Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

There's still some desperate spin in there. Apparently the fan's bid is "getting stronger by the day." Back in the real world, the HNWIs on whose capital the bid is based are still ****ing what's left of their hard-earned into the wind.

This, however: "When we take control, life will continue to be difficult because you can't put all this damage right overnight," is a tacit admission that, actually, they're completely flat broke.

Getting stronger everyday?

Outgoings

Birch = £9K a day plus legal fees.

Club trading insolvently.

HNWs putting in loans.

Income.

A trickle of pledges.

:?

Well I've learned something today - we must have a much better chance of signing players because we're near the bottom.

It seems that the relegation battle that petrifies most people is in fact 'an attractive challenge'.

World class players would much rather come to us or Reading than settle for mid-table obscurity with the likes of Liverpool or Arsenal.

As for Blackpool, they need to be careful.

They should only put up limited obstacles to offloading the eyebrowless one, a second refusal could be dangerous as Blackburn might think they mean it.

Either way he'll always be a hero down south where he organised a free holiday for allcomers, then signed ludicrously expensive players that failed miserably and had to be offloaded in the free version of a firesale.

He hasn't ushered them towards the Conference, no, no - he did amazing things despite the circumstances, none of this is his fault, he beat Saints twice and stopped us going up.

Legend.

Right up there with the other future England manager Cotterill.

There's still some desperate spin in there. Apparently the fan's bid is "getting stronger by the day." Back in the real world, the HNWIs on whose capital the bid is based are still ****ing what's left of their hard-earned into the wind.

This, however: "When we take control, life will continue to be difficult because you can't put all this damage right overnight," is a tacit admission that, actually, they're completely flat broke.

Or to quote Neil from yesterday:

Clearly the club is nowhere near self sufficiency yet.

Going back to the eventual 10 point deduction. It may be that the League will apply the date criteria for points deductions that are used when a club goes into administration. Sometime in March I believe is set, I think before that date the 10 points is deucted immediately, after that date the 10 points is deducted at the end of the season if the club is not relegated automatically, but if the club is relegated automatically then the points are deducted at the start of the following season.

Going back to the eventual 10 point deduction. It may be that the League will apply the date criteria for points deductions that are used when a club goes into administration. Sometime in March I believe is set, I think before that date the 10 points is deucted immediately, after that date the 10 points is deducted at the end of the season if the club is not relegated automatically, but if the club is relegated automatically then the points are deducted at the start of the following season.

As this scenario hasn't arisen before, prepare for the Football League to basically make it up as they go along. I suspect they'll end up waiting to see where they finish regardless of when (if) any takeover does take place. Let's face it, any deal is unlikely to be completed by March. They probably won't even get to hold the valuation hearing until the middle of February, and I can't imagine they'd be able to complete any time soon after that. They simply don't have the funds to do so yet.

Blackpool press conference @ 12:30 - Appy and assistant have not been at the training ground this morning.

Just seen this apt piece in the Daily Fail :-

Upsetting the Apple-cart

Michael Appleton hasn’t had to do very much to be wanted has he? Plenty of managers have improved their clubs – Kenny Jackett at Millwall, Mark Robins at Coventry, and Paolo Di Canio at Swindon are three examples. Appleton isn’t in that list with either of his clubs. But some influential people said he was good. So he must be.

'...entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March...' are the relevant words.

Why do they have to cut the Academy to reduce costs? According to the trust's prospectus isn't the Academy self funding?

I think the suspicion is that Birch needs to be seen to be doing and saying the right things (from a cost cutting perspective) ahead of the court session next week

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:39[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From BlueArmy

Neil, I'm scared that even the best fans this country has ever seen are starting to lose faith. I know it's still impressive that we get 10k in Fortress Fratton and take 400 to Walsall for a tv game but soon people will stop coming. We need some good news to get people packing the park.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:41

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpCzYKghNeil1.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Neil:

We are all losing faith. I am a sports reporter talking about CVAs, High Court dates and takeover funding!

All we want is to talk about football. That's why we are all here.

Can't lose heart though, surely there can be a satisfactory conclusion soon and football dominates every argument rather than Portpin or the Trust.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Brilliant. I'm still gutted that Neil blocked me on Twitter because I said Pompey were ****, which, to be fair, is a fact. He replied saying he was blocking me for swearing. What a sap.

