Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In one breath he says he's giving £1000 so his kids have a club to support and in the next breath says its more important than putting food on the table.... Surely the kids need to be fed first...? :)

Talking of his kids...

:facepalm:

Not only is maths not a strong point for the skates but not knowing what the essentials in life are too!

How has measured that there have been 200,000 different fans through the turnstile? Is he talking about since inception or just the modern era?

How can they still sit their and go on about amazing support, over 200,000 unique fans attending games, yet with crowds of under 10k?

the media lap it up as always, like it or not their support does have a reputation for being fanatical and loud among football circles

Pompey oppo of mine, instead of buying a share, along with his 9 other workmates, are now buying one between them. None have the spare ££ at this time of year and the idea of never getting your money back have put them off.

So in other words, the other 9 workmates are getting their £100 back (minus £2.50) and instead putting that £100 into one share...

Between them they're adding £22.50 to the PST's finances (On top of what the PST already had in their account)

How many seconds does that pay the administrator for?

Edited by Jimmy_D
Clarification and accuracy.

Can't some of the millions of pounds that every Pompey matchday generates for local businesses be channelled to help fund places like this?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/funding-needed-to-keep-portsmouth-centre-open-and-running-1-4519526

You've got places like this being denied local authority funding at the same time that the council pledged a couple of million to help out a "decrepit" football club....

Talking of which...whatever happened to the council's pledge to loan the PDT the money? Given they are now the only bid on the table surely the loan criteria is now satisfied?

Edited by trousers

Not only is maths not a strong point for the skates but not knowing what the essentials in life are too!

How has measured that there have been 200,000 different fans through the turnstile? Is he talking about since inception or just the modern era?

During the recent decline we have still managed to get a couple of hundred thousand different Pompey fans through the doors of our decrepit but much-loved stadium.

So quite recently really. But still very surprising when you discount the ST holders from the figures. It is suggestive that contrary to their own beliefs that they have solid support, that apart from the ST holders, most of those who have attended "since their decline" have only gone very occasionally rather than regularly.

So quite recently really. But still very surprising when you discount the ST holders from the figures. It is suggestive that contrary to their own beliefs that they have solid support, that apart from the ST holders, most of those who have attended "since their decline" have only gone very occasionally rather than regularly.

Even if Hall was close to being accurate with his "200,000 different supporters" media love-in claim, how would he know anyway? Unless he has access to the club's "recent" ticket purchase history I can't see how he would be able to come up with an accurate estimate of unique visitors vs repeat visitors.... :suspicious:

It also suggests that if they've played 100 home games since winning the FA Cup, 2000 different people have been to each and every home game and never gone back.

Not something to boast about Mr Hall, even if it wasn't totally made-up b0ll0cks.

I think once you've taken the regular 10k or so regulars and away supporters out of the equation, all these (imaginery) occasional visitors are the 'die-hards' that have turned up on the thousands of free tickets they've dished out. You can just see all those excited youngsters looking forward to their day out at the zoo only to find they've been tricked as they're forced through the turnstiles at "decrepit" park.

Micah Hall, I thought, represented the more sensible breed of Pompey supporter, however having seen what he has done to his kids re their names, he is definately in the lunatic fringe.

If those really are their genuine names, that must count as some form of child abuse, surely?

It also suggests that if they've played 100 home games since winning the FA Cup, 2000 different people have been to each and every home game and never gone back.

Not something to boast about Mr Hall, even if it wasn't totally made-up b0ll0cks.

I have it!!! The 2000 unique visitors in the last 100 games were the away fans.

How lovely that Bournemouth striker Wes Thomas, who forged a decent enough goal-scoring partnership with Izale McLeod, has been reunited with Appy at Blackpool.

The Skates could really have done with him at the moment, as since he went back to Bournemouth, their goals just dried up all of a sudden.

