Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The only 2 comment on this Pompey Pravda 'article' read as follows: perhaps their moribund condition has started to sink in finally...

Rate:

evola

10:44 PM on 17/11/2012

A true tear jerking story but unfortunately very little reality in there Im afraid. The Trust vision is unsustainable and I think they know it. Its more a case of a few well meaning but frankly not very sharp guys stringing us along in the vain hope that a serious buyer will come along.

And if that were to happen it would have happened by now.

Another one I keep saying is I went along today. Where was the atmosphere where were the fans ? 11k today. How can we keep saying we have great fans when so many dont bother to turn up.

You voted

Rate:

Shooterhappy

8:25 PM on 17/11/2012

Doomed ....sorry

even flogging tacky t-shirts now to try to get some much needed funds. As usual - you just couldn't make this up! Lol

neil allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

fancy one of t-shirts being sported by #pompey models? Proceeds go to fighting chainrai in court. http://www.pompeys12thman.co.uk/12th-man-online-store.php … pic.twitter.com/4qzygwgb

play up chainrai! Chainrai play up!

Perhaps Neil allen was off sick the day at school when the English teacher taught the class about paragraphs.

Mind you. you would have thought that a man who earns his iving from the pen would be able to write better English than this.

Don't forget he has to dumb down a little bit otherwise his readers wouldn't be able to understand what he is writing.

At 2.57pm on Thursday amid a packed Montgomery Lounge at Fratton Park.

Pack it on a Thursday but not on a Saturday when there is a game on? Bestest eh?

Crucially, they also convinced the Football League of their legitimacy to pass the ownership test.

As Portpin found to their cost, the regulations are rather more stringent these days.

Why does he keep printing this in their rag? At best it's misrepresentation at worst it's blatant lies! Portpin haven't been put forward for the FPPT this season! The last thing that was reported was that the FL had told tricky trev to name who his preferred bidder was, then, and ONLY THEN would they bother with the expense and effort of the FPPT! At that point tricky named Chinny / Portpin, then within an hour or so had changed his mind and named the property trust. Hardly enough time to fail the test within an hour after the FL meeting had finished anyway! If knobhead neil is going to continue to print this drivel, perhaps someone should ask for proof of his claims - you know the same basic journalistic principals that the BBC were accused of not following this week!

They had offered Portpin £2.75m – a figure met with disbelief by Balram Chainrai, followed by his rent demands of £1.2m a year.

The theory is that Portpin will use Laurence Bassini’s bid and, possibly, Sulaiman Al Fahim’s to back their claims Fratton Park is worth £11m.

I suspect he will. I suspect he'll also produce the records that were ratified by the lady judge the first time the bullet was dodged that back up these claims in a legal document ;)

I AM SECURE, I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK :)

Should the Trust receive the outcome they desire, they can then approach the Football League for the ‘golden share’....

At that point, Pompey will also be told whether they will still receive a 10-point deduction.

Err no. They've already been told IN WRITING by the football league what the terms are in order to grant the Golden Share. A ten point deduction is one of those terms! Denying it's going to happen over and over won't affect the outcome ;) Of course, they have the right to appeal, just like we did, but personally I'd fancy my chances more if I were locked in a jail cell with a lion that hadn't eaten for two weeks!

Perhaps Neil allen was off sick the day at schooll when the English teacher taught the class about paragraphs.

Mind you. you would have thought that a man who earns his iving from the pen would be able to write better English than this.

Of course it is all subjective as to what is taken for English on that septic isle.

At least they've now put some indoor seating at the away end, will have to get there early for the table seats though

The ref will be over awed by the occasion, with the 15:36 south west trains service to fratton roaring past Moneyfields as afc skates battle on against Paulsgrove Rovers.

I still believe this is the most likely scenario going forward. The Property Developers Trust are getting their blackmail in early, stating they will withdraw their bid if the court dosent let them has the cesspit for 5x less than what the owner wants for it... even though his claims have been ratified by UK courts.

