Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Words fail me, they really do....Neil, if you are reading this(and clearly you do) I'll put it into single sentance paragraphs you appear to understand:

You are a moron.

This is how you robbed the taxman and ended up like this before.

To be fair to dear old Neil, he represents a paper that was instrumental in getting Henry Redknapp the Freedom of Portsmouth and also ran a long standing campaign proposing the said gentleman for a Knighthood.

Given the season I think it's only right to share something certain to put a smile on everyone's faces:

20 Carlisle 23 pts

21 Portsmouth 21 pts

22 Bury 20 pts

23 S****horpe 20 pts

24 Hartlepool 9 pts

Just think how much better it could look if they ever get taken over and have the 10 deducted. Merry Christmas nutjobs.

Given the season I think it's only right to share something certain to put a smile on everyone's faces:

20 Carlisle 23 pts

21 Portsmouth 21 pts

22 Bury 20 pts

23 S****horpe 20 pts

24 Hartlepool 9 pts

Just think how much better it could look if they ever get taken over and have the 10 deducted. Merry Christmas nutjobs.

Surely the happiest New Year would be for them to stay in admin and be relegated without the minus 10 and then come out under the PDT during the summer and have the minus ten applied for the start of next season? I would hate to see the minus ten wasted!

Surely the happiest New Year would be for them to stay in admin and be relegated without the minus 10 and then come out under the PDT during the summer and have the minus ten applied for the start of next season? I would hate to see the minus ten wasted!

Rest assured, they are exploring every possible avenue as to what would be the best way for them to have the -10 applied .... if at all

What is the ruling re the -10 if they end the season still in admin, and start next season still in admin

As theirs is such a unique situation, I bet the FL have no (existing) ruling to cover that scenario, and I think that is what Birch & Co are relying on

In any other walk of life that I can think of, Portsmouth should have been Liquidated MONTHS ago. Why has Birch not done so ???

Rest assured, they are exploring every possible avenue as to what would be the best way for them to have the -10 applied .... if at all

What is the ruling re the -10 if they end the season still in admin, and start next season still in admin

As theirs is such a unique situation, I bet the FL have no (existing) ruling to cover that scenario, and I think that is what Birch & Co are relying on

In any other walk of life that I can think of, Portsmouth should have been Liquidated MONTHS ago. Why has Birch not done so ???

They started this season in admin so cannot start the next season in the same admin. They would be refused the golden share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They cannot start next season in admin - or at least not in the SAME admin. This is a FL rule.

If they want to start next season in admin I think it' ll be in a different sport.

There are five things that will always happen in this world.

Life, death, tax evasion, the minus ten - and the fact that Chinny will do everything in his power to get his money, he is secured.

pompey have had a very poor 2012.

I see no indication that 2013 will be any better, it could well be much worse.

They are in a relegation battle to the bottom tier of league football and they have a business model that is based on insolvent trading, at some point soon they will have to stop spending money, or close.

But the Trust will save them Rallyboy you Nutjob...

The Trust clearly have no answers to their predicament, they are currently in negotiations to buy a dead horse so they can win the Grand National on it.

Which reminds me, there are another two things that remain constant in life - the figures don't add up, and the only answer is cash.

Not loans, not property deals, semi-pledges or half-promises, just cash, loads of it, on the table - now.

Oh, and Trev's ever-escalating bill, there's another thing....

If they want to start next season in admin I think it' ll be in a different sport.

There are five things that will always happen in this world.

Life, death, tax evasion, the minus ten - and the fact that Chinny will do everything in his power to get his money, he is secured.

pompey have had a very poor 2012.

I see no indication that 2013 will be any better, it could well be much worse.

They are in a relegation battle to the bottom tier of league football and they have a business model that is based on insolvent trading, at some point soon they will have to stop spending money, or close.

But the Trust will save them Rallyboy you Nutjob...

The Trust clearly have no answers to their predicament, they are currently in negotiations to buy a dead horse so they can win the Grand National on it.

Which reminds me, there are another two things that remain constant in life - the figures don't add up, and the only answer is cash.

Not loans, not property deals, semi-pledges or half-promises, just cash, loads of it, on the table - now.

Oh, and Trev's ever-escalating bill, there's another thing....

Nurses are the only thing in life you can truly depend on.

As has been said, they can't start a second successive season in administration.

What is perhaps unknown at this stage is what happens if they come out of administration after the season finishes but before the new season starts. My inclination would be that the minus ten would fall under the same rule as if it had happened after the March deadline (i.e. points deducted for the previous season unless the club are relegated anyway, in which case they carry through to the next season). But then this is the FL, and as we know too well they like to make up and change their own rules as they go along.

As has been said, they can't start a second successive season in administration.

What is perhaps unknown at this stage is what happens if they come out of administration after the season finishes but before the new season starts. My inclination would be that the minus ten would fall under the same rule as if it had happened after the March deadline (i.e. points deducted for the previous season unless the club are relegated anyway, in which case they carry through to the next season). But then this is the FL, and as we know too well they like to make up and change their own rules as they go along.

I thought they could apply to the FL for an extension. (Thought I read it on this thread a while back)

I thought they could apply to the FL for an extension. (Thought I read it on this thread a while back)

The admin, legally, can normally only run for 12 months, ( in this case to early February 2013 ), but they can apply to the courts to extend the process. The FL rules are quite clear, you cannot start a 2nd season in the same administration.

