Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-20874772

And they asked if there was any more :)

Their claim to Charles Dickens always makes me laugh....yes he was born there but left when he was three years old, apparently never to return and who can blame him..........Portsmouth was obviously permanently etched into his young memory to be able to describe the squalor of Victorian England so well.

When the Skates were taken to the "Court of Arbitration for Sport" (highest Court in Sport - Is there any Court that has not had dealings with Cheats FC ?? ) in 2007 and cheated two Italian sides out of development fees for a player, who was the player ?

This document only mentions his DoB as 5 May 1984.

http://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/sites/CaseLaw/Shared%20Documents/1207.pdf

For info : imo 2 Italian sides (Parma & Fiorenzuola) try to do a fiddle to get around Italian "loan rules" with a "side agreement" but in steps the master cheaters to rob them both. There are some interesting quotes on how they treat the FA and FIFA.

On 28 February 2005, FIFA sent a letter to the FA, in which it stated the following:

"The Italian club, U.S. Fiorenzuola 1922 srl, has informed us that it has not yet received the training compensation, as provided in Chapter VII of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, related to the transfer of the federative rights to the player, [A.], to your member club, Portsmouth FC. The relevant documentation, contents of which are self-explanatory, is hereby copied to your attention for you and your club‟s perusal.

On account of the above, we kindly ask you to urge your affiliate to start with the payment of the training compensation in accordance with the applicable rules".

On 1 March 2005, the FA sent a letter to Portsmouth, in which it mentioned that Portsmouth had asked the FA, on 24 January 2004, to confirm the category of Fiorenzuola in order that the correct training compensation could be paid. In its letter, the FA also mentioned the following: "It would appear from the information submitted by the Italian club that the calculated amount of € 50,000 is correct".

On 13 April 2005, Portsmouth wrote to Fiorenzuola requesting the latter’s bank details, in order to "pay the outstanding amount of 50,000 euros to you". On 14 April 2005, Fiorenzuola replied, sending its account details and requesting confirmation of payment.

No payment was made by Portsmouth.

In April 2005, both Parma and Fiorenzuola contacted FIFA requesting training compensation in accordance with Chapter VII of the FIFA Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players. Parma requested payment of EUR 460,000. Fiorenzuola requested payment of EUR 50,000.

so they didn't even want him but they had to nick him because he wasn't bolted down? :o

That can't be right, Toyboy kept telling us they had no problems at all before 5pm on cup final day 2008 - so that trophy wasn't illegally obtained.

I wonder how he is? - I hope Christmas was kind to his little shop.

I miss his madness and delusion - though he'd be disappointed that Micah Hall has also proved him wrong on all counts.

Happy days - someone go dig out the best of Ho, like the original Ted statue it's a must for cheering up a gloomy day.

So the day we get a fantastic point against Arsenal and outplay them by all accounts to go out of the relegation zone with a game in hand, the mighty Portsmouth get trounced away at Swindon to stay rooted in the league one relegation zone and soon to be bottom of the league (if they ever exit admin.) It's times like this I like to remember where we both were four years ago and smile. :)

So the day we get a fantastic point against Arsenal and outplay them by all accounts to go out of the relegation zone with a game in hand, the mighty Portsmouth get trounced away at Swindon to stay rooted in the league one relegation zone and soon to be bottom of the league (if they ever exit admin.) It's times like this I like to remember where we both were four years ago and smile. :)

And their fans still have the cheek to mock us for only drawing against Arsenal at home :facepalm::wave:

Chap on 6-0-6 said that Plymouth Argyle had the best travelling fans, with up to 1000 making some of the longest treks in the league. Surely he's mistaken - poopey's massive 60 or 70 must be the evidence that they are better.

Edited by badgerx16

So Eric decides to have a small NYD dinner party - he rustles up a roast for an average pcfc away following - 34 of us.

We're munching away and ooh let's check Twitter to see any Saints team news.

And then the feeds kept coming in Goal Swindon 1-0 then a couple of moments later - well you get the picture.

Made for a very pleasant start to the evening.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/fans-plan-to-make-2013-the-year-of-pompey-fc-1-4632763

01/01/2013 10:12 PM GMT

SarahPFC

It's very disappointing that the News has utterly failed to present a balanced overview of the Trust bid. This article is essentially a cut-an-paste of a PST press release.

It's fine and totally understandable for the Trust to give positive spin to their own efforts, but the News has failed to lay out some of the harder questions that need to be answered. This is simply inadequate and shoddy journalism on the part of the sports writers.

Key questions, to kick off with, are:

1. Given the severance deal with players amounts to £8m and the Trust plan only allows for £2m, how is this £6m, gap to be bridged?

2. Is the claim made by Kanu now settled or set aside? If not, how great could this liability be?

3. If the Trust has only raised around £1m, falling well short of its target of £1.87m, how does this affect the credibility of the bid?

4. If there is a takeover facilitated by the Trust and HNWIs individuals such as Robinson, is it not now likely that the Trust will be junior partners to a consortium of property developers? If so, doesn't this rather undermine the notion of Pompey being a "community run/fan owned club"?

5. Does the Trust's bid take account of the substantial costs of an on-going delay? PKF (and the short-term players) are draining the bank balance at an alarming rate, what might have looked like a predictable bank balance in, say, August has now surely been badly depleted.

I think these are all fair and reasonable questions for all fans to ask in order to assess the credibility - or lack of credibility - of the Trust's bid.

It is extraordinary that the News doesn't seem to have answered any of them. Worse still, the paper doesn't even seem to have attempted to ask any of them.

Little wonder then that this gives rise to a climate of suspicion, concern, doubt and division amongst fans. Just look at the rough tally of thumbs up and down on here as an indicator of how badly the local fanbase is divided.

It's a shame that the local paper hasn't even bothered to try and do its basic job.

Noooo I don't want 2000 pages, I want them gone long before that number is reached.

Does this make me a bad person???

Not at all. But how about liquidation on page 1700, with the next 300 pages devoted to us nutjobs dancing on their grave?

The best of both worlds, surely. :D

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-yeovil-2-1-4630131

Goodbye 2012. And good riddance.

It was certainly a year to remember in sporting terms with the London Olympics at the very pinnacle of it all.

Yet for anyone with Pompey in their veins, it was about as painful as they come.

Another bout of administration, the ongoing threat of liquidation, relegation from the Championship and another impending points deduction and probable relegation to League Two.

The hits just kept on coming.

I shouldn't laugh, but ...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

An (articulate?) Skate view on the upcoming of the court case :

saveportsmouthfc

5:13 PM on 01/01/2013

I think this is what will happen in court in january if the judge values ground within robinson/trust value figure happy days if not all not lost their has been hints of other buyers on the seen

1. value with in trust they will run club

2 value above Trust may stretch or another buyer may come in.

3 value to high another buyer may take risk !

4 value silly price liquidation

perhaps Trust will go for newco portsmouth

ps i have seen a weathly business man talking about buying a Football club on twitter he did not say pompey but he was at fratton at Yeovil game and he has been asked if he would buy pompey but theirs been no reply ! i take it not as a yes or no

Seriously, do they have schools down there ??

Taken from the comments section of this http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-thrashed-after-second-half-horror-show-1-4633547

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})