I don't follow this thread anything like as closely as some, so I'm not clued up on the finer details, but I find it absolutely astonishing that this joke of a 'company' can still exist. In any other business in the world, if a company was that far up sh*t creek financially, it would've been liquidated months, probably years ago. Sell everything, give everything else away, burn it, start again. But somehow, disgracefully, there's money in some magic little pot that they can dip into as and when they want to bring in new players that half the teams in their league can't afford. And all that as a choice, instead of paying bills, tax, or any of their debts despite being in a position where they won't even have to pay back 99% of that debt.

It's so illegal it's untrue. I don't know the laws and smaller details, but people should be going to prison over this IMO. Or shot.

The offer from the PDT seems to be £2.6m to the secured creditor and 2p in the £ to the unsecured, but Birch is going to be asking the creditors and, possibly, the High Court, to grant him an extension while he waits for them to find the money to pay that.

What if Chainrai was to say that he will pay himself £2.6m and the unsecured creditors 2p in the £ right now, without any need for any extension to the administration. Surely without any extension he would either have to accept that offer or liquidate.

I don't follow this thread anything like as closely as some, so I'm not clued up on the finer details, but I find it absolutely astonishing that this joke of a 'company' can still exist. In any other business in the world, if a company was that far up sh*t creek financially, it would've been liquidated months, probably years ago. Sell everything, give everything else away, burn it, start again. But somehow, disgracefully, there's money in some magic little pot that they can dip into as and when they want to bring in new players that half the teams in their league can't afford. And all that as a choice, instead of paying bills, tax, or any of their debts despite being in a position where they won't even have to pay back 99% of that debt.

It's so illegal it's untrue. I don't know the laws and smaller details, but people should be going to prison over this IMO. Or shot.

Do you mind if we start with Neil Allen ??

Some want to bring back hanging for dirty deeds like this....:rolleyes:

Some mainly live in the SO area..;)

Some in Devon:D

it's gone quieter than Mr and Mrs Grant sat at the dinner table on their anniversary. :scared:

Do pompey understand the urgency or are they gathering white flags to cover empty seats at the weekend?

Judges can be dim but I'm not sure that this last minute cost-cutting effort will be enough to disguise the previous 50 weeks that Trevor and assorted managers spent cheerfully chucking creditor's cash down a black hole.

Too little, too late.

Some want to bring back hanging for dirty deeds like this....:rolleyes:

Some mainly live in the SO area..;)

Some in Devon:D

Exactly! Keep up with the thread FFS!

The offer from the PDT seems to be £2.6m to the secured creditor and 2p in the £ to the unsecured, but Birch is going to be asking the creditors and, possibly, the High Court, to grant him an extension while he waits for them to find the money to pay that.

What if Chainrai was to say that he will pay himself £2.6m and the unsecured creditors 2p in the £ right now, without any need for any extension to the administration. Surely without any extension he would either have to accept that offer or liquidate.

Devil's advocate question: why would Chainrai want to buy a company (aka Football Club) that he's banned from operating as said company (i.e. FL won't give him the golden share)?

Devil's advocate question: why would Chainrai want to buy a company (aka Football Club) that he's banned from operating as said company (i.e. FL won't give him the golden share)?

Maybe so he can sell the land at his own price. Nobody knows whether he would get a golden share, or whether he would even want one. But he could get the deeds to FP for just over 300k.

But at least the assets could be sold for what they're worth rather than what the buyer can afford to pay.

Edited by hutch

Venkys and Appleton are made for one another. You have to assume that Karl Oysten at Blackpool is thinking "This is good. It wasn't working out anyway and now I get paid some cash to lose Appleton in any case."

Appleton is a perfect fit for the Venky's.

A Yes Man Lap Dog who will do exactly as he is told and accept peanuts as payment for the privilige.

why would Chanrai want the club without a golden share?

1. Because he's a loan shark and they tend to like cash.

2. To annoy those who have tried to shaft him.

3. For revenge on those who abused his brother in the street.

4. To reduce his losses.

5. To control the surrounding land and open up a new revenue stream.

6. Because he so nearly fell in love with the club, but then he didn't!

Looks like enough reasons to me. :)

why would Chanrai want the club without a golden share?

1. Because he's a loan shark and they tend to like cash.

2. To annoy those who have tried to shaft him.

3. For revenge on those who abused his brother in the street.

4. To reduce his losses.

5. To control the surrounding land and open up a new revenue stream.

6. Because he so nearly fell in love with the club, but then he didn't!

Looks like enough reasons to me. :)

7) He is an honourary Nutjob and would feel an unbearable void in his life if this thread ceased to exist.

