Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Reads like it was written by a 5 year old..

Just what I was thinking. A quick example:

"...and if an agreement has not been reached, then the court will allocate time to a hearing, if the two parties have not reached agreement."

Sorry, not sure if that's clear enough - what happens if the parties haven't reached an agreement? :lol:

The FL can give the -10 at anytime.

Personally I like the scenario that they go down due to being gash and get the -10 in L2.

Yep. No point applying the -10 if the punishment is meaningless. Hey, let's face it, they are going down regardless of points deduction.

Colin the Farmer also added this on the Pompey message board:

"There is a misconception among some about the next court hearing. The case was adjourned to allow the two parties (PKF and Portpin) time to find a resolution (not looking likely, but you never know) or for either party to come back to the court with an alternative proposal. As yet neither has done so, but they have until January 15. The next hearing effectively puts the case back into the system, so the likely outcome (assuming no last minute agreement) will see PKF ask for a hearing date to establish whether it can proceed with the deal it has done with PST / Stuart Robinson to sell Fratton Park for circa £2.6m. [EDIT: the 'hitch' in this original deal has been well publicised, but progress is being made towards a re-worked deal, which PST believes could be better than the original] At the last hearing, the judge was clearly aware of the urgency of the situation, so I would anticipate a definitive hearing sooner rather than later (say end of January). I understand your logic over not converting until after the outcome (and our phone calls suggest you are far from alone), but I believe it is flawed. If you convert now your £900 goes into escrow and is ringfenced until the takeover goes through. It cannot be used for any other purpose. However, every additional pound converted between now and the court case bolsters the PST bid in the eyes of the judge. There is a risk that by not converting now you are harming the prospect of achieving what your pledge intended to do."

"There is a misconception among some about the next court hearing. The case was adjourned to allow the two parties (PKF and Portpin) time to find a resolution (not looking likely, but you never know) or for either party to come back to the court with an alternative proposal. As yet neither has done so, but they have until January 15. The next hearing effectively puts the case back into the system, so the likely outcome (assuming no last minute agreement) will see PKF ask for a hearing date to establish whether it can proceed with the deal it has done with PST / Stuart Robinson to sell Fratton Park for circa £2.6m. [EDIT: the 'hitch' in this original deal has been well publicised, but progress is being made towards a re-worked deal, which PST believes could be better than the original] At the last hearing, the judge was clearly aware of the urgency of the situation, so I would anticipate a definitive hearing sooner rather than later (say end of January). I understand your logic over not converting until after the outcome (and our phone calls suggest you are far from alone), but I believe it is flawed. If you convert now your £900 goes into escrow and is ringfenced until the takeover goes through. It cannot be used for any other purpose. However, every additional pound converted between now and the court case bolsters the PST bid in the eyes of the judge. There is a risk that by not converting now you are harming the prospect of achieving what your pledge intended to do."

Colin has confirmed that conversion is in the mid/upper 50s%.

Too low.

I understand your logic over not converting until after the outcome (and our phone calls suggest you are far from alone), but I believe it is flawed. If you convert now your £900 goes into escrow and is ringfenced until the takeover goes through. It cannot be used for any other purpose. However, every additional pound converted between now and the court case bolsters the PST bid in the eyes of the judge. There is a risk that by not converting now you are harming the prospect of achieving what your pledge intended to do."

They are desperate. Their figures do not add up and the judges will see it.

They are desperate. Their figures do not add up and the judges will see it.

To be honest "the judge" is used as an excuse only when the PDT want it to be. They claim (rightly) that the court case is between PKF and Portpin. They claim that the PDT have nothing at all to do with the court case; they are independent to it. Yet in the same breath they claim they can't release actual conversion figures because of the court case (despite going on to release news articles showing the actual conversion rate, and confirming the conversion rate on twitter).

To be honest "the judge" is used as an excuse only when the PDT want it to be. They claim (rightly) that the court case is between PKF and Portpin. They claim that the PDT have nothing at all to do with the court case; they are independent to it. Yet in the same breath they claim they can't release actual conversion figures because of the court case (despite going on to release news articles showing the actual conversion rate, and confirming the conversion rate on twitter).

