Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

TRUST, some advice for you - Chinney is NOT going away, nor will he give up ' I will get my money, I am secure'

Secondly, despite it being close to criminal the creditors seem to have accepted around 500K the 0.02p in the pound....

Work with CHINNEY - its the only way - agree to buy the club for a quid, get out of Admin and stop ****ing money into the pockets of and admin - come to a settlement figure with chinney maybe agree on 8mil or so.

Agree he will get half of that in cash on parachute payent, the rest of which will go to football creditors - agree a SOLID repayment plan for the remianing 4mil or so to ex players and rental purchase scheme with chinney for his remining cash - say 400k a year for 10 years - bite the fricken bullet.

Its the only way - see this as a LONG TERM plan and stop dreaming of rapid promotion and slleeping giant nonsense, you know its bull, and only an inferiort complex - real football fans dont give a sheidt about the 'size' of tehir club relative to anyone else rivals or otherwise - they support and are proud of it. Get some credibilty and self respect back and you have a future. Delusion and dreaming and lack of self awareness fuelled by the uber numpty in the media will lead to nothing more than liquidation.

These two lines are very revealing

The high net worths are continuing to fund the club and will be funding the club through to the next court case.

‘We started seven weeks ago - since the middle of October. We are bridging the losses.

That is pretty serious and implies any feckup on the next court case and it could be Morphy Richards glowing/Susan Boyle gargling time at last

The word BRIDGING is even more telling!

They aren't ploughing money in willy nilly, they are merely loaning it to the club! However, much like the pledges to the PDT, since there is nothing left to secure those loans on, they may as well set fire to a big pile of cash in a skip.

The losses whilst in admin are apparently close to £1 million!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/364794/Portsmouth-saved-from-liquidation-as-loyal-fans-inject-another-1m

How can an administrator allow that to happen? Shouldn't he be cutting costs?

Didn't we establish, a long long time ago when this saga began, that administrators are liable for any losses incurred whilst in administration?

The losses whilst in admin are apparently close to £1 million!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/364794/Portsmouth-saved-from-liquidation-as-loyal-fans-inject-another-1m

How can an administrator allow that to happen? Shouldn't he be cutting costs?

From a purely administration point of view, the club hasn't lost £1m (but only due to the £1m cash injection.)

At the moment, it's not the administrator's money at risk, but the people that have injected that £1m.

That's the only reason the plug hasn't been pulled yet.

Bear with me; this is a radical idea. But if they're losing so much money, why don't they get rid of their high earning players and either get some (much) cheaper ones or, God forbid, play some of the kids??

Haha! I see what you did there! Page 25 called, and wants it's post back!

Bear with me; this is a radical idea. But if they're losing so much money, why don't they get rid of their high earning players and either get some (much) cheaper ones or, God forbid, play some of the kids??

If only someone had thought of this before!

thing in, they have a couple of decent players for that league...surely, the donnys, tranmeres etc could get a decent player for their run ins, for nothing

I've seen them play twice this season. Brian Howard is hated down there, but he's far too good for League 1. Izale McLeod is one of the top scorers in the league (he's pretty hated too; can you see a pattern developing?). Gyepes is/was a Hungarian international, Lee Williamson was wanted by Sheff Utd and other top clubs at the start of the season. And yes; all of their players except a couple of youngsters can walk away for free and join another club in January (while Pompey can't offer them anything longer than a 1 month contract until they get taken over).

With that kind of original thinking you must be some sort of drugged up hippy, right? No way a football club can be run like that, no way man!!!

Sat smuggly across from a skate now. He's not a happy bunny now these loans have been revealed. He's also not converting his £100 into £1000. :D

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

And why would you, for goodness sake??!! If an administrator can't level the ship and racks up debts of £1M (plus God knows whatever they're taking out in fees) then what hope does a bunch of potless amateurs have? I very much admire the determination and effort the PDT have put in; but (as predicted many, many, many time) they really should have taken the hit, folded, wiped out all previous debts and started from scratch. They were too desperate to cling on to their golden share to do that, and are being slowly killed because of it.

And why would you, for goodness sake??!! If an administrator can't level the ship and racks up debts of £1M (plus God knows whatever they're taking out in fees) then what hope does a bunch of potless amateurs have? I very much admire the determination and effort the PDT have put in; but (as predicted many, many, many time) they really should have taken the hit, folded, wiped out all previous debts and started from scratch. They were too desperate to cling on to their golden share to do that, and are being slowly killed because of it.

I can't see Pompey in their current form surviving, but who out of them will have the money or the will to carry on with a phoenix club once this farce has played out?

Can someone give provide a summary of how news of these things is going down on POL...

- the £2m floating charge that PKF missed

- the nearly £1m spent by the "high net worths" in order to keep a business in administration going for the last 7 weeks

- the Stuart Robinson issue

- the general level of confidence in the trust's ability other than to look like a bunch of amateurs that mean well, but haven't a clue

- anything else of note

Edited by Matthew Le God

Trust us, they shouted, trust us we can save this mess, we can salvage our situation, in a new and clear age of prosperity we will be the darlings again, we shall be the darlings and envy of the entire footballing world.

A community owned football club, a shining beacon and pinnacle of the footballing world. One built on trust, on clarity, on sincerity and honour. Shedding the past, shedding the murky waters that have clouded our recent past and tarnished our recent glories. Shedding that muck and proving we were not a flash in a pan, that we will rise again.

Oh to dream an impossible dream.

The poor standard of administrator is where I do have some sympathy for Pompey, Birch and Andronikou were appalling as officers of the court supposedly meant to be working in the interests of all the creditors. They clearly haven't been up to scratch.

