Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Assumming the creditors meeting this week hasn't happened yet. Does anyone know if the creditors can pass a motion (And if it actually means anything) of no confidence?

Just thinking out loud....

They can apply to court to remove the administrator from office (and for an alternative to be appointed).

This is what chinny tried at the last court date.

Insolvency rule 2.122 if you're feeling geeky.

Given in 2012 they burned more in operating costs than they received in parachute payments (I assume?), surely the optimum time to have liquidated was August 2012, just after the last parachute payments were received? Waiting until the February 2013 parachute payment date surely leaves them in a worse overall position (assets vs debts) than they were in Aug 2012. Ergo, the administrator has already failed in his duty to provide the creditors with the best return since the club went into administration?

Depends on the relative size of parachute installments. Are they the same, or might they get more in February than they got last time? If so and they liquidate then, thereby avoiding having to give the football creditors priority, the nmaybe there would be more cash for the creditors as a whole?

January: King Kanu, the wage reclaimer.

February: Something for valentines day, the skate woman lifting her shirt in the crowd at wembley.

March: #Blank Page# The Ali Al Farage portrait.

April: A smiling and smug Peter Storrie

May: Andrew Andronikou signing autographs

June: The Scooter in front of the Fratton Park wastela/....carpark.

July: John PFC Westwood, in all his horror.

August: The fan holding the 'Pay up Pompey sign' from a few posts above.

September: Sulemain Al Fahim portrait.

October: 'Appy Appleton/Steve Cotterill in profile.

November: The crowd of Skates at Southampton Central

December: The Harbour potty-dome.

Now, anyone with a bit of graphic design ability..... you know what to do. ;)

What about Avram coming out of massage parlour in Horton Heath?

I wonder how signficant this belated cost cutting by Birch is? In mid(?) February, PFC will have been in adminstration for a year, the automatic maximum for a normal business. They (PKF) will have to approach the court to get permission to carry on beyond that date. That ought to be fairly routine, but not if they are running at an ongoing loss.

So, if the HNWs are no longer baling out the losses, Birch will have to jettison everything he can to make the court agree to keep this golden goose going for PKF. He'll have been in no hurry at all to agree a deal with the university, or anyone else, for training facilities for example.

Or maybe it is worse (better!) than that ? Maybe Birch sees the end finally approaching and is cutting all the ongoing commitments he can, to finally do his job and save as much of the February parachute money as he can for the creditors.

Does anyone know if the payment is due in before or after the anniversary of administration? That could just be significant

There's quite a few pictures of the players on that calendar that have been taken in front of empty seats. This can't be right.

They were taken in front of the away fans section during a match when the travaling support was poor due

to them being frightened to attend as they heard the bestest fans were too;) intimidating

They were taken in front of the away fans section during a match when the travaling support was poor due

to them being frightened to attend as they heard the bestest fans were too;) intimidating

Talking of away support, one of the Few posted this on another site as an example of the "great support".

About 6 of them singing, a few smurfs, a strangled trumpet sound, a bell, and a drummer out of tune. How the **** can you play a drum so badly, is beyond me.

Mansfield made a very touching tribute to the Hillsborough victims by leaving 96 seats empty for the Liverpool game.

Portsmouth are planning to make a similar tribute to the victims of bubonic plague this weekend.

I probably shouldn't laugh at such dark humour but I did

Edited by trousers

Mansfield made a very touching tribute to the Hillsborough victims by leaving 96 seats empty for the Liverpool game.

Portsmouth are planning to make a similar tribute to the victims of bubonic plague this weekend.

Brilliant. A genuine laugh out loud moment. Just glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read it. :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

How much is the last PP? I would be odd if they can't drag things out to get that. If PKF decided not to sell FP at this point could they just say to the court "Changed our minds, no need for you to decided if this figure is correct as we are not going to sell now" and back away quietly from the court?

Sorry Lighthouse, have had to borrow and adapt for Twitter - brilliant

Photoshop at the ready tonight

I look forward to the result!

Chuckled out loud several times over the last few pages...I will miss this if they do go pop...I mean there will still be plenty to take the p*ss out of but surely the comedy can't maintain this quality from the Wessex League?

Look, I know the new Calendar is a key moment in the timeline of this thread.

And the Bubonic Plague victims memorial is yet another classic.

