Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

careful pikeyjosh, you're through the bottom of the barrel and that's the floor you're scraping.

Are you watching it loud because your big webbed fingers can't steal from dying children, fondle your sister, and operate the remote control at the same time?

It might be a waste of fuel but get the opentop bus out again, a clean sheet again the legendary Preston is worth a ticker tape parade, that's if you didn't use it all up celebrating that fantastic courtroom success - and if you have run out of ticker tape you can always shred printouts of the league table and rewrite history as you go!

Just when you think deluded is an overused word they jump straight into it again.

Give it another year and that'll be recorded as a league double over the scummahs, the 6pts that sent us down and assured their safety.

Once again a scabby homeless tramp is mocking our 6-bed house.

I still cannot believe that the HNW's have bought into a fantasy that they will walk into the Courtroom (whenever) and simply be given the land for the price THEY want to pay.

Such stunning naivety. No wonder they are only HNW's, not rich people.

It is a DISPUTE about a VALUATION. Birch can take all the experts to court that he wants. Chinny just has to take someone with a Bank Draft for a grand more than PDT/HNW want to pay. Game over.

FFS stop making it so easy for us. Chinny has NO intention of walking away from his money, just because he doesn't use Neil Allen as his mouthpiece does NOT mean he has no WMD's in his pocket. All aimed at the Trust, and backed up by a nice "Politically Acceptable" Olive Branch for the PDT.

An alternate universe Pint of Ale to all of you says that, Chinny will be a hero again before this is over....

And they realise the Butt Plug has been replaced by Bearsy's (still soiled) Baseball bat.

I still cannot believe that the HNW's have bought into a fantasy that they will walk into the Courtroom (whenever) and simply be given the land for the price THEY want to pay.

Such stunning naivety. No wonder they are only HNW's, not rich people.

It is a DISPUTE about a VALUATION. Birch can take all the experts to court that he wants. Chinny just has to take someone with a Bank Draft for a grand more than PDT/HNW want to pay. Game over.

FFS stop making it so easy for us. Chinny has NO intention of walking away from his money, just because he doesn't use Neil Allen as his mouthpiece does NOT mean he has no WMD's in his pocket. All aimed at the Trust, and backed up by a nice "Politically Acceptable" Olive Branch for the PDT.

An alternate universe Pint of Ale to all of you says that, Chinny will be a hero again before this is over....

And they realise the Butt Plug has been replaced by Bearsy's (still soiled) Baseball bat.

Bearsy's (still soiled) Baseball bat. What a Christmas present

Having watched the highlights of our under 21s, I'd love to see them give Pompey a game: perhaps a charity match over Christmas...

What a wonderful idea, and totally in the spirit of the season.

A charity game with proceeds going to those less fortunate. It'll be a cash injection beyond the Skate Trust's wildest dreams!

I thought it was a curtain rail, possibly with a very large finial, but what do I know...

Having watched the highlights of our under 21s, I'd love to see them give Pompey a game: perhaps a charity match over Christmas...

Keep up FFS that was in his EL James Volume 1. The Bat is in The Bearsy Version Volume 2.

Read it and you'll never watch America's summer sport in the same way again

Keep up FFS that was in his EL James Volume 1. The Bat is in The Bearsy Version Volume 2.

Read it and you'll never watch America's summer sport in the same way again

B*****ks, it's just rounders for blokes... Have to save that Bearsy's version was better written. PTS press releases could do with his imaginative assistance...

ALLY McCOIST hailed the Rangers supporters for digging deep to raise £5million for their share issue.

The club have raised a total of £22million in total with £17m from investors.

And boss McCoist — who saw his side beat Annan for a seventh straight win — couldn’t believe the contribution from fans.

He said: “It was a great day off the park and for the fans to chip in around £5million is absolutely staggering.

“They have only had the opportunity to do that in the last week or so.

“And to do it in the week up to Christmas where finances are tight, and with the recession, is another incredible show of support for this football club.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4704827/Ally-hails-5m-fans.html#ixzz2FTXSPZh8

ALLY McCOIST hailed the Rangers supporters for digging deep to raise £5million for their share issue.

And boss McCoist — who saw his side beat Annan for a seventh straight win — couldn’t believe the contribution from fans.

He said: “It was a great day off the park and for the fans to chip in around £5million is absolutely staggering.

