Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/gabor-weighing-up-pompey-exit-1-4593394

Looks like the rats are about to desert the sinking ship ?

(He is probably their best player I think!)

Fratbrat

Hardly a surprise.

Given the glee with which The News pointed out that those on monthly contracts after the last transfer window were effectively stuck at the club once the window closed even if their contracts weren't renewed, surely *every* player we have on a monthly contract will leave if they have any sort of alternative offer. And we won't be in a positon to offer them any security at all after the court case fiasco

But as I've said before, we are pretty much certain to be relegated any way, so why not just let them go and play the kids?

Harry Stottle

Can't blame any of them if they decided to leave.

Unfortunately the fans are not on monthly contracts and do not have that option. If they did i'd take it and get as far away from this shambles as possible!

worldly1

That's the sad reality of our situation and I personally can't see anyone on a month long deal staying past January. If it does happen let's cut our losses this year and give the kids some valuable match time. If we survive we'll need them more than ever.

Well they seem to now get it

But not all

number22

Hopefully things will be sorted for the better soon lets hope before XMAS then some of the better players will be given longer contracts

They have less chance of being sorted FOR THE BETTER before Xmas than India currently have of winning the Test Series......

(well done Trotty and Bell)

another little teaser from DP go on put us out of our misery what is going on.

Well done England as well.

No, that one isn't a teaser, that is a simple fact.

How can they be sorted before Xmas when the Court Case is on Jan 15th?

The one thing we have not seen ANY sign of in this rollercoaster ride is the appearance of a true Christmas Miracle. And anyway, we're discussing a small Island, think we have already confirmed that there is no hope of them EVER finding Three Wise Men down there.

I hate to be disingenuous (honest guv!), and fair play to Whittingham and a few of the players for visiting the hospital, but... only 4 players?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/health/local-health/big-thanks-to-the-blues-1-4593985

As reported in The News on Saturday, Portsmouth Football Club went to the paediatric department and medicine for older people, stroke and rehabilitation units at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham.

Club manager Guy Whittingham and four of his players stopped and had a chat with families and wished everyone at the wards a happy Christmas.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/gabor-weighing-up-pompey-exit-1-4593394

Looks like the rats are about to desert the sinking ship ?

(He is probably their best player I think!)

Any volunteers to put this poor perplexed chap out of his misery....?

spencerc

11:50 AM on 17/12/2012

The latest CVA agreement is 0.02p in the pound which equates to £900k this is easily covered when we come out of admin by the bank balance and ongoing parachute payments still outstanding. Why on earth then would the administration / costs need to be covered by the HNWs??? This makes no sense and I'm not sure what the legal psition is considering they don't own the club yet?? This would make it look like a donation?? I think the PST spokesman must answer a few question. In Sept we were reported to have at least 3m in the bank and on current wages we were now breaking even, Im very confused

And someone needs to remind this chap that the Pompey investigation team usually kicks in about 3 years after the stable doors have opened and the horses bolted... "Investigate more recent events"? What a quaint notion....

saintfrankie

11:48 AM on 17/12/2012

He isn't going to be the only one.

I do not understand why the HNW's are having to contribute.

2nd highest supported club in L1 :lol: , where is all that money going?

PKF are not being paid by that money surely?

My comments on Chanrai have always been that he wanted that revenue, has to be a few quid!

If that money isn't enough to keep you afloat now, how are you going to survive when you have to pay for Fratton and some more players?

I still do not think all the facts are in the open, even more so now. Micah Hall could do with digging a little more recent stuff and getting a proper clean slate for PFC. :rolleyes:

Edited by trousers

Firstly the hospital thing...

Being a tad cynical the first thing I did when I saw that 'Saints' had visited the hospital was to check out the photo to see who had gone - I was impressed!

These gigs often end up with the same handful of players having to cover them, ours was a great turn out.

Yes the pompey players are on monthly contracts, but they are being paid VERY well - so four is a feeble showing and just gives cynical nutjobs an easy tap in.

Secondly, as they have just been caught out telling fibs yet again, would someone from pfc like to explain why they have been persistently economic with the truth for the last few years?

We have the lowest wages, we haven't outbid anyone - whoops, we seem to be insolvent!

Even though the fans had to be thicker than the contents of a Fratton wastepipe to gobble up all the spin and the lies, that is no justification for misleading them - it must be time for an apology, and perhaps some transparency going forward.

Other managers pointed out the overpaying, pompey denied it - the ongoing losses show it was true.

It's a bit much when you have to rely on a rival fan's forum to give you the actual facts.

