Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

72d45d86d6ce3312b97a9e2770e7a8ea_normal.jpegDan Brett ‏@DanBrett905m

Looking forward to tomorrow's #Pompey match - the beginning of a bright new era. Time for the fans to show football what it's been missing.

:facepalm:

I just don't get it. They really, really believe they're something. It's every week they're constantly telling everyone how great they are. Why, oh why? Honestly, wouldn't it have been better if they were liquidated? I hate reading it, it infuriates me.

85p1stawv07qq1gjz541_normal.pngJames Mulloy ‏@james_mulloy2m

I can't believe we are closing in on 20,000 at the game tomorrow..remind me, are we in the premier league or heading to League 2? #Pompey

All the JCLs coming out of the woodwork :D

My skate mate was in uproar this week when he walked in to his 8 year old son's bedroom to find him playing fifa as Southampton, already affecting the 'next generation' :D

All the JCLs coming out of the woodwork :D

My skate mate was in uproar this week when he walked in to his 8 year old son's bedroom to find him playing fifa as Southampton, already affecting the 'next generation' :D

Tell him to buy 'JPT 2013-14' or 'League 2 Manager'.

A quite inspiring quote:

"We are Pompey. Everyone knows us the world over, even more so now the club is owned by the very people football is all about.

Other clubs will hate to admit it, but they sure as hell wish they were in the same position as us."

Yes, yes skates, we sure do...

No, you are the right person for this.... Over the last five years, teams with higher average attendances then the Skates at league 1 level.......

GO!

Southampton, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds....

Just off the top of my head.

Bestest.

No, you are the right person for this.... Over the last five years, teams with higher average attendances then the Skates at league 1 level.......

GO!

Leicester

Leeds

Saints

Sheff Utd

Sheff Weds

Swansea

Huddersfield

Norwich City

Charlton Athletic

Nottingham Forest

Edited by Matthew Le God

So cutting through all the carp -

In one of the weakest league one line ups in recent seasons, the team with the second highest average gate and biggest playing budget in the division still manages to get themselves relegated.

That is why they are the bestest!!

http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=573:convert-or-purchase-community-shares-on-saturday&catid=34:demo-category

Your chance to buy your share in Pompey

Following the successful buy-out of Portsmouth FC by the Pompey Supporters' Trust, fans have the chance to convert their pledge or buy a share in person ahead of Saturday's game with Sheffield United.

There will be a stand in the Victory Lounge beneath the Fratton End between 12.30pm and 2.30pm which will allow fans to buy a share, provided they can pay by cheque.

Payable to CASH I assume.

Rejoice, the PDT have the club.

Let the surge to 150k posts begin.

In the past years of this thread I recall people saying "time to close it its over now". I don't think anyone here thinks this is the end, not by a long stretch. The trust's business plan is shot full of fundamental flaws and over estimations of the fanbse.

The inmates are running the asylum!

Inmates-Running-the-Asylum1.jpg

It'll end in tears (and administration number 4 in 2015)

In the past years of this thread I recall people saying "time to close it its over now". I don't think anyone here thinks this is the end, not by a long stretch. The trust's business plan is shot full of fundamental flaws and over estimations of the fanbse.

The inmates are running the asylum!

Inmates-Running-the-Asylum1.jpg

It'll end in tears (and administration number 4 in 2015)

Let the good times roll!

I look forward to seeing the accounts for 2013/14.

I can picture it now.

Skate 1: Right, we need new playerz innit.

Skate 2: Well, we only got 100 faasand paaaands.

Skate 1: F**k that, just spend what we want and write it off.

Skate 2: Oh yeah.....

plenty more laughs to be had now the deal has finaly been done. really looking forward to the wild transfer rumours over the summer from the fans as the trust continue to ask for fan investment

Skate Campaigner: We need more pledges!

Layman Skate: And what would my 1000 pounds pay for?

Skate Campaigner: A single day's salary for David Connolly.

Layman Skate: I'll pass......

No reason not to publish the business plan and Portpin agreement now.

