Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I may have missed this in the last day or so, but anyway, Blackburn Rovers fans trust have raised 3M in share purchases to fund a take over. How much have the bestest got again, someone remind me....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-20477754

Sorry, but that's just rubbish!

Clearly the BBC have made this story up as Pompey have got the biggest fans community club takeover thing going on in the world ever.

Ask Neil the knobhead, he'll poo poo the BBC story for sure.

"The trust now wants to reach its nominal target of £10m, pledged by fans in shares of £1,000 each, to form the acquisition capital it would use to try to gain ownership."

In Pompey's case I understand the desire for fans ownership, they've had crook after crook and enough is enough of ripping off local schools, businesses, charities, the tax man etc etc. I can't say I'd want fan ownership at SFC though, its really not for me at all for a whole number of different reasons.

Guys I am afraid I am going to have to resign from being a nutjob at least for this evening.

I am going to date a Portsmouth girl tonight.

I went out with a girl from Sh!t City once, only once mind. I still feel a little bit dirty even after more than 30 years. I married a Saints & Hampshire (cricket) supporting girl.

Some quotes from the last few days :

"die god damn you die!"

"They quite simply cant keep getting away with it, surely ? "

"how can they afford Mcleod ?"

" They are going to need some good players to keep them out of Div4 and a lot of luck to keep them afloat."

Obviously been infiltrated by scummahs !

I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

Sorry, but that's just rubbish!

Clearly the BBC have made this story up as Pompey have got the biggest fans community club takeover thing going on in the world ever.

Ask Neil the knobhead, he'll poo poo the BBC story for sure.

Ahhhhhh, apologies Weston, I shall get onto my MP straight away and demand an explanation for this latest BBC injustice.

Dear Penny........

Can someone explain? Visited Pompeyonline during September and October and there was a "premier league" update thread which covered our latest fortunes. Just been on this morning and couldn't find it.....

I'm guessing they're too busy wallowing in club folklore at the moment (such as one of their players kicking a ball at a spectator) to worry about what's happening two (soon to become 3) leagues above them...

Smaller clubs than pompey don't take that many to Coventry.

You can mock the photo but that's more people than you realise - don't forget that their ground holds 180,000.

West Ham took 170 when they last went, Leeds 234, we only managed 38 - and this season I hear that Sheffield Utd sent ALL of their tickets back as none of their fans were deemed passionate enough to attend.

So pompey might not have a very big following from that photo, but they sold out their allocation with ease - in fact there was a bit of a riot when Liam Lawrence put up the sold out signs, they had to turn away thousands, the locals were revolting.

That big empty space around them is called segregation, the police kept them kettled to prevent the Coventry fans becoming jealous like us - but it didn't work, they now have their own micro-thread on the bestest.

In technical terms, if you look carefully, I think they grade that fixure as a four steward job.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18736

To the self-proclaimed "phenomenal fans"....we salute every single one of you...in person....

2abu8ubu.jpg

I think you are all being very unfair on the bestest.

It is clear from that photo that they clearly sold out the entire Away End.

It would have been full but the phew discovered that the Ricoh has really far more exciting attractions to visit and look at, such as Pizza Hut

I think you are all being very unfair on the bestest.

It is clear from that photo that they clearly sold out the entire Away End.

It would have been full but the phew discovered that the Ricoh has really far more exciting attractions to visit and look at, such as Pizza Hut

More then likely visiting the 'largest Tesco in Europe on opening' in 2004 just across the way. Experiencing the future of the Fratton Park site.

Good to see them taking a realistic pro-active approach to the future for a change.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18736

To the self-proclaimed "phenomenal fans"....we salute every single one of you...in person....

2abu8ubu.jpg

You all mock but that end is rammed - for a change their fancy-dresser-uppers all went as sky blue seats rather than the thousands of darker blue varieties we see regularly at fatpipe park.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=477:dont-miss-pst-bid-open-day-at-fratton-park-on-1st-december&catid=34:demo-category

Get p***ed and borrow money to buy a share, responsible lending there from the Credit Union.

Week commencing 3 December, two blokes in a Transit will go door to door offering you a lift to the cashpoint. :(

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=477:dont-miss-pst-bid-open-day-at-fratton-park-on-1st-december&catid=34:demo-category

Get p***ed and borrow money to buy a share, responsible lending there from the Credit Union.

Week commencing 3 December, two blokes in a Transit will go door to door offering you a lift to the cashpoint. :(

Shotguns in hand

No pressure then :o

I wonder how many of those gallant fans who have made their down payment on their share will be affected by the rumoured closure of the BAE shipyard. That could knock a huge hole in the 'business plan'.

