Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

On one level it looks like they are well set for the future but we just don't know how the dynamic between the various parties is going to play out. It could all go swimmingly but there are almost certainly speed bumps ahead that will test how well the PST, the HNW individuals and the property developer all are at pulling in the same direction.

On the subject of the property developer its rumoured that his loan will need to be paid back over the coming few years and I don't think that's covered by the multi-use parachute payments so they will need to definitely have to find the money to pay that.

Wonga.com?

Dodgy internet access during stag in Munich sorry gang.

Back online properly tomorrow. Happy to answer any direct PM's but the last one was about a new bidder coming from left field never knew exactly who but we sure found out.

This one is something that cannot be posted on a pubic forum but by the time I land tomorrow the press may have got a sniff (nah not factless, the real ones)

Oh I would walk 3 million miles and I would walk 3 million more.

Auf Wiedersehen aus Munchen

Back online properly tomorrow. Happy to answer any direct PM's but the last one was about a new bidder coming from left field never knew exactly who but we sure found out.

This one is something that cannot be posted on a pubic forum but by the time I land tomorrow the press may have got a sniff (nah not factless, the real ones)

chinnys floater?

We have to admit that when problems arose for Pompey back in the PL days, and when the new start was revealed as a false dawn in the Championship, at least they did the decent thing and started trimming their budget and relying on their young players in order to steady the ship and salvage as much as possible for the unfortunate creditors of the club... for one match; the austerity game at Plymouth (http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1441141#post1441141)

Never mind the £150M tax money gone, this is the one game we will always remember where Pompey showed that football is a gentleman's sport...

Or, some shyster takes them over for a pittance and the whole merry go round starts again !

I reckon when the last parachute payment has been gobbled up, no shyster will touch them with a bargepole.

Oops.

Next week or so could be fun.

Incoming........

The future mother-in-law is flying in to Dubai?

Yeah, me too. I know some REALLY juicy gossip. Can't tell you right now but read tomorrow's paper and if there's anything interesting in there then that's what it was.

Please ease up on Phil.

The poor sod is about to get married! He doesn't need us moaning at him as well. :lol:

Also I don't remember a song about 3 million miles.....

I think the 3 million is a metaphor for the PST money,and he is hinting at the tune being by the Scottish brothers the "Pretenders"

I think the 3 million is a metaphor for the PST money,and he is hinting at the tune being by the Scottish brothers the "Pretenders"

Proclaimers, Proclaimers.

Claim

Pro

Oh whatever.

Guys I'm fine with the stick. The other side is all I get out of this is an ORLY owl post sometime. I can't acknowledge the truth even when/if it comes out.

A scenario is ongoing. I couldn't update you even if I wanted to. Apparently the last msg from him was he had fallen asleep on his train home from London and was approaching Cambridge at around midnight when he lives inside the M25 #brokenbystag

Proclaimers, Proclaimers.

Claim

Pro

Oh whatever.

Guys I'm fine with the stick. The other side is all I get out of this is an ORLY owl post sometime. I can't acknowledge the truth even when/if it comes out.

A scenario is ongoing. I couldn't update you even if I wanted to. Apparently the last msg from him was he had fallen asleep on his train home from London and was approaching Cambridge at around midnight when he lives inside the M25 #brokenbystag

i hope the week-end went well. i opened a bottle of wine and raised a glass. Will the Proclaimers come into the media do you think?

Hold your horses Lord T, there's nothing sinister about that delay, they're just busy unveiling the details of the deal and uploading it all to transparency.com.

Or maybe they need a couple of days to come up with a reason why Portpin still holds a charge, or are owed more than anyone expected, or why the 'fans' hold 30%, or some other add-on that won't look very clever in black and white?...

Perhaps they're holding on until QPR are relegated so they can appoint an allstar heroic management dream team of Redknapp, Cotterill, Grant, Appleton and Whittingham.

Get Lampitt and Storrie on the finances too, and I give them seven days until another insolvency event - just chuck the next minus ten into this season.

They can use Football League debt services again - consolidate all of your punishments into one pointless hollow gesture.

Proclaimers song is 500 Miles so maybe we need to replace "walk" by "sue for" and "miles" by "pounds"??

Poor Chinny was bullied into selling at a far lower than market rate (Harris etc setting the market value) by a hate campaign conducted by factless professional journos and redundant journos turn bloggers... could he go after them?

Or is Birch and his boys in the firing line?

Interesting!

As a lot of us have observed over the last week or so....Chainrai seemed to have left the scene with uncharacteristic humility and quietness. Hence concluding at the time that something doesn't add up. When the court case started (in parallel to dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the out of court settlement) the judge was highlighting areas of the case that seemed to be keeping the door open for the 'higher value' Harris bid - (e.g. "The Football League should be called into court tomorrow to explain their position") - so why didn't Chainrai's lawyers wait to see how that panned out before signing the out of court settlement? Why the rush on the day? The only reason I can see is that Chainrai felt the 'new' compromise agreement was equally or more attractive than the Harris bid... and why haven't we seen the details of the agreement? The details that the judge apparently said should be made public "as soon as possible"...?

And, of course, as per usual, no one in Pompeyland deems it necessary to question the whys and wherefores of any financial dealings associated with the club.... Same old Pompey, same old fans....

head%20in%20sand%20cancun.jpg

Edited by trousers

No way this thread should be closed yet. There is plenty to come yet I feel. The Chinster has gone away very quietly hasn't he? I think he has a further card to play. I despair at the FL though - no consistency, no punishment for possibly the biggest football financial doping crime of the century, no integrity, no idea.

There are too many on here holding out hope that all is not over but it is over.

Chainria has gone with the best deal he could get. He will not be coming back unless the Trust cannot discharge their agreement with him.