Had a quick chat with an avid fan yesterday who will certainly not be converting their pledge, and doesn't know anyone who is! He felt that paying up would simply be a waste of money and that starting again is best solution. Given that the PDT bid is now being taken seriously, it's odd that opinion is suddenly swinging the other way.

There is a big difference in throwing away the admin charge of £2.50 from the initial £100 than handing over £1,000 of real money that you know you'll never see again. I'm not suprised one bit about the paltry rumoured 750 bids being recieved so far.

How much did the council think a home match was worth to the local Pompey community again? I need a good laugh.

Found the original source of the council's claim....was £300m but doesn't say over what period of time...as Tweeted by The News during the council meeting to agree the loan....

Joe Nimmo ‏@PN_Joe_Nimmo Tory Cllr Donna Jones says she is a strict custodian of public money, but estimates the economic impact of Pompey is more than £300m. #pst

I'm sure they announced that the club generates £300M a year for the city and that all the shafted creditors and the taxman should pray for their continued support.

Just another blatant myth that went unchallenged on the Isle of Fatpipe.

No one batted an eyelid, it was like a practical joke, a competition to see who could keep a straight face the longest.

Avram Grant won.

Sadly it wasn't just his gravedigger face that he kept straight.

I know Micah Hall loves running the glory leg after Nutjobs have done the research so perhaps he could look into that ridiculous claim after he's asked someone sensible like Frank Zappa or Bob Geldof to rename the kids for him.

image_normal.jpgMatt Slater ‏@mattslaterbbc

Pompey's @blueballoo2000 picks an interesting place 2 tell his wife he's spent Xmas budget on PFC shares http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20452341 …

bruce_forsythe_normal.jpgTrousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@mattslaterbbc @blueballoo2000 Interesting article. Where does the "200,000 different Pompey fans" figure come from though?

d487b4eb4af5089374162c086c1db171_normal.jpegMicah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

@Lord_Trousers @mattslaterbbc from some sheets of paper in my folder which I am analysing;-) still a MASSIVE club, even I was staggered.

Would very much like to know how he is able to distinguish exactly who turns up at matches. Does he have a photographic memory and is able to scan and remember everyone who enters FP?

No it doesn't work like that, it is much more simple;

You make something up, say it five times over, get one other person to say the same and then it becomes a fact.

Getting back to the serious issue of Fatpipes Park and its value, on a simple 'investment' basis IF the football club pays a 'market rent' (hypothetical tenant of course as who else is in the market) of what was it? £275,000 per annum? then on a multiplier of even 12YP (8% yield) thats £3.3M. Given current yields/strength of covenant(very poor) would private money invest at 6/7%? Just cannot see on what basis judge would go with £2.6M at all.

Pompey's @blueballoo2000 picks an interesting place 2 tell his wife he's spent Xmas budget on PFC shares http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20452341 …

@mattslaterbbc @blueballoo2000 Interesting article. Where does the "200,000 different Pompey fans" figure come from though?

@Lord_Trousers @mattslaterbbc from some sheets of paper in my folder which I am analysing;-) still a MASSIVE club, even I was staggered.

Hmmmm, Data Protection ?????????

Even if Hall was close to being accurate with his "200,000 different supporters" media love-in claim, how would he know anyway? Unless he has access to the club's "recent" ticket purchase history I can't see how he would be able to come up with an accurate estimate of unique visitors vs repeat visitors.... :suspicious:

I make it about 4 seasons of decline X 25 games/season = 100 games, average 2000 away fans = 200000. Wonderful thing, statistics......

@SimonPeach: Redknapp comparing #QPR to #Pompey. I've often said that. Great support but small stadium, rented old training ground & overpaid players.

What's this? 'Arry alluding to the fact that Pompey won the FA Cup because they were overpaying players....? nah, can't believe that for a moment...

Apparently he did a DNA test of all visiting home fans, but couldn't believe that they only found one unique DNA, so he wrote down 200k cos it sounds good.