But in the midst of all the merriment I just want to say Anne Bancroft. Yes, you remember her. Young Dustin was able to do naughty things because?

??

Somebody wasn't around when he came calling....

As in.....

I wonder where Mr Robinson has been these past weeks.

What was the last we heard? Waiting on a deal in Birmingham was it?

And?

Oh dear, what would happen if he just left his partner to get screwed as in the film?

Email out to everyone on their database :) :) :) :)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE SUPPORT

"Your fans are an absolute example to the rest of us"

While the team has found getting results tough in recent weeks, the Pompey fans just keep right on going, leaving a trail of admirers in their wake.

Former Millwall Chairman Theo Paphitis was a guest at the home match with Yeovil on December 29th and later tweeted about our "amazing passionate fans".

Following our heavy defeat at Swindon on New Years Day Swindon's twitter feed tweeted:

The County Ground (@CountyGround)

01/01/2013 15:56

Given the circumstances your fans are an absolute example to the rest of us. Outstanding. @officialpompey

Fans site Vital Swindon were also moved to pen an article praising your incredible support:

EDITORS BLOG: Pompey Fans A Credit

Normally I wouldn't write an article about opposition fans but following today's 5-0 win over Pompey, special mention must go to the travelling Portsmouth fans who made the trip to the County Ground today.

1,504 Pompey fans made the pilgrimage to Swindon to watch their team take a 5-0 beating but to them, it didn't matter.

Read more:

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=304160#ixzz2HJFb74Bh

And after Pompey went down by two goals to nil at Walsall Vital Walsall also tweeted.

Vital Walsall (@VitalWalsall)

04/01/2013 23:43

@officialpompey Fans are a real credit to the club. Nearly 500 vocal fans on a night when it would be easier watching on the box #commitment

As always, Pompey's officials were inundated with compliments about your support over the Christmas period and Adam Webster showed his appreciation on twitter.

As everyone knows, the club is making every effort to exit administration as soon as possible so that the vital rebuilding work the club needs can begin. Without your incredible support this would be impossible.

Thank you for sticking with us in such great numbers and such fine voice. We know you will be there for us when Notts County come to Fratton Park on Saturday 12th January. If you don't yet have a ticket, please click the link on the right and book your place at Fratton Park for the best atmosphere in world football.

Together, we will build a bright future.

From everyone at Portsmouth Football Club,

Thanks

Edited by Gemmel

Email out to everyone on their database :) :) :) :)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INCREDIBLE SUPPORT

"Your fans are an absolute example to the rest of us"

While the team has found getting results tough in recent weeks, the Pompey fans just keep right on going, leaving a trail of admirers in their wake.

Former Millwall Chairman Theo Paphitis was a guest at the home match with Yeovil on December 29th and later tweeted about our "amazing passionate fans".

Following our heavy defeat at Swindon on New Years Day Swindon's twitter feed tweeted:

The County Ground (@CountyGround)

01/01/2013 15:56

Given the circumstances your fans are an absolute example to the rest of us. Outstanding. @officialpompey

Fans site Vital Swindon were also moved to pen an article praising your incredible support:

EDITORS BLOG: Pompey Fans A Credit

Normally I wouldn't write an article about opposition fans but following today's 5-0 win over Pompey, special mention must go to the travelling Portsmouth fans who made the trip to the County Ground today.

1,504 Pompey fans made the pilgrimage to Swindon to watch their team take a 5-0 beating but to them, it didn't matter.

Read more:

http://www.swindon.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=304160#ixzz2HJFb74Bh

And after Pompey went down by two goals to nil at Walsall Vital Walsall also tweeted.

Vital Walsall (@VitalWalsall)

04/01/2013 23:43

@officialpompey Fans are a real credit to the club. Nearly 500 vocal fans on a night when it would be easier watching on the box #commitment

As always, Pompey's officials were inundated with compliments about your support over the Christmas period and Adam Webster showed his appreciation on twitter.

As everyone knows, the club is making every effort to exit administration as soon as possible so that the vital rebuilding work the club needs can begin. Without your incredible support this would be impossible.

Thank you for sticking with us in such great numbers and such fine voice. We know you will be there for us when Notts County come to Fratton Park on Saturday 12th January. If you don't yet have a ticket, please click the link on the right and book your place at Fratton Park for the best atmosphere in world football.

Together, we will build a bright future.

