Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Where's our man in Dubai with his crystal balls when we need him.....? :)

Farking Etisalat. Paid for data not got it. Found wifi in pub. No surprise something happened Trev did not answer fone. What did he expect. Imho only gonna be more good news for nutjobs don't panic oldnick decades of being Walsall beckon insh'allah

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

No, It's Chainrai taking issue with the ground's valuation, not the trust's offer.....

Yeah but there is no point them trying to force Chanrai to sell for £2mill or whatever if they don't have anywhere near that amount.

God knows what is going on. Maybe Chanrai has found another puppet to take on his debt?

From POL:

This Guilfoyle bloke just been on SSN. Says he has been approached by Portpin and says that there is a major problem with the PKF case (I wonder if that is just what Portpin are telling him though). Portpin are offering to fund club til end of season and "re-market" it.

From POL:

Portpin are offering to fund club til end of season and "re-market" it.

Re-marketed as a League Two team that rents a training ground, doesn't own the stadium, has a poor academy, £8m+ of debt to former staff, a CVA to pay and will be getting sub 10,000 attendances?

Saatchi & Saatchi would struggle to sell that.

@Frattoniser: @PKF_UK Come on, we deserve answers, tell us why you are seeking an adjournment? Don't treat us as stupid, we've proved we're not!

Amongst an evening of speculation and conjecture it is left to our friend Frattoniser to make the most outlandish statement of the day!

@Frattoniser: @PKF_UK Come on, we deserve answers, tell us why you are seeking an adjournment? Don't treat us as stupid, we've proved we're not!

Amongst an evening of speculation and conjecture it is left to our friend Frattoniser to make the most outlandish statement of the day!

He's not a happy bunny tonight is he. I'd be surprised if h gets any sleep. Bless him.

Yeah but there is no point them trying to force Chanrai to sell for £2mill or whatever if they don't have anywhere near that amount.

God knows what is going on. Maybe Chanrai has found another puppet to take on his debt?

That is true. I would suspect their benign, helpful and extremely charitable property developer friends would be happy to assist though.

The trust keep banging on about Chanrai not getting the golden share. The thing that may not have dawned on them is that he is probably better off now with the club dead and just the assets :lol: left.

A new Administrator may trouser the PP for the creditors by liquidating and distribute equally, with 'you guessed it' getting a preferential payout as a secured creditor. The player compromises are only effectively secured if they want to stay a football club.

Don't forget the money from Pompey kids' Christmas present funds aren't being used to buy the ground, that money's coming independently from the property developer who definitely absolutely isn't in it to make a quick buck for himself.

The amount of money the trust has or hasn't raised is completely irrelevant as far as the court hearing is concerned.

The trust keep banging on about Chanrai not getting the golden share. The thing that may not have dawned on them is that he is probably better off now with the club dead and just the assets :lol: left.

A new Administrator may trouser the PP for the creditors by liquidating and distribute equally, with 'you guessed it' getting a preferential payout as a secured creditor. The player compromises are only effectively secured if they want to stay a football club.

I like the cut of your jib sir....

It does not make sense. At least not to me....

The court case tomorrow is to see what the legal valuation on the ground is and give permission to the administrator to sell it.

It is not a case where Portpin request a new administrator as wouldn't that have to be done at a different hearing?

Why would Trev back out on the case being heard under threat of being replaced? Surely it is in the people owed moneys interests for a sale to be completed asap? Rt hey already had a vote with those owed money and the amounts were agreed.

Secondly Trev would be able to say that the FL have already indicated that Chinny would fail their tests of ownership due to past administrations. Again having another admin in charge won't change that.

Point being Trev could argue in court it is the only option they have. But to ask for an aadjournment means something isn't right.

Someone on POL has typed up what Brendan Guilfoyle told SSN.

