Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Express FM reporting that despite what Trust are saying the adjournment is a disaster. Club set to run out of cash flow money on 21 December. There is money in the club but that will need to go towards creditors and Birch. Club may be liquidated before Boxing Day if issues are not resolved.

Isn't it meant to be the end of the world on December 21st? If so they did well to survive until then ;)

Millions & Millions owed to every Tom, **** and Harry - court costs , administration costs, broken the law in respect of non payment of Taxes NI , all this to keep

12 or so guys employed for another 28 days - just close the funcking thing down once and for all

At least there was no worry re the infection reaching the brain, there's no way it could find anything that small. I know they all sleep with you, I'm bloody comatose listening to you when we go out for a drink in Salisbury. No need fro Ryhapnol (?) you just play a recording of your conversation, bang they are asleep.

Not just me then - he is so fantastic.

Or maybe a fantasty.

Express FM reporting that despite what Trust are saying the adjournment is a disaster. Club set to run out of cash flow money on 21 December. There is money in the club but that will need to go towards creditors and Birch. Club may be liquidated before Boxing Day if issues are not resolved.

Could be the best Xmas present since I got a bike when I was eight.

Edited by andysstuff
Damn I phone autocorrect

Express FM are a mouthpiece for Portpin (allegedly)...

[video=youtube_share;N5Z6sNCMvhc]

you're kidding. Mark Mudie `presents' a show and their only guests are our friends Bob Beach and Colin Farmery. All PDT stalwarts.

Ah, ok...didn't realise that. I just seem to recall Portpin using Express FM to release statements in the past (unless I'm confusing them for another broadcaster)

Especially when you take into account the cheap ticket deals they had for today's game.

Family of two adults and two children for just £30 in total!

Christ, that must be difficult to work, what with all the brother-mother-sister-father swapping that goes on over there....

Express FM are very much deluded ****wits backing the trust. Mark Mudie is as "special" as special can be, a truly clueless individual.

Do you mean deluded in their backing of the trust, or deluded in their statement about running out of funds on 21st? (Guessing 21st will be payday this month what with all the bank holidays)

12376 to see what might be their last ever game at Fratton, pathetic.

Mike,

Why are the HNW's paying the running costs for the next month?

Or are they just paying PKF's exhorbitant fees?

Surely with the games coming over the holiday period the gate receipts will be the best of the year and if the club still needs funds then this is a considerable worry.

Sorry to sound negative but it's a concern.

Of course if it is just an underwrite then they will hopefully not have to put their hands in their pockets - and frankly these guys have already done so much [as have all those that have made contributions] I wouldnt want them exposed to any further 'loss'

I, and ten others, have been paying cash to PKF every week to cover estimated losses for the next week. This will have to continue until Jan 15th or PKF will have to liquidate.

If we lose the club, we will not get this money back.

Blimey, sounds like things have gone toxic... Chinny really has them by the balls now.

I, and ten others, have been paying cash to PKF every week to cover estimated losses for the next week. This will have to continue until Jan 15th or PKF will have to liquidate.

Blimey, sounds like things have gone toxic... Chinny really has them by the balls now.

They maintain the line, "trust or liquidation". Surely letting Chainrai take over is a third option?

Express FM are very much deluded ****wits backing the trust. Mark Mudie is as "special" as special can be, a truly clueless individual.

Think you need to have a rethink of that one. Mudie cops tons of stick from POL for his pro Chainrai tendencies. And Joe Michalczuk is a blatant Chainrai sock puppet, he could easily be one of us nutjobs for the amount he gets into bed with Portpin and derides the PDT; he is absolutely despised on POL, Scumfinder General frattoniser the van driver was desperate to ban him.

Is it just me that has to wonder at the 'strategy' of the Trust from the begining? Will say it again - Chinney has everyone by the scrotal sac - 'I am a secure, I will get my money' - As such the trust and its advisors seemed to come up with an approach that could not be more boll acks if it came wraped in a soft leather sac and was swinning between the hind legs of a donkey.

