (So could well be wrong and I am happy to be corrected)

The administrator owns Fat Pipes, but Chinny has a charge on it. Whatever that charge is settled for 2.7 , 10 or 17 milllion, is ultimatey the cost of the ground and Birch will sign it over, either for nothing or one of those nominal fees of a pound.

As to why he doesn't just take fat pipes, he can't whilst they are in administration. So in a way it is both.... It is an assett for the administrator, but all funds from it will go to Chinny.

As to what Chinny can do or what the judge will take into consideration, is still guesswork. For me it is hard to believe that a judge can just write off 15 million pounds of one persons debt, to sell something that allows another private company to make money from it, when the person with the charge wants to keep it. The PDT will tell you that's not how it works and genuinely seem to believe that thye judeg might lower the 2.7 million that the PDT are offering.

What we need is Clapham Saint to let us know how these things work....Come on Clapham

This is my loose understanding of it (So could well be wrong and I am happy to be corrected)

The administrator owns Fat Pipes, but Chinny has a charge on it. Whatever that charge is settled for 2.7 , 10 or 17 milllion, is ultimatey the cost of the ground and Birch will sign it over, either for nothing or one of those nominal fees of a pound.

As to why he doesn't just take fat pipes, he can't whilst they are in administration. So in a way it is both.... It is an assett for the administrator, but all funds from it will go to Chinny.

As to what Chinny can do or what the judge will take into consideration, is still guesswork. For me it is hard to believe that a judge can just write off 15 million pounds of one persons debt, to sell something that allows another private company to make money from it, when the person with the charge wants to keep it. The PDT will tell you that's not how it works and genuinely seem to believe that thye judeg might lower the 2.7 million that the PDT are offering.

What we need is Clapham Saint to let us know how these things work....Come on Clapham

What if.....Chainrai goes to court and says...."M'lud, I know of 'someone' who approached Birch with a much higher offer than the Trust a few months ago but Birch turned them away. Surely Birch is duty bound to consider a higher bid to protect me as a major creditor, your honour? That after all is why the court appointed him in the first place"

What if.....Chainrai goes to court and says...."M'lud, I know of 'someone' who approached Birch with a much higher offer than the Trust a few months ago but Birch turned them away. Surely Birch is duty bound to consider a higher bid to protect me as a major creditor, your honour? That after all is why the court appointed him in the first place"

You would have thought so, but apparently it doesn't work like that.

If you take the primary driver of an administrator - To get the best deal for creditors, then if the trust get it for 2.7 million, that is an additional 15 million pound hit to the creditors. If Chanrai offers 10, 15 , 17 whatever (And remember that just comes off his charge) then Birch has reduced that 15 million either greatly or in its entirerity.

I am as confused as you are Trousers............... But still looking forward to the court case.

FFS Clapham....Tell us how it works, what the judge is likely to take into consideration, what cards Chinny has left to play etc.

You would have thought so, but apparently it doesn't work like that.

If you take the primary driver of an administrator - To get the best deal for creditors, then if the trust get it for 2.7 million, that is an additional 15 million pound hit to the creditors. If Chanrai offers 10, 15 , 17 whatever (And remember that just comes off his charge) then Birch has reduced that 15 million either greatly or in its entirerity.

What IF that higher offer hadn't come from Chainrai but from 'someone else'?