Apparently 'appy isn't ... about a lot of things at B'pool, like the chairman not wanting to spend money. Wonder if we could get watsisname from them on the cheap now? Phillips, that was it. And at least it means Blackburn won't challenge this year either; unless he actually is a good manager and his record is just misleading.

Apparently 'appy isn't ... about a lot of things at B'pool, like the chairman not wanting to spend money. Wonder if we could get watsisname from them on the cheap now? Phillips, that was it. And at least it means Blackburn won't challenge this year either; unless he actually is a good manager and his record is just misleading.

Unlikely, he's been out injured for 3 months, still not fit yet.

32e17ab55e632fd65c62952dc323a5b6_normal.jpegJoe Michalczuk ‏@joemichalczuk

Right I'm not getting drawn into one long argument regarding the latest 'statement of fact' from Mike Hall.

@pn_neil_allen @PompeyCal @blueballoo2000 Specifically? "PKF put forward Portpin and were told they were unlikely to pass the test..."

@pn_neil_allen @PompeyCal @blueballoo2000 and "The reason they have not been told they failed is because they were not invited to apply. "

I asked the FL if those two statments were true - and they denied it - so all I've done is ask the question, don't shoot messenger

Some Pompey fans are amazing - accept all sorts as fact via blind faith - and question a national journalist who asked a simple question

Put it this way as someone who has worked for ITN and now Sky News for the last 6 years - I don't doubt or question my credentials

If you wish to throw all sorts of nonsense at me - then so be it - I asked the question, some of you didn't like the answer, no probs!

Edited by trousers

7) He is an honourary Nutjob and would feel an unbearable void in his life if this thread ceased to exist.

Don't forget the elephant in the room ... 8)

money_parachute.jpg

it's gone quieter than Mr and Mrs Grant sat at the dinner table on their anniversary. :scared:

Do pompey understand the urgency or are they gathering white flags to cover empty seats at the weekend?

Judges can be dim but I'm not sure that this last minute cost-cutting effort will be enough to disguise the previous 50 weeks that Trevor and assorted managers spent cheerfully chucking creditor's cash down a black hole.

Too little, too late.

Maybe they're crossing their fingers* that they'll get Injustice Mann again.

* Assuming that's possible with webbed ones.

Hmmmm, Blackburn really are amazing aren't they.

They appoint Henning Berg. He doesn't do very well so they sack him.

The temporary boss then wins 3 out of 3 games.

So they rush to get rid of him and appoint Appy, because they want someone who can get wins immediately..... Now correct me if I'm wrong but Appy's win record is worse than useless at both of his last 2 clubs.

Can anyone explain that to me? I've got to be missing something because that is worse than moronic.

Edited by Winchester Red

Not a very good look Appy talking to Blackburn is it seeing as he has only been at Blackpool a

very short time.

Surely Blackpool must feel insulted that he even wanted to talk to another club?

What does that say about his potential loyalty about staying at Blackburn - IF he gets that

job. I also notice that Blackburn only want someone who will be happy with a short contract.

I wonder what will the team at Blackpool will think IF he stays - can't see them playing for him now.

His reputation must be looking a bit tarnished now - perhaps he should have stayed at pimpey

to build up his sympathy store and waited for them to disappear and then moved.

I think they're being softened up for the final blow. This is in The News:

So that leaves us with two options: the PST are able to take over the current club and try to keep heads above water for a few years in League One or Two.

Or we get liquidated and then – depending on the terms of the liquidation and what happens to Fratton Park – the PST may even take over a ‘new’ club and start off in some lowly non-league division.

I dearly hope it’s the first option but either way, I long for the day when we know what’s what.

Anyone else wondering why there's been no publicity about the outcome of the creditors' meeting earlier in the week?

Whilst it was badged as a 'private' meeting one of the members of the committee is there to represent the hundreds (thousands?) of small creditors. If I was one of those creditors I'd be somewhat miffed that my rep at the meeting hasn't communicated the agenda of the meeting and what the outcome was.

You can't represent a group of people if you don't communicate with said group of people.

I think they're being softened up for the final blow. This is in The News:

But I still have great faith that they know what they are doing.

I have what is probably a fairly superficial grasp of the situation

So much blind faith... that is largely what helped get their fanbase into this position, yet still they follow the PST without asking any questions.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})