In these situations, where one party holds all the strings and is pretty clear what he wants (his money back) - you dont try and beat him. You try and work with him to to find a way they can take control and pay him what is owed over a number of years - even if that means languishing in L2 to ensure payments are made and no further debt is accumulated. Chinney may be a complete bastard about it, and have high demands, but would recognise that getting more back over a number of years is better than getting less in a liquidation sale - Those PPs are likely to go to direct to the football creditors, or should do, so not sure how he could trouser that unless he jhas his own administrator in charge, and that is the one blessing the trust have - although given that this cash is heading straight out the club one way or another, not sure they should be that chuffed.

... all in all a truely inept strategy - one which has now cost them even more cash... based on a flawed financial model that was naive from teh strat, thinking they could get away with paying teh football creditors 2m in stead of the 8m owed.... the rest is just farce.

I wonder what the PNE fans made of that?

Their adult tickets were £23

See that Lee Holmes came on as sub

you will recall that League clubs are allowed to run three??? offers in a season which doesn't have to include away fans. Having said that PFC seemed to do it every game last season

They really are a bunch of deluded mongs aren't they?

I've only taken a quick look at the bare facts they've published regarding the numbers that don't add up - funny that in this age of transparency they haven't clarified the full facts! - and besides the fact that the figures just don't add up, I really cannot see any way that they will get this money back whether they 'win' or 'lose' the club.

The only person getting his money back - well some of it anyway - is the man who is secured ;)

you will recall that League clubs are allowed to run three??? offers in a season which doesn't have to include away fans. Having said that PFC seemed to do it every game last season

I think I also recall that that rule does not apply to clubs in administration or something like that (Though I may be wrong).

They could have won if it hadn't been for those pesky overpaid players...

The penny may be about to drop for some of the few - perhaps this one caught Kraken's recent post about playing the kids:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-frustrated-by-fratton-stalemate-1-4592560

Clanfield Blue 5:40 PM on 15/12/2012

"On paper, we have one of the strongest squads in the league. Again, they have let us down this afternoon. The financial issues are no excuse for poor performances - the players need to be more professional and just give 100% every game, which clearly hasn't happened. The players are an embarrassment to the club, and have really let down the supporters this season. We have a number of Championship quality players at the club, but only a handful of players have actually played with any passion and pride this season. That simply isn't good enough, so maybe we should just forget about being competitive and name an academy each side and save on the wages, as these players are clearly not worth it."

The poor standard of administrator is where I do have some sympathy for Pompey, Birch and Andronikou were appalling as officers of the court supposedly meant to be working in the interests of all the creditors. They clearly haven't been up to scratch.

This administrator won an award for his work in football, maybe Pompey should give him a ring...

Actually wait, he is the one that also cocked up and let the Fialka/Pinacle/Le Tissier take-overs have preference over Liebherr and delayed the Swiss takeover from happening for weeks. In which case, how did he win that award?! Maybe all football administrators are **** by definition!

DOH - I forgot to ask for proof of funds

Plan B is revealed - one of them will win the Lottery, so now they're only one small step from safety-

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-s-formula-for-survival-1-4591171

pompeypn1 12:48 PM on 15/12/2012

Mikeypfc no need to apologise mate I think most of us live a dream where Pompey are concerned. Take me for example, I played the euro millions on Friday with the jackpot roughly £65M and I said to the other half the first thing I'd do is buy fratton park and lease it to the trust for next to nothing. Yes indeed that pie in the sky sure do look tasty! Still haven't checked me tickets yet though mind! PUP

Clanfield Blue 5:40 PM on 15/12/2012

"On paper, we have one of the strongest squads in the league. "

do they? I honestly don't see this. I know all the talk is of them paying big wages, but there squad is full of **** and they are in exactly the position I expected them to be, maybe even better than I thought.

The poor standard of administrator is where I do have some sympathy for Pompey, Birch and Andronikou were appalling as officers of the court supposedly meant to be working in the interests of all the creditors. They clearly haven't been up to scratch.

This administrator won an award for his work in football, maybe Pompey should give him a ring...

Actually wait, he is the one that also cocked up and let the Fialka/Pinacle/Le Tissier take-overs have preference over Liebherr and delayed the Swiss takeover from happening for weeks. In which case, how did he win that award?! Maybe all football administrators are **** by definition!

I'm sorry but i fail to see how he could have done a better job. A league 1 club finding a billionaire owner who settled with the bank and paid off all other debts in full.

What would be classed as a good job if that's a bad one?

I'm sorry but i fail to see how he could have done a better job. A league 1 club finding a billionaire owner who settled with the bank and paid off all other debts in full.

Mark Fry didn't find Liebherr and Cortese, they found him.

What Mark Fry did was give exclusivity to a bunch of chancers ahead of the Swiss bid and that nearly led to us losing out on Liebherr/Cortese. Had he given Liebherr exclusivity, Saints could have had the takeover sorted out weeks earlier in the summer of 2009 and Pardew would have had longer to work with the squad in pre-season and bring his targets in. Instead Pardew was appointed a fair way into pre-season and we had a relatively poor start to League One in 2009/10.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I doubt Nicola was sitting on the Begbies table. How Fry pulled this off is a travesty unless of course there was no opposition. It was nearly the biggest balls up imaginable.

Assuming that the sly nature of Administrators did not know all along that the Swiss were the only real game in town, and would stick around.... but allowing an extra month of fees... surely that never happens ;-) - certainly not.

Mark Fry didn't find Liebherr and Cortese, they found him.

What Mark Fry did was give exclusivity to a bunch of chancers ahead of the Swiss bid and that nearly led to us losing out on Liebherr/Cortese. Had he given Liebherr exclusivity, Saints could have had the takeover sorted out weeks earlier in the summer of 2009 and Pardew would have had longer to work with the squad in pre-season and bring his targets in. Instead Pardew was appointed a fair way into pre-season and we had a relatively poor start to League One in 2009/10.

It wasn't fry's job to give us a flying start to the league 1 season. His job was to get as much money for the creditors as possible.

If Pinnacle wanted to throw money in the pot for exclusivity that was their problem. With buyers like Liebherr interested Fry could take the risk, it was a no lose gamble.

He did not find a billionaire owner - someone else did, Oldknow by all accounts - Fry found Walter Mitty aka Pinnacle.

It wasn't fry's job to give us a flying start to the league 1 season. His job was to get as much money for the creditors as possible.

If Pinnacle wanted to throw money in the pot for exclusivity that was their problem. With buyers like Liebherr interested Fry could take the risk, it was a no lose gamble.

Pinnacle threw nothing into the pot - Crouch did it on their behalf and to this day is pretty hacked off that he was conned. Fry was v amateurish in his handling of the whole affair. Liebherr nearly walked because of Fry's insistance to go with Pinnacle even though it was obvious they were just a bunch of chancers. I came on this forum and published all the correspondence from them to Fry - before they pulled out - which gave strong indications that they were not kosher. If I could see it with my limited info why couldn't Fry?

Do you tarts mind keeping you rehashed Saints takeover ******s off this thread.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry this tart, as the OP of this thread, is claiming forgiveness - just don't like seeing history re-written. In a way though it is relevant as administrator's integrity is crucial to the car crash down the road. I am not sure I have encountered one that really knows what he is doing. Administrators feed off carcasses.

Pinnacle threw nothing into the pot - Crouch did it on their behalf and to this day is pretty hacked off that he was conned. Fry was v amateurish in his handling of the whole affair. Liebherr nearly walked because of Fry's insistance to go with Pinnacle even though it was obvious they were just a bunch of chancers. I came on this forum and published all the correspondence from them to Fry - before they pulled out - which gave strong indications that they were not kosher. If I could see it with my limited info why couldn't Fry?

I doubt Leibherr was the only other person interested. When someone of his calibre calls it a "deal of the century" you can guarantee there was a queue of others interested. Even if there wasn't, the fact that Lebherr didn't walk means Fry made the correct call.

It was harsh on Crouch (who deserves more credit for what he did) but Fry's job was to get money in and that's what he did.