My position is secured, I will get my money back

Maybe old Balu has got the property boys on his side and the trust are being conned, how funny it would be if this is all part of Chinnys long term vision of clearing the land and building property & ferris wheels.

If the PDT do take on the liability I simply cannot wait for the fan on the board PR machine. I recall our very own we got our club back with old Wilde gushing in the press everyday, the posturing by the everyday skates if going to be incredible. The PDT martyrs will be posing around the ramshackle dump whilst neil allen will be composing his insane ramblings about the biggest community owned liability on earth.

Re: the shop.

How about making smaller 'splinter' shares available for people to buy as gifts in the future?

Along the lines of "adopt an animal" schemes zoos all seem to run - a nice certificate and an opportunity for those who can't afford to buy a loved one a full share (I'm thinking xmas/birthday presents for dads/mums/grandparents really).

Absolutely chuffing brilliant reading on POL, looks like those pledges are being diluted into scratch cards... was it £2m they require for a minority stake in the Property developers spin off project?

What a saga! Long live the Property Developers.

God Bless Balram Chainrai

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/scottish-football-celtic-next-episode-snoop-dogg-101204392.html

''He told the Daily Record: “I got a lot of interest in soccer. It’s not a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in sports teams but it is a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in soccer teams.

“I see how passionate Celtic fans are about their team and I could see myself making an investment if any of the board wanted to sell.''

Wot, no Pompey?

But wait...there's more....

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-tycoon-slim-invests-real-oviedo-174603912.html

''The team "has a lot of qualities, has an impressive history, a strong following," Elias Ayub added. "More than a business investment, it was a personal investment (for Slim), a support to the team's fans."''

Wot, no Pompey?

They've already been told IN WRITING by the football league what the terms are in order to grant the Golden Share. A ten point deduction is one of those terms! Denying it's going to happen over and over won't affect the outcome ;) Of course, they have the right to appeal, just like we did

A right that was ultimately withdrawn by Malwhinny of course. Ah, the halcyon days of the Football League when they had some balls....

Chinny can also point to the PKF proposals of April 2012:

The Club plays its home fixtures at Fratton Park, a c21,000 all-seater football stadium owned by the Company. It has a net book value in the Company’s accounts of c£13.2m.

Good spot that man.....funny how a property can be given a high value when the administrator is trying to secure the highest possible return for the creditors....

Probably worth someone forwarding the original doc to the court in due course (just in case it slips the Trust's mind to make the court aware of PKF's effective endorsement of Portpin's valuation....)

Link here: http://www.pkf.co.uk/web/pkf.nsf/82D34E3438E9E594802579DC0052E1E9/$file/pkfjaproposals.pdf

This line might also be of interest: "Whilst we have obtained a valuation in respect of the Company’s freehold property, we are not in a position to disclose it on grounds of commercial sensitivity."

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/mendez-laing-hoping-fresh-start-can-inspire-pompey-1-4498489

"There were a few other clubs who wanted me on loan as well, but this is the one that stood out to me the most. It’s still a big club"

"A few other clubs didn’t really appeal to me. I know this club likes to play football as well, which is one of the main things which attracted me."

'Other clubs wanted me but Pompey stood out to me as the club to come to'.....hmmm.....sounds familiar....

Edited by trousers

I hadn't realised that Mendez-Laing had joined them on loan. Saw him a couple of times for Posh when he was on loan to them in L1 and he was a bit bobbins. Couldn't understand why they actually then signed him permanently, especially for money :?

Looks like he'll fit right in with Pompey too - he's been kicked out by Fergie Jnr for getting ****ed in town the evening after losing to Palace and getting a slap on the wrist from the Police for a public order offence...

Pompey loan player in not wanting to stay at the club shocker....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/defender-leaves-blues-1-4498490

Surely some mistake....how come he hasn't been mesmerised by playing in front of the bestest fans in the land....?

Nice contribution for his parent club, as well. Four bookings in five appearances while on loan, so he'll be copping a suspension soon and not be available should they want him.

Typical p****y attitude. Borrow something, break it, then send it back as faulty goods.

More desperation to raise funds.

Guys,

I've somehow omitted to post details of our Power to the People fundraising effort on here before. Basically, everything we raise goes into a fund which the directors in waiting of PFC can request the proceeds from at any time. The aim is to support the club in whatever way we can during the court action.

If you've seen the Power to the People t shirts and want to buy one, this is the only place to do it;-)

Here is an update on what we are up to:

Hopefully by the end of today there will be three more ways to support Pompey financially during this situation.

1. Kids size power to the people shirts available to order

2. 'Share' certificates from £10, £25, £50 and £100, these are effectively gift certificates and buy part of a nominee share, ie think of it as a donation to allow Pompey's 12th man to buy shares.

3. Auction of memorabilia on eBay linked from the site. We've got a signed framed team photo from the mid 80's, Alan Green's signed commentary notes frames from Pompey v Leeds FA Cup tie, some signed balls and hundreds of programmes!

http://Www.pompeys12thman.co.uk - get 'em while they're hot;-) and thanks so much for your support so far. We expect to end the day above our first £1,000 in proceeds! (Site live for less than 36 hours!)

Nice contribution for his parent club, as well. Four bookings in five appearances while on loan, so he'll be copping a suspension soon and not be available should they want him.

Typical p****y attitude. Borrow something, break it, then send it back as faulty goods.

Maybe so, but at least they are polite, and grateful, to him when he does go back:

Thanks for the sentiment Carl, but you are rubbish.

Thank goodness he's gone a real liability.

we need footballers not Children in Need fundraisers.

a true moron.

Now we need Mcleod and Howard and another four or five to do the same....proffesional footballers, never in a million years.

Good. He can't cut it in the league, he needs to join a pub team or perhaps try darts.....

He was crap at everything

The above from the News branch of the PDT Recruitment PR department. And there is no selective use of quotes there, there genuinely is not one comment of praise or thanks.

short on facts and figures?? :o

Look again, you must be mistaken.

I've heard that the figures do stack up and that the biggest fan takeover in history is both solvent and practical.

They wouldn't be celebrating and having parties if it wasn't you Nutjob.

Tears of joy were shed, critics were silenced, naysayers were mocked for their stupidity - some small bar was packed and heroic people were carried shoulder-high as the final part of the deal was completed.

So how can there be no figures?

You must be looking in the wrong place.

Keys have nearly been handed over, the loan shark has been chased away, it's now just a simple rubber-stamping job at some court and the bestest fans will be leading world football into a new era.

You must be jealous, yeah, that'll be it.

I am genuinely intrigued about this court case. I don't know anything about these things, but the few, talk about it as a foregone conclusion. I want the trust to take over for comedy reasons, but just don't get how you wipe 15 million quid of a 17 million debt away, so that you can try and make more money from it.

They will absolutely play the trust or bust card and the judge will have to have to deal with that, but I wonder what Chinny has is store.

Does anybody know how many prospectii there will be? We know there was allegedly one issued on Friday, but will there be another one today?

I think the one we got on Friday is a spoof, knocked up down the pub on his new i-pad by a nutjob. I say that because the News has been absolutely silent on the one issued on Friday. Not one single word. And our dear friend Neil even published an article on Saturday, 24 hours after the first "prospectus" was released, telling us that the prospectus would be released today.

It would certainly explain why the "Friday" version is so full of rubbish.

I am genuinely intrigued about this court case. I don't know anything about these things, but the few, talk about it as a foregone conclusion. I want the trust to take over for comedy reasons, but just don't get how you wipe 15 million quid of a 17 million debt away, so that you can try and make more money from it.

They will absolutely play the trust or bust card and the judge will have to have to deal with that, but I wonder what Chinny has is store.

Chinny will no doubt have 77,685 statements printed on 1554 pages to start his presentation of evidence.

He will then have every link, every figure, we have quoted and then of course every word of Neil Allen printed and verified.

