Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Blackburn fan on Talksport at the moment talking about the potential appointment of Appy

"We've got to do what we've always done which is get behind whoever the board appoint"

er.... Steve Kean anyone?

Shows its not just pompey fans with a blinkered view of their own selves! :lol:

Just a thought.....Anyone hazard a guess at how much profit or loss there is in producing a glossy 68 page matchday programme? Given they're in administration and that their average matchday attendance isn't much above 10k it wouldn't surprise me if they're making a loss on this sort of thing...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Eastwood-No-Excuses-4048.aspx

[/font][/color]

if most of the 68 pages are adverts then there is no loss.

Blackburn fan on Talksport at the moment talking about the potential appointment of Appy

"We've got to do what we've always done which is get behind whoever the board appoint"

er.... Steve Kean anyone?

Shows its not just pompey fans with a blinkered view of their own selves! :lol:

To be fair, he's telling the truth

It's just that after they all got behiond him (Kean), it just took them longer than they thought to shove him out of the door.

Neil Allen ‏@NeilAllenPN

Can

1861096177381fae04dc6ba9e11795cd_normal.jpeg you name the personality shown in my profile? Email answer to neil.allen@thenews.co.uk. First ten correct answers win #Pompeyaway shirt

Does he mean his profile pic? Bland, annoying, deluded, smug, hypocrite. Do I win? If its a shirt per adjective I'd like to get 22 Pompey shirts for the TSW celebration match on liquidation day.

Does he mean his profile pic? Bland, annoying, deluded, smug, hypocrite. Do I win? If its a shirt per adjective I'd like to get 22 Pompey shirts for the TSW celebration match on liquidation day.

It' the fauxNeilAllen, honestly this is more confusing than Season 4 of Fringe!!

If you click on his name on twitter, his profile shows a background photo of Walter Mitty

BNEWS_twitter128_normal.jpgSky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak

Administrators PwC says camera retail chain Jessops is to close all 187 stores with a loss of 1,370 jobs after entering administration

Failing high street retailer goes into administration....and there's a move to liquidate within days...

Failing football club goes into administration (for the 2nd time in 3 years)....and a year later it's still on life support....

A quick note on Appleton, which I guess has been mentioned, but I'm not trawling through hundreds of pages since the last time I posted on page 942ish, but why the hell do people rate him? He might be an OK coach but I've seen nothing about him to suggest he's a good manager. Blackpool did well to lose him when they did. (Similar to when Burley took the Scotland job rather than us having to pay him a redundancy package.) Blackpool started the season flying, and under Appy they've only won 2 in ten. Blackpool fans apparently were already starting to tire of him, his long ball tactics and his boring ways - some say that he even made it seem like the players that started the season so well had only just met each other. And what's with all this "good job at Portsmouth" nonsense. I could have got them relegated, he's no messiah. Perhaps this is a personal vendetta because I dislike the bloke but I think Blackburn have shot themselves in the foot (again) with this appointment. They needed experience, and they haven't got it. Even Darren Ferguson would've been a better appointment with his 'links'. Anyway, it's their screw up.

Not technically skate news but avb pwned saggy chops today

I heard Harry say that Spurs were a "magnificent" team. Well no, but you would say that, seeing as you assembled most of the team yourself. Shameless self-promotion.

(I must be on my period or something, two rants in one post. Oh well, I guess the PFC takeover thread is the best place for them)

If he could play for a small amount of money, and if he gave it his best in every game, this could be a great signing i think in this league.

And if my auntie had balls ....

I think this still has more twists to come soon.

Well, one anyway: the final twist of the knife in February.

Good to see UnAppy has had an immediate effect and gently pulled the handbrake on Blackburn's season.

Hopefully they can now look forward to a few more midtable bore draws as they slide gently towards long ball obscurity.

Though he wasn't officially in charge tonight I'm sure their glorious victory would've been put down to the famous 'Appleton effect' had Wolves been wiped out again.

In a world where clowns owning football clubs is common place, Blackburn surely have the longest shoes, and the cars that fall apart more than any others.

In a world where clowns owning football clubs is common place, Blackburn surely have the longest shoes, and the cars that fall apart more than any others.

When a long **** day comes to an end and when you have sat in a meeting with the worlds biggest ****, who you physically wanted to **** (And genuinely actually thought about it)...... Its the little things that make you smile.

Nice one Rallyboy

With regard to Appleton going to Bonkersburn can anyone remember anyone else managing three clubs in one season - it must have happened but I can't think of anyone.

Steve Bruce and Steve Cotterill sprang to mind but their double ship jumping was in the same year rather than the same season.

Pompey fan talking about who they should sign in the comments section on the news

"I bet Henry would play 1 game for us if asked. Well why not ? He loved us fans and put our shirt on"

/facepalm

Thing is, you can't be sure that isn't a nutjob on a wind-up. Surely even Pompey fans aren't that self unaware?

Lots of local matches off this morning and it's bucketing down as we hit noon - can't believe Fortress Fatpipes will survive the deluge - they must have the bestest drainage system in the world!!!!

The clue is in the name. Their drainage pipes will be clogged with fat and the pitch will resemble Flanders after three years of war

Lots of local matches off this morning and it's bucketing down as we hit noon - can't believe Fortress Fatpipes will survive the deluge - they must have the bestest drainage system in the world!!!!

That's if they have any drainage.

It collapsed some years ago and I'm not sure they ever repaired it.

Why would they bother to spend money on Fatpipe Park when they were about to move to Super-duper Harbourdome?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})