Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So the PST have £1.5m (and the "conversion team are on the case for another £400k), the Presidents have £1.6m. By my maths I make PST 48% shareholders.

Less than that because the presidents have additional equity from the loans they provided during admin

Less than that because the presidents have additional equity from the loans they provided during admin

No wonder the "conversion team" are on the case with the 400 p***ed up pub pledger's, be like getting blood out of a stone I reckon....

I thought they had well over £2m in converted pledges to get them the 51%, actually pretty surprised with how low that number is, doesn't bode well for decision making.

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]11:31

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Brendon

Mark Catlin has a fantastic record at Bury and their financial problems started long after they left. All of their fans hold him in high regard. As for the developer, we didn't use his money in the end so why would there be any info on him?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Good question "Steve"...

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]11:36[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Steve

Why wasn't the "£3m + add-ons" deal with Portpin raised at the press conference? Is no one interested in the finer detail? Isn't this lack of transparancy and fan interest in the finances that got us into trouble in the first place? What are these "add-ons" exactly?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Well at least some are asking questions, no one seems prepared to answer though?

11:47

Comment From BasingBlue

Agree with Steve and Brendon, the lack of info' re the deal with Chanrai (specifically add ons) is troubling me. Was supposed to be made clear a week ago. As a pledger I would really like to know how my money was spent/ committed.

Will be a shame when this thread is closed :( presumme this is now close following the successful takeover?

Is it a successful takeover though? This thread remained after the last 3 'successful' takeovers, none of which actually proved to be successful, so lets not be too hasty in declaring the latest one successful either!!!

This thread has been running for 1387 days or 3 years, 9 months, 17 days. With 88,368+ posts that’s 63.7 posts per day.

Will be a shame when this thread is closed :( presumme this is now close following the successful takeover?

I wouldn't be able to handle this thread closing.....last week Spartacus finished, now the thread....I will have nothing left

Is it a successful takeover though? This thread remained after the last 3 'successful' takeovers, none of which actually proved to be successful, so lets not be too hasty in declaring the latest one successful either!!!

exactly, we are just at the start of the 'next takeover' , although we do not know which multi multi multi millionaire this will be yet.

Absolutely, no tears, just smiles, just like last season and the relegation before.

Finally one of you gets it......

For those asking, the game was sold out for Pompey Fans btw. Was not possible to get another ticket for the Pompey end.

One game all season, so it takes a takeover to fill your ground but saving people's jobs, paying the bill etc isn't reason enough to fill your ground?

I take it none of you gets that..

One game all season, so it takes a takeover to fill your ground but saving people's jobs, paying the bill etc isn't reason enough to fill your ground?

I take it none of you gets that..

REALLY? This from the team that had to cancel a fund raising friendly through lack of ticket sales?

short memories!!!

REALLY? This from the team that had to cancel a fund raising friendly through lack of ticket sales?

short memories!!!

The club didn't need an 8'000 crowd, ten pound a time fund raising match, that was poorly organized and hadn't even been sanctioned by the FA at that point. It needed full paying fans through the door on match days. They asked and we came with mid twenty thousand gates when the club was at rock bottom, relegated and looking to start in league one minus ten. Incredible really especially when you compare it to the "Park the park" flops you lot have failed so miserably over.

It might also be worth pointing out that fans raised over 800k in a matter of weeks (Slightly skewed by one significant donation) to save the club. Which is more than ten times what any fund raising match would have made.....And this was none with nothing in return, no share, or fan ownership nonsense - It was just raised. How long has it taken you lot to raise 1.4 million??????????????????????????

When your club needed you - You lot let them down, the empty seats were very telling.

Given the joy this thread has given me and clearly countless others i think it would be only fitting if we clubbed together and sponsored a Pompey player next season. The thread would potentially benefit from greater exposure by being in every Pompey match day programme next season. We would even have the option to attend the end of season party to celebrate relegation to the conference.

Surely it can't be too much cash to sponsor a 4th division player.

Its a conspiracy I tell thee , Its a conspiracy . Ask PAP . its all been staged managed by actors. PFC /PST are no longer in existence. But the administrator does not want to destroy the belief of the good people of skatesville.

PS Trousers I always thought there was a use for the plastic bases of pizza's . Each skate fan who has paid £1k will be recieving one saying they are the bestest fans in the world

So you did cancel through lack of interest then?

I don't think you understand, it was an idea which didn't get far enough to cancel, but don't let that portsmyth get in the way like the dock strikes, WWII tank commander, huge debt we have etc.

Anyway, I wish PST well in their endeavour to be 100% fan owed and debt free going forward.

I don't think you understand, it was an idea which didn't get far enough to cancel, but don't let that portsmyth get in the way like the dock strikes, WWII tank commander, huge debt we have etc.

Anyway, I wish PST well in their endeavour to be 100% fan owed and debt free going forward.

So, are you saying that no tickets were sold?

short memories!!!

Really? This coming from a club whose fans couldn't even organise that? Perhaps you could post a link to the fund raising game you lot organised? This harping on about an aborted fund raising game is pretty pathetic really, especially when you remember long has it has taken you to raise your money? Quite shocking really...

Now stop deflecting the question; why, when you know that bums on seats would pay wages, save jobs, attract potential buyers, did your club lose 9,000 fans??

You're the bestest fans in world football, surely those 9000 people who were there for the glory years would be there for the most basic action for any football fan?