To be fair to dear old Neil, he represents a paper that was instrumental in getting Henry Redknapp the Freedom of Portsmouth and also ran a long standing campaign proposing the said gentleman for a Knighthood.

Don't forget this little beauty as well...

By Emma Judd

Published on Monday 3 October 2011 10:59

THE Convers Sports Initiatives office is housed within 6 Lombard Street in London, home of Bankas Snoras, which is part of Convers Group.

It’s a grand building on a busy street in the City of London, but as soon as the heavy doors closed behind me all was calm efficiency.

Photographer Malcolm Wells and I were ushered into a plush meeting room, complete with large flatscreen TV with video conferencing facilities and a plan of the new Convers office, being built near London’s famous Gherkin building.

We don’t have long to wait, as Mr Dubov comes in, greets us, and asks us if we would like a cup of tea and how we take it.

And that brief moment was an introduction to the man himself – polite, perhaps a little apprehensive, and given to flashes of a self-deprecating humour that is like water in the humourless desert that was the previous administration.

He’s a man who is obviously passionate about sport. He takes pride in telling us how his first visit to Fratton Park was in 1999, witnessing Manchester City getting relegated to Division One.

He says that sport is in his blood, and how he has been to almost every football stadium in the UK with his two sons and daughter.

And he says, in a quiet and polite way, that there was no one thing about Pompey that prompted CSI to buy it, but that it was a combination of factors – not least the fans.

One of the most interesting things that struck me was how he said his staff collect all the Twitter and Facebook mentions of CSI so he knows what they’re thinking and what they’re saying.

Mr Dubov and CSI may have a reputation for not speaking to the fans – but the fans should know they’re always speaking to him.

And that’s the refreshing thing about him. While Balram Chainrai would always claim the fans were being unfair to him, how they didn’t understand how hard things were for him, Mr Dubov silently listens.

And whatever the next five years might bring, I get the feeling there are big changes in store.

Dear neil

I hope your missus burns the turkey.

CB saint

She did. This is going to appear in the Snooze next week

My Christmas day - by Neil Allen

The turkey had died in vain !! Christmas was ruined.

If only my wife had paid more attention to our mother when we were being brought up. Let me explain .

It has been a tough year financially in the Allen household. I have had to contribute to the Trust to allow some rich blokes to buy Pompey so that they can become even richer.

The editor doesn't like me. He takes the p i s s as I look like a nerd. He won't give me a bonus until I can understand the difference between a sentence and a paragraph.

But then the murk started to clear and beams of light appeared..

People contributed well to the Remembrance Day poppy appeal. The collection boxes were full. It meant that we could afford a turkey. And boy what a turkey we got.

It must have been the loyallest, most passionate and loudest turkey in the world. It was going to taste great.

But then lady luck struck an awful blow.

Just when the wife put it into the oven we realised how well the plucky boys in blue had done last Saturday.

Hartlepool may be bottom of the league but last Saturday was their Cup Final . Our boys went up there and did not lose.

They hang monkeys up there but our lads came back undefeated. Even the pools panel said that it would have been a scoreless draw.

If that doesn't deserve a celebration then what does??

My wife immediately got stuck into Poundland's best cooking sherry, forgot the turkey and the next thing we realised was that the turkey was burnt to a cinder.

Christmas was ruined.

Luckily the next door caravan had a spare hedgehog so we didn't go hungry ... but what a Christmas Day!!

I see plucky 33 years old John Harley has been slumming it at Champneys whilst on his month to month contract with plucky Pompey. That's just another £1000pw on top of his lowly paid L2 salary.

It turns out the plucky former Chelsea man is prepared to haul his plucky arse around the football pitch for another 6 months on a temporary contract whilst his plucky family slum it in Liverpool.

merry christmas you jealous Nutjobs - let it go, it's over, they are fine.

Here's to a liquidation-dodging 2013 of even more comedy management and delusion at all levels within, and associated with, the sleepiest giant and plucky minnow formerly known as pompey - and of course that mighty blue army that fills every ground on it's plucky bestest myth-spreading travels.

x

Bah Humbuggary! Which is what I wish the Phew. ;)

According to Wikipedia:

Humbug is a person or thing that tricks or deceives or talks or behaves in a way that is deceptive, dishonest, false, or insincere, often a hoax or in jest.[1][2] The term was first described in 1751 as student slang. It is now also often used as an exclamation to mean 'nonsense' or 'gibberish'. When referring to a person, a humbug means a fraud or impostor, implying an element of unjustified publicity and spectacle. In Britain, the term is also used for certain types of candy.

I have yet to see a more apt definition of activities on the Island of Dr Moreau. 'Humbuggary' sums them up nicely :)

Merry Christmas to all that have kept me amused from dusk to dawn on this thread for the past year. 2013 will bring more LOL's for us all. The PST, the return of the Chin or liquidation - it's like going to a 3* Michelin restaurant and not being able to choose which one of the courses to have!

Ahhhh, plucky plucky Pompey. It's not fair that everyone treats a visit to Fatpipes like a cip final. We never had to cope with that. No, not ever.

And we'll done to the plucky 12,000 Pompey fans who turned up to stem the losses of the plucky HNWIs.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})