Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Anyone else wondering why there's been no publicity about the outcome of the creditors' meeting earlier in the week?

Whilst it was badged as a 'private' meeting one of the members of the committee is there to represent the hundreds (thousands?) of small creditors. If I was one of those creditors I'd be somewhat miffed that my rep at the meeting hasn't communicated the agenda of the meeting and what the outcome was.

You can't represent a group of people if you don't communicate with said group of people.

yes i find that strange

Crikey - the news is all about old boys - Cotterill, Appy, Benjani.

Reminiscing about 'happier' times and recounting the fond memories which usually occurs after something bad has happened. I should know with the death of my cat yesterday, maybe the bad news will come next week in court?

So much blind faith... that is largely what helped get their fanbase into this position, yet still they follow the PST without asking any questions.

And anyone who dares to question the PDT is swiftly rounded on and has their fan credentials doubted. Just look at the ongoing spat on twitter between Joe Michalzuk (sp) and various PDT groupies. I don't know anything about the guy but he's asked some valid questions and upset plenty of the numpties.

And anyone who dares to question the PDT is swiftly rounded on and has their fan credentials doubted. Just look at the ongoing spat on twitter between Joe Michalzuk (sp) and various PDT groupies. I don't know anything about the guy but he's asked some valid questions and upset plenty of the numpties.

Michalzuk is the commentator on Express FM. A colleague of mine knows him and says that Michalzuk's Dad has had previous run-ins with one of the PDT lot.

It reminds me of when I played football as a kid. You could always tell when you were about to start thrashing the opposition when they start bickering amonst themselves. They really are unravelling at the moment.

It reminds me of when I played football as a kid. You could always tell when you were about to start thrashing the opposition when they start bickering amonst themselves. They really are unravelling at the moment.

No you couldn't.

I work in commercial property and I have it from the horses mouth that Tesco have not bought the Miland land; they are still very interested in it however as they are with a down size of the B&Q unit opposite, owned by Sellar Properties, who also as I have said before have a ransom strip over the access to the car park site. REL have bought the Miland plot unconditionally very cheaply, on the hope that they can also acquire FP on th echeap from BC, that is their strategy, to then deliver a store for Tesco as the LA wish to see a comprehensive scheme. If REL are unsuccessful an alternative redevelopment scheme would still be viable if they have not paid too much for Miland.

Without doubt REL are doing this for commercial gain, not to try and keep the rotting carcass alive or the PST in the FL.

REL have bought the Miland plot unconditionally very cheaply, on the hope that they can also acquire FP on th echeap from BC, that is their strategy, to then deliver a store for Tesco as the LA wish to see a comprehensive scheme.

They HAVE bought it?

I work in commercial property and I have it from the horses mouth that Tesco have not bought the Miland land; they are still very interested in it however as they are with a down size of the B&Q unit opposite, owned by Sellar Properties, who also as I have said before have a ransom strip over the access to the car park site. REL have bought the Miland plot unconditionally very cheaply, on the hope that they can also acquire FP on th echeap from BC, that is their strategy, to then deliver a store for Tesco as the LA wish to see a comprehensive scheme. If REL are unsuccessful an alternative redevelopment scheme would still be viable if they have not paid too much for Miland.

Without doubt REL are doing this for commercial gain, not to try and keep the rotting carcass alive or the PST in the FL.

Cheers for that info - appreciated. Doesn't appear to tally with what Appy's dad told him though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20983919

Town manager Paolo Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire: "We won't give him a chance to stay at Portsmouth.

"He fits in there because he gets to play regular football in front of thousands of people, but I can't make him happy and not get anything."

The Italian continued: "With respect to Portsmouth, we can't give a gift away."

An I reading that correctly? Swindon have recalled Benson because Pompey couldn't / wouldn't pay his wages?

Edited by trousers

In the build up to the Sunderland game the commentators on Solent said that REL had just completed on the land deal with Miland and the fact that this deal hadn't completed was the reason why the court case was delayed a few days earlier.

I wonder how the meeting with the local MP and the leader and CEO of the City Council is going today? And what will be in the amended Trust offer that Farmery promised would be made public this week. It's going to be a busy afternoon.

