Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have we played this game before...

Should this thread ever actually "end" and be moved to the Golden Threads forum. What would you like the final post to be before it is closed? Ideally it should be from Fitzhugh Fella as he started the thread and would bookend it nicely.

Wittiest answer/picture/video wins a signed copy of MLG's attendance tables vol. 1 - 42.

As you'll see at the end of any French film:

Fin

That's quite possibly one of the worst written pieces of sports drivel I've ever read. The one sentence paragraphs are bad enough, but the actual written prose is so poorly executed. And how seriously does Neil Allen take himself??!! Really, really bad writing.

It's like something Stuart Hall would produce after a particularly bad cocktail of mind altering drugs .............

It was a fleeting moment which would serve as a microcosm of Pompey’s week

A torch shone amid the Fratton Park smog which continues to engulf relentlessly all in its path

Another failure on the brink of triumph in a week of body blows, bloody noses and pokes in the eye.

The arms are only too willing to swim away, the lungs determined not to accept a demise, yet the victim remains rooted to the spot

The revolution complete with the people finally seizing control after a long and bloody battle amid ever-ugly scenes.

A case of Les Miserables rising to topple the monarchy.

and finally ... An honourable draw in the courts and on the football pitch.

This was supposedly a match report. LMFAO :D

Edited by ericofarabia

That's quite possibly one of the worst written pieces of sports drivel I've ever read. The one sentence paragraphs are bad enough, but the actual written prose is so poorly executed. And how seriously does Neil Allen take himself??!! Really, really bad writing.

He thinks he's Dickens - getting all draconian/victorian. Mind you when you "support" a club like that, that's so out of touch what should I expect. The ground is Victorian, the people are all so bothered with their "history" (but never learn from it) and the players are part time members of fagans mob (you gotta pick a pocket or two or every UK tax payer).

From their own website:-

Affinion International is renowned for directly increasing our partners' bottom line profitability. By utilizing our partners' brand names to

offer our products and services, we strengthen the relationship between our partners and their customer base, resulting in increased

brand loyalty and raised profits.

Perhaps the PDT should have got advice from that lot first ??

Er, it's blank... or perhaps that's intentional, because for "legal reasons", that's all they can say :ninja:

It's not blank for me !

In summary it says - "we'd like to be transparent and keep you up to date but then goes on to say sweet FA apart from 'keep pledging' ! "

You didn't miss much !

LOL.

Looks like knobhead neil is trying to copy our very own Rallyboy.

There's only two issues with that though :

1. He isn't insightful

2. He isn't funny.

'A torch shone amid the Fratton Park smog which continues to engulf relentlessly all in its path.'

:scared: What is that guy on?

"We have the funding to succeed, providing we continue to convert pledges"

So, after the main load of pledges have been converted, 'we' don't have enough funding. However, if 'we' continue to get people to donate thousands again and again, there will be enough funding.....

right....

I see the trust's latest piece of desperate propaganda fails to make any mention at all of the property developer --whether he is still on board (as if!) or how they intend to fill yet another funding black hole, caused by his having got cold feet.

So that's all good then.

"We have the funding to succeed, providing we continue to convert pledges"

So, after the main load of pledges have been converted, 'we' don't have enough funding. However, if 'we' continue to get people to donate thousands again and again, there will be enough funding.....

right....

Oh Yes There is.....

He thinks he's Dickens - getting all draconian/victorian. Mind you when you "support" a club like that, that's so out of touch what should I expect. The ground is Victorian, the people are all so bothered with their "history" (but never learn from it) and the players are part time members of fagans mob (you gotta pick a pocket or two or every UK tax payer).

Well, if he thinks he's Dickens, then the famous quote by Wilkins Micawber ought to have sprung readily to mind, so that it would have been obvious to him what the end result would be following the massive expenditure of monies that the Skates didn't possess.

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds, nineteen shillings and six pence, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

I see the trust's latest piece of desperate propaganda fails to make any mention at all of the property developer --whether he is still on board (as if!) or how they intend to fill yet another funding black hole, caused by his having got cold feet.