"The share will buy me the one thing we have fought for over years; transparency. There has been very little of it at Pompey in my lifetime, for one simple reason; you don't grant transparency when you have something to hide."

-Micah Hall

our points deduction came the following season as we were relegated. This would be the first time that the points have been deducted without their being a meaning. The league has played a weak card and if this is truly going to happen then the league authorities have been very lenient yet again. The authorities have been lenient time and again, this should be of little surprise this latest episode.

They will be more than competitive next season and at this moment i feel they will be back in L1 this time next year.

They haven't been lenient, they've applied the punishments they've said they will. This statement (as I said in this thread yesterday) specifically states the -10 would occur in 2012/13 as it's a condition of them playing in L1 this season. Whether they decide to add another punishment before allowing the taken over club to play in L2 is another matter.

Our points deduction is completely irrelevant, it happened due to us going into admin after a given deadline and is a league rule. This isn't covered by any league rules, and there's nowhere in the rules that refer to this -10. So, as they're making it up as they go along, there's no real reason they couldn't get another deduction.

No it wouldn't, Leeds and Boston both went into administration and took an immediate 10-point hit at the end of the game that relegated them. In fact, in Boston's case, it was at half-time of the game that relegated them.

And, OldNick, THAT is why there is now a cut-off date for admins long before the end of the season, which is the deadline we missed with our (unexpected) admin, and why we got -10, due to Leeds and Boston bending the rules which the FL had changed by the time it happened to us.

I seem to recall Wrexham being poised to go into admin during their last game at one point too, but they won and stayed up, so carried on.

And this tops the lot. Scumfinder General, Frattoniser. He who told us he liked nothing better than spending many an hour finding scummahs (and in many cases non-scummahs) and loudly banning them from POL; he who has stated many times how much he hates the fackin scummahs. The white van man has just come out with this utter barrel of lies:

I give more thought to the weather than I ever do to scummers, what a waste of my time it would be thinking about them - of all the things in the world that are far more important, the activities of a bunch of stripey pony fiddlers is of no consequence to me whatsoever.

Seriously, that is just utterly priceless.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah....I'm sure it's purely coincidental that the court case was delayed time and time again until such point they knew that they were unlikely to avoid relegation one way or the other.... no sir-eeee - its just a big fat coincidence....

Pompey trying to manipulate the points penalty system to their advantage? You're 'avin' a larf!! They've turned over a new leaf dontcha know....

Bear in mind that when they put the club into admin in 2011 they knew they would have only 18 months or 1 close season and until the end of the next season. The 18 months expires about now, funnily enough. Can't find that rule at the moment.

Slightly bothered if they do get the -10 this season by this in the FL Rules:

12.3.5 For the avoidance of doubt, where a Club and/or Group Undertaking is subject to more than one of the procedures in Regulation 12.3.1 above during a process of compromising creditors (for example Administration followed by a Company Voluntary Arrangement), the Club shall only be deducted one set of 10 points, such deduction to apply with effect from the first Insolvency Event.

They already had the -10 for entering this admin in the Championship. The -10 now is a condition set by the FL of them playing in L1, and they won't be in admin when it comes to starting L2 (and if they're screwed they won't be telling anyone until after the season has started).

So I guess it will come down to whether the FL treats the failure of CVA1 which has now happened due to the agreement of CVA2 as a separate insolvency event, which much as it pains me, is what MLG said. ;)

On the bright side, one of the definitions of insolvency event in the FL rules is (see i)

"'Insolvency Event' refers to any one of the following:

(a) entering into a Company Voluntary Arrangement pursuant to Part 1 of the Insolvency Act, a Scheme of Arrangement with creditors under Part 26 of the 2006 Act, or any compromise agreement with its creditors as a whole;

(i) have any proceeding or step taken or any court order in any jurisdiction made which has a substantially similar effect to any of the foregoing."

Court order, 2 weeks ago... effect of failing a CVA...

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

You mean all this was only The Fellowship Of The Ring? That means we still have to sit through The Two Towers and The Return of the King...

Need more popcorn, precious...