Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@pn_neil_allen: PKF: 'There have been a change in terms of proposed transaction, I cannot advance the case on evidence as it stands.' #Pompey

So someone's moved the goalposts. Given that PKF haven't been negotiating with Portpin, surely that means the property developer has tried to change something in the deal...

They can't raise sufficient funds through the fans... so now needs to be an open property developer takeover?

True but presumably PKF wouldn't want to ask to have stadium valued at £2.75m if the PDT then can't afford it.

The pledges won't be going towards the stadium purchase.

The stadium purchase is being funded entirely by REL Ltd, owned by Stuart Robinson, and REL Ltd will be leasing the ground back to the club.

In short please.....what the f*** is going on?

The property developer that PST were relying on to buy Fratton Park and lease it back to them, would appear to be not as reliable or sound as they had thought.

Kinda ironic really that the bestest criticise the Football League's fit and proper person tests as not being good enough, when their own tests on a key strategic partner are also not up to scratch...!

Genuine lol moment.

Right, haven't bothered to read any posts yet. Can someone provide a quick summary?

Judging from my research on POL I'm presuming the judge has set the value at £2.75m, the PST are immenently due to take control of the club, Chanrai has given up and the mostest passionatist fans in the world are gearing up to celebrate with flags at the next home match. It has all gone to plan hasn't it?

The pledges won't be going towards the stadium purchase.

The stadium purchase is being funded entirely by REL Ltd, owned by Stuart Robinson, and REL Ltd will be leasing the ground back to the club.

The problem may be related to the fact that REL Ltd. was struck off and dissolved on 02/12/2008 according to Companies House. :lol:

Right, haven't bothered to read any posts yet. Can someone provide a quick summary?

Judging from my research on POL I'm presuming the judge has set the value at £2.75m, the PST are immenently due to take control of the club, Chanrai has given up and the mostest passionatist fans in the world are gearing up to celebrate with flags at the next home match. It has all gone to plan hasn't it?

You got it, no summary required.

It would have done were it not for those pesky People at Portpin.

The problem may be related to the fact that REL Ltd. was struck off and dissolved on 02/12/2008 according to Companies House. :lol:

It can't be a simple as that... Surely, after all the thorough checks by the skates!

This court hearing takes on the wider aspects of not just allowing PKF to sell the ground and set the value but to ensure those due to buy it are able to do so?

11:27

Mark: For those who have recently joined us, lack of action here right now is because we have an adjournment at court. Judge expected to resume hearing soon and rule on whether or not case can proceed today. Very possible that the hearing will be adjourned for 28 days

28DaysTeaser1-610x406.jpg

Edited by Lazlo78

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})