So that's all good then.

It's unimportant. The PDT have other backup options. I know this because they've said so.

Just like they said they were coming into the courtroom for a fight; "let's ave it!!!!", they cried. Some fight that was, they rolled over and begged for some time to think about it all.

McInnes was quite clear on the radio this morning that the 'investors' are now having to put money in not to just cover the overpaying of wages, but to cover the ongoing legal bills.

It might not be their court case but they are obviously picking up the tab - Trev ain't dim.

And when Al Fahim gets on Twitter to give you financial advice you know you are in trouble.

The man can't even order himself a shirt the correct size, I don't think I'll be too worried about his little chiming van of cornets rolling up to save them, even as a Chinny frontman.

But the legal fees must be crippling them, nothing sucks up capital like a legal case and when you have a big hole in your projections, the last thing you need is an adjournement.

The big plucky blue money beast is still feeding!

McInnes was quite clear on the radio this morning that the 'investors' are now having to put money in not to just cover the overpaying of wages, but to cover the ongoing legal bills.

It might not be their court case but they are obviously picking up the tab - Trev ain't dim.

And when Al Fahim gets on Twitter to give you financial advice you know you are in trouble.

The man can't even order himself a shirt the correct size, I don't think I'll be too worried about his little chiming van of cornets rolling up to save them, even as a Chinny frontman.

But the legal fees must be crippling them, nothing sucks up capital like a legal case and when you have a big hole in your projections, the last thing you need is an adjournement.

I'm sure Neil 'Dickens' Allen is al too familiar with the case of Jarndyce v Jarndyce.

From the depths of the gloom engulfing Fortress Fratton a gleam of hope shone.

Its reflection glistened on the fat in the pipes - illuminating the expectant red-cheeked faces of the fearless few and filling their hearts with new hope.

Surely now Pompey could actually win a game?

But, with over-awed Preston reduced to 3 one-legged men and the game entering its 95th minute, the noble hero/hopeless donkey (delete as appropriate) smashed his shot against the crossbar condemning the bottom-dwelling Skates to their fate on the Solent floor and mixing yet another metaphor.

The fins are only too willing to swim away to another club in January, the lungs (Do Skates have these? Ed.) determined not to accept a demise, yet the victim remains rooted to the spot. A penalty spot; the penalty so unjustly imposed on the fans of the noble and faultless club.

How could they do it? Don't they know Tiny Tim is hungry?

This goal would have seen the club liberated and Portpin and their loyal supporters routed.

The revolution complete with the people finally seizing control after a long and bloody battle amid ever-ugly scenes.

A case of Les Miserables rising to topple the monarchy.

Instead the dastardly foreign villain and his evil Jewish henchmen still expect to get their money back.

Don't they know it's Christmas?

*1000 Scummah points to the Nutjob who can pick out Neil Allen's copy without checking.

They have been putting money in since October. Source - the horses mouth!!

The question surely must be; why on earth are the PDT sanctioning overpaying on wages? If it was coming out of your own pocket would you not first talk to the administrator and get him to reduce the wage bill? Its quite easy to do; you let these players' contracts lapse and don't renew them.

Its been said before; but if a court appointed administrator cannot after nearly one year at the helm get them to stop losing money, then what is the point?

An utter basket case of a club and supporter base that encourage this type of lunatic way of doing business.

They have been putting money in since October. Source - the horses mouth!!

Indeed. It was confirmed in one of thier press releases that it has been since 21st October (Can't remember if there were any significant developments around that time)

My best guess as to why, is the club was running to the very limit of it's budget, but then came along the additional legal fees and administrations costs on top. My understanding is that administrators will become liable for any additional losses, so at that point it would have been (If I am right) a case of liquidating or bringing in additional money (Same as Crouch did for us), so up steps the HNW's and Mcinnes as they continue to chase the dream.

Restricted to a month-by-month contract due to the club’s on-going administration, Gyepes is loath to uproot his family for a job lacking security.

