Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This is from of their guys on fans online. Not sure what role he has within the pst, but seems close to the action. Its a good job their deal with the property developer will net them 50 odd million, as I think they have already earmarked it for a new stadium.

I was going to post that it is time to lock this thread, but after reading stuff like this I am not so sure.

------------------------------------------

I don't want to go into too much detail as things are still at an early stage so could change, but I've been working on plans for the last few weeks for the PST.

My brief has been to look at how we can invest the money we'd get from the property deal to improve Fratton Park and create much needed corporate facilities and increase capacity.

The north stand has been identified as a potential area of the ground to do this and I've set about looking at proposals which would give us an ultimate ground capacity of c28,000.

Shifting the pitch is an idea I've suggested before, but given the budgets we are working to and the fact that phases of rebuilding the ground could be set out over a number of years, the key is to not implement developments which leave the ground disjointed in the interim years which could have a negative impact on the atmosphere (think Molineux in the 1980's for example).

The trick will be to maximise the capacity and phase the rebuild so each new phase adds to the ground, taking nothing away whilst we do it.

I've looked at replacing the north upper with a new larger stand with corporate boxes and lounges at mid level. The north lower can either stay in-situ until a later date or it could all be done in one go.

Other phases would see the FE increased at the back (all still one tier as I know having a 'kop' is seen as a vital part of a rebuild) with a new roof, and also a corner stand linking the FE and North.

Eventually the Milton End could be cleared and a new stand of similar scale replace it with modern facilities underneath where currently is earth banking.

The south stand is efficient for its footprint capacity wise, so would either get a revamp or rebuild to similar scale in time.

As I say, all early ideas at the moment, but the intention is there to give us a Fratton Park that meets modern requirements but retains the look and feel of the old ground so we don't get anything soulless or boring

They have two far better choices...

1. Develop Moneyfields stadium in the short term.:)

2. Save up by not paying tax , charities, local business suppliers etc and building that super Harbourdrome stadium....:p

That is after their new developer..OWNERS have sold Fratton for the new supermarket/houses etc.

Just how deluded are these idiots.

They have just been relegated to the 4 tier of English football, can't sell out a c21k ground and they want to make it bigger? facepalm thingy if I knew how to.

Wolves expansion plans at Molineux I believe were originally in the region of £40m so where are these deluded fools proposing to get that sort of money from, the shareholders maybe???

Surely the new owners would want to get off on the right moral footing and give a significant percentage of any future land sale windfalls back to the charities, tax payers and local businesses that have bent over backwards to allow them to even still exist in the first place? (aka those that voted for a ridiculously low % CVA to keep the club alive - excluding those from CVA1 who didn't get to vote on CVA2 of course...you know, the latest -10 "punishment" that Pompey received for not honouring CVA1....oh....)

Edited by trousers

They have just been relegated to the 4 tier of English football, can't sell out a c21k ground and they want to make it bigger? facepalm thingy if I knew how to.

Wolves expansion plans at Molineux I believe were originally in the region of £40m so where are these deluded fools proposing to get that sort of money from, the shareholders maybe???

The funny think is he is getting stick on that thread for limiting it to 28,000 capacity..... They think it should be higher as they are so massive..... seriously.

Hmm, but it was sold out for Pompey fans.

This is from of their guys on fans online. Not sure what role he has within the pst, but seems close to the action. Its a good job their deal with the property developer will net them 50 odd million, as I think they have already earmarked it for a new stadium.

I was going to post that it is time to lock this thread, but after reading stuff like this I am not so sure.

------------------------------------------

I don't want to go into too much detail as things are still at an early stage so could change, but I've been working on plans for the last few weeks for the PST.

My brief has been to look at how we can invest the money we'd get from the property deal to improve Fratton Park and create much needed corporate facilities and increase capacity.

The north stand has been identified as a potential area of the ground to do this and I've set about looking at proposals which would give us an ultimate ground capacity of c28,000.

Shifting the pitch is an idea I've suggested before, but given the budgets we are working to and the fact that phases of rebuilding the ground could be set out over a number of years, the key is to not implement developments which leave the ground disjointed in the interim years which could have a negative impact on the atmosphere (think Molineux in the 1980's for example).

The trick will be to maximise the capacity and phase the rebuild so each new phase adds to the ground, taking nothing away whilst we do it.

I've looked at replacing the north upper with a new larger stand with corporate boxes and lounges at mid level. The north lower can either stay in-situ until a later date or it could all be done in one go.

