Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I believe The9 alluded to it earlier but from what I've heard, Mr Robinson is hoping to shortly complete a lucrative deal in the Birmingham area, selling some land he owns to a developer who wants to build a new conference venue, and so would then comfortably have the cash, and who knows what other deals he has on the go. As much as I laughed when I first heard some of his company figures, I believe he probably has more than enough cash... it's just whether he wants to go through with it or not.

Same with the other wise men in their saviour group.

Easy to put a few £s to date.

What will happen when they are finally expected to show the colour of their money big time.

I still have my doubts.

Believe... some still hoping for an idiot to arrive with big bunce to save their skin.:rolleyes:

Or they expected far bigger turn out from the bestest 250,000 fans still camped down on Southsea Common.:D

As someone stated there is still a massive shortfall of monies and the day of reckoning is nigh:)

Mind you..Friday may go with a big bang and save us all the worry of xmas...........................

Edited by ottery st mary

I believe The9 alluded to it earlier but from what I've heard, Mr Robinson is hoping to shortly complete a lucrative deal in the Birmingham area, selling some land he owns to a developer who wants to build a new conference venue, and so would then comfortably have the cash, and who knows what other deals he has on the go. As much as I laughed when I first heard some of his company figures, I believe he probably has more than enough cash... it's just whether he wants to go through with it or not.

Doesn't Mr Robinson have a Southampton address ??

This may be the reason, He is the Uber mole in the system he will eventually have a statue alongside Ted

Nagoya blue ‏@nagoyapompey

@Lord_Trousers @Pompeys12thMan scummer trousers, why do you care? Get back on #scumweb and get posting on your massive masturbation thread.

:lol:

@nagoyapompey

Oh thats easy, we care because your frantic efforts to escape the self-inflicted predicament in which you find yourselves are comedy gold and we can hardly wait for the next installment :D

Doesn't Mr Robinson have a Southampton address ??

This may be the reason, He is the Uber mole in the system he will eventually have a statue alongside Ted

It's a SO post code, and a rather large estate (actually huge) just outside Bishops Waltham where unfortunately it's 50 / 50 mix of Skates and Saints. Mind you the kids who play for the local football team seam to be wearing less blue these days.....

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan If "purchase not dependant on pledges" I don't see how it affects court case dealing with purchase. Not clear, that's all.

Sj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell

@Lord_Trousers@Pompeys12thMan Then - Purchase of stadium not dependant on pledges = Robinson. Purchase of club from HNW money in escrow.

Translation anyone?

Translation anyone?

Think he is saying:

Purchase of stadium is not dependent on pledges, as it is being purchased by Mr Robinson

Purchase of the club is being made from money held in escrow which has been put there by the HNW individuals.

Which would all rather tend to support the point you are making to him...

Think he is saying:

Purchase of stadium is not dependent on pledges, as it is being purchased by Mr Robinson

Purchase of the club is being made from money held in escrow which has been put there by the HNW individuals.

That's how I read it too, with an added caveat that stadium is being purchased by Robinson IF the valuation is what he/they want it to be AND his planned deal to raise funds goes through AND he can't think of an excuse not to go through with it without losing face.

The money from the HNWs is available already to buy the club.

Then the pledges will only be needed for the day day running of the club.

So they are home and dry. It's all over bar the final paperwork. They've got away with it.

Course, we've got no idea what will happen in the second week when the pledged money runs out. ;)

Think he is saying:

Cheers. (He is a she btw) :)

It's a SO post code, and a rather large estate (actually huge) just outside Bishops Waltham where unfortunately it's 50 / 50 mix of Skates and Saints. Mind you the kids who play for the local football team seam to be wearing less blue these days.....

I live pretty much in BW, where does he live then out of interest? My GF has just done up some big houses round there.

Mind you the kids who play for the local football team seam to be wearing less blue these days.....

The kids that play before and after our thursday night training sessions there are no portsmouth shirts to be seen, but a lot of the red is still Utd and Liverpool sadly.

Nagoya blue ‏@nagoyapompey

@Lord_Trousers @Pompeys12thMan scummer trousers, why do you care? Get back on #scumweb and get posting on your massive masturbation thread.

Seems a bit funny for Nagoya to get so upset about this; she cared enough about SFC a few weeks back to start throwing a few accusations around about SFC being completely up the spout financially due to our £30M loan we'd just taken out. But then proper maths and football club debt never really went hand in hand with the Pompey "faithful", so its understandable enough I guess. And the notion that we plan to actually pay our debt back must be a confusing idea to them. Bless.

Couple of questions

Does the 4-1 figure often mentioned by Pompey fans actually equate to the number of Admins suffered by both clubs?

Also am I right to recollect that during one of the earlier Pompey admins there was the offer of a helping hand, financially, from a group of well meaning Saints fans?

Wasn't this rejected along with comments alonf the lines of ...'we don't need no help from no Scummahs'....

Also am I right to recollect that during one of the earlier Pompey admins there was the offer of a helping hand, financially, from a group of well meaning Saints fans?

Wasn't this rejected along with comments alonf the lines of ...'we don't need no help from no Scummahs'....