I wonder how many of those gallant fans who have made their down payment on their share will be affected by the rumoured closure of the BAE shipyard. That could knock a huge hole in the 'business plan'.

Agree with this.

However there may be decent redundancy payments they can tap into which may give some people a temporary cash lift

Agree with this.

However there may be decent redundancy payments they can tap into which may give some people a temporary cash lift

Aah of course! Instead of long term planning about the best way to use redundancy payments, some may well decide to spray their cash on a lost cause,.

It's the Pompey way, after all

Shipyard wont shut for at LEAST 18 months to 2 years if it ever does, so no way will help Pompey money worries.

OMG

The preceding pages lambasting Neil Allen made me wonder as to where I could have come across such an incompetent, inaccurate Journalist.

So I have been googling and have found Video evidence of his previous career before joining the snooze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WBvbzQfMNik

Oh and in other news, what ever happened to Joe Cala?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238474/Poseidon-Undersea-Resort-Luxury-hotel-sea.html

I thought Harry didn't use txt................ "I got a lovely text from David the other night, just wishing me well here," said the QPR boss.

So... he is on record as saying under oath that he cant use technology, not even texts, yet he is happy to speak publically about receiving them... now I am sure there is a totally rational explanation for this contradiction, but I sure as hell cant quite put my finger on it.

Meanwhile back in SOS pompeyland, estemed local hack Mr Allen is providing us with his happy thoughts of balls being kicked deliberately into spectator faces - surely it would have been even funnier Neil if it had been a 4 year old on his Dad's shoulders, or maybe one of the wheelchair users? Maybe it would have even made national folklore had he hit a blind fan... wow what a joyous day that would have been as the whole country could all laugh and share the joy that such things can provide in these most depressing times.... Shiedt ground, sheidt fans, no money, 160mil of other folks money ****ed up the wall, no wins, not enough willing/stupid enough to 'invest' a grand in a sinking ship... so I guess you need your kicks where you can get em...

... what he fails to appreciate or even understand, is that there are a few decent pompey fans who are ashamed of the way their club has behaved, cant believe they are still bleating about being competitive (You could not make it up), and recognise that the only way they can get some self respect back for their club, is by starting over... Neil,, if you had any class, its these fans you would be writing for and supporting by telling it as it is, not the ignorant morons who still believe the club did nothing wrong and just got unlucky - those you suck up to with your 'funny' tales of folklore.... find it strange that you feel you need to join in with the ****wits.... no class.

Edited by Frank's cousin

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-caretaker-boss-banks-on-coventry-boost-1-4523217

Whittingham said: ‘That result was massive.

We probably had close to a 1,000 people with a smile on their face driving back down to Portsmouth that night. It’s so nice to feel you actually made people smile – and the fans have been fantastic.

2abu8ubu.jpg

Edited by trousers

So... he is on record as saying under oath that he cant use technology' date=' not even texts, yet he is happy to speak publically about receiving them... now I am sure there is a totally rational explanation for this contradiction, but I sure as hell cant quite put my finger on it. [/quote']

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092257/Harry-Redknapp-I-write-like-year-old-use-computer.html

‘I have a big problem I can’t, I can’t write... so I don’t keep anything.‘I can’t work a computer, I don’t know what an email is... I’ve never sent a fax and I’ve never sent a text message.’

"Redknapp, who is tipped to be the next England manager, added: ‘I’ve never wrote a letter in my life. I couldn’t write a letter, I write like a two-year-old and I can’t spell.

‘You talk to anybody at the football club, I don’t write. I couldn’t even fill a team sheet in.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-reveals-1457764

New QPR boss Redknapp made it clear he is a huge admirer of Beckham but says he has not thought yet about signing the former England captain.

Redknapp said: "I got a lovely text from him wishing me all the best. He's a top professional. But I've never discussed it, I've not discussed it. He'd be great to have him around the place because he's a top professional.

To be fair, he never said he replied to Beckham's text... :)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-caretaker-boss-banks-on-coventry-boost-1-4523217

Whittingham said: ‘That result was massive.

We probably had close to a 1,000 people with a smile on their face driving back down to Portsmouth that night. It’s so nice to feel you actually made people smile – and the fans have been fantastic.

2abu8ubu.jpg

Classic Portsmyth maths at work yet again, over inflating things seems to be the norm now. I wonder if all the myths etc will go down in folklore in the same way smashing a ball into a supporters face has done?

I've not noticed this before, apologies if old news

Lots of additional FAQs?

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/#faq34

Including:

Page 4 of the share prospectus claims that PST ownership will deliver "a new level of appeal to sponsors, increasing attendances and match day spend". What % increase in each of these core revenue streams has been built into the budget?