With no wins in ten, you can understand why they are so keen to celebrate anything, I am just not sure that a one month adjournment is a worthy of such euphoria.

In fact it would seem that Friday was a rather expensive day for them. It appears Mr Robinson has got cold feet, (More a case of severe frostbite from what I can see). Then there is the small matter if this 2 million "Floating charge" that Portpin claim pKF have acknowledged as a mistake. The only other bit I can find relating to it, is a quote from the chairman of the pdt, that their bid can cover this additional 2million (which suggests that it is real). Then just for good measure, throw in the new legal fees and ongoing administration costs and if the above assumptions are correct that little lot totals around 5 million.

No wonder they were so happy with the result :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

From the very start of this thread I have maintained, I don't want them liquidated and believed at every significant stage they would scrape through. For the first time, I am not so sure. They have one month to find someone to buy the ground on the same deal as Robinson was offering (That was the one that ate 3 million of liquid cash, didn't charge rent for the first year, charged tiny amounts for the subsequent years and had a sell on clause at roughly the same as it was purchased for) and convince a judge to let them do the deal, then they have to find this extra 2 million for this floating charge at the same time as convertng 75% of their pledges. In the mean time the remains of PP are being eaten away daily.At some point PKF (Decision could well be out of birchs hands) will have to make a call on using the remaining money to pay their fees and Chanrai's charge and call it a day. As I said, it is the first time I have ever thought it could be a possible outcome and I could be completely wrong, but as Rallyboy pointed out a few pages back.... The figures just don't seem to add up.

Its implied here that they only shifted 100 out of the 2000 or so they'd ordered - surely the most passionate & bestest fans in all the land should have bought more than 5% of the stock? Can't see them being needed next year :)

Less is more 1:08 PM on 17/12/2012

WHY WASNT THERE MORE DRESSED UP IN THEM ? SAD LOSERS JUST SHOWS THEY HAVE NO SPIRIT

P.S I'm a season ticket holder and paid for 1 ! So 1896 suits that's 1796 left for next year.

CROSSVADER2_normal.jpgCrossvaderDJ ‏@CrossvaderDJ

#saintsfc - once again #pompey timeline filled with bile about us. Once again I ask the question; what did YOU do when ur club was f***ed.

Erm....since when was having a billionaire eager to buy us classed as "f***ed"? :facepalm:

I sat on the web waiting for one of the 20+ parties that had expressed an interest in us to come in and buy us. With our infrastructure we had a lot more options!

To be honest, if Saints had been available for circa £2m I am pretty sure a Southampton Supporters Trust could have whipped up the required funds.

ps I know at least one multi-millionaire Saints fan who assured me that he and his friends would have stepped in if required.

To be honest, if Saints had been available for circa £2m I am pretty sure a Southampton Supporters Trust could have whipped up the required funds.

ps I know at least one multi-millionaire Saints fan who assured me that he and his friends would have stepped in if required.

Indeed. Pompey fans....comparing apples with oranges since 2009....

Donald Vass ‏@donaldvass

Probably best to avoid the 2013 #pompey calender - three of the players have left already and it's not even Januarypic.twitter.com/XKQ7bi1L

A-Uzw4gCcAA1J87.jpg:large

Still, look on the bright side, you can always pick it up at a bargain basement price at the Pompey "Megastore".... http://www.pompeymegastore.com/item/Pompey_2013CALENDAR_0_841_0_c.html :lol:

Edited by trousers

Meanwhile, in this week's episode of "Massive Fans"....

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Swindon-Ticket-Update-3990.aspx

Pompey have sold their initial allocation of 800 tickets for the League One match at Swindon on New Year’s Day (2pm kick-off) .

A further batch of 200 tickets have now been sent and will be available to buy from midday on Tuesday.

the last time the phrase stop tempting me trousers I can't resist was heard, it was in Avram's Grant's head when the craggy one's juices started flowing and the voices started arguing with each other.

Thankfully he let it all spill out, so to speak, when someone gave him a microphone and he vocalised his madness.

I think it's pretty clear from their attendances that the famous unbreakable spirit that he assured us would last a thousand generations, actually broke within a fortnight.

That was his famous rivers of fat speech.*

*there is another version of this sentence available after the watershed.

the last time the phrase stop tempting me trousers I can't resist was heard, it was in Avram's Grant's head when the craggy one's juices started flowing and the voices started arguing with each other.

Thankfully he let it all spill out, so to speak, when someone gave him a microphone and he vocalised his madness.

:lol:

Drink-spilled-on-keyboard-008.jpg