Portpin asked me to put my name forward as they believe the club has not been fully marketed, they certainly dont wan the club liquidated if it cant be sold to the PST so what thay are saying is what they are suggesting to the court is they will continue to fund the club until the end of ther season on the condition the court involve me and I can be given the opportunity to find a new buyer. My involvement if any will be for the matter for the court to decide upon. Its to give the court another option as Portpin feel the options provided I.E a sale to the PST or closure of the closing of the club need broadening. If teh court decide the sale of the club to the supporters then I will have no involvement, Im there to give them another option. The is a late development this evening that the soliciters acting on behalf of the administrators, PKF has requested an adjournment as they have a major probelm with their case. Portpins lawyers have tried to find what that problem is but are not being told what that problem is, so once again the first thing the court will be asked is for an adjournment of the case, so I dont think Portpin are particulary happy abouth that as they find the whole continuing uncertianty undesireable.

Portpin are not happy with the administrator and disturbed because what they are saying to the court is if you dont sell to the PST we will have no option to liquidate the club, so Portpin are providing another option which is we will fund the club to the end of the season and we will have someone market the club all over again. They feel a lot olf good work has been done by PKf like reducing wages and making the club a more attractive proposition than it appeared to when it first went into administration which means others parties should be interested in buying the club.

@NabilHassan79: #pompey As things stand PKF & Portpin intend to be in court tomorrow. The PST say PKF have asked for an adjournment but up to judge to agree

@NabilHassan79: #Pompey It is understood PKF's decision to ask for an adjournment has nothing to do with the Brendan Guilfoyle news emerging tonight.

PST unwittingly gave away the total pledges today, by admitting that only 2% have asked for their hundred quid back.

Rather stupidly they added that was about 20 people !!!!!

Even my basic maths can work out, given that figure, that only 1,000 pledges have been made in total..£1m

not enough to pay their dirisory offer of £2.75m for Fratton..

no wonder Birch wants to bail out tomorrow

@NabilHassan79: If judge refuses to grant adjournment or Portpin don't agree, the case goes ahead as planned. PKF refusing to say why they've made request.

@pn_jeff_travis: Just spoke to PKF. Court case will take place tomorrow. Possible an adjournment will be sought, but no certainty at all

Looks like they will be funded to the end of the season, so they can re-market the club...... Yeah just trying to avoid those 10 points being deducted!

1) They have to back to court in Feb for permission to extend the administration, as it cannot run beyond 12 months from the original date ( Feb 2012 ) without court approval

2) If they do survive to the end of this season then get sold in the summer, they will start the next season on -10.

Maybe the major problem is that the accountants can't hide the fact that the PKF fees have drained the club of much needed cash to keep going, ignoring alternative bids for ownership in the process, effectively meaning that liquidation is inevitable, and hence all the other legal troubles that this may bring to their firm and the individuals themselves?

Seems that now even Brichy boy can't hide it any longer.

PST unwittingly gave away the total pledges today, by admitting that only 2% have asked for their hundred quid back.

Rather stupidly they added that was about 20 people !!!!!

Even my basic maths can work out, given that figure, that only 1,000 pledges have been made in total..£1m

not enough to pay their dirisory offer of £2.75m for Fratton..

no wonder Birch wants to bail out tomorrow

I think they covered themselves by saying 20 had withdrawn, which is "between 1% and 2%". Nevertheless it could be the key to it - if it is true that only about 30% have paid £1,000, and if Birch is aware of that, given the FL statement about the need for the PST to money up in full.

Sounds like it's back on then. Should be interesting either way

It can't be off until Justice Sales says it's off. So we have to wait for an adjournment request from PKF in court. Either way they're rattled and not confident of a result on the day or one that stands up in the aftermath.

Edited by TopGun

Jeesus h christ. i go to the gym for a couple of hours to get myself geared up for the fun and games in court, and the ****ing sky falls in. you cant turn your back for one minute on this pantomine

only 2 other things to say...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

and

WTFILN

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, so would most of us....but, according to the Pompey intelligentsia, that's called "giving up" or "not trying"....like what us "scummers" did in 2009.... I've said it before, but I still don't get how trying to keep a terminally ill mongrel alive is somehow more noble than putting it to sleep and starting again with a pedigree puppy...

Ahem. Let's not get carried away.

poooor_ugly_puppy_by_ch13i5-d4yl7n4.jpg

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})