Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Actually that is a good point.

If they finish in the bottom 4 and go down won't the points deduction then go on next season like what happened with us?

That's my personal dream scenario. Takeover by trust after relegation has become a certainty, with not enough money to run the club properly, property developer with dodgy motives owning Fratton ,and another points deduction as they start L2. Result -- years more fun for us.

But it seems the dedution carrying over is not automatic. I fear Jimmy_D's reasonig sounds too disappointingly correct

That's my personal dream scenario. Takeover by trust after relegation has become a certainty, with not enough money to run the club properly, property developer with dodgy motives owning Fratton ,and another points deduction as they start L2. Result -- years more fun for us.

But it seems the dedution carrying over is not automatic. I fear Jimmy_D's reasonig sounds too disappointingly correct

It's not automatic, but the FL will do what it damn well pleases, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it roll over.

First thought was that the penalty only appears on admin-exit so it's up to the club to time it themselves - but it is a punishment, so I can see the FL imposing it for maximum damage.

If it didn't change matters at all it would seem sensible to carry it over, but they do make up the rules as they go so I wouldn't be surprised to see it imposed whenever.

Then again, the points penalty looks like a distant dream.

Do we think they can get out of admin this season?

And if they do it should have to be before the cut-off date for admin-related penalties (March?), a rule brought in to make sure penalties actually did damage.

So they could be in a pretty narrow window of opportunity to get it out of the way.

Then again their plucky appeal should see it wiped off allowing them to resume that great European campaign.

When I saw that claim from the club yesterday that they have the best atmosphere in world football my immediate thought was that a Nutjob had joined Liam Lawrence behind the counter, but I think they were serious...

Or was it more of that famous gallows humour that they have claimed copyright on....having copied QPR's chants from the week before?

A team cannot start a second successive season in administration, nor can they spend more than 18 months in administration. I don't know what happens if they break these condiitions.

The FL wouldn't grant their Golden Share if they were starting a second season in the same period of administration.

After 18 months I believe the administrator would have to liquidate.

Christ I get on a plane for 7 hours & have 8 pages on my fone to catch up. Interesting Appy. Close Trousers but no cigar.

Oh and yep another upgrade. I get more of them these days than Neil gets windups.

Oh don't worry if they come out of admin this season. Like buses none for 12 months then 2 will come in quick succession

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Just seems a bit odd that you've not mentioned it on the weeks since it happened and that the land was sold by someone who has absolutely no involvement in that administration. :confused:

Just checked my phone and Appy told me about it on December 15th. I also assumed it would be common knowledge.

Just checked my phone and Appy told me about it on December 15th. I also assumed it would be common knowledge.

A day after the court case collapsed....ties in...

So, the administrators of Miland Development 2004 Ltd sold the land direct to Tesco rather than Robinson?

Wouldn't there be something on Land Registry to confirm the details? There's nothing on Companies House for Miland Development to confirm an asset has been sold.

Edited by trousers

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:14[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From sb

Have you put your hand in Neil?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]14:15[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpCzYKghNeil1.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

Am part of a syndicate at The News and we're currently finalising the remainder of the pledge settlement. Steve Wilson, Jordan Cross, Matt Brown, Howard Frost and Mark McMahon are also on board.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

So he's put in £166.66. Great supporter in their hour of need.

Not surprising really.

pfc screw the country for millions and yet still have council support. The local MP's even have the nerve to suggest they should get public funding.

So why shouldn't other local clubs think 'they don't bother paying their debts, so why should we?'

No, re-read exactly wha he's said. Seems like at least one if them is struggling to raise the money.

£1000 dived by 6 is £166.66. If one of them backs out, thats still £200. When the PST need as much as possible and he's banging a drum shouting for people to put money in, you'd think he'd put in more than 1/5th of what he's asking others to do.

Thats assuming he's got full faith in the bid...

£1000 dived by 6 is £166.66. If one of them backs out, thats still £200. When the PST need as much as possible and he's banging a drum shouting for people to put money in, you'd think he'd put in more than 1/5th of what he's asking others to do.

Thats assuming he's got full faith in the bid...

He says they are 'finalising the remainder of the pledge'. Shares bought so far = nil. Total investment £16.66 each of which they can get all but 41.66p each back.

He says they are 'finalising the remainder of the pledge'. Shares bought so far = nil. Total investment £16.66 each of which they can get all but 41.66p each back.
yes the wording implies to me that some of this syndicate has cold feet. Surely MR Allen should cough up the full 1000 and let the others fight about another share. They are microcosm of the football club, they talk about paying the dues but when it comes to writing the cheque... I still remember PfC parading a big cheque on the pitch proclaiming how much they had raised for a charity and then it turned out they never paid the money due over. Shameful

Don;t we get through that number of pages in a couple of months these days....? :)

1624 pages divided by 43 months gives an average of 38 pages per month, with 7 months till D day the result should be 266 pages ! Clearly this takes no account of an activity surge should the nutjobs embark on a feeding frenzy as the executioner prepares the gallows !

Interesting days to come methinks !!

Any new info on when St Kanu will be taking them to court to get his cash?

That's another question I asked Mr Allen on today's webchat but no response (one assumes he's forgotten all about that £2m as well....very easy to forget about these 7 figure sums of cash down Pompey way...)

Oh dear they are at it again, trying to cover up all the empty seats - Bless!