That can't be true. Everyone knows that those fackin' scummahs never did nuffink when their club went into administration. Apart from the SOS campaign, apart from the bucket rattling before every game that raised thousands, apart from Leon Crouch paying hundreds of thousands to supplement the staff wages, and apart from listening to the administrator who stated that there were numerous offers to take over the club including one from a benevolent Swiss billionaire. Apart from all that, of course, the facking scummahs did fack all.

I see they're getting their excuses in early for the poor support at Swindon and Walsall

800 sold alread another 200 being sent

Pompey Invasion

I heard the Police are only allowing Swindon to sell us a max of 1k tickets?

Could I interest you fellows to come along to Walsall away if an away day on New Years isn't appealing to you? Only 142 seats sold for that.. I'm going and I do like to go with a decent following[/quote

Friday night is bad enough, on Sky will put a lot off too and so close after to xmas is a killer.

I suppose they've all spent their money on pledges so shouldn't laugh really :D:lol::D:lol:

Couple of questions

Does the 4-1 figure often mentioned by Pompey fans actually equate to the number of Admins suffered by both clubs?

Lol at the 4-1 comment.

I think I saw a post on the News site to the effect that a group of about 20 saints fans had pledged and paid up a £1000 between them, because they don't want PFC to disappear and have no one to laugh at any more!

the 4-1 in that season referred to four fake owners and one billionaire.

As for Wiltshire Police stopping pompey taking more that 1,000 to Swindon, that would make sense as they are way too passionate, bestest and noisy for mere mortals to cope with, and some of the home players as well as all officials will be overawed by playing in such a hostile atmosphere, it wouldn't be fair.

It sounds like Walsall away will be like a television reconstruction of World Cup 78 too - we just need Kempes and another 120,000 sheets of shredded A4 and the image will be complete.

It's all gone a bit sad and deluded - a little club on the slide that refuses to accept that it is now even smaller than the likes of Crawley and Stevenage, and in PR they still pretend to be bigger than Exeter.

Some of you are just plain cruel.

the 4-1 in that season referred to four fake owners and one billionaire.

As for Wiltshire Police stopping pompey taking more that 1,000 to Swindon, that would make sense as they are way too passionate, bestest and noisy for mere mortals to cope with, and some of the home players as well as all officials will be overawed by playing in such a hostile atmosphere, it wouldn't be fair.

It sounds like Walsall away will be like a television reconstruction of World Cup 78 too - we just need Kempes and another 120,000 sheets of shredded A4 and the image will be complete.

It's all gone a bit sad and deluded - a little club on the slide that refuses to accept that it is now even smaller than the likes of Crawley and Stevenage, and in PR they still pretend to be bigger than Exeter.

Some of you are just plain cruel.

Perhaps its more that they've been sad & delusional for quite some time: Rallyboy's quip about 4-1 referring to four fake owners and one billionaire is of course right on the money. I think its become a habit that most of them now find it difficult if not impossible to break

The wordng regarding the needing of pledges now as oppposed to future use has indeed changed and first came out in Mcinnes update earlier this week.

I think there might be something to this portpin 2 million pound charge .........

Edited by Gemmel

The wordng regarding the needing of pledges now as oppposed to future use has indeed changed and first came out in Mcinnes update earlier this week.

I think there might be something to this portpin 2 million pound charge .........

Simply put, they need to find an extra £2m that they hadn't budgeted for.

Happy days.

Edited by View From The Top

So long and thanks for all the fish.

That links in nicely with the prize, cleverly done Andy. ;)

To be fair, I think that MUST have done before somewhere in the 1600 pages

I think the first person to have used that phrase on this thread should get the prize. Somewhere on page 17 I think. ;)

Talking about early posts, this is quite amusing from page 3 (08/08/2009 - yes, 3 years ago):

Perhaps it's best to rephrase the question as I did to pfc123 (I've added stadium):

Suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, facilities and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/sho...&postcount=260

No, because there's a good chance that we'll still be in a higher league than you...

:lol::lol::lol:

So where is pfc123 nowadays?

Ah, it was Birmingham, was it ? Thought it was London - possibly as that's where I was when I was told. Cheers for clarifying - as I know we'll have heard it from the same person! ;)

I live pretty much in BW, where does he live then out of interest? My GF has just done up some big houses round there.

The kids that play before and after our thursday night training sessions there are no portsmouth shirts to be seen, but a lot of the red is still Utd and Liverpool sadly.

If you head out of BW up Beeches Hill it's on the junction with the Morestead Road towards Winchester. I think it's the Bellemoor estate (nothing to do with the school in Shirley!)

I'm reckoning if Dumbeya says that there are a few "disheartened" souls, it will be a mass exodus for those that have a six-month deals elsewhere lined up. He mentioned players with families in Liverpool and Sheffield in the News article. So at the least, that indicates that Lee Williamson is fed up and wants to go back to Sheffield. Remember, Williamson is the man who turned down a contract extension at Sheff Utd in the summer for better wages elsewhere! Thus scotching the publicly avowed Pompey low pay policy at one stroke.

