Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have we played this game before...

Should this thread ever actually "end" and be moved to the Golden Threads forum. What would you like the final post to be before it is closed? Ideally it should be from Fitzhugh Fella as he started the thread and would bookend it nicely.

Wittiest answer/picture/video wins a signed copy of MLG's attendance tables vol. 1 - 42.

The perfect gift for any Portsmouth child this Christmas.

A calendar for 2013 with none of the players on it to be contracted to the club by the end of January...

A-PAzxJCcAAO1bA.jpg:medium

Am I right in thinking that 'August Skate' is actually wearing another teams shirt ?

You can see the lady with legs akimbo on the side but from that angle, obviously not the Gobshyte logo, it just looks a different colour to me !

Might be wrong but I wouldn't put it past them to fill the space with a ringer !!

Am I right in thinking that 'August Skate' is actually wearing another teams shirt ?

You can see the lady with legs akimbo on the side but from that angle, obviously not the Gobshyte logo, it just looks a different colour to me !

Might be wrong but I wouldn't put it past them to fill the space with a ringer !!

Oh give them a break. They had to cut back so much they have to use pictures taken by mobile phones for all their promo work & marketing.

It's not their fault they still only have an old Nokia E51, it's all they found down the back of the sofa after AA sold everything 2 admins ago.

Should this thread ever actually "end" and be moved to the Golden Threads forum. What would you like the final post to be before it is closed? Ideally it should be from Fitzhugh Fella as he started the thread and would bookend it nicely.

Wittiest answer/picture/video wins a signed copy of MLG's attendance tables vol. 1 - 42.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

What's second prize....? :)

Actually, that calendar could end up being quite a collector's item....a bit like King Edward VIII coronation mugs.....mugs being the operative word of course...
Just to inform, King Edward VIII coronation mugs are not rare or that valuable. They are worth a bit more when they have the wording 'abdicated' on. ...but i get your drift

And we enter into page 1600 discussing why Trousers is pouring Bovril onto his keyboard

Great

Considering how many computer keyboards rallyboy has indirectly destroyed throughout this thread, I wouldn't mind betting computer keyboard production is one of the few growth industries right now.

Of course we could be discussing far more interesting info right now ;)

Just to inform, King Edward VIII coronation mugs are not rare or that valuable. They are worth a bit more when they have the wording 'abdicated' on. ...but i get your drift

So you're telling me that job lot I bought down Peckham market are worthless? FFS.... ;)

3751677.png

BID UPDATE FROM PST

After a very busy few days we would like to provide our supporters with more information on last week's court case.

The court action is between administrators PKF and Portpin. Whilst PST is obviously a very interested third party, we are not directly involved in the case. Therefore, it is impossible for us to provide full commentary, or reveal confidential information which has yet to be heard in court.

This is a live court case and we are sure fans will understand why we cannot say anything at this stage which might adversely affect the outcome.

Whilst it was very frustrating to be subject to a last-minute problem which was outside our control, we have used the last 48 hours to ensure our plans are flexible enough to accommodate different outcomes if we need to, in what the judge has described as a 'fluid' situation.

We will update you further as soon as circumstances permit, but, for now, we can assure you of three things;

1. We have the funding to succeed, providing we continue to convert pledges. Our individual 'high net worth' investors have lodged a seven figure sum in escrow, and pledges are coming in ahead of target. And, of course, your money less the small administration fee will be returned if our bid is unsuccessful.

2. Our bid has the confidence of the administrators and the Football League. That has not changed.

3. We fully expect to be the next owners of PFC, and believe we will proceed with the purchase of the club in the next few weeks.

We are extremely grateful to our 'Presidents' - the high net worth supporters of our bid who have funded the club in recent and future weeks whilst the court action takes place. Once again, Pompey fans have stood up to be counted to save the football club.

They believe we will succeed, and so does every member of our bid and advisory teams.

Nobody said this would be easy. Portpin, as the largest secured creditor, was never going to walk away quietly. We have a range of back-up options to deploy if any element of this complex project runs into problems.

In the meantime, the PST team is working night and day to make sure we are ready to secure the future of our football club at the earliest opportunity.

Your pledges, conversions and support take us a step closer every day to turning this club around. Thank you for your terrific support, and we promise to provide a fuller update as soon as we are able to.

If this thread ever does end (hah!) it should be FF bookending it and ending it with just a Spike Milligan misquote.

'I told you they were ill'

:D

That is another very good entry to the competition.

Plus, we already know Spike Milligan didn't like Portsmouth...

Edited by Matthew Le God

BID UPDATE FROM PST

After a very busy few days we would like to provide our supporters with more information on last week's court case.

The court action is between administrators PKF and Portpin. Whilst PST is obviously a very interested third party, we are not directly involved in the case. Therefore, it is impossible for us to provide full commentary, or reveal confidential information which has yet to be heard in court.