This administrator won an award for his work in football, maybe Pompey should give him a ring...

Actually wait, he is the one that also cocked up and let the Fialka/Pinacle/Le Tissier take-overs have preference over Liebherr and delayed the Swiss takeover from happening for weeks. In which case, how did he win that award?! Maybe all football administrators are **** by definition!

If (when) this all goes tits-up, the trust won't have the backing of the fans to take the lead in the launch of a phoenix club. Considering all the usual activists are involved in this, that pretty much leaves nobody to pick up the baton.

I recall someone posting a link to story or blog on here a year or so ago about a woman fan who had started to lay the foundation for setting up a Phoenix club with friends and/or associates. I seem to remember her saying that she had nothing to do with the trust and was effectively waiting for the club to be liquidated before stepping in....or did I dream all that?

Strikes me that Trev was the HMRC's choice of administrator at the Court hearing.

What if he is actually Agent Terv??

The thought has crossed my mind on several occasions. He did come close (ish) to being chairman of Saints a few years back after all...

I wonder how much longer Trevor and his company will be allowed to continue? To me, looking at the situation

from afar, they seem to be making a very very poor job of helping all creditors.Whilst charging a fortune using money

that could have gone to those same creditors how come those creditors haven't approached the Court months

ago to get someone else in? I know Chinnie is not liked but if I was a creditor I would have swallowed my pride and

joined him in his effort to get rid of Trevor. Oh yes and I am surprised HMRC let him carry on unless Trev is paying them

lots of tax of course :lol:

Three interviews from today, all three are very delusional to varying levels about a number of issues...

Supporters' Trust spokesperson Colin Farmery

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1114715-pompey-supporters-trust-spokesperson-colin-farmery-speaking-on-football-hour-14-dec

Portsmouth North MP Penny Mordaunt

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1114734-portsmouth-north-mp-penny-mordaunt-speaking-on-football-hour-14-dec-pompey

SOS Pompey’s Bob Beech

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1114740-sos-pompey-s-bob-beech-speaking-on-football-hour-14-dec-pompey

Wahay!! Tricky Trev and PKF's f*ck up has just hit hard.

Portpin later issued a statement, saying:

"The proposed purchaser of the stadium was simply not in a position to fund the purchase even at the minimum price PST offered. This has been a huge waste of time and money. Legal costs of around £400,000 have been awarded to us against the administrators, money that we are going to pursue administrators personally through the courts, to do all we can to ensure that the club does not have to pay.

"In what has already been the most expensive and longest running administration in the history of English football, there can be no further delays if this club is to survive."

Translation: "There can be no further delays if we are going to be able to trouser February's parachute payments."

Ironic isn't it that come February, and the last parachute payment, the HNW individuals will be all over it to recoup their 'bridging' loans - just like Chinny would.

Nothing has really changed there at all has it?

Mark your calendars, fellow nutjobs. February is going to be fun! :D

february.gif

Because they know full well, just as we do, that then they'd most likely lose every one of their games for the rest of their existence in L1 & attendances would drop further still, thus resulting in complete financial meltdown and ending with their prompt extinction.

Statement from Portpin:

“There was a fundamental flaw at the heart of the administrators’ case, even before the issue regarding the valuation of Fratton Park came up in court. The proposed purchaser of the stadium was simply not in a position to fund the purchase even at the minimum price PST offered. This has been a huge waste of time and money. Legal costs of around £400,000 have been awarded to us against the administrators, money that we are going to pursue administrators personally through the courts, to do all we can to ensure that the Club does not have to pay. Portpin has offered to replace the administrator and to fund the administration until a fully funded buyer can be found, but to date the administrators have not taken us up on this offer. PKF have admitted in their application that they will run out of funds by the 21st of December. In what has already been the most expensive and longest running administration in the history of English football, there can be no further delays if this Club is to survive.”

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kbm180

I just listened to a bit of an interview with, I think, Colin Farmery, on the wireless. I'm sure I heard him refer to a problem that Stuart was lookin to do wiv the administrator to purchase Fratton Park, wot they only found out about on Wednesday night.

Now I might be a bit slow on the uptake, but I thought that:

1. Birch was selling everything to the Trust, and;

2. Everything was agreed in a conditional sale agreement, except the price for Fratton Park

i suppose it is futile to expect even a modicum of integrity from anybody involved down there.

Because they know full well, just as we do, that then they'd most likely lose every one of their games for the rest of their existence in L1 & attendances would drop further still, thus resulting in complete financial meltdown and ending with their prompt extinction.

But why should that be a problem, when the Chairman of the Supporter's Trust has gone on the record tonight to reassure everybody how very conservative all their projections are, and how they can ride any storm.

I don't buy that. At all.

According to Pompey fans they sold around 8,000 season tickets this season. And the cash for those gets released on a game by game basis, as the games are played; so that's the bulk of ticket money coming in to them on a regular basis (whether the ST holders turn up or not). Pompey's last 2 or 3 games have averaged around 11 thousand; take off the 8,000 ST holders and lets say 500 away fans, there's a balance of 2,500 customers who buy a ticket for a game. So, if they played the kids, they're at risk of losing up to 2,500 ticket sales. At a ticket price of £20 (which is generous), and with 23 home games in 9 months a home game just under every 2 weeks, so probably around £30,000 per week in ticket sales; that's only 9 or 10 players, and they've got double that on the staff!!

That's fag packet maths in the extreme; but there's a financial case to be made for binning off all of the playing staff when their contracts next expire and saving on 18 or 19 sizeable salaries. Even if it means they only get the season ticket money and away fans money, they could actually save money!!

Edited by The Kraken