Edited by TopGun

I had another chat with my contact at Begbies Traynor who are advising the Pompey Trust, yesterday. Interestingly, he said that there was "pots of money" coming in from the fans, which is being deposited in escrow. Begbies Traynor are disappointed that the Trust did not take advantage of the Councils funding offer they managed to negotiate on their behalf and they said that it was now too late to receive that loan. He agreed with my theory that Stuart Robinson could not raise the funds to buy Fratton. The Trust is just not a good bet for a landlord, particularly to one that is relying heavily on bank financing. The picture painted was very much one of the Trust members all being more interested in being on the board, than facing the business challanges of a football club and they just don't have the knowledge or experience required.

The parting comment on what was the most likely outcome was the same as last time we talked. Liquidation...

I had another chat with my contact at Begbies Traynor who are advising the Pompey Trust, yesterday. Interestingly, he said that there was "pots of money" coming in from the fans, which is being deposited in escrow. Begbies Traynor are disappointed that the Trust did not take advantage of the Councils funding offer they managed to negotiate on their behalf and they said that it was now too late to receive that loan. He agreed with my theory that Stuart Robinson could not raise the funds to buy Fratton. The Trust is just not a good bet for a landlord, particularly to one that is relying heavily on bank financing. The picture painted was very much one of the Trust members all being more interested in being on the board, than facing the business challanges of a football club and they just don't have the knowledge or experience required.

The parting comment on what was the most likely outcome was the same as last time we talked. Liquidation...

Thats a strange comment regarding the Council loan. It was amoungst others dependant on;

1) No other bid being on the table (Which now porppin have suspended their bid- they could argue there isn't)

2) The Premier league guaranteed the parachute payments would be sent directly to them - Which the PL refused to do.

So I don't think the loan was ever available to take advantage of.

Thats a strange comment regarding the Council loan. It was amoungst others dependant on;

1) No other bid being on the table (Which now porppin have suspended their bid- they could argue there isn't)

2) The Premier league guaranteed the parachute payments would be sent directly to them - Which the PL refused to do.

So I don't think the loan was ever available to take advantage of.

Exactly what I said, but he was insistant that there was a period and set of conditions when it was available. I think that once they had a bulsh !tting property developer involved, offering better terms than the Council, they hitched their wagon to that particular horse, with the Council disappearing over the hill...

Edited by Guided Missile

If you head out of BW up Beeches Hill it's on the junction with the Morestead Road towards Winchester. I think it's the Bellemoor estate (nothing to do with the school in Shirley!)

Yep definitely think my GF was the architect on his house, if it's the one on the left hand side just before the junction where you get on the Morestead road and you can go right to the Mulberries.

think it's picture 8 or 9 from here - http://www.witchercrawford.co.uk/listed-buildings.php

Are those sessions at the MUGA at Swanmore - my stepson trains on a Thursday there.

At Swanmore school yes, think it's Waltham Wolves that trains before us but not sure what age groups.

Exactly what I said, but he was insistant that there was a period and set of conditions when it was available. I think that once they had a bulsh !tting property developer involved, offering better terms than the Council, they hitched their wagon to that particular horse, with the Council disappearing over the hill...

Well more fools them, if they chose a property developer over the council.

Plenty of laughs left to have out of the pdt and Mr robinson

Why, with the detective work that has been ongoing the last couple of days, do I have an image of a nutjob doing an impression of Dustin Hoffman?

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files

We'd like to help you learn to help yourself

Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes

Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

And as the nutjob strives manfully to discover where her hubby left a copy of the business plan.....

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes

Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes

It's a little secret, just the Robinsons' affair

Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/simonandgarfunkellyrics/mrsrobinsonlyrics.html

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/simonandgarfunkellyrics/mrsrobinsonlyrics.html

BT in backing wrong horse shocker?

;)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-outlines-vision-for-pompey-youth-development-1-4603563

We have to create a happy environment where the kids are getting coached properly and looked after properly so they don’t want to go up the road or go to one of the bigger clubs.

Awford believes that is a key reason why three players have each turned down the chance to move on – despite interest from the Premier League.

He said: ‘Since the end of last season, I’ve had three bids for youth players from Premier League clubs.

‘Each player has been made aware and each of them has turned it down.

The Blues have seen some top talent go elsewhere in recent times.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and James Ward-Prowse chose Southampton over Pompey,

Stay on at Pompey or move to Premier League quality academy.....? Yep, tricky choice that....

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/awford-outlines-vision-for-pompey-youth-development-1-4603563

Stay on at Pompey or move to Premier League quality academy.....? Yep, tricky choice that....

Choose a club which has its own proper training ground with good facilities, or risk being asked to train at a navy base where the medical room is a tent?

Choose between a club where the academy is well-established and valued as an integral part of that club, or one which is trying to set up an academy almost as a desperate afterthought because it can no longer continue the policy of paying over the odds for senior players?

Hmm. Tough choice.

Lol, basically in that article he says all they can offer them is a better chance in the first team than before because they are now a lot sh*ter. So poor facilities, lower standard training and non-elite coaching, but hey if your not that good you might get some league 2 football! :lol: