Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Did they boo the summmmaaaaa?

Well, they booed their own player Izale McLeod as he was about to take a penalty for them.

:facepalm:

But that can't be right, can it? I mean, Pompey fans always tell us that they never boo their own. Ever. The bestest would never do that.

that wasn't booing, it was the sound of a bulldozer firing up - or perhaps the sound of the wind whistling through 11,000 empty seats....

Maybe we'll hear no more of that nonesense about the Fortress, the big club, or the great fans - as tonight's effort has buried all the myths about support and passion.

This is their hour of need, yet the park remains VERY unpacked.

As for the ref, he must have been totally overawed - though he was probably more annoyed at having to go into the stands and get the ball himself for each throw-in.

I think they've had better nights.

Seems cruel to mock.

But I'll get some rest and try again tomorrow.

Oh dear, now in the bottom 4 with two nice away trips coming up at Coventry and Tranmere.

Ah, but don't forget they've already sold 450 tickets already for the Coventry away game with another 200 on offer.

With such massive support they're bound to scrape a result up there...

Frustrated Pompey fan:

McLeod wasn't bood by everyone, just Orient fans from what I heard as well as a few in the fratton end. He is useless and a waste of money but he's one of us and we get behind him as he's Pompey. 10k of us (and there were at least 13k by what I could see) make more noise than 30k deck chairs anyway. Anyway, wasn't your chairman a tank driver?

Classy.

In other news, according to BBC their team today was:

01 Andersen

03 Harley

15 Dickinson

16 Gyepes

20 Michalik

08 Howard

19 Russell

23 Allan

26 Mendez-Laing

09 McLeod

14 Benson

13 Eastwood

06 Walker

18 Ertl

22 Webster

33 Rocha

11 Compton

21 Harris

I was fairly certain that Dickinson had already left the club? As it was his departure that enabled Rocha to come in under the 20 squad limit?

A look at players who were available (if fit) to play for the cheats against Orient but were not named in the 18 man squad: Buzsaky, Dumbuya, Williamson

TOTAL: 21

I'm right, yes?

Frustrated Pompey fan:

McLeod wasn't bood by everyone, just Orient fans from what I heard as well as a few in the fratton end. He is useless and a waste of money but he's one of us and we get behind him as he's Pompey. 10k of us (and there were at least 13k by what I could see) make more noise than 30k deck chairs anyway. Anyway, wasn't your chairman a tank driver?

Classy.

Yeah I'm much more inclined to go with the attendance figure of a fan in the crowd rather than with the official figure provided by the club, I mean what do the club know? They've probably got faulty turnstiles or something, 3,000 fans could easily slip through undetected, that sounds plausible!

Frustrated Pompey fan:

Classy.

This lad has scored over a 3rd of P****y's league goals this season with a conversion rate of 9 in 19, is their leading scorer and has scored 3 times as many as the next player. By all accounts pretty good going and is on track to scoring over 20 in the whole season.

If they think he's useless god help the rest of the team.

Frustrated Pompey fan:

Classy.

I don't recall Cortese ever being a tank driver

From the PST FAQ...

How will we still put out a competitive team?

Surprise...

The rules of the Football League are changing in our favour too, to further support Clubs that don’t overstretch financially

With salary caps in League 1 and 2 loans can no longer buy you players and pay wages your income doesn’t support

Now that is either a helluva lot of front, or a total and utter lack of self-awareness!

In other news, according to BBC their team today was:

01 Andersen

03 Harley

15 Dickinson

16 Gyepes

20 Michalik

08 Howard

19 Russell

23 Allan

26 Mendez-Laing

09 McLeod

14 Benson

13 Eastwood

06 Walker

18 Ertl

22 Webster

33 Rocha

11 Compton

21 Harris

I was fairly certain that Dickinson had already left the club? As it was his departure that enabled Rocha to come in under the 20 squad limit?

A look at players who were available (if fit) to play for the cheats against Orient but were not named in the 18 man squad: Buzsaky, Dumbuya, Williamson

TOTAL: 21

I'm right, yes?

Dickinson's last match should have been Leyton Orient but he was supposed to be under a 1 match ban for 5 bookings. So Pompey have fielded an ineligible player.

Ian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dickinson's last match should have been Leyton Orient but he was supposed to be under a 1 match ban for 5 bookings. So Pompey have fielded an ineligible player.

Dock them all the points they have got from their last half dozen matches!!

ah...

Carry on, nothing to see here.

Attendance 9955. Packing the park again.

Someone did predict their league attendances would below 10k by Christmas, came a little sooner than expected then.

I did chuckle looking at a Swansea forum just before we played them that a skate was posting telling them they were going to be in with them at SMS as they’d “sold out their allocation for Bury”.

Imagine my surprise Monday evening when they showed Bury’s (sn1gger) goals on South Today and there were loads of empty seats in the away end.

I guess all those empty seats were the same “loyal-passionate-never-boo-follow-them-everywhere” empty seats we regularly see “Packing-the-Park” at fartton every home game?

Ian

To: enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Dear Sir/Madam,

I note, from the BBC report of last night's game between Portsmouth and Leyton Orient:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20308100

that the home club fielded Dickinson.

?ui=2&ik=5c89095dee&view=att&th=13b2243f64210b4e&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_13b2240c45da07fd&zw&atsh=1

I understand that Dickinson was on a one ( 1 ) game ban for reaching 5 bookings. If that is the case

then surely the home team have fielded an ineligible player and, as such, should be sanctioned for

contravening Football League Rules?

