Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Lol people aren't happy over on POL. There is a real air of despondancy and lack of belief in the players - wouldn't be at all surprised to see their losing streak continuing for a while yet :D.

Has POL shut down new registrations completely?

Even if I set up a brand new e-mail account I get a message telling me that my e-mail address has been banned by the administrator.

Shame.

Whilst perusing the Portsmouth news website, I can across this little gem...

andi4asg

1:16 PM on 21/11/2012

At least we are turning up, stains would be lucky to get 5k in this league, nad only a small minority were booing, I didn't hear any!!

The fact that our average crowd in our first season in League 1 - 20,982 - was bigger than the capacity of FP - 20,688 (as given by Portsmouth City Council) - seems not to bother him/her at all.

Source: http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend2010.html and http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/images/Fratton_Park.pdf

Has POL shut down new registrations completely?

Even if I set up a brand new e-mail account I get a message telling me that my e-mail address has been banned by the administrator.

Shame.

I tried to sign up a few months ago and received a reply saying my membership was pending and a final decision would be made by the site administrators. Heard nothing since.

Rather than checking (and banning) specific email addresses, it might be that the board simply prohibits certain mail hosts (ie anyone@hotmail.com).

Try registering an account with a different email provider - ie Google or GMail - and giving that a go.. ;)

andi4asg

At least we are turning up, stains would be lucky to get 5k in this league, nad only a small minority were booing, I didn't hear any!!

And this is why I hope the PDT crash and burn in spectacular style, leaving this brain dead gibbon with just sister bothering on Saturday afternoons

Probably IP-blocked.

That's what I thought but I don't remember ever registering before. I suppose I could have done AGES ago, but wouldn't have ever posted. Maybe I used a user name which identified me as a farrrking skummaaaaa.

The block is both at home and at work which is especially thourough of them.

That's what I thought but I don't remember ever registering before. I suppose I could have done AGES ago, but wouldn't have ever posted. Maybe I used a user name which identified me as a farrrking skummaaaaa.

The block is both at home and at work which is especially thourough of them.

I suspect they are blocking new registrations from webmail type addresses.

andi4asg

That just shows how deluded they are.

We played orient on a monday in our first season in league one with the minus 10 and had 22k there...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8598508.stm

Huge huge club Pompey are. If only our fans turn up like they do then we would be the bestest....

Yes. Noticed that. I see the guardian summary (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/nov/20/portsmouth-v-leytonorient) has Dickinson playing as well but I suspect they may be using the same source of information as the BBC so not sure if that counts for much.

well...

according to the live text commentary on sky sports Dickinson took a throw in on 41 minutes. But I suspect when they do these commentaries their must be some sort of short cut for entering players names so if the initial team sheet it uses is wrong then this would carry over to the wrong names used on the commentary.

Simple explanation ... with Dickinson leaving they can't afford to waste a shirt, so Dumbuya had to wear the Dickinson shirt just to get wear out of it. Suspect he may have to get used to it for the rest of the season!

Dumbuya - is that a new name for the PST? ........ :rolleyes:

A nice early Christmas present for all PTS nutjobs.

The question is; what present do we want?

I'm definitely at the stage where I'd like to see the current car crash continue for as long as possible this season, with PKF running the bank account (and future parachute payments) dry. Finish the season still in administration and in the relegation zone (eminently possible at this rate), exit administration in the summer, and start season 2013/14 with the PDT in charge and minus ten points in League 2.

That'll do for me. Liquidation is too good for 'em.

The question is; what present do we want?

I'm definitely at the stage where I'd like to see the current car crash continue for as long as possible this season, with PKF running the bank account (and future parachute payments) dry. Finish the season still in administration and in the relegation zone (eminently possible at this rate), exit administration in the summer, and start season 2013/14 with the PDT in charge and minus ten points in League 2.

That'll do for me. Liquidation is too good for 'em.

Liquidation is what any other company that has failed three times and racked up £150+ million of debt (including huge figures to the taxman) would have had ages ago, so it is fully deserved. It would also wipe out the club's history and any "phoenix club" can have no legitimate claim to the league and cup wins, as it would be a completely different entity.

So, do we have any volunteers to remind the judge that PKF concurred with the c.£13m valuation of Fratton Park in their initial creditors report?

That said, one suspects their defence against that will be something along the lines of "we were only quoting what was on the books at the time and that turned out to be wrong m'lud" but if one reads said report the tone throughout is one of caveating any assumptions they have made...except that they somewhat tellingly don't caveat nor contest the £13m valuation of Fratton Park....(because, of course, at that moment in time it just happened to be more in their interests to big up the price of Fratton Park to endeavour to secure as much funds for the creditors as possible....)

Anyhow, no doubt the judge will get caught up in the emotional maelstrom of it all and come down on the side of the Trust thus setting an example to the rest of the world as they worship at the feet of the bestest fan owned....sorry..... property developer owned club in the whole wide world.