“And to do it in the week up to Christmas where finances are tight, and with the recession, is another incredible show of support for this football club.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4704827/Ally-hails-5m-fans.html#ixzz2FTXSPZh8

Scottish law is so much more relaxed than English law....I bet PDT wish they were allowed to say how much they've raised

I think there must be some kind of basic misunderstanding here. Surely no-one is seriously claiming that the most passionate bestest fans in the whole wide world may have been outdone by followers of a 3rd tier Scottish club? That would be unfair and demeaning to those few, those plucky few

I think there must be some kind of basic misunderstanding here. Surely no-one is seriously claiming that the most passionate bestest fans in the whole wide world may have been outdone by followers of a 3rd tier Scottish club? That would be unfair and demeaning to those few, those plucky few

I think we are which makes it all the more funnier :)

Time to update the PDT glitterati on Twitter MLG... :)

He is talking specifically about the court case

"To get us to the court case on the 15 January or maybe later the high net worth individuals and vice-presidents of the PST have agreed an uplift of funding for the administrator to be able to trade the business without going into loss," he said.

But yes even after the court case, it will take some time to complete............ and you wouldn't want to rush the most expensive and longest football administration would you.

the HNW Pompey fans will find out how others have been treated by PFC over the years. Bleed you dry to leave Low Net Worths.

The diference between Rangers' statemnts thanking fans for their support and the P*mpey statemnets urging (read begging) supporters to make a pledge is stark.

£1,000 is a lot of money to most so anybody who felt pasionately enough to buy a full share (having had weeks to do so), will have signed up by now.

The only further pledges that will come in will be dribs and drabs from people who have scraped £20 each and are buying a share between 50 of them. There won't be many of these.

Glitterati -do you want to be in their gang, their gang, their gang?

No thanks.

For so many reasons.

Any business venture that relies on an inititial enthusiasm will have a big surge in income followed by a steady decline.

If they start off slightly underfunded and then get further stretched AND engaged in a protracted legal battle I would suggest their outgoings will increase roughly as fast as their income decreases.

They now form a perfect graph - their income and outgoings must be heading in different directions at an alarming rate.

But the 12th man tells us the bid has never been stronger, and no one from Portsea has ever made anything up so it must be true.

The truth is they have a shortfall to cover so they need new pledges every day.

BUT, they also need new pledges to cover the legal fees and the local hero businessmen's loans.

I cannot see how they can produce enough funds, and with every new day, the trickle of pledges slows but the target gets higher.

But they are doing great...

Facts are the Portsea Ferrero Rocher - a luxury, only to be introduced on very special occasions.

I really dont understand why the PST did not offer an escrow share offer with a limited Season ticket for share holders IE. 2-5 Seasons with a loan facility.

What do the supporters get for thier 1000 quid? .... growth? Infulence... securuity... new stadium... a new clock... or a 52 free Saturdays and a £1000 hole in the account (and a grumpy spouse, sister etc)

does the 12th man thing mean the amount of pledges they have got?

Erm...not exactly....where's MLG when we need someone to go in for the kill....?

BackThePSTbid ‏@Pompeys12thMan

It's a sensitive case going though the judicial system and not allowed to divulge certain information.

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan How does the no. of converted pledges affect a court case dealing with the valuation of the ground? Logically unconnected?

@Lord_Trousers are you saying if you buy a business you show your hand and tell the other party what you have? That would be strange?

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan I thought the £1,000 donations were to cover future running costs, not the initial purchase?

@Lord_Trousers Money coming into the PST will be used for the acquisition of the club.

Hmmm....I could've sworn the PST purchase 'manifesto' stated that the £1000 donations were for future running costs, not for the initial purchase of the assets? Can anyone help me out here with a link? Or maybe I dreamt that bit?

Edited by trousers

Erm...not exactly....where's MLG when we need someone to go in for the kill....?

It's a sensitive case going though the judicial system and not allowed to divulge certain information.

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan How does the no. of converted pledges affect a court case dealing with the valuation of the ground? Logically unconnected?

@Lord_Trousers are you saying if you buy a business you show your hand and tell the other party what you have? That would be strange?

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan I thought the £1,000 donations were to cover future running costs, not the initial purchase?

Lol,

I really dont understand why the PST did not offer an escrow share offer with a limited Season ticket for share holders IE. 2-5 Seasons with a loan facility.