Just goes to show, if they cannot even get their own situation/party line clear what hope do they realistically have?

Edited by Colinjb

[EDIT: the 'hitch' in this original deal has been well publicised, but progress is being made towards a re-worked deal, which PST believes could be better than the original]

Is he talking about the £2m debenture here? How could a new deal be better? Does he mean a lower price now or a lower price if the PDT can scrape together some money in the future and buy the ground back?

However, every additional pound converted between now and the court case bolsters the PST bid in the eyes of the judge.

The judge isn't weighing the merit of the bid. The Trust have nothing to do with the court case. This is a transparent attempt at a sales pitch to get people to convert their pledges. Why can't they just be honest and open about the reasons they give for people to donate their money, rather than inventing these idiotic lies.

Regarding the creditors meeting, I wonder why this has been mentioned now? Has it been planned for long or has Chinny rung up Trev recently and insisted on it to question the money he's flushing down the toilet on the court case and try and get a change of administrator before they get a date for the hearing?

Since it's pretty obvious that the deal won't get done before the end of the transfer window, I can't see them signing anyone other than loans (if they don't already have the maximum allowed in their squad) or free agents like Connolly. The only reason they're talking about playing the youth is because they might not have any other option. No player is going to move on a free transfer, moving from a secure contract to a monthly deal.

Was told a few things today by a friend of a friend of a friends dog walker, who may or may not know an injured pompey midfielder, who may or may not be a saints fan and who doesn't really want to be there any more. Won't say any more as don't want to put the website in any libel trouble, just in case this info isn't true. What I will say is, butter, marmite or jam?:smug:

They are struggling to get anymore to converted, they are plateauing out and they haven't enough ££.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a chance that the judge might actually refuse to grant permission for the sale of Fratton, and therefore the whole valuation process becomes redundant. There's already rumours coming out of POL that Robinson has already lined up a development deal with Tesco for the land around the ground; that instantly changes the whole dynamic and the potential value of the actual ground itself, given that any development of the land and ground will have to go hand in hand to get council approval.

Others have already mentioned the gaping holes in this - the fact that the rate of pledge conversions has nothing to do with a case which doesn't even involve the PDT, etc - but the bit I've emboldened caught my eye. What, exactly, made the judge aware of this urgency? Could it have been the fact that the party bringing the case in the first instance promptly sought an adjournment the minute the thing actually came to court?

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a chance that the judge might actually refuse to grant permission for the sale of Fratton, and therefore the whole valuation process becomes redundant. There's already rumours coming out of POL that Robinson has already lined up a development deal with Tesco for the land around the ground; that instantly changes the whole dynamic and the potential value of the actual ground itself, given that any development of the land and ground will have to go hand in hand to get council approval.

orly.gif

Wow, I am amazed if that is true. Who could ever have seen that coming?

Just imagine the row IF all those who pledged then paid found out that this was the plan all along and they just helped ensure that nottarf gets bulldozed while they have to look up train times to Havant & Waterlooville.

No that couldn't possibly happen. Surely not.

another blow for the former greatest fanbase in sporting history, it seems that mighty Hastings have gone past them now.

The semi-pro minnows took more than a 1,000 all the way to Middlesbrough, knocking the 'amazing' 400 to Walsall off the leaderboard.

And even though Hastings aren't gobbing off about how great everyone must think they are, surely it makes them bigger and more bestest than pompey.

Vengeance News

The heroes of The Great FA Cup Robbery - where are they now?

O'Hara.

Yesterday he was given the runaround by non-league Luton, the team that was penalised for financial irregularities that were minor compared to the blatant criminality that took O'Hara to Wembley and saw him strutting around St Mary's thinking he was Pele.

Yes, the tubby little midfield maestro who was resigned illegally specifically for SMS via false accounting presented to a court, was humiliated by non-league opposition, and in performing so badly he helped get another manager sacked.

What's that behind you?

Oh, that'll be your career!

I love karma.

another blow for the former greatest fanbase in sporting history, it seems that mighty Hastings have gone past them now.

The semi-pro minnows took more than a 1,000 all the way to Middlesbrough, knocking the 'amazing' 400 to Walsall off the leaderboard.