He will of course also have a copy of every public statement made by the trust along with several thousand pages of googled information regarding the HNW members

Somewhere close to 10,000 items of evidence for the Judge to sift through, no doubt taking up some 8 to 10 weeks at least because the one thing you can guarantee about a man who makes money for a living, he will NOT be stupid and his presentation will be somewhat more than the PST but it's for the fans innit.

Does anybody know how many prospectii there will be? We know there was allegedly one issued on Friday, but will there be another one today?

I think the one we got on Friday is a spoof, knocked up down the pub on his new i-pad by a nutjob. I say that because the News has been absolutely silent on the one issued on Friday. Not one single word. And our dear friend Neil even published an article on Saturday, 24 hours after the first "prospectus" was released, telling us that the prospectus would be released today.

It would certainly explain why the "Friday" version is so full of rubbish.

1) Full details of the financial projections can be found on the trust website.

More detailed financial analysis can be found on

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk.

'communitypompey.co.uk is in the process of upgrading in preparation for the publication of the Pompey Supporters' Trust share prospectus on Monday November 19 at 3pm.'

1) Full details of the financial projections can be found on the trust website.

More detailed financial analysis can be found on

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk.

'communitypompey.co.uk is in the process of upgrading in preparation for the publication of the Pompey Supporters' Trust share prospectus on Monday November 19 at 3pm.'

Exactly. The Trust issued a statement on Friday

Trust Release Prospectus Early

Friday, 16 November 2012 18:26 Scott Mclachlan

It was decided by the PST that the Share Prospectus would be shared online immediately after its final approval in order to allow those that are ready to buy a share to fill out the form immediately.

The official launch is still scheduled for Monday 19th November and everyone who pledged will be sent one in the coming week.

Download the Prospectus Here

Back the Bid!

The PST Board

So is it the one on Friday, or is there another one coming today?

Interesting to see the Hearts attendance was up nearly 30% this weekend in their hour of need. Poopey's is down 30%.....but this can be true as the bestest fans in the world wouldn't turn their backs on the biggest club in the world. It is such a shame Corp and PES aren't around to correct this and tell us there is a miscount every week down at Fractured.

The caretaker boss took heart from the home fans’ reaction inside Fratton Park, though, as they stayed with the team and applauded their efforts at the final whistle.

Whittingham added: ‘I’m sure the fans noticed the improvement. They wouldn’t have applauded the players off if they didn’t think they had put the effort in, despite the result.

‘We’re passionate people, we know the fans here are passionate and we know what they want.’

So passionate only 11,000 could be bothered to turn up - assuming that every single ST holder was there, which is unlikely.

Yet further proof (as if any was needed) that Pompey have the bestest support in the whole wide world....

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Coventry-Ticket-Information-3902.aspx

"Pompey have sold out their initial allocation of 450 tickets for Saturday’s League One trip to Coventry (3pm kick-off).

The Sky Blues have sent out another 200 tickets and they should be available from tomorrow afternoon."

Edited by trousers

I am still a bit mystified why the Courts can seemingly impose a compulsory purchase order on Farton Park. Surely if Chanrai owns it he should be able to decide a) whether he wishes to sell and b) the price or am I missing something?

Chinny does not own it only has a charge against it (and also other assets). His risk if its not worth the charge amount however, he'd be silly to not investigate and obtain some figure that will reflect more towards the loan amount than the property valuation that the PDT have conducted.

Chinny does not own it only has a charge against it (and also other assets). His risk if its not worth the charge amount however, he'd be silly to not investigate and obtain some figure that will reflect more towards the loan amount than the property valuation that the PDT have conducted.

All Chainrai has to do is highlight the £13.4m valuation that Birch / PKF concurred with when they produced their interim creditors report in April 2012 (as highlighted by Torres earlier)... surely Birch would have got an independent valuation to corroborate the value he happened to find in the clubs books some 2 months before producing his report to the creditors....?

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/defender-leaves-blues-1-4498490

I see they are considering not renewing the loan of the Reading keeper, leaving them with just one. No doubt they will expect the FL to grant them special dispensation should that keeper get injured and they need to bring in an emergency loan taking them above the 20 squad size.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})