Just a thought.....Anyone hazard a guess at how much profit or loss there is in producing a glossy 68 page matchday programme? Given they're in administration and that their average matchday attendance isn't much above 10k it wouldn't surprise me if they're making a loss on this sort of thing...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Eastwood-No-Excuses-4048.aspx

All this and much, much more is in issue 18 of the 68-page matchday magazine, sold all around Fratton Park and priced just £3.

Just a thought.....Anyone hazard a guess at how much profit or loss there is in producing a glossy 68 page matchday programme? Given they're in administration and that their average matchday attendance isn't much above 10k it wouldn't surprise me if they're making a loss on this sort of thing...

[/font][/color]

Does it matter how much it costs, they won't pay the bill anyway..

You'll need handkerchiefs at the ready for this one...

[video=youtube_share;K85Le6Ocn1M]

Edit: just watched it....he's basically saying "The club was overspending and we were fools to be taken in by it....but we'll still celebrate and cherish the success we achieved during that period" :facepalm:

Edited by trousers

[/font][/color]

The last ever one could be a collectors peice....

The final page should read "Goodbye and thanks for all the fish"

Edited by tony13579

it was funny seeing an MP's chubby little face on the TV the other night saying that the cuts being forced in the city were a disgrace and something had to be done.

The bloke looked very similar to the one who was on there before, supporting a local company that had raped the local community and stolen millions of pounds from the taxpayer.

He didn't seem to be sharp enough to link the loss of tax revenue to the closures of cancer wards at QA or the local prison - or perhaps he wanted to gloss over that?

Maybe he's thick, or perhaps he's just a little tubby puppet that gets up and dances for votes.

Go on, tuck a crossed ballot paper in his grubby blue thong...he'll say whatever you want to hear, as long as you vote for him.

And of course when he or Penny say the right stuff to the ever-vigilant and questioning folk of Portsea, that makes them a pair of true-blue heroes, shuffling themselves into the corners of photoshoots....

They are right up there at the sharp end of the Pluckometer with those coaching giants Appy, Cotterill, and Avram - everyone a hero.

It must be time for pompey fans to start questioning these people's records and agendas, rather than relying on Nutjobs to prompt investigations.

[/font][/color]

There probably wouldn't be a loss, as long as they are doing it right. Club's with smaller attendances sell much bigger programmes than that for £3.

it was funny seeing an MP's chubby little face on the TV the other night saying that the cuts being forced in the city were a disgrace and something had to be done.

The bloke looked very similar to the one who was on there before, supporting a local company that had raped the local community and stolen millions of pounds from the taxpayer.

He didn't seem to be sharp enough to link the loss of tax revenue to the closures of cancer wards at QA or the local prison - or perhaps he wanted to gloss over that?

Maybe he's thick, or perhaps he's just a little tubby puppet that gets up and dances for votes.

Go on, tuck a crossed ballot paper in his grubby blue thong...he'll say whatever you want to hear, as long as you vote for him.

And of course when he or Penny say the right stuff to the ever-vigilant and questioning folk of Portsea, that makes them a pair of true-blue heroes, shuffling themselves into the corners of photoshoots....

They are right up there at the sharp end of the Pluckometer with those coaching giants Appy, Cotterill, and Avram - everyone a hero.

This is the best illustration yet of the hypocrisy and ignorance that penetrates every recess of their recent history

[/font][/color]

Apparently they don't sell very well because they're too glossy for most skates and because they don't flush very well either.

1861096177381fae04dc6ba9e11795cd_normal.jpegNeil Allen ‏@NeilAllenPN

If this message gets retweeted 100 times, I'll donate another £200 to the#Pompey Trust.

1861096177381fae04dc6ba9e11795cd_normal.jpegNeil Allen ‏@NeilAllenPN

Fellow syndicate members at the News now say THEY will also double their #Pompey pledges, if this gets 1K retweets.

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

So sweet fans from down the road have created a parody account of me to prove they're not obsessed with #Pompey. RT this message 100 times..

f16e890faf7a9bbd9d3b372acb8ecb41_normal.jpegAlex Burrows ‏@Alexb19

Why are people re-tweeting a fake Neil Allen....this is the real one >@pn_neil_allen

whorunsmyclub_normal.jpgWho Runs My Club ‏@whorunsmyclub

Cant afford £200, but to compensate for silly spoof of @pn_neil_allen's account, which i fell for I will donate £100 to Trust for 100 RT's!

:lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})