He pushed it to the very end but had no support from the FL who maintained the only owners there were prepared to pass the Golden share to were the Trust. He had no support from the Council who insisted the ground remain a football stadium and even carried out a study on the real value should the club cease.

Let us not forget where the money came from. Chainrai sued the gun runner over failed business promises and then reinvested the money in the gun runners club.

The FL have already gone on record early in the season that the club would get their points deduction when they came out of Administration. They did not stipulate it would be carried over if Portsmouth relegated anyway.

So a new owner will star next season on an even level with other clubs in that league. Forget the income from the parachute payments. They are all accounted for and even if Portsmouth use it to boost their income for purpose of paying more for transfers or players wages forget it….they have no money. If they do have an advantage it may be gate receipts but that is fair. Is that not what we have all been stating?

Did they get away with it? Ask yourself one question. If when they went into Administration in the Premier the punishment was demotion to League 2 would you say it was not enough?

Good luck to the Trust. They will need it!!

There are too many on here holding out hope that all is not over but it is over.

Chainria has gone with the best deal he could get. He will not be coming back unless the Trust cannot discharge their agreement with him.

He pushed it to the very end but had no support from the FL who maintained the only owners there were prepared to pass the Golden share to were the Trust. He had no support from the Council who insisted the ground remain a football stadium and even carried out a study on the real value should the club cease.

Let us not forget where the money came from. Chainrai sued the gun runner over failed business promises and then reinvested the money in the gun runners club.

The FL have already gone on record early in the season that the club would get their points deduction when they came out of Administration. They did not stipulate it would be carried over if Portsmouth relegated anyway.

So a new owner will star next season on an even level with other clubs in that league. Forget the income from the parachute payments. They are all accounted for and even if Portsmouth use it to boost their income for purpose of paying more for transfers or players wages forget it….they have no money. If they do have an advantage it may be gate receipts but that is fair. Is that not what we have all been stating?

Did they get away with it? Ask yourself one question. If when they went into Administration in the Premier the punishment was demotion to League 2 would you say it was not enough?

Good luck to the Trust. They will need it!!

I don't think anyone realistically thinks chinny will be returning. The chanrai phase is over just like the gun runner and the fake sheik before him. The pdt phase now begins :).

What's this? Portsmouth Community Football Club Limited committing a crime already...?

pfc_companies_house.jpg

http://www.bytestart.co.uk/annual-return-form-ar01.html

"You are legally obliged to file an annual return as a limited company director, and will face penalties if you fail to do so, or file your return beyond 28 days of the company’s ‘made up date’. In fact, it is a criminal offence to fail to deliver your annual return on time."

Pompey....got to be the only club to celebrate getting relegated to the bottom division...

Absolutely, no tears, just smiles, just like last season and the relegation before.

Finally one of you gets it......

For those asking, the game was sold out for Pompey Fans btw. Was not possible to get another ticket for the Pompey end.

Absolutely, no tears, just smiles, just like last season and the relegation before.

Finally one of you gets it......

Do the millions of taxpayers, business and charities that have lost over £100m on your "cheerful" plunge down the leagues "get it" too....?

Already insolvent and cant afford to file the annual return ?

Bear in mind that "overdue" status is for the annual DIRECTOR(S) return (AR01) not their annual tax return or suchlike. Its still a legal requirement that appears to have been overlooked though.

PST and fans will enjoy the honeymoon period but im predicting it will end in an acrimonious divorce.

back to the Proclaimers, they are releasing a revamp single now called **** of fratton park aka sunshine on leith

My heart was broken, my heart was broken

Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow

My heart was broken, my heart was broken

While pompey are on this earth

I will always support you

While the PST, puts Sunshine On Fratton

I'll thank them for their work

And the begining of the new era

Bear in mind that "overdue" status is for the annual DIRECTOR(S) return (AR01) not their annual tax return or suchlike. Its still a legal requirement that appears to have been overlooked though.

It only costs 13 quid to submit as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With their budet and the decent youngsters they seemed to have brought through (whoever their youth development officer is fair play to him - is the PST still getting rid of the youth set up by the way?) I think they will have a good chance of doing somethign next season. However, I've been wrong before. If things don't go well, and the Chairman (and major shareholder??) and CEO aren't to the fans liking, is there a procedure in place to vote them out?

No they aren't. I know of one lad who only signed a contract with them (well, his parent's did) last Thursday. When they told me the news I asked them this exact same question. Oh, both parents and the boy are avid Saints fans - season ticket holders too. Saints didn't offer him an academy contract, the Skates did. (I did accuse the parents of child abuse, but they assure me that if Saints ever make a move for their son he will be off to Staplewood like a shot!!)

Notification reads:

NOTICE: Portsmouth FC Press Conference (note new date) & London Press Briefing

A press conference will be held at Fratton Park at 10.30am on Wednesday April 24 to launch Portsmouth Community Football Club and unveil the new management team at the club. A representative from Supporters Direct will also be present to talk afterwards to the media about the importance of this project to the good governance and supporter engagement movement in general. Media representatives should report to the VIP entrance in Frogmore Road, PO4 8RA. Please note the original scheduled date of Monday April 22 has proved logistically not possible.

A London press briefing will be held at Supporters Direct HQ, 3rd Floor, Victoria House Bloomsbury Square London, WC1B 4SE on Wednesday April 24 at 2.30pm where representatives from the Portsmouth Community Football Club and Supporters Direct will be available to answer questions from the media about the project and its importance to the good governance and supporter engagement movement.

Let's keep the thread open until Wednesday

Sue for £500? Would it be worth it. ;-)

OI, always! But never less than a grand, and that's only for a quick flashy of me varicose veins.

Ah... This isn't the muppet show, but I'm sure I could be forgiven the mistake. No point sueing anyone without a pot to **** in.