Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And yet another exclusive passes our intrepid local journalist by...

@NabilHassan79: Exchange of contacts for the land is massive show of faith from Robinson/PST who must be confident of forcing sale of Fratton Park. #pompey

Exchange of Contracts by itself means very little. It might be conditional upon Robinson getting FP. We shall see.

"We can't tell you how much money we have because of the court case" becomes:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/news/business/syndicate-takes-pompey-fans-pledges-past-1m-1-4615125

Although to be fair they still haven't told us how much they have given that it still only refers to pledges - if pledges are that low then they need to convert c.185% of them - in Pompey maths I guess that's possible!

Looks likley their game will be called off tomorrow due to a waterlogged pitch. Guess that means a mid-week fixture in 2013 without the help of the mercenaries. Still, I am sure those HNW's won't mind footing the bill for the teams two night stay in Hartlepool

Meanwhile in other news it appears the guy in charge of the brain cell may have blown the lid on the belief that they have one of the lowest wage bills in the league! All we have to do now is wait for Micah Hall to confirm it in 18 months time (although still before TCNA)

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=471025

Hartlepool fixture postponed:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/hartlepool-v-pompey-called-off-1-4615159

Their chance of winning the rescheduled game should be minimal provided the mercenaries fly the coop in January :D

"We can't tell you how much money we have because of the court case" becomes:

http://www.chichester.co.uk/news/business/syndicate-takes-pompey-fans-pledges-past-1m-1-4615125

Although to be fair they still haven't told us how much they have given that it still only refers to pledges - if pledges are that low then they need to convert c.185% of them - in Pompey maths I guess that's possible!

But the articles says:

"A syndicate has helped the Pompey Supporters’ Trust reach the magnificent milestone of £1m raised through fans’ pledges."

That seems clear - they have raised £1m to date. Trouble is, that is only 54% of the £1.85m they need to raise to meet the FL stipulation? They need another 850 'sales' - a big ask I reckon.

Looks likley their game will be called off tomorrow due to a waterlogged pitch. Guess that means a mid-week fixture in 2013 without the help of the mercenaries. Still, I am sure those HNW's won't mind footing the bill for the teams two night stay in Hartlepool

Meanwhile in other news it appears the guy in charge of the brain cell may have blown the lid on the belief that they have one of the lowest wage bills in the league! All we have to do now is wait for Micah Hall to confirm it in 18 months time (although still before TCNA)

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=471025

Hartlepool fixture postponed:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/hartlepool-v-pompey-called-off-1-4615159

Their chance of winning the rescheduled game should be minimal provided the mercenaries fly the coop in January :D

So if, presumably, the players travelled last night that's another few grand up the Swanee :)

Yes, all of this should make a handy dent in the ONE MILLION POUNDS that the bestest & most passionate have allegedly raised:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/business/local-business/syndicate-takes-pompey-fans-pledges-past-1m-1-4615125

Particularly since a million is a drop in the ocean compared with their current burn rate - as Dr Evil needed to have pointed out to him :D

[video=youtube_share;-DJtHL3NV1o]http://youtu.be/-DJtHL3NV1o

Edited by Waterside.saint

I think the £1m in the escrow account would include both pledges and converted funds. If so on my calculations if 2000 pledged taking way £0.2m of initial money that would be 0.8 million of converted pledges each with an extra £900 meaning around 900 converted pledges.

From the news

Pompey are already in Hartlepool after setting off via coach on Thursday.

Two nights in a Hotel for a league one side is pushing the boat out, but for one in Admin ??

Facepalm thingy !

If their celebrity fan is up there he should be careful as the locals are known for killing monkeys

I'm dreaming of a dead Pompey!

Just some sh!te club we used to know

With the chanrai stealing

And the trust are reeling

We see dead skates in the snow

I'm dreaming of a dead Pompey

With every Christmas card I write

May your days be merry and bright

And make all the south coast red and white!

I think the £1m in the escrow account would include both pledges and converted funds. If so on my calculations if 2000 pledged taking way £0.2m of initial money that would be 0.8 million of converted pledges each with an extra £900 meaning around 900 converted pledges.

Sounds like that could be it. One of the PDT bods from POL just posted this as clarification:

Yes, theirs was the pledge conversion that took our bank account to the £1M mark, that's all.

And yet another exclusive passes our intrepid local journalist by...

@NabilHassan79: A significant part of the #pompey jigsaw is in place. Stuart Robinson/PST have tonight exchanged contracts for the land around Fratton Park.

@NabilHassan79: Administrators of the land surrounding Fratton Park expect to complete the deal with Robinson/PST in mid Feb 2013. #pompey

@NabilHassan79: Exchange of contacts for the land is massive show of faith from Robinson/PST who must be confident of forcing sale of Fratton Park. #pompey

So on the one hand they've not been revealing the levels of pledges in order to apparently avoid comprising the court case... (though I see they have now done that anyway, presumably against legal advice).

