Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

you might be surprised to know that those plucky few huddled together in some souless, fat-free, safety-aware, fire-resistant, flat-pack stadium, are all unique customers.

None of them have ever supported pompey before, thus making the club a sleepy giant like no other.

I've got a bit of paper that says it's so.

The PDT will be quids-in when they pick up those keys, it's a little goldmine - the only undeveloped club ever, anywhere, probably.

And my son Rotterdam Trixibelle Bootlid agrees.

Out of interest, what was our longest losng streak in L1? (to compare to their, what 7?).

Also how about longest run without a win?

We went 7 without a win in the league at the start of 2009-10 (2 defeats & 5 draws), but did have a Carling Cup win and loss in there as well.

Longest losing streak was 3 in September 2010 straight after Pardew left.

Out of interest, what was our longest losng streak in L1? (to compare to their, what 7?).

Also how about longest run without a win?

Off the top of my head I think 3 games I think was longest losing streak, when wilkins was in temporary charge. Longest without win was probably 7 at start of our first season (W0 D5 L2).

Rumour going round that there will be a last minute bid for Pompey from a couple of well respected and well resourced local personalities, Fred Nash and Dawn Randall.

The couple are soon to be in funds after disposing of their entertainments business and should provide the sort of business profile which will fit in very nicely with PFC's ongoing aims and objectives!!

Rumour going round that there will be a last minute bid for Pompey from a couple of well respected and well resourced local personalities, Fred Nash and Dawn Randall.

The couple are soon to be in funds after disposing of their entertainments business and should provide the sort of business profile which will fit in very nicely with PFC's ongoing aims and objectives!!

Perfect owner for them

In January 2010, fears were raised over the future of the pier after it emerged the owners were losing thousands of pounds every year. The pier was one of Six Piers Ltd portfolio of piers. The company said they were 'continuing to look at ways to improve the offering.' Then in May 2010, the pier was sold to a holding company called Frenash Ltd, set up by a consortium led by Mr Fred Nash. Frenash was later forced into liquidation following a disputed power bill and the running of the pier was transferred to SPP South Coast Ltd, also headed by Mr Nash and Ms Dawn Randall.

http://www.piers.org.uk/pierpages/NPSsouthseasouthparade.html

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/a-blues-blessing-who-should-never-have-left-in-first-place-1-4520376

"Similarly, that moment when an errant kick saw the ball strike a Southampton supporter last season is entrenched in folklore."

You don't have to be repugnant to be a local Portsmouth journo, but it helps...

Can't believe he can get away with writing that.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/a-blues-blessing-who-should-never-have-left-in-first-place-1-4520376

"Similarly, that moment when an errant kick saw the ball strike a Southampton supporter last season is entrenched in folklore."

http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/makingacomplaint.html

;)

Can't believe he can get away with writing that.

I f()cking hate him so much. Genuinely f()cking hate him. I asked him two questions on Twitter last year, valid ones and he banned me immediately. I didn't even have the chance to call him a c()nt.

I'd love to see that pr1ck filled in, he really is a c()nt.

I f()cking hate him so much. Genuinely f()cking hate him. I asked him two questions on Twitter last year, valid ones and he banned me immediately. I didn't even have the chance to call him a c()nt.

I'd love to see that pr1ck filled in, he really is a c()nt.

Come on Crab Lungs, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think about him. :D

Great photo of the bestest's support today. There must have been a huge roar heard miles away as they snatched a draw against the mighty Coventry. And to think we nutjobs have the nerve to call them the few.

Edited by Dark Munster

If this is Pompey folklore, I'm glad it isn't my club. Forget Bobby Stokes, Keegan, Le Tiss at the Dell, the JPT final etc - the immensely likeable Ricardo Rocha hit a Saints supporter with the ball!!!

Neil Allen, you are a despicable excuse of a small time journalist. Journalism is supposed to be about asking the difficult questions, unravelling hidden agendas, communicating complex matters for the readers as objectively, reasoned and factual as possible. Your only contribution is one long line of subjective, ill-researched, propagande pieces for whatever cause you feel is worthy at the moment. It's not journalism. Do some blogging instead if you can only be arsed to ramble on about your own opinion and disregard any kind of perspective or rational argumentation.

I live in another country, and I still find you bottom of the barrel when it comes to local journalists...