This season’s average attendance is calculated at 11,500, Year Two plus 6.5% and Year Three plus 8%. Each of the key revenue streams have been assessed separately. The Year One starting point for each has actually been reduced from the previous year and the majority kept flat in Year Two. We have allowed for marginal (single figure) increases in most areas across years 3 and 4, however in general we have taken a very conservative approach on revenue increase. Our expectation is that we can significantly improve on our budgeted figures.

I thought Harry didn't use txt................ "I got a lovely text from David the other night, just wishing me well here," said the QPR boss.

He also said that he texted Rio when Ferdinand was made England Captain, to congratulate him. The Prosecuting Barrister did not pick that up either or requested evidence of the Investments that Milan used the Monaco Bank Account for.

He also said that he texted Rio when Ferdinand was made England Captain, to congratulate him. The Prosecuting Barrister did not pick that up either or requested evidence of the Investments that Milan used the Monaco Bank Account for.

There was also a story in one of the papers just before the trial, with 'Arry talking about exchanging texts with Alex Mcleish when he got the Villa job.

I've not noticed this before, apologies if old news

Lots of additional FAQs?

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/#faq34

Including:

Page 4 of the share prospectus claims that PST ownership will deliver "a new level of appeal to sponsors, increasing attendances and match day spend". What % increase in each of these core revenue streams has been built into the budget?

This season’s average attendance is calculated at 11,500, Year Two plus 6.5% and Year Three plus 8%. Each of the key revenue streams have been assessed separately. The Year One starting point for each has actually been reduced from the previous year and the majority kept flat in Year Two. We have allowed for marginal (single figure) increases in most areas across years 3 and 4, however in general we have taken a very conservative approach on revenue increase. Our expectation is that we can significantly improve on our budgeted figures.

[h=3]Page 8 of the share prospectus shows a 19% growth in revenues between the 2013/14 & 2014/15 seasons. What is driving this growth? Considering that it is likely that we will be playing in League Two, with no guarantees of promotion back to League One, how is it considered prudent to show such growth?[/h]Initial ‘due diligence’ undertaken has indicated that there are a number of areas, including hospitality and merchandising, which are currently providing a poor return for the club. In consequence, it is felt that there is the potential to drive significant revenue growth in those areas. A more detailed review of the club’s operational activity is currently underway to help the new club Board better understand how this increased revenue can be achieved. In addition the model anticipates increased attendances / season ticket sales as the club re-connects with its fan base. The business model assumes League 1 football for the next five years. In practical terms relegation does not have a huge impact on external revenues (eg TV money) and a successful side in League 2 would, more than likely attract larger gates than a struggling League 1 club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092257/Harry-Redknapp-I-write-like-year-old-use-computer.html

‘I have a big problem I can’t, I can’t write... so I don’t keep anything.‘I can’t work a computer, I don’t know what an email is... I’ve never sent a fax and I’ve never sent a text message.’

"Redknapp, who is tipped to be the next England manager, added: ‘I’ve never wrote a letter in my life. I couldn’t write a letter, I write like a two-year-old and I can’t spell.

‘You talk to anybody at the football club, I don’t write. I couldn’t even fill a team sheet in.’

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-reveals-1457764

New QPR boss Redknapp made it clear he is a huge admirer of Beckham but says he has not thought yet about signing the former England captain.

Redknapp said: "I got a lovely text from him wishing me all the best. He's a top professional. But I've never discussed it, I've not discussed it. He'd be great to have him around the place because he's a top professional.

To be fair, he never said he replied to Beckham's text... :)

Well as he cant write (which everyone in football knows), I suppose we could assume that ? :rolleyes::p

Page 8 of the share prospectus shows a 19% growth in revenues between the 2013/14 & 2014/15 seasons. What is driving this growth? Considering that it is likely that we will be playing in League Two, with no guarantees of promotion back to League One, how is it considered prudent to show such growth?

Initial ‘due diligence’ undertaken has indicated that there are a number of areas, including hospitality and merchandising, which are currently providing a poor return for the club. In consequence, it is felt that there is the potential to drive significant revenue growth in those areas. A more detailed review of the club’s operational activity is currently underway to help the new club Board better understand how this increased revenue can be achieved. In addition the model anticipates increased attendances / season ticket sales as the club re-connects with its fan base. The business model assumes League 1 football for the next five years. In practical terms relegation does not have a huge impact on external revenues (eg TV money) and a successful side in League 2 would, more than likely attract larger gates than a struggling League 1 club.

That's probably true IF they are a successful L2 side. I reckon if they were at the top of L2 they might occasionally even break the 10,000 barrier. Massive club!