Yet on the other hand, this particular deal surely is directly and hugely relevant to the court case? I.e. the two parcels of land are collectively worth more to a property developer than each on their own?

So on the one hand they've not been revealing the levels of pledges in order to apparently avoid comprising the court case... (though I see they have now done that anyway, presumably against legal advice).

Yet on the other hand, this particular deal surely is directly and hugely relevant to the court case? I.e. the two parcels of land are collectively worth more to a property developer than each on their own?

I've been thinking it over and maybe the judge will view that the market value will be lower because the surrounding land is owned by someone irrespective of who that someone is? Afraid I'm no expert, just guessing.

I really think this is why they must go bust for the good of society, never mind football. I don't know if this lad is any good, but he is young and cheap and a club above them in the league want him, but they are trying to get him to leave so they can keep their overpaid has-beens. Even now, as they stare over the abyss, they still don't get it.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/defender-told-he-has-no-pompey-future-1-4614092

@pn_neil_allen: RT @PompeySoapbox: #Pompey Trust have raised £1m from fans ALONE.Not including HNWs. Excellent effort, sod the hating dinlos, we're going to own the club!
well after pledging £1000 of his own money he has a right to brag......................oh.

I suggest that the brick i have in SMS is going to be a bigger ownership of a club than he will do

@pn_neil_allen: RT @PompeySoapbox: #Pompey Trust have raised £1m from fans ALONE.Not including HNWs. Excellent effort, sod the hating dinlos, we're going to own the club!

Did the league not set a figure of 1.8 million for fan contributions as one of the conditions for the transfer of the golden share or something like that? What would be interesting would be figures of how they got to the million mark by week but don't think that's going to happen!

Again, congratulations to everyone involved in the project at PST/PDT. Outstanding effort to work to (finally) save their club.

I am much heartened by this positive news from Neil. Especially as it now means that they are halfway to the figure of 2 million pounds that PKF unfortunately forgot all about and found down the back of a sofa last week.

Keep up the Good Work and you must all be so Proud and Happy that Chinny has walked away completely from your club and is laying the Red Carpet for you on 15th to walk through Court to collect your rubber stamp.

Oh and Halo? Sorry I couldn't comment on your Calendar yesterday. Was ROFL'ing too much.

So, the game of Monopoly starts and Mr Chanrai lands on Mayfair first time round and buys it for £400. Mr Robinson says "Mr C, will you sell me Mayfair for £100?". Mr C's reply (in its shortened form) is "No, I want £1,000". As the game progresses Mr R lands on Park Lane and buys it for £350. Now Mr R really needs Mayfair to make a killing and win the game. "Mr C, I will give you £200 for Mayfair". "See you in court" comes the reply because "now I want £2000!".

Surely the value of Fat Pipes has gone up considerably now that Robinson (almost) owns the surrounding land? Would they not have been better going through with the court case and getting it valued and sewn up before Robinson owned the Miland land? Without FP Robinson will be lucky to get what he is paying for the Miland land back; if he can find a buyer. With FP, when the trust find they are unable to pay the rent, he will be sat on a small fortune which is obviously his aim. Is Robinson truly a P****Y supporter?

Hear what you're saying Panda (love the monopoly analogy btw!) but Robinson won't actually own the land around Fatpipe Park until AFTER the court case...so, will the judge take a yet to be confirmed scenario into account when he comes to his judgement...?

If he has exchanged contracts then he has an option (rather than obligation) to buy but would have to sacrifice his deposit if he fails to proceed. He has, to all intents and purposes, secured this land and so he is now desperate for the park itself. My understanding, which may be wrong, is that the judge will not set a value as such, he will consider the case as presented by the two sides by their legal representatives and allow PKF to sell to Robinson for £2.75k or refuse that permission. I am pretty sure Chanrai's team will be at pains to point out the potential value to Robinson if he owns both lots of land. I can't help thinking this is a worse scenario for PKF/Robinson than if Robinson had not bought Park Lane and so not really needing Mayfair quite as badly. Time will tell!

PST conversion rate = 40% to date and they hit £1m all in. Confirmed by PST spokesman

A bit of Nutjob maths later confirms they therefore have:

2174 Total Pledges

870 Converted Pledges

1304 Un-Converted Pledges

Based on that amount of pledges, they would have to convert at 83% to get the 1800 converted pledges, over double what they currently have.

All the best with that! Can't think why they have been hiding this!

So, the game of Monopoly starts and Mr Chanrai lands on Mayfair first time round and buys it for £400. Mr Robinson says "Mr C, will you sell me Mayfair for £100?". Mr C's reply (in its shortened form) is "No, I want £1,000". As the game progresses Mr R lands on Park Lane and buys it for £350. Now Mr R really needs Mayfair to make a killing and win the game. "Mr C, I will give you £200 for Mayfair". "See you in court" comes the reply because "now I want £2000!".