Edited by trousers

Having been there, I know Fratton Park is a dump - however, it has to be worth more than £2.75m? How much did we get for the Dell, when we didn't even need it? £5m, over 10 years ago? I know the land must have had the planning permission to build all those flats, but still, their ground has to be worth more than that.

Having been there, I know Fratton Park is a dump - however, it has to be worth more than £2.75m? How much did we get for the Dell, when we didn't even need it? £5m, over 10 years ago? I know the land must have had the planning permission to build all those flats, but still, their ground has to be worth more than that.

As land ripe for housing development, FP would be worth a lot more. But it has a restrictive covenant on it. Did the Dell have such a covenant? If not, that would explain why it achieved the price it did.

Just over a month ago....

Akos Buzsaky has been backed to rip up League One after completing his move to Pompey.Michael Appleton yesterday pulled off a coup by landing the mercurial Hungarian on a month-long deal ahead of the trip to Yeovil tonight.

The move is a huge fillip for Pompey going into the game at Huish Park, with Buzsaky playing Premier League football for QPR last season.

The 30-year-old is expected to feature tonight as he goes straight into Pompey’s squad for the game.

But Appleton felt it was too early to expect a start from the attacking midfielder at Yeovil, with Buzsaky still searching for match fitness after linking up with Pompey only last week.

‘Akos just wants to come here and play games,’ said Appleton.

‘He’s desperate to play football.

‘He’s not fit yet, but even in training so far you can see what quality he has.’

Appleton is still working under Football League constraints, as he operates with a 20-man squad limit.

But he is delighted to have given Buzsaky the final playing berth he had available.

And Buzsaky’s fellow countryman, Gabor Gyepes, has little doubt of the impact the former Rs midfielder will make in England’s third tier.

Gyepes said: ‘It’s nice for Akos to sign for Portsmouth.

‘It’s a big boost for the team. He is a different-class player.

‘Akos is not a League One player – he is a Premier League-quality player.

‘He has trained with us for a few days and he has already shown everybody that he is a different-class player.

‘It’s really good to sign him because we don’t have too many players like him, who can create chances and score goals.

‘A player like Akos can play at a higher level but he will be excellent in League One.

‘He needs to play football and wants to play football.

‘He knows the people here, people at the training ground and the people who work for the club.

‘So he knows it’s a really good place to play football.’

Details on Fratton Park rental prices.

Update FP Rental & Share holding

FP - Rental

The final full terms and conditions of the agreed lease will go onto Web Site in due course.

Details of rent are as follows:-

Year One free

Year 2 & 3 £75,000 p.a

Year 4 £150,000 p.a

Year 5 265,000 p.a

Market rates apply.

So obviously buying back FP as early as possible is advantageous

Shares -

Can be bequeathed/left in will

Transferred to others by Approval of PST

Bought for Minors U16 . Held in name of Adult till of age.

PST will hold details of such purchase.

As land ripe for housing development, FP would be worth a lot more. But it has a restrictive covenant on it. Did the Dell have such a covenant? If not, that would explain why it achieved the price it did.

There are ways around the restrictive covenant, though. Chainrai could potentially argue that he or other owners may want to look for a new site in and around Portsmouth to build a new ground; and that part of the funding for that would come from a redevelopment of the Fratton Park land into housing (as the previous owners had done with the Harbourdome "project"). Ergo, with PFC finding a new home, the restrictive covenant would become null and void and the value of the land would increase significantly. The PDT may have their own valuations of the land; but if the judge is allowed to look beyond the scope of the land only being used for leisure purposes, then they could be in real trouble.

It's become increasingly obvious that they either have friends in high places or have been VERY lucky in their previous courtroom dealings, so I really won't be surprised if the judge finds in favour of the property developers, rather than for the loan shark property developer.

BUT, Chinny is no mug, and he hasn't become rich from being nice to people.

He may already have planted a high offer by Al Fahim, he can produce his own independent valuations, he has Trevor's £13M figure, and he can talk about the freedom of development without a club there.

He also has AA up his sleeve.

For a judge to tell the Trust they can have it for £2.75M seems pretty unlikely.

I can't see why a court would present a developer with a clear profit against a commercial rival.

But if he does, can anyone confirm whether Chinny can step in at that point and offer (himself) £3M?

If he can, the very few are more *****ed than anyone of us ever imagined.

And if Chanrai is facing a massive loss surely he goes nuclear and offers Birch more than the Trust.

Birch putting his name forward to the league shouldn't be a consideration, this is about selling a business, not being a member of a private club.

If they refuse his ownership he could drag it through courts for ages.

Especially as he doesn't want to be in their league, he would just want to buy and liquidate - getting more from that than he would from Trust ownership.

He would also get to screw the now marooned property developer who has bought next door for no reason at all.

Plenty more laughs whatever the outcome in court.

I've got a log in for lurking only, hardly ever use it. As long as you just want to have a look what's on there and don't get me banned, you can use it. PM me for details.