And even though Hastings aren't gobbing off about how great everyone must think they are, surely it makes them bigger and more bestest than pompey.

Vengeance News

The heroes of The Great FA Cup Robbery - where are they now?

O'Hara.

Yesterday he was given the runaround by non-league Luton, the team that was penalised for financial irregularities that were minor compared to the blatant criminality that took O'Hara to Wembley and saw him strutting around St Mary's thinking he was Pele.

Yes, the tubby little midfield maestro who was resigned illegally specifically for SMS via false accounting presented to a court, was humiliated by non-league opposition, and in performing so badly he helped get another manager sacked.

What's that behind you?

Oh, that'll be your career!

I love karma.

I love the passion in your writing RB.

I am surprised there isn't more comment on the fact Pompey are going to train on Fratton Park. Only two weeks ago the pitch was part blamed for yet another defeat in their 13 matches without a win.

They can stay in hotels, but they can't afford to train. Their pitch can't cope with matches, let alone extra training. If they can't pay the training ground, who else can't they pay? are the High Net Worth'ers running with their cash?

How many training grounds have they been thrown off now? "other facilities round Portsmouth"... Are they training on Southsea beach now?

I am surprised there isn't more comment on the fact Pompey are going to train on Fratton Park. Only two weeks ago the pitch was part blamed for yet another defeat in their 13 matches without a win.

They can stay in hotels, but they can't afford to train. Their pitch can't cope with matches, let alone extra training. If they can't pay the training ground, who else can't they pay? are the High Net Worth'ers running with their cash?

How many training grounds have they been thrown off now? "other facilities round Portsmouth"... Are they training on Southsea beach now?

Surely one of their HNW piggy banks must have a large lawn?

The main reason they trained in Eastleigh was because they claimed there were no adequate facilities on the Island of Dr Moreau.

I'll reserve judgement on whether the main reason they trained at Eastleigh was because it was easier for Harry to get to from Sandbanks, or as most of the players lived at the nicer end of the M27, it was easier for them as well.

But surely Portsmouth University and the Royal Navy have good facilities?

You can't tell me that the RN's school of physical fitness as HMS Temeraire doesn't have state of the art facilities.

What about Portsmouth Grammar School? St John's College?

So the question you have to ask then is why they don't train at any of these places?

And the answer comes back to the fact that their reputation as serial non-payers is now coming back to haunt them in the community they have shafted from soup to nuts.

Apart from the Blue Phew who would blindly follow them to hell in a handcart, nobody else wants anything to do with them. They are outcasts in their own society.

Even though they are apparently worth £300m a year to the local economy.

It really is pathetic.

Even clubs like Sholing, Eastleigh and Totton have their own training pitches so they don't have to train on their main stadium pitch.

That illegally-bought FA Cup win is starting to look a better investment every day.

The main reason they trained in Eastleigh was because they claimed there were no adequate facilities on the Island of Dr Moreau.

I'll reserve judgement on whether the main reason they trained at Eastleigh was because it was easier for Harry to get to from Sandbanks, or as most of the players lived at the nicer end of the M27, it was easier for them as well.

You can't tell me that the RN's school of physical fitness as HMS Temeraire doesn't have state of the art facilities.

So the question you have to ask then is why they don't train at any of these places?

And the answer comes back to the fact that their reputation as serial non-payers is now coming back to haunt them in the community they have shafted from soup to nuts.

Apart from the Blue Phew who would blindly follow them to hell in a handcart, nobody else wants anything to do with them. They are outcasts in their own society.

It really is pathetic.

Even clubs like Sholing, Eastleigh and Totton have their own training pitches so they don't have to train on their main stadium pitch.

That illegally-bought FA Cup win is starting to look a better investment every day.

I think we may of (er how do you put it? are yes) Out stayed our welcome at most of these training venues in the past, HTH

Farlington playing fields aren't gated off, nor is King Georg V so they could train there. Change in the cars like many a pub/low level team has had to, or change at Fratton and drive down. Back to Fratton for showers and the treatment room... sorted.
have they tried Horton Heath? I thought AVram had done a few sortie there to try the showers and treatment rooms for them

Farlington playing fields aren't gated off, nor is King George V so they could train there. Change in the cars like many a pub/low level team has had to, or change at Fratton and drive down. Back to Fratton for showers and the treatment room... sorted.