Other phases would see the FE increased at the back (all still one tier as I know having a 'kop' is seen as a vital part of a rebuild) with a new roof, and also a corner stand linking the FE and North.

Eventually the Milton End could be cleared and a new stand of similar scale replace it with modern facilities underneath where currently is earth banking.

The south stand is efficient for its footprint capacity wise, so would either get a revamp or rebuild to similar scale in time.

As I say, all early ideas at the moment, but the intention is there to give us a Fratton Park that meets modern requirements but retains the look and feel of the old ground so we don't get anything soulless or boring

there must be one hell ofa waiting list for the-corporate boxes. To watch L 2 with all the excitement that entails will have the big businesses queuing to rent them

I don't really care that the -10 didn't carry over. As someone earlier said they are in LEAGUE 2 FFS. They will probably do okay in it, too. But the FL will be all over their finances like a rash. (I think they let them off the -10 because it was a "fans' takeover" which is something they want to encourage in the lower leagues.) There is no way they are going to be allowed to overspend and it will be funny for us and frustrating for the blue increasingly few. And any dodgy takeover will be closely monitored and spending still restricted. League 1 is quite achievable, but getting above that on gate money alone is tough. I think the FL will be happy to nurse them along like some recovering addict, but any hint of back-sliding will be dealt with much more firmly. A lost decade will be the least of their worries imo.

I don't really care that the -10 didn't carry over. As someone earlier said they are in LEAGUE 2 FFS.

Well, I care that they didn't get the -10 points deduction carried over to next season and have emailed the FL to the effect that they are a spineless, gutless organisation that has made themselves a laughing stock. I have asked them what the point was of having the deduction if it wasn't meant to be a punishment, as it cannot be deemed to be a punishment by definition if it has zero effect on anything. They have also set a precedent for any future clubs who find themselves in the same predicament. I have asked them what other clubs who were punished more severely for arguably lesser demeanours are likely to feel and also what those businesses, charities and the taxman will think of their toothless attempt at retribution.

I asked for a reply detailing their reasoning behind their decision and wondered whether there was some bias towards them because of the fans' trust takeover. I won't hold my breath on a reply beyond the usual empty platitudes. I really do think that as many people as possible should harangue them and tell them that they are disappointed that the FL has no more spine than a jellyfish.

Well, I care that they didn't get the -10 points deduction carried over to next season and have emailed the FL to the effect that they are a spineless, gutless organisation that has made themselves a laughing stock. I have asked them what the point was of having the deduction if it wasn't meant to be a punishment, as it cannot be deemed to be a punishment by definition if it has zero effect on anything. They have also set a precedent for any future clubs who find themselves in the same predicament. I have asked them what other clubs who were punished more severely for arguably lesser demeanours are likely to feel and also what those businesses, charities and the taxman will think of their toothless attempt at retribution.

I asked for a reply detailing their reasoning behind their decision and wondered whether there was some bias towards them because of the fans' trust takeover. I won't hold my breath on a reply beyond the usual empty platitudes. I really do think that as many people as possible should harangue them and tell them that they are disappointed that the FL has no more spine than a jellyfish.

I think they should at least explain the inconsistencies in their punishment system... Going into administration or not coming out of administration without a CVA results in a punishment that can be carried over to the next season whereas failing to honour a CVA doesn't. Why the inconsistency?

not me, I've reverted to default state of patronising indifference bout what happens to portsmouth. It was nice having credible rival for that brief moment 5 years ago or whatever but they so far beneath us now it ain't even funny yo.

I hope Brighton come up. Maybe after a few years they can become someone worth arguing bout!

I also sent an e-mail, of pretty much the same content, I won't hold my breath on getting a reply!

Thiery Henry signs for Pompey FC !!

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

OH, how I'd love to read that headline in the summer!

He did say he loved us and he was totally taken in by the fans at FP.

..... and if there ever the time to get him, its now

I'm starting to enjoy this new PTS chapter already...

I've laboured over the ultimate capacity issue, but we also have to work to maximising the budgets we have now.

The 28,000 is a minimum benchmark and is one previous schemes worked to for transportation and other planning requirements.

Other thoughts include doing something the club should have been doing years ago and that is buying up the houses behind the Milton End and South Stand as and when they come on the market. These can then be rented out in the medium term, but could ultimately be cleared for larger development if needed.

The likelihood of us selling out 28,000 every week would probably mean we were back in the