Come on Crab Lungs, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think about him. :D

Great photo of the bestest's support today. There must have been a huge roar heard miles away as they snatched a draw against the mighty Coventry. And to think we nutjobs have the nerve to call them the few.

I expect all the coventry fans were all in awe at such a huge occasion.

Pathetic. Just a talentless journo desperately trying to make himself popular with the local meatheads. He hasn't even got the ability to write in paragraphs FFS.

Perfect owner for them

In January 2010, fears were raised over the future of the pier after it emerged the owners were losing thousands of pounds every year. The pier was one of Six Piers Ltd portfolio of piers. The company said they were 'continuing to look at ways to improve the offering.' Then in May 2010, the pier was sold to a holding company called Frenash Ltd, set up by a consortium led by Mr Fred Nash. Frenash was later forced into liquidation following a disputed power bill and the running of the pier was transferred to SPP South Coast Ltd, also headed by Mr Nash and Ms Dawn Randall.

http://www.piers.org.uk/pierpages/NPSsouthseasouthparade.html

All part of the fan buyout...the dreams of owning your football club along with your piers.....all slowly sinking into that stinking cess pit just up the creek.

@stevebone1: @pn_neil_allen How was Rocha kicking a ball out of the play violence? Excellent piece on RR, by the way, Neil.

@pn_neil_allen: @stevebone1 Thank you Boney. Such a shame my Pompey articles don’t also cater for fans of other clubs. Darn it.

@dankerins: @pn_neil_allen @stevebone1 You should see the stick I got from some people for my column last week!

@pn_neil_allen: @dankerins @stevebone1 I saw it!! Teach you to write about something as factual as a court case!

@dankerins: @pn_neil_allen @stevebone1 Indeed! Fave insult was "obvs a junior reporter told to write crap or just a Skate on a wind-up." Bit harsh.

@stevebone1: @pn_neil_allen How was Rocha kicking a ball out of the play violence? Excellent piece on RR, by the way, Neil.

@pn_neil_allen: @stevebone1 Thank you Boney. Such a shame my Pompey articles don’t also cater for fans of other clubs. Darn it.

@dankerins: @pn_neil_allen @stevebone1 You should see the stick I got from some people for my column last week!

@pn_neil_allen: @dankerins @stevebone1 I saw it!! Teach you to write about something as factual as a court case!

@dankerins: @pn_neil_allen @stevebone1 Indeed! Fave insult was "obvs a junior reporter told to write crap or just a Skate on a wind-up." Bit harsh.

Maybe it was merely a case of confirmaton bias, but it seemed to me that a lot of nutjobs chose the "at least our local media do critical journalism" angle in the recent thread about The Echo. I imagine it was partly due to our experiences with Neil Allen ;)

Maybe it was merely a case of confirmaton bias, but it seemed to me that a lot of nutjobs chose the "at least our local media do critical journalism" angle in the recent thread about The Echo. I imagine it was partly due to our experiences with Neil Allen ;)

I also find it mildly amusing that Allen scoffs at Saints fans for reading Pompey news articles yet seems to be merrily reading Saints news articles himself (as per his reply to Dan Kerrins). I'm sure he'll say that he's reading the Echo in a 'professional' capacity to keep an eye on the competition....

Edited by trousers

I also find it mildly amusing that Allen scoffs at Saints fans for reading Pompey news articles yet seems to be merrily reading Saints news articles himself (as per his reply to Dan Kerrins). I'm sure he'll say that he's reading the Echo in a 'professional' capacity to keep an eye on the competition....

Here's another one he can keep his eye on...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/14897-Portsmouth-what-on-earth/page104

111 page thread about the cheating skates...and they didn't like that late equaliser by a player "they can't afford"...

Difficult job trying to talk up a basket case falling out the bottom of the leagues, if it gets that far. Be interesting to see how he spins the potential liquidation in due course. Any odds on the Portpin court case. Haven't lost one to date?

Here's another one he can keep his eye on...

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/14897-Portsmouth-what-on-earth/page104

111 page thread about the cheating skates...and they didn't like that late equaliser by a player "they can't afford"...

Some quotes from the last few days :

"die god damn you die!"

"They quite simply cant keep getting away with it, surely ? "

"how can they afford Mcleod ?"

" They are going to need some good players to keep them out of Div4 and a lot of luck to keep them afloat."

Obviously been infiltrated by scummahs !