Surely the value of Fat Pipes has gone up considerably now that Robinson (almost) owns the surrounding land? Would they not have been better going through with the court case and getting it valued and sewn up before Robinson owned the Miland land? Without FP Robinson will be lucky to get what he is paying for the Miland land back; if he can find a buyer. With FP, when the trust find they are unable to pay the rent, he will be sat on a small fortune which is obviously his aim. Is Robinson truly a P****Y supporter?

Your analogy is flawed by the use of Mayfair and Park Lane. If you had used the Old Kent Road or Water Works it would have been more appropriate.

PST conversion rate = 40% to date and they hit £1m all in. Confirmed by PST spokesman

A bit of Nutjob maths later confirms they therefore have:

2174 Total Pledges

870 Converted Pledges

1304 Un-Converted Pledges

Based on that amount of pledges, they would have to convert at 83% to get the 1800 converted pledges, over double what they currently have.

All the best with that! Can't think why they have been hiding this!

My estimate wasn't far off then

If he has exchanged contracts then he has an option (rather than obligation) to buy but would have to sacrifice his deposit if he fails to proceed. He has, to all intents and purposes, secured this land and so he is now desperate for the park itself. My understanding, which may be wrong, is that the judge will not set a value as such, he will consider the case as presented by the two sides by their legal representatives and allow PKF to sell to Robinson for £2.75k or refuse that permission. I am pretty sure Chanrai's team will be at pains to point out the potential value to Robinson if he owns both lots of land. I can't help thinking this is a worse scenario for PKF/Robinson than if Robinson had not bought Park Lane and so not really needing Mayfair quite as badly. Time will tell!

As I've posted previously, it can be a conditional exchange of contracts. Time will indeed tell.

Thanks guys, glad so many enjoyed the calendar. :)

Seeing the same images and tag lines over again as I was putting it all together, adding bits, and generally tidying things up, I kind of got a bit 'desensitised' to it after a while. Nice to know it went down as well as I hoped it would. :)

In a way, much as I enjoyed putting it together, I wish someone else had made it, so I could see it for the first time, and get the full effect. ;)

As for Dirty 'Arry Redkrapp's latest comments, well, I almost choked on a mouthful of tea I tried not to spray all over my screen when I got to this: :lol:

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past."

"You shouldn't be paying massive wages when you've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people."

Ahhh-hahahahaha!!! Oh the incredible irony. :lol:

I bet he even managed to say it with a straight face.

let's not forget that Harry cannot type, text or read, and has never been involved in negotiating the financial aspect of any transfer.

All of his signings have been a great success, he has never saddled any clubs with future debt for short term gain, he has never lost money on property deals because his judgement was blinded by greed, and the legion of rumours that follow him didn't cost him the England job.

And the Spurs job.

And the West Ham job.

But if you are in trouble before Christmas he is the man who can keep you up.

Whereas his sticky-pawed dog is capable of setting up foreign bank accounts, booking flights to Monaco online, organising international money transfers that seem designed to evade tax, exchanging texts with David Beckham, and giving her owner free rein when it comes to making implausible public statements.

Next thing we know the thieving little ***** will be telling us that her owner's not a wheeler dealer.

I can think of no one more suited to being relegated instead of us.

This voluntary paycut he is about to take, to shame his own players, will be one of the most noble things he has ever done.

@pn_neil_allen: Compton, Thompson, Rodgers gone. Time for some Harry wheeling and dealing at #Pompey. My column from yesterday. http://t.co/bvbUxBFV

Words fail me, they really do....Neil, if you are reading this(and clearly you do) I'll put it into single sentance paragraphs you appear to understand:

You are a moron.

This is how you robbed the taxman and ended up like this before.

Nice game against Chelsea since you are supposed to be an unbiased Aston Villa fan.

Now do one.

@pn_neil_allen: Compton, Thompson, Rodgers gone. Time for some Harry wheeling and dealing at #Pompey. My column from yesterday. http://t.co/bvbUxBFV

Its amazing how Neil Allen gets employment as a jounalist when clearly he doesn't know the difference between a sentence and a paragraph.

Mind you , he probably does not get paid very much.

He cannot afford to buy a share by himself.

He has to club together with some of his work colleagues to be able to afford one.

Perhaps if he had passed that O level in English he might be working somewhere better by now.

Ah Tamesaint do we really want good old Neil working elsewhere?? I mean look how we enjoy

reading his "articles". ( I was going to say absolute drivel but as it's Christmas..... :D)

True - I suppose he is unique.

I doubt if many residents of Pompey can read so we are probably the majority of his readership.

"Special" might be another way to describe him.

He does look a bit "special" - don't you think?

'Arry doing some maffs, has he turned over a new leaf? Did he actually learn from his spending down the road? We shall see....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/9763375/Harry-Redknapp-to-sell-Jose-Bosingwa-after-lashing-out-at-QPR-flops.html

I thought 'Arry told the court that he didn't get involved in wage negotiations and that he didn't know how much his players were earning at Spuds?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})