From everyone at Portsmouth Football Club,

Thanks

Yes, all well and good but why is Dustin ****ging Anne Bancroft.

Where is????????????

Because...........

IF............

He has been so quiet all over the past weeks..........

Where is he?

Just to clarify; a couple of soundbites from PDT bod Ashley Brown.

Ashley Brown‏@AshBeen23

The administrator is forced to cut costs due to pressure from his creditors. Ask yourself who they are?

bloody creditors, how dare they ask to be paid back some time soon.

Is this your news mate :)

Don't be silly.

I simply observe and comment on the bleeding obvious.

Then occassionally I find out gems (such as CSI's biz plan which, you may recall, caused hohoho to have a break down over budgeting) which cause me to go off the rails but I then go off into oblique mode.

This is different. I simply wonder why Dustin hasn't been given a whack with a blunt instrument from an outraged hubbie. That ain't oblique.

Don't be silly.

I simply observe and comment on the bleeding obvious.

Then occassionally I find out gems (such as CSI's biz plan which, you may recall, caused hohoho to have a break down over budgeting) which cause me to go off the rails but I then go off into oblique mode.

This is different. I simply wonder why Dustin hasn't been given a whack with a blunt instrument from an outraged hubbie. That ain't oblique.

Too right it isn't Phil - it's bloody horizontal! What ARE you hinting at cos I don't get it at all!

Too right it isn't Phil - it's bloody horizontal! What ARE you hinting at cos I don't get it at all!

Dustin sh@gged Mrs Robinson because her hubby wasn't around.

Now who do we know are in a close relationship with Mr Robinson. Who could in fact be called his "other half".

So, where is he? In the days since (just before) the court hearing we have had only a bland press release from the PDT, but nothing from the man himself.

Seeing as he is pretty fecking central to the whole endeavour I think it is a valid question to ask. After all TB has to have "his issue with him" resolved within the next 6 days or the court hearing to see if they have solved their problems so they can set a new date for the valuation hearing will be "a problem"

We hear nothing from him or about him and woosh cost cutting happens at nottarf for the first time in a generation?

Nobody else think that's worth questioning?

Yeah, who's Anne and who's Dustin??

Yeah I forgot, some of you are youngsters.

Jerry Hall took over from Kathleen Turner in 2000 in The West End version of The Graduate. It was a big thing at the time as Kath & Jerry got all their kit off on stage

Yes I was a sad sicko and went. Yes it was worth it.

Yeah I forgot, some of you are youngsters.

Jerry Hall took over from Kathleen Turner in 2000 in The West End version of The Graduate. It was a big thing at the time as Kath & Jerry got all their kit off on stage

Yes I was a sad sicko and went. Yes it was worth it.

I know who they are in The Graduate - I'm old enough I'm afraid despirte my best efforts.

Meant in the context of OFC, but you've answered it!

For all you youngsters who are too lazy to use a search engine:-

Anne Bancroft (September 17, 1931 – June 6, 2005) was an American actress associated with the method acting school, which she had studied under Lee Strasberg.[1] Respected for her acting prowess and versatility, Bancroft was often acknowledged for her work in film, theatre and television. She won one Academy Award, three BAFTA Awards, two Golden Globes, two Tony Awards and two Emmy Awards, and several other awards and nominations.[2][3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bancroft

Dustin Lee Hoffman[1] (born August 8, 1937)[1] is an American actor and director with a career in film, television, and theatre since 1960. He has been known for his versatile portrayals of antiheroes and vulnerable characters.[2]

He first drew critical praise for the play Eh?, for which he won a Theatre World Award and a Drama Desk Award. This was soon followed by his breakthrough 1967 film role as Benjamin Braddock, the title character in The Graduate. Since then Hoffman's career has largely been focused on cinema, with sporadic returns to television and the stage. His most notable films include Papillon, Marathon Man, Midnight Cowboy, Little Big Man, Lenny, All the President's Men, Kramer vs. Kramer, Tootsie, Rain Man and Hook.

Hoffman has won two Academy Awards (for his performances in Kramer vs. Kramer and Rain Man), five Golden Globes, four BAFTAs, three Drama Desk Awards, a Genie Award, and an Emmy Award. Hoffman received the AFI Life Achievement Award in 1999, and the Kennedy Center Honors in 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Hoffman

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})