Instead he shares a club house in Eastleigh with Simon Eastwood, Mustapha Dumbuya and Lubomir Michalik.

Club houses :scared: :scared:

I assume they are rented. At least they didn't have them living in portsmouth

Edited by Gemmel

Restricted to a month-by-month contract due to the club’s on-going administration, Gyepes is loath to uproot his family for a job lacking security.

Instead he shares a club house in Eastleigh with Simon Eastwood, Mustapha Dumbuya and Lubomir Michalik.

Sounds like a commune if you ask me.

the 15th January or maybe later :scared: :scared:

Would it be too cynical to think it will be as long as it takes for robinson to get hold of 3 million quid

It will be longer than 15th January. It has to be; that's just the date of the court case. Even if PKF do win, the PDT's takeover of the club and acceptance into the league won't get ratified until days or even weeks after that (I believe the FL have to offcially vote on it at one of their meetings, at worst an EGM to do so).

PKF must be laughing all the way to the bank.

It will be longer than 15th January. It has to be; that's just the date of the court case.

He is talking specifically about the court case

"To get us to the court case on the 15 January or maybe later the high net worth individuals and vice-presidents of the PST have agreed an uplift of funding for the administrator to be able to trade the business without going into loss," he said.

But yes even after the court case, it will take some time to complete............ and you wouldn't want to rush the most expensive and longest football administration would you.

He is talking specifically about the court case

"To get us to the court case on the 15 January or maybe later the high net worth individuals and vice-presidents of the PST have agreed an uplift of funding for the administrator to be able to trade the business without going into loss," he said.

But yes even after the court case, it will take some time to complete............ and you wouldn't want to rush the most expensive and longest football administration would you.

Not with another parachute payment due around February time, no......

Althought they've some way to go before having the longest admin; Palace I believe were in their first one for close to 18 months.

Edited by The Kraken

It will be longer than 15th January. It has to be; that's just the date of the court case. Even if PKF do win, the PDT's takeover of the club and acceptance into the league won't get ratified until days or even weeks after that (I believe the FL have to offcially vote on it at one of their meetings, at worst an EGM to do so).

PKF must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I would guess that they're only prepared to underwrite until the outcome of the court case is known. No point in them committing beyond then in case the judgement goes against PKF

the 15th January or maybe later :scared: :scared:

Would it be too cynical to think it will be as long as it takes for robinson to get hold of 3 million quid

Not sure whether he's already posted about it on here, but a mate of mine works for a company who are dealing with the property developer, and he's about to sell some land in London(?) for development, which presumably would be where the funding would come from.

He also pointed out to me that (and I haven't been in here enough recently to have seen it) apparently Guided Missile posted a load of stuff about all this property guy's businesses being worth nothing in the accounts, but actually that's for tax reasons and he has fairly significant personal wealth from taking the profits out of the company by paying himself a management fee.

So it seems (I assume it is) Robinson has got some cash, but is waiting on a specific deal to go through. The implication being that's what the delay is. Either way, a few million here and there isn't going to get them very far in football, it's a billionaire's game at our level now.

Oh, he did also mention that the net worth individuals were stumping up a hundred thousand quid or so a week to stop them from being insolvent though, so not all bad news. :)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned...

I would guess that they're only prepared to underwrite until the outcome of the court case is known. No point in them committing beyond then in case the judgement goes against PKF

Of course. But there is still the distinct probablity of Portpin appealing any court case that goes against their wishes; where that leaves the PDT and its HNWs is anyone's guess, but it doesn't look rosy either way.

Of course. But there is still the distinct probablity of Portpin appealing any court case that goes against their wishes; where that leaves the PDT and its HNWs is anyone's guess, but it doesn't look rosy either way.

Absolutely correct, these guys always seem to take the optimistic 'best case scenario' view and never seem to have sensible contingencies !

Of course when you get prats like Allen spreading the propaganda, the deluded, the naive and the downright thick go for it hook, line and sinker !!