Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

If Neil Allen and the others had made a contribution I'd expect them to keep it quiet if they have any sense. If Chainrai ends up in charge again, the News has to deal with it. Arguably Allen's public position on that point is already a problem for the News. I'd expect Chainrai to ban him from the ground and ban his manager and players from speaking to Allen. Allen could be out of a job.

Therein lies the problem. Allen got completely carried away by the wave of emotion from Pompey fans deseperate for a change from the old routine. Instead of treating both bids with objectivity, he lumped all in with the Trust and decided the best way forward was many public denigrations of Chainrai and Portpin. Fair enough for the man in the street; a truly imbecilic decision from a supposedly independent journalist.

So. Even the News Journos, who promote the Anyone but Chanrai campaign will not stump up real money to save the club that gives them their income.

Why are we not surprised? Since day one it has been give us money because we deserve it. Possibly the WORST example of New Britain's "Entitlement" culture on record.

We are approaching 1600 pages of epic hilarity. All because not ONCE has any one down that end of the M27 LISTENED TO ANY ADVICE.

It is everyone else's fault, not theirs.

I feel tremendously sad for my skate mates, true fans who gave up going when the sh1t hit the fan and they realised what a con they had been victims of. I feel tremendously sad for the family of the fan who passed away.

But, the underlying fact is, that for almost 80,000 posts, we have simply sat here and stated the bleedin' obvious.

Dear skates. If someone 3,500 miles away could see what was coming, and some 80,000 posts have given you advice, I guess none of you are going to listen when we say

WE

TOLD

YOU

SO

Why oh why did you not start the Pheonix club? You lost Nottarf and all your history 3 years ago.

Your ONLY salvation now is the Bulldozer and praying that somebody can find an old Subbuteo stadium on ebay.

Wake up, smell the coffee and work to a realistic solution.

But you won't will you.

You just love getting butt f\/cked more than Bearsy's Anastasia

Has dubai phil got asperger's syndrome?

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's syndrome or Asperger disorder, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development. Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical (peculiar, odd) use of language are frequently reported

Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's syndrome or Asperger disorder, is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction, alongside restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development. Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical (peculiar, odd) use of language are frequently reported

Yep

Why do people so often find it appropriate to joke about posters having autism or aspergers?

Really odd.

joking apart & without wishing to go O/T, its been hypothesised that the Newtown gunman had AS: my eldest son is AS & I may be undiagnosed AS. I don't find AS hugely funny

As long as you don't have access to a gun or two, there's nothing to worry about.

I'd suggest that autism is one for another thread. I prefer to consider Skateism as a purely local affliction that pervades perfectly otherwise normal people. Skateism is a hereditary condition but, while hard to cure and live with, can be overcome.

I'd suggest that autism is one for another thread. I prefer to consider Skateism as a purely local affliction that pervades perfectly otherwise normal people. Skateism is a hereditary condition but, while hard to cure, can be overcome.

Yes, although that appears to require a significant shift in mindset from almost wholly deluded to at least partially objective

I'm way beyond needing a sign to hold up these days.

Back on topic, the main point is still

Dear Skates.

It can get worse.

Happy Christmas

Phil is doing a great job in piquing my curiosity. Without wishing to go all 50 shades, I can hardly wait to hear what they've got in store for them next :)

Edited by Waterside.saint

From POLOf course the stadium would be needed, a CITY of portsmouth sizes needs a BIGGER not smaller stadium regardless if we have to spend a few years in the non league, this isnt some backward village in the middle of no where

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that from Mr Disgusted? I'm absolutely sure he's one of us on a wind up; he cracks me up.

joking apart & without wishing to go O/T, its been hypothesised that the Newtown gunman had AS: my eldest son is AS & I may be undiagnosed AS. I don't find AS hugely funny

It's in my family and I do. If you can't laugh at stuff, you may as well top yourself cause life will get you down otherwise.

No not Mr Disgusted but obviously a Mr Very Thick

He goes on...

Plus it is very shortsighted, as no fratton park means a lot less income coming into the city as half of the fans dont even live on the island, so over a season thats 100,000-150,000 next visiting the city based on gates of 10k, so local businesses will feel the impact.