Could you please confirm if this is actually the case?

Kind Regards

Ooooooooooooops! my finger slipped and pressed send. :D

Ian

Looks like it was Dumbuya playing, not Dickinson... according to that bastion of integrity, the skate OS.

No reference to Dumbuya either!!

Yes. Noticed that. I see the guardian summary (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2012/nov/20/portsmouth-v-leytonorient) has Dickinson playing as well but I suspect they may be using the same source of information as the BBC so not sure if that counts for much.

well...

according to the live text commentary on sky sports Dickinson took a throw in on 41 minutes. But I suspect when they do these commentaries their must be some sort of short cut for entering players names so if the initial team sheet it uses is wrong then this would carry over to the wrong names used on the commentary.

Edited by pedg

Akos Buzsaky has decided he wants out. Following rumours that he refused to go on the bench last Saturday, he now apparently wants out.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-ready-to-let-buzsaky-depart-1-4505317

Still, if his rumoured enormous wages are anything to go by, this can only be a good thing for the fiscally-minded PDT. Right? Surely it is.

Can I just say league one relegation rival again, I really like how it sounds.

It's thoroughly unkind to tar Oldham with the same brush as the skates. Oldham are currently 18th, 3 places above the relegation zone. Pompey are in the bottom four and therefore in the drop zone, and that's before you take off the minus ten points that's coming their way. If we're being truly honest, their relegation rivals are Hartlepool who are marronned on the bottom on 8 points; the same amount of points that Pompey will have after the points penalty is enacted, and 11 points from safety.

I had a chuckle when browsing through Skysports last night and came across the Pompey v LO game. Clicked on the 'team lineups' where they show the pics of the players in their relative playing positions to find only 1(?) of them wearing Portsmouth kit and one player (a centre-half) with no picture at all. Stating the obvious but they are in as much mess on the pitch as off it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/262912/teams

Edited by Greenridge

It's thoroughly unkind to tar Oldham with the same brush as the skates. Oldham are currently 18th, 3 places above the relegation zone. Pompey are in the bottom four and therefore in the drop zone, and that's before you take off the minus ten points that's coming their way. If we're being truly honest, their relegation rivals are Hartlepool who are marronned on the bottom on 8 points; the same amount of points that Pompey will have after the points penalty is enacted, and 11 points from safety.

You obviously forget the d!ck up there waving the Pompey flag when we played them? (It was Oldham wasn't it?)

Anyway, just give it ago, say it out loud and see how it sounds.

You obviously forget the d!ck up there waving the Pompey flag when we played them? (It was Oldham wasn't it?)

Anyway, just give it ago, say it out loud and see how it sounds.

Pretty sure it was Tranmere .... but whatever, way north of the end of civilisation as we know it.

Didn't he get lamped for his troubles?

I had a chuckle when browsing through Skysports last night and came across the Pompey v LO game. Clicked on the 'team lineups' where they show the pics of the players in their relative playing positions to find only 1(?) of them wearing Portsmouth kit and one player (a centre-half) with no picture at all. Stating the obvious but they are in as much mess on the pitch as off it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/262912/teams

That's gotta be worth a screen grab...

pompey_11.PNG

Pretty sure it was Tranmere .... but whatever, way north of the end of civilisation as we know it.

Didn't he get lamped for his troubles?

Yep, was definitely Tranmere, fella was with a teenage girl (presume his daughter). Had his nose busted outside the ground immediately after the game yes. Normally don't agree with bullying or whatever but this bloke was a complete weapon and had it coming.

Yep, was definitely Tranmere, fella was with a teenage girl (presume his daughter). Had his nose busted outside the ground immediately after the game yes. Normally don't agree with bullying or whatever but this bloke was a complete weapon and had it coming.

Had 2 teenage girls with him. Spent 85mins giving it the big one and then hid his colours and attempted to just walk away un-noticed.

Walked passed him when he was sat in the pavement, blubbering like a baby, with blood all over him. He received no sympathy but plenty of abuse.

It's a shame that the players pictured in the prospectus are all such a bunch of losers. It would have been better to have used pictures of famously successful players from the past.

I agree. They should have used King Kanu, Tal Ben Haim, Sol "£100k/week" Campbell, Asmir "£1m to get rid of" Begovic etc etc.

Is he theirs to sell? I thought pretty much all their players were on month to month rolling contracts and could just bugger off whenever they wanted.

Pompey would still hold the player's registration until the transfer window reopens.

Would imagine that Pompey would rather open up a space in the 20 player limit by mutually terminating the contract, leaving him as a free agent, than hold on to a player (or just his registration) when he doesn't want to be there. That'd just leave Pompey with one less space, the player with resentment, and make Pompey even less(!) attractive to potential players, if they're willing to screw over one of their own like that.

Any fee, if there's any, will be nominal.

Frustrated Pompey fan:

Classy.

Guess this must have been the work of Orient fans:

@Lauralittlemac: Izale just had call from club they have contacted the police after fans have been racially abusing him on twitter #badtimes

Whilst perusing the Portsmouth news website, I can across this little gem...

andi4asg

1:16 PM on 21/11/2012

At least we are turning up, stains would be lucky to get 5k in this league, nad only a small minority were booing, I didn't hear any!!

Ah the amazing ignorance of your average PFC fan, if any of them actually make average that is.