If you want to take the **** about the cancelled fund raising game, I'm sure you'll be more than chatty about Pack The Park....

Leeds United at home

Players selling tickets at the ground

12,000 attendance...

Your club needed bums on seats just to pay the wages let alone convince prospective buyers you were a viable business. Your fans stayed away in droves..

So you'll forgive me if I don't join in the mass sobathon that is Portsmouth Football club...

Game on Saturday sold out??

MY ARSE!!

Why does the South Stand have all those empty seats then??

15.jpg

Ha ha, yet another Portsmyth exposed. They are simply compulsive liars, literally making stuff up all the time, it would be funny if it wasn't so desperate and pathetic.

where were you for the past 2 seasons? this site has seen none of you for months and months. You will again disappear at any sign of another downturn. Since the award of the -10 this season we have had 3 of you back.

I think that our fundraising was indeed poor and was rudderless. We had no group who got to grips with it, but to be fair you had Farmery, after all it was all new to us, you have had 4 practice runs and still only just made it. At present you have McInnes basking in glory and enjoying your adulation, forget not your lot were queueing up to get Al Fahim's autograph lol. There are at least 3 massives egos to be massaged in your boardroom and as soon as the fans turn (and they will) the dummies will fly out faster than Avrams cock when he sees a Thai masseur

were does the council loan money come into this please? struggling to keep up/care any more

Goes towards buying the club and paying costs. PCC won't have any share of the club. The £1.45m must be paid back by September.

FFS the empty seats help the acoustics to produce the 'best atomsphere in world football' because the action on the pitch is ' second to none'

If this was an indicvidual saying this rather than a small group of nutters they would have been sectioned under the mental health act for delusional psychosis

As you seem so much more enlightened about football club administrations than us obsessed nutjobs on here, perhaps you could fill us in on the details of the "£3m + add-ons" deal with Portpin? Let me know when it's safe to start holding my breath.

Edited by trousers

I have banged on about Pompey getting away with for the above reason. The fans say they have been punished but for all the upside they have not had a full downside. The correct balance to my mind would be to lose their rallying point Fratton Park or go into the Conference or worse. They stole the cherished memories from fans of other clubs who would have had the success Pompey had if they had not taken 150m from society. I'm am certain the majority of fans from most clubs who also had been trawling around the lower leagues for decades would accept relegation to L2 and still with a fighting chance for promotion,in exchange for cup wins and 5/6 Wembley visits.
Exactly that. They've got away with it in my eyes.

@solentsport: Ashley Brown: "First batch of shares the PST are buying is £1.5m worth. Further £400k being processed." #pompey

@NabilHassan79: PST chairman Ashley Brown says they are receiving around 50 new applications a day for shares. They have £1.9m in total. HNW's £1.6m #pompey

@solentsport: Brown: "The twelve newly-appointed Presidents have contributed £1.6m between them in addition to the £1.9m community pledges" #pompey

@pn_neil_allen: Presidents have put in £1.6m. Trust is expected to account 'for more than 50 per cent'. Money still coming in. #Pompey

Strange that this appears on one of their websites. More creative accounting to dress it up as something it is not?

The PST is on course for holding between 60-65% of Portsmouth Community Football Club (circ £2.5m shares bought). This would mean a capital injection of around £4m. New pledges are arriving in droves. Extraordinary stuff.

I'll have to wait until I get home to watch that..

Is he 'open & transparent' during the interview ?

Us nutjobs must account for around 50% of the pompey news website traffic!

Keeping factless in work, deluding the few for years to come...

Im up for sponsoring a player, however... do we get our money back if it turns out they were just using the club for their own agenda like so many used the skates this year to get their fitness up before f*cking off elsewhere?

Maybe we should back one of their SFC youth rejects?

What would we call our organisation? Nutjobs, Falcondrone, Underwater Hotel Ltd, Corp Ho Inc?

It would appear that the pet skates fail to understand the difference between fact & fiction, now there is a shock.

Mooted fans game cancelled as ££ was needed immediately and administrator asked for bums on seats straight away to solve cash flow issues, which is what happened.

Game mooted again but cancelled as soon as a buyer emerged & never got past that stage.

Those facts have become the skate myth of "the fakin skammas cancelled as noes ones wanted to go".

The real difference is, we were bought by a billionaire whilst in L1, they had to scrimp and scrounge among themselves as no serious person would touch them.

Let's be honest, they've been bought with money that we'd consider loose change but credit to those who donated to their clubs cause.

so that had nothing to do with the 3m mentioned today and will come straight out of the already allocated PPs?

I'm not sure. And second guessing the skate finances is folly.

However, if I was to have a stab at it, I would guess that the money to be handed over up front for the sale was what, about £4m? The inherited footballers debt of £8m will be paid back using the parachute payments (if they want to, but I don't think there is a stipulation that this must be used for that - it merely gets sent to PFC and they pass it onto the players - I might be wrong there) and other income over the next few years.

The £1.45m loan went towards that £4m needed up front to buy the going concern. The PST needed it as a short bridging loan until they got all the £1000 donations in from the fans in. We have seen today that £3.1m has been raised from fans and HNWs. Add the £1.45m that and there seems to be a small surplus of about half a million floating about. That money could be used to pay some of the £1.45m back straight away, but I suspect it will be needed for running costs over the next few months. I assume the £1.45m will subsequently be paid back using season ticket money that comes in over the summer.