No not Mr Disgusted but obviously a Mr Very Thick

He goes on...

Ah its Pompey Mart. He had a bit of a breakdown on there the other day when it was announced that the minus 10 would definitely hit in. In fact he said that was it; he wouldn't be supporting Pompey ever again if they accepted those conditions from the FL. I'm guessing he's dialled down the rhetoric a little bit since, bless him. He was one that I used to enjoy winding up on there when I used to post incognito; he took the bait every time in true meltdown fashion. He's never too far away from throwing all of his toys out of the pram, its quite impressive to watch sometimes.

It's in my family and I do. If you can't laugh at stuff, you may as well top yourself cause life will get you down otherwise.

In the 90's I was diagnosed with Asperger's. Today however the medical profession feel that it's actually a seperate segment of Hydrocephalus often called "Cocktail party syndrome" and to be fair, I agree that you can't really take it too seriously although if we don't want to get into this debate it might be best not to bring it up again.

Ah its Pompey Mart. He had a bit of a breakdown on there the other day when it was announced that the minus 10 would definitely hit in. In fact he said that was it; he wouldn't be supporting Pompey ever again if they accepted those conditions from the FL. I'm guessing he's dialled down the rhetoric a little bit since, bless him. He was one that I used to enjoy winding up on there when I used to post incognito; he took the bait every time in true meltdown fashion. He's never too far away from throwing all of his toys out of the pram, its quite impressive to watch sometimes.

It seldom ends well when people take themselves too seriously

With numpties like AlbanBlue putting the case for the PST I can't believe they haven't had all the pledges converted..

AlbanBlue on POL Jeez, you are one arrogant sod ain't ya?

The Trust doesn't have to prove fook all to you, who do you think you are ffs?

If you're not happy about investing.....DON'T

This in reply to PompeyMart asking for some clarification on the business plan !! Looking forward to his meltdown....

While I expect to get nowt out of Phil, is he going to say now if Chinny is a good idea or still to be considered as Devil-spawn by the blue phew (sic)?

As for AS: seems it's actually pretty common and most people who have it at the lower end of the spectrum are just 'odd'. So perhaps...

And doesn't this Sarah woman have something to do with the small group that want to, and have for some time now, set up a phoenix club? And finally, does it now look as though that is how things'll pan out up there?

With numpties like AlbanBlue putting the case for the PST I can't believe they haven't had all the pledges converted..

AlbanBlue on POL Jeez, you are one arrogant sod ain't ya?

The Trust doesn't have to prove fook all to you, who do you think you are ffs?

If you're not happy about investing.....DON'T

This in reply to PompeyMart asking for some clarification on the business plan !! Looking forward to his meltdown....

Interesting take from this dumb skate. Mind you if they are that stupid to invest in something without all of the facts then they (the fans, investors and the club) deserve each other.

If Neil Allen and the others had made a contribution I'd expect them to keep it quiet if they have any sense. If Chainrai ends up in charge again, the News has to deal with it. Arguably Allen's public position on that point is already a problem for the News. I'd expect Chainrai to ban him from the ground and ban his manager and players from speaking to Allen. Allen could be out of a job.

Actually I don't think Chinny gives a toss about that. I don't think his plans for Cheats FC extend much further than February. I agree though, that Allen may be looking for work soon afterwards. :D

Actually I don't think Chinny gives a toss about that. I don't think his plans for Cheats FC extend much further than February. I agree though, that Allen may be looking for work soon afterwards. :D

Perhaps The Echo could employ him as their non-league reporter, surely they would only have to

pay junior rates??

To be fair, The News' Sports section is pretty non-league already & has been for some months: for example, online today they have two downbeat Pompey articles and three about non-league-but-still-mighty Gosport Borough, Hawks and AFC Portchester

To be fair, The News' Sports section is pretty non-league already & has been for some months: for example, online today they have two downbeat Pompey articles and three about non-league-but-still-mighty Gosport Borough, Hawks and AFC Portchester

forward planning