This is a live court case and we are sure fans will understand why we cannot say anything at this stage which might adversely affect the outcome.

Whilst it was very frustrating to be subject to a last-minute problem which was outside our control, we have used the last 48 hours to ensure our plans are flexible enough to accommodate different outcomes if we need to, in what the judge has described as a 'fluid' situation.

We will update you further as soon as circumstances permit, but, for now, we can assure you of three things;

1. We have the funding to succeed, providing we continue to convert pledges. Our individual 'high net worth' investors have lodged a seven figure sum in escrow, and pledges are coming in ahead of target. And, of course, your money less the small administration fee will be returned if our bid is unsuccessful.

2. Our bid has the confidence of the administrators and the Football League. That has not changed.

3. We fully expect to be the next owners of PFC, and believe we will proceed with the purchase of the club in the next few weeks.

We are extremely grateful to our 'Presidents' - the high net worth supporters of our bid who have funded the club in recent and future weeks whilst the court action takes place. Once again, Pompey fans have stood up to be counted to save the football club.

They believe we will succeed, and so does every member of our bid and advisory teams.

Nobody said this would be easy. Portpin, as the largest secured creditor, was never going to walk away quietly. We have a range of back-up options to deploy if any element of this complex project runs into problems.

In the meantime, the PST team is working night and day to make sure we are ready to secure the future of our football club at the earliest opportunity.

Your pledges, conversions and support take us a step closer every day to turning this club around. Thank you for your terrific support, and we promise to provide a fuller update as soon as we are able to.

Pledges being converted ahead of target? Isn't that a bit like asking Ivan Ukhov to clear a height of 0.37m...?

"We have the funding to succeed, provided we continue to convert pledges" = "we don't have the funding yet so that's why the adjournment was actually a blessing in disguise as we were screwed if we'd got the green light but we're still screwed anyway as we are never going to raise enough money and our property developer super PFC fan mate has no money".

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Been deep in #Pompey penalty research today. Anyone recall if Halford ever missed a penalty? And was Brighton Lawrence’s only miss?

So the world's bestest journalist, despite having done 'research' all day, still has to ask his followers to help him out :lol: :facepalm:

Perhaps MLG can help with his queries

.... We have a range of back-up options to deploy if any element of this complex project runs into problems.

Ah, that's lucky. They still have a range of cunning plans to deploy.

That will make Oldnick rest easier.

Clearly the team that came up with the Santa suits have been on the ideas juice again.

Can't wait

1. We have the funding to succeed, providing we continue to convert pledges.

I would have thought most willing to chuck a grand in the bucket would have done it by now. Waiting until after a court case that could have got them liquidated seems an odd strategy for a potential 'investor'.

They are obviously way short of their target so they've delayed the court case while they beg to the rich skates and try to re-arrange the terms with the property developer.

I would have thought most willing to chuck a grand in the bucket would have done it by now. Waiting until after a court case that could have got them liquidated seems an odd strategy for a potential 'investor'.

They are obviously way short of their target so they've delayed the court case while they beg to the rich skates and try to re-arrange the terms with the property developer.

And which property developer would that be?

The imaginary one that's going to come along or the one who appears to have not actually done any deal with TB?

I see conservative MPs are calling for an enquiry about how the Comet collapse will cost the taxpayer £50m. I remember another conservative MP not giving a **** about a certain other organisation screwing taxpayers out of a lot more.

I heard that and thought that at least Comet were a national company with those losses and not a small regional island that has screwed HMRC.

What on Earth is this man wittering on about...?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-0-preston-0-1-4593397

That's quite possibly one of the worst written pieces of sports drivel I've ever read. The one sentence paragraphs are bad enough, but the actual written prose is so poorly executed. And how seriously does Neil Allen take himself??!! Really, really bad writing.

@pn_neil_allen: Emotional & touching words from Gyepes in tomorrow's paper on why he could quit #Pompey as he misses family in Hungary. Wonderful honesty.

Surely parody at its finest. I had no idea that moving to Leicester, Exeter or any one of 40 odd lg1 or championship clubs were all thast much closer to Hungary.

What on Earth is this man wittering on about...?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-0-preston-0-1-4593397

That's quite possibly one of the worst written pieces of sports drivel I've ever read. The one sentence paragraphs are bad enough, but the actual written prose is so poorly executed. And how seriously does Neil Allen take himself??!! Really, really bad writing.

I got this far before becoming unable to continue due to laughing too much:

"a fleeting moment which would serve as a microcosm of Pompey’s week" - According to Wikipedia, 'Microcosm, how a large world/society can be illustrated in the form of a small world (as opposed to a macrocosm)' - a moment in time cannot be any kind of society

"The optimism was immense" - According to the OED, 'optimism' is a noun indicating a particular doctrine, view or belief. To my knowledge, one cannnot have an 'immense' doctrine, view or belief

Legend.