What do the supporters get for thier 1000 quid? .... growth? Infulence... securuity... new stadium... a new clock... or a 52 free Saturdays and a £1000 hole in the account (and a grumpy spouse, sister etc)

agree i can,t believe anyone would part with £1000 pounds with any sense.

Hmmm....I could've sworn the PST purchase 'manifesto' stated that the £1000 donations were for future running costs, not for the initial purchase of the assets? Can anyone help me out here with a link? Or maybe I dreamt that bit?

Couldn't find anything about it in the PST prospectus but found these old tweets from October....

Steve Grant ‏@SteveGrant1983

@SjMaskell What's the timescale for converting pledges to actual money? Also, presumably still need to negotiate with a ****ed-off Chainrai

Sj Maskell ‏@SjMaskell

@SteveGrant1983 3 - 4 months Purchase & FC rule payments not dependant on pledges which will cover running costs. Tin Hat on for BC incoming

From the PDT prospectus:

"Another source of investment which has enabled a route for supporters to take control of the club has come from a Hampshire property development company.

The company will be investing £2.65m, which was a key component of the finance that was required to secure the bid for the club. In return the company will buy Fratton Park and it is being leased back to the club at an affordable long-term deal, with a secure option allowing the club to buy-back the stadium in the next five years."

Oh well, I tried....

@Lord_Trousers Money coming into the PST will be used for the acquisition of the club.

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan Extract from tweet from 18th Oct: Sj Maskell@SjMaskell Purchase not dependant on pledges which will cover running costs

@Lord_Trousers @sjmaskell Doesn't say solely on running costs unless I'm mistaken? Part of acquisition has running costs built into it..

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@Pompeys12thMan If "purchase not dependant on pledges" I don't see how it affects court case dealing with purchase. Not clear, that's all.

Edited by trousers

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

I'm sure that they said that supporters needent worry about the level of pledges as the initial purchase was covered by the HNW individuals. The final number of pledges was therefore not critical becuase they would only be used for additinal working capital (read transfer funds to be "competitive").

This is definately a change of tune but I really can't be bothered to trawl thorugh the thread to prove it...

I'm sure that they said that supporters needent worry about the level of pledges as the initial purchase was covered by the HNW individuals. The final number of pledges was therefore not critical becuase they would only be used for additinal working capital (read transfer funds to be "competitive").

This is definately a change of tune but I really can't be bothered to trawl thorugh the thread to prove it...

Im sure this is correct but they have to make up the short fall from the floating charge and such some how... Lol!

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

But they are not even part of the court case. It is PKF Vs Chinny. And, even if PKF win, it is't the Trust who will be purchasing it is the Property Developer.

Plus, it wouldn't make one jot of difference whether they had 10p or 10 million quid as to what valuation the judge will put on the land.

You know, I know and every other sane person knows they are just hiding the numbers to save face.

But they are not even part of the court case. It is PKF Vs Chinny. And, even if PKF win, it is't the Trust who will be purchasing it is the Property Developer.

Plus, it wouldn't make one jot of difference whether they had 10p or 10 million quid as to what valuation the judge will put on the land.

You know, I know and every other sane person knows they are just hiding the numbers to save face.

Maybe in the interests of "transparency" they should publish a copy of the letter from their solicitors who have advised them not to disclose the figure...

This is true but it might well be the reason that Robinson has now got cold feet, on the basis that he buys the ground then finds that (as they don't have a pot to p!ss in!) he cannot get any rent and has the prospect of sitting on dead land for a very long time ??

This is true but it might well be the reason that Robinson has now got cold feet, on the basis that he buys the ground then finds that (as they don't have a pot to p!ss in!) he cannot get any rent and has the prospect of sitting on dead land for a very long time ??

That's exactly my take on it.

The guy isn't short of money. He's just not an idiot.

Maybe Mr Robinson has not got money or is unable to loan the dosh for such a poor biz deal...:rolleyes:

I believe The9 alluded to it earlier but from what I've heard, Mr Robinson is hoping to shortly complete a lucrative deal in the Birmingham area, selling some land he owns to a developer who wants to build a new conference venue, and so would then comfortably have the cash, and who knows what other deals he has on the go. As much as I laughed when I first heard some of his company figures, I believe he probably has more than enough cash... it's just whether he wants to go through with it or not.