FLAGS to the FORTRESS

FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS

get back to me with any news on flags..........got a meeting with micah hall & the stadium safety officer derek stone saturday morning..............then gonna get the flags put out again as we did against PNE back in December.............if youve got a flag get it to me ASAP many thanks

obviously all flags welcome

Funny old world...

bbsport_twitter_normal.pngBBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Blackburn Rovers have made an official approach to Blackpool for their manager Michael Appleton. @OneRovers statement:http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-statement-588897.aspx …

Unbelieveable. With a relatively talented Blackpool squad, in his 11 games in charge Appleton has an 18% win percentage. W2 D7 L2. 13 points from 11 games, really very average at best.

At Pompey he had a 25% win percentage. W13 D11 L27. 50 points from 51 games. An even worse record.

What on earth do they see in him? Then again, it is Blackburn. they're even more of a basket case of a club than Pompey.

I just read the article about how the trust are meeting up with the councillors on Friday to bring them up to speed.

Anyone else think that they might just slip in a request for 3 million quid whilst they are there?

...... Do you remember that loan we talked about 6 months go, well, it's like this.......

Oh dear they are at it again, trying to cover up all the empty seats - Bless!

FLAGS to the FORTRESS

FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS

get back to me with any news on flags..........got a meeting with micah hall & the stadium safety officer derek stone saturday morning..............then gonna get the flags put out again as we did against PNE back in December.............if youve got a flag get it to me ASAP many thanks

obviously all flags welcome

when the term fortress fratton is used it just makes me think of

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1f7i6xPSNxxkf_jiTN83S-litftIKohyaLJwXao2gbIc6mh9r

The FL wouldn't grant their Golden Share if they were starting a second season in the same period of administration.

After 18 months I believe the administrator would have to liquidate.

Hoorah' date=' how long do we have left?[/quote']

Only 7 months... :)

Before we get there they have to convince a Court, next month, that they should be allowed to extend the administration beyond the statutory 12 months. As far as I am aware, this application to the Court has to be with the consent of the creditors:

"

How long does the administration process last?

The process can generally only last for up to 1 year, although this can be extended by the consent of the creditors and/or by the court. The administrator is also required to do everything as soon as reasonably practicable. There is a time-limit of eight weeks for getting their proposals (details of what they intend to do with the company) out to creditors, and holding the initial creditors meeting. This can be extended by the creditors' consent and/or by the court. These proposals will include full details relating to the administrator's appointment, and the circumstances leading up to it, as well as exactly how the administrator proposes to achieve the purpose of administration - including details of how they anticipats the administration will end."

http://www.companyrescue.co.uk/company-rescue/guides/detailed-administration

Unbelieveable. With a relatively talented Blackpool squad, in his 11 games in charge Appleton has an 18% win percentage. W2 D7 L2. 13 points from 11 games, really very average at best.

At Pompey he had a 25% win percentage. W13 D11 L27. 50 points from 51 games. An even worse record.

What on earth do they see in him? Then again, it is Blackburn. they're even more of a basket case of a club than Pompey.

Venkys and Appleton are made for one another. You have to assume that Karl Oysten at Blackpool is thinking "This is good. It wasn't working out anyway and now I get paid some cash to lose Appleton in any case."

Yet more deluded talk about their away attendance..

What will be telling is our away attendance, as that should be well beyond the capability of most League 2 clubs to deal with comfortably !

Accrington 2000

AFC Wimbledon 700

Aldershot 1532

Barnet 1700

Bradford 1800

Bristol Rovers 1800

Burton 1800

Cheltenham 1100

Chesterfield 2100

Dagenham 1200

Exeter 1150

Fleetwood 1131+

Gillingham 3400

Morecombe 1700

Northampton 1100

Oxford 5000

Plymouth 2000

Port Vale 4500

Rochdale 3650

Rotherham 2500

Southend 2000

Torquay 1600

Wycombe 2350

York 2300

yeah, course it will.

I just read the article about how the trust are meeting up with the councillors on Friday to bring them up to speed.

Anyone else think that they might just slip in a request for 3 million quid whilst they are there?

...... Do you remember that loan we talked about 6 months go, well, it's like this.......

Portsmouth City Council needs to save millions over the next couple of years, and as such are shedding jobs. There would be uproar if they started giving money away (let's face it, that's would it would amount to).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-20683598

Even Barnsley havn't tapped him up

Meanwhile, in this weeks episode of Pompey spin...

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-boss-demands-characters-as-he-seeks-to-end-winless-streak-1-4663319

Whittingham is hoping to add another loan to his squad in time for Notts County.

And he believes Pompey are still an attractive proposition for players.

He added: ‘I spoke to someone the other day who is keen to come.

‘He didn’t want a team in mid-table with not much to play for. There’s a challenge here.

‘He wants to go somewhere for a purpose.

:facepalm:

@BBCSport: BREAKING: Blackpool reject Championship rivals Blackburn's approach for manager Michael Appleton #bfc #brfc #bbcfootball

Either Blackpool haven't realised the quality of the man they've just appointed, or they're doing a Burley:

"No, you can't have him, we want to keep him. We really, really want to keep him. Oh, go on then... If you must ;-) "

I have spoken to Messi and he confirms that Whittingham had spoken to him...:rolleyes:

He agreed that he wanted the sort of challenge that Pompey were offering him.....:)

He admitted he would only move for a purpose and that a mid table team would not give him the necessary challenge.:D

He would be very happy with the £2 MILLION pounds......per day...... ON OFFER....:lol:

HE WANTED THE WEEKEND TO THINK THE OFFER OVER...:o.............It is a weekend in the year 2028

I was wondering who was talking the biggest BOLLLLUX......:p

Mr Whittingham , Mr Messi OR MR ottery ?

Edited by ottery st mary

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})