Sue

On recent performances:rolleyes: Portsmiff ....would already be likened to a pub team:p

Just put the jumpers down as goalposts on Southsea Common will be order of the day.;)

It really is pathetic.

Bournemouth's training ground for a good long while was Canford School. Nice surroundings, I went there a few times to do pre-match interviews with Eddie Howe.

canford.jpg

Heard a little whisper that they played a friendly against the KEVth Playing Field Cones and lost 1-0.

The humiliation was too much to bear especially as only 10 cones were available due to cutbacks.

if its cones you want then Al Fahim is your man, he's got a van full of the things.

If you want nuts on top then give Avram a call - but don't ask him for sauce.

:lol:

I don't know who you are but you're one of the funniest people I've ever not known

one day Crabman all will be revealed, and you, me, Trousers, the Gemster, mad Phil, doubting Nick and all the great Nutjobs of the world will gather together as one big dysfunctional family at the PTS thread closure party. :)

I have that dream....

And when we do, we'll raise a glass to the months/years of our lives that we have lost on here....

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Locks Heath the sons of former skates and the sons of former scummers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Paulsgrove, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my little Nutjob friends will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their shirts but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today....

I have a dream that one day, down in Portsea, with its vicious cross-eyed toothless mythmakers, with its MP having her lips dripping with the support of vote-harvesting, tax evasion and criminality, one day right there in Somers Town, little red boys and girls will be able to join hands with little blue boys and girls as sisters and brothers, but it ends at holding hands.

I have a dream today...

I have a dream that one day every Hampshire valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of our truly one club county be revealed...

For I have been to the top of Portsdown Hill....and I have looked over, and I have seen the promised land, though I did have to lean out a bit and look to the right quite a lot.

one day Crabman all will be revealed, and you, me, Trousers, the Gemster, mad Phil, doubting Nick and all the great Nutjobs of the world will gather together as one big dysfunctional family at the PTS thread closure party. :)

I have that dream....

And when we do, we'll raise a glass to the months/years of our lives that we have lost on here....

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Locks Heath the sons of former skates and the sons of former scummers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Paulsgrove, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my little Nutjob friends will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their shirts but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today....

I have a dream that one day, down in Portsea, with its vicious cross-eyed toothless mythmakers, with its MP having her lips dripping with the support of vote-harvesting, tax evasion and criminality, one day right there in Somers Town, little red boys and girls will be able to join hands with little blue boys and girls as sisters and brothers, but it ends at holding hands.

I have a dream today...

I have a dream that one day every Hampshire valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of our truly one club county be revealed...

For I have been to the top of Portsdown Hill....and I have looked over, and I have seen the promised land, though I did have to lean out a bit and look to the right quite a lot.

If anyone offers you a couple of free nights in a place called the Lorraine Motel don't step out on to the balcony.

We like your honesty Mack

Indeed, provided one turns a blind eye to his speling and grammer.

Sue

On recent performances:rolleyes: Portsmiff ....would already be likened to a pub team:p

Just put the jumpers down as goalposts on Southsea Common will be order of the day.;)

That'll be excellent practice for how they'll be playing their home matches a year or so from now.

Sue

Unfortunately this one is a non starter.

Once news gets out that their plucky heroes are training there, it will be descended on by 250000 of Skatesmuff's finest to in a pilgramage of remembrance of their great Cup Winning parade.

....... or maybe not. LOL.

Unfortunately this one is a non starter.

Once news gets out that their plucky heroes are training there, it will be descended on by 250000 of Skatesmuff's finest to in a pilgramage of remembrance of their great Cup Winning parade.

....... or maybe not. LOL.

Is it still only "250,000", it seems so long ago since the original "around 100,000 turned out for the triumphant homecoming", surely it's now up to "300,000" down on Fantasy Island?

:lol:

I don't know who you are but you're one of the funniest people I've ever not known

Well said Crabby! Ditto this!!

I have that dream....

I have a dream today....

I have a dream today...

Excellent, as always, RB!!!!

(N.B. I will do my utmost to attend any such party as mentioned above.)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})