Can I borrow your log in details please, I'd like to have a look at their forum and maybe post a picture of a Japanese girl whispering to a dog :)

Property Development Trust Statement re. Court Case: http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=475%3Apst-welcomes-news-of-early-court-hearing-date&catid=34%3Ademo-category

I particularly like, "We are very encouraged by the initial response to the share offer. There is a steady stream of pledges and new purchases of shares arriving hourly; so many that we haven’t been able to count them yet".

So that will be about 5 then. As a general observation they look and sound increasingly desperate and amateurish.

I've just been asking myself what I'd do in a Pompey fan's position. It's not that long ago that Saints nearly went out of existence. So what did I do then? How important was it to me that Saints continued to exist? Well I'd have said it was pretty important. Although I was not a season ticket holder I went to most home games and supported the team. I watched them on the Football League show and read this forum. But that was it. It would have been sad if Saints had folded but life would have gone on.

Did I get involved with SOS? No. Did I put money in a bucket? No. I could see that that was going to be a drop in the ocean compared to the amount needed to save the club.

If somebody had asked me to give £1000 to buy a share in the club I would not have been able to afford it. But, even if I could, had I then been told that that money was non-returnable and that the real owners of the club would be a group of businessmen and a property developer, I would not even have considered it. I don't think I'm alone among Saints supporters.

You'll always get a few thousand (or maybe few hundred) supporters to whom their club is the most important thing in their lives and who will make huge sacrifices elsewhere in their lives to support their team. But does that describe most fans who turn up at St Mary's let alone those who follow Saints from an armchair? I don't think so. And Pompey can't be that different. And, of course, they have many fewer fans who actually turn up to games. So I wonder just where the Trust is going to get all these £1000 pledges from, in a recession, just before Christmas.

Property Development Trust Statement re. Court Case: http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=475%3Apst-welcomes-news-of-early-court-hearing-date&catid=34%3Ademo-category

I particularly like, "We are very encouraged by the initial response to the share offer. There is a steady stream of pledges and new purchases of shares arriving hourly; so many that we haven’t been able to count them yet".

So that will be about 5 then. As a general observation they look and sound increasingly desperate and amateurish.

I'd have said it must be over 12, because over that number he'd have had to take his socks and shoes off and it's a bit chilly out.

I've just been asking myself what I'd do in a Pompey fan's position. It's not that long ago that Saints nearly went out of existence. So what did I do then? How important was it to me that Saints continued to exist? Well I'd have said it was pretty important. Although I was not a season ticket holder I went to most home games and supported the team. I watched them on the Football League show and read this forum. But that was it. It would have been sad if Saints had folded but life would have gone on.

Did I get involved with SOS? No. Did I put money in a bucket? No. I could see that that was going to be a drop in the ocean compared to the amount needed to save the club.

If somebody had asked me to give £1000 to buy a share in the club I would not have been able to afford it. But, even if I could, had I then been told that that money was non-returnable and that the real owners of the club would be a group of businessmen and a property developer, I would not even have considered it. I don't think I'm alone among Saints supporters.

You'll always get a few thousand (or maybe few hundred) supporters to whom their club is the most important thing in their lives and who will make huge sacrifices elsewhere in their lives to support their team. But does that describe most fans who turn up at St Mary's let alone those who follow Saints from an armchair? I don't think so. And Pompey can't be that different. And, of course, they have many fewer fans who actually turn up to games. So I wonder just where the Trust is going to get all these £1000 pledges from, in a recession, just before Christmas.

Good post. It's one of the things that makes me chortle most when Pompey fans accuse Saints fans of "doing nothing" when we were on the brink.

The reason most fans "did nothing" is because we were clever enough to work out that some hotchpotch fan based buyout wouldn't purge the club of its historical ownership problems - what we really needed to do was (a) be taken over by a rich philanthropist or (b) be liquidated and start up a new Phoenix club.

As noble as the PDT motives are, it is doomed to failure (IMO) which is why fans "doing nothing" isn't necessarily the worst option.

Ironically, perhaps,for the PDT, is that their shining a light on all the wrong doings at PFC over the last few years (courtesy of Mr Hall) could ultimately be what takes them down the liquidation path, given how much it has helped steer genuine investors clear of the club and given the Football League enough evidence to appropriate a Luton-esque punishment on the club. (In theory)

A point well made....I did put money in various buckets but more in the hope that it would buy us time until someone came in with a realistic bid.

The big difference with us though was that we had tangible assets and a fraction of the baggage that goes with them down the road...that's not blind loyalty, it's what made us attractive to ML...he saw it as a no-lose scenario. Compare that with what you see down there!

A point well made....I did put money in various buckets but more in the hope that it would buy us time until someone came in with a realistic bid.

The big difference with us though was that we had tangible assets and a fraction of the baggage that goes with them down the road...that's not blind loyalty, it's what made us attractive to ML...he saw it as a no-lose scenario. Compare that with what you see down there!

Indeed. Something else they "don't get" when they start comparing apples with oranges down Pompey way