Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

No money in the bank, journeymen mercenaries robbing the club blind, a takeover that is a non-starter (never mind the property developers wishing to pillage the carcass for what its worth), ten point deduction on the horizon for the relegation bound ship, and now, the self-coined "bestest" fans can't be bothered to turn up in their hour of need.

Pompey, nobody cares about you. Go away quietly and die with what little dignity you have left.

that is a tough result to take - beaten at home by your local rivals as they head up and you head down.

They're coming for you, they're coming for you - Aldershot and Eastleigh are coming for you!....

No, that can't be right, pompey are a massive club, one of the biggest in Europe with a fanbase that dwarfs the likes of Rangers, Newcastle and Liverpool.

They are the most special fans, that's why players come to Fatpipes instead of going to minnows like Spurs and Celtic - I keep hearing and reading that, the fans who never give up supporting the sleepiest giant in the world.

The tables must be wrong.

It's that nasty league rewriting the results and sending emails to refs, yeah, that's the answer.

So, the end of the month rapidly approaches.

January is the transfer window.

How many of their monthly contract players will re-sign on 1st Jan and tie themselves in when they could go to a real club?

Could be a nervous few days down the road as they head for the 15th Jan

I think most of their contracts run until mid Jan so a few more weeks of the Not Vet HNWI having to stump up for some overpaid mercenaries to take them nearer the trapdoor. Such fun!

What with Mr.Robinson having renewed his vows, and the unprecedented success in converting pledges into cash, I'm expecting an urgent application to bring the Court date forward, because to wait until the last minute on 15th might suggest that they can't really improve their case.

Free to move from 1/1/13.

Let's see how many are willing to stay and face the inevitable relegation to L2.

to be honest if a few month's contract with Pompey is the best most of them could get then they'll not get much else.

Pompey just need to be wound up and have done with 3 or 4 years of just making the situation worse.

What's the latest from the propaganda office? Was the referee overawed by the big occasion and were Crawley playing their cup final?

Blaming the pitch.

''Yesterday’s game was hampered by the pitch cutting up amid torrential rain for much of the match – certainly a concern with Yeovil visiting on Saturday.'

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-crawley-2-1-4621203

Blaming the pitch.

''Yesterday’s game was hampered by the pitch cutting up amid torrential rain for much of the match – certainly a concern with Yeovil visiting on Saturday.'

Ah, of course. The pitch. I knew something must have prevented them from steaming to victory.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/pompey-boss-lifts-lid-on-shock-striker-omission-1-4621196

Guy Whittingham has revealed Izale McLeod’s Crawley omission was down to tactical reasons rather than a sign he is heading out of Fratton Park.

The Blues’ top scorer was yesterday dropped from the side for the first time this season.

Paul Benson was instead preferred in the 2-1 defeat to the Reds.

The on-loan striker netted Pompey’s only goal, with McLeod appearing as a 74th-minute substitute.

McLeod has already been linked with a move to Swindon and is expected to attract plenty of interest when the transfer window re-opens.

Whittingham is adamant the former Barnet man has not told him of any intent to quit, though.

And the caretaker boss revealed the decision to axe McLeod after 25 successive starts was down to a wish to operate with a 4-3-3.

He said: ‘Izale has done a fantastic job for us when he has played in that wide area.

‘We just thought yesterday that Paul Benson was the right way to go and felt Mendez-Laing might create something for us.

‘Darel Russell and Brian Howard have got themselves forward well and that is what we were looking for this time.

‘We did bring Izale on to try to help us in the 4-4-2 situation.

‘He is not a wide man, it is a special position. People think you can play him all over the place but we want players playing where they should be playing.

‘Although Izale wasn’t picked up front yesterday – we felt the game was right for Paul Benson to play in that position.

‘Come Yeovil we will reassess.

‘Benson is a bit more combative in the air, he is better coming to the ball.

‘Whereas, it is no secret Izale is one of those who you want to put in a ball for him to run on to.’

Regardless of yesterday’s reasons, there is growing uncertainty McLeod will stay at Fratton Park.

His contract runs out on January 16, along with seven other players.With 11 goals to his name he will attract other clubs and arguably will be Pompey’s most coveted player next month.

Certainly Whittingham is anticipating plenty of interest in the striker. He added: ‘Izale has not said anything at all that he could be going.

‘Of course I am expecting interest, though.

‘He’s our top scorer with 11 goals this season and up among the highest in the league.

‘I would be interested in him if I was somewhere else.

‘Especially as he’s a free agent.

‘All players want is a bit of security and at the moment this football club cannot offer it.

‘It can offer great fans, great support, what I think is a good coaching side of things with top staff.

‘What we cannot offer them – if they are looking for it – is security and for that reason some could go next month.’

As much as I hate to do this, neither the report nor Whittingham or the players interviewed blame the pitch for the result at all.

Really?

Yesterday’s game was hampered by the pitch cutting up amid torrential rain for much of the match – certainly a concern with Yeovil visiting on Saturday.

From : http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-1-crawley-2-1-4621203

Nothing is being made up if knobhead neil is reporting the facts in his usual, factual, not making stuff up way ;)

Blaming the pitch.

Ah that old classic - of course Pompey has to suffer a muddy cut up pitch where as Crawley were playing on a lush green snooker table

well thats weird the mates i work with were of the same opinion as me, Both teams were feckin s**t But!! we had the edge,:blush:
having the edge of being the sh##iest Mack?

99.9% of the time i really want your lot to be culled, then I see decent football fans like you Mack and then feel guilty. i feel better now i ve said that, roll on the liquidation

It's easy to see why the DFCSBs felt he had no future there and they were better off with a couple of 30+ Champ has-beens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20858382

Josh is a hungry young player who wants to better himself....... He has shown he is a player with tremendous ability and he has the potential to improve even further

I tell you, it's in the water down there....

Jeez, some of you need to get a life - more interested in what's happening down that end of the M27 than our own club!

What is going on at our own club that is of such interest right now? Seems to be a dull news period. Even the mainboarders have by-and-large given it a skip.

Oh dear, pitch inspection tomorrow - hope they weren't relying on the cash to pay December's wages.

Is the season ticket money that is released on a game by game basis released on the date the game should have been played or the day it is played I wonder?

Pompey flooding the pitch;) no doubt:rolleyes: as they have no players.:D

They have all left for smaller less supported football teams.

They flood the pitch so they can bring their subs on.

Oh I forgot, they can't fill the bench, so no, that old chestnut doesn't work either.

Bit like their clock

Jeez, some of you need to get a life - more interested in what's happening down that end of the M27 than our own club!

Sorry, the main board is just unbearable at times. Militant, bedwetting trolls droning on about the same old tired things... this place is a happy place :)

Oh dear, pitch inspection tomorrow

Do what? You mean to say they've been buying players they couldn't afford for over 5 years rather than investing in infrastructure projects such as a decent drainage system? You're 'avin' a larf arn'cha?

Edited by trousers

I'd imagine they are desperate to get the game on, in terms of better the devil you know. Another delayed fixture is bad news in many ways for Pompey. At least they have a semblance of a squad right now and 3 points would be a morale booster for the PST financial cause. Although if Yeovil win, it would be a very bitter blow.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})