Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Relax, Kraken. I think it's all part of Tricky Trev's devious plot to burn through as much of the remaining parachute payments as possible,

in order to leave Chinny with diddly-squat. Spiteful? Maybe, but Trev was hand picked by HMRC. :D

I thought that excellent chap Chinny paid tax? I can't remember anyone saying he didn't but then

at my age I forget lots of things.:(

I thought that excellent chap Chinny paid tax? I can't remember anyone saying he didn't but then

at my age I forget lots of things.:(

Chinnys pays tax as far as we know. PFC on the other hand have got away with millions in unpaid tax and have embarrassed the taxman in court as well, hence their desire to appoint Trev as admi is tractor this time.

@solentsport: #pompey loan striker Paul Benson has turned down permanent move to Bradford we understand, with a view to extending his stay at Fratton Park

Hmmm....I wonder why that could be....nothing to do with higher wages of course....

@solentsport: #pompey loan striker Paul Benson has turned down permanent move to Bradford we understand, with a view to extending his stay at Fratton Park

Hmmm....I wonder why that could be....nothing to do with higher wages of course....

Don't be silly, of course not. They've got the lowest wage bill in League 1. He only wants to stay to play in front of the bestest fans in the land. Fans that racially abuse their own players, fans that boo their own players when they're about to take a penalty, fans that are the most loyal in world (except for when 50% of them desert the team in their hour of need). Fans that sing songs lamenting how poor their team is, and do the conga dressed as smurfs. Those super fans.

Benson's a true-blue legendary hero!

In the seedy world of football there is still some loyalty.

Against a backdrop of cash-strapped chaos the battling star striker has turned his back on other clubs, ignored a large queue of suitors and pledged his future to the sleeping giant!

'There's only one club I want to play for' muttered the underperforming journeyman as he wheeled another barrow of cash up Frogmore Road, 'I want to stay and fight for this great shirt and fire the goals that lead the plucky blue troops to safety!'

It's a story to warm your heart - a player so inspired by the faithful travelling army and great facilities that he has spurned a much larger wage offer* and stability elsewhere.

But how long will it be before the official HeroVillainometer reclassifies the loyal silky-skilled frontman as a greedy carthorse bleeding the club dry?

The script is now stuck on repeat.

*turned down a fulltime contract elsewhere?...alarm bells...:scared:

he heard that Merson thought playing at QPR was brill,nothing to do with 30k a week.surely HR will not know the agent

Neither QPR nor Redknapp have ever had any dealings with Mr Joorabchian. Definitely not :shakey:

Edit: Or is it Zahavi? I keep getting those two ****s mixed up :wave:

Neither QPR nor Redknapp have ever had any dealings with Mr Joorabchian. Definitely not :shakey:

Edit: Or is it Zahavi? I keep getting those two ****s mixed up :wave:

At QPR it's both. Some of the tales I've heard about the previous regime would make even Harry blush.

He's one of the players on loan, so he already has a permanent contract, with Swindon. It's no big sacrifice for him to stay on his Swindon wage and not have to move house, rather than move to Bradford. It's the monthly contract ones that will be leaving for permanent contracts.

He's one of the players on loan, so he already has a permanent contract, with Swindon. It's no big sacrifice for him to stay on his Swindon wage and not have to move house, rather than move to Bradford. It's the monthly contract ones that will be leaving for permanent contracts.

Spoilsport ;)

Skates on Sky tonight v Walsall, expect more slobbering over their "passionate, loyal fans" and a quick recap on how "long-suffering" they are, as well as how "unfortunate" they are and how they've done so well with such a tight grip on their finances and restrictions in place by the league. Oh, and not to mention what a "big club" they are. :facepalm:

Skates on Sky tonight v Walsall, expect more slobbering over their "passionate, loyal fans" and a quick recap on how "long-suffering" they are, as well as how "unfortunate" they are and how they've done so well with such a tight grip on their finances and restrictions in place by the league. Oh, and not to mention what a "big club" they are. :facepalm:

The fact that they have been unlucky and are a big club I have had £250 on Walsall to win I was having £500 on. LOL

It will be like Sycophantic Bingo - Pompey Edition.

League one teams must be loving all these "cup finals" they get when they play this massive club

Pompeys support is now ingrained as fact. Stoke will forever have the same reputation.

I recall the saying 'there are only 2 things certain in life, death and taxes' sadly Pompey seem to avoid both

Not in this part of the world it isn't. Mention pompey's support and you'll get the same answer over again "tw.at with a bell".

I thought Stoke were only famous for the fact that (Sir)Stanley Mathews played for them.

I hadn't heard that they had massive support like pimpey.

again, the media have taken it on that their support is fantastic. I think they are the loudest or something like that. Watching football for over 40 years and neither club were on the radar as superb, it is just the lazy media now.

They've only sold 600 for tonight. We took over double that to West Brom, similarly on Sky. We also pretty much sold out Walsall on a Tuesday night there a couple of seasons back too.

Remember it well, we essentially sold out the entire stand. Hopefully they get the same luck we had that night.

@Agentor73787152: @Pompeys12thMan @pompeytrust We're not just saving PFC, we're saving football. Anyone who disagrees must be blinkered! #BackThePSTBid

holy crap,nauseating tosh or what

:facepalm:

F()cking hell. No, you single-handedly skewed English football for 10 years. Utter c()nts.

@solentsport: #Pompey Supporters’ Trust Chairman Ashley Brown: “timescales we think we’re working to at the moment mean 10 points will hit us this season”

I saw that too. Don't they *have* to get the 10 points this year, as they can't start a 2nd season in the same admin?

I guess the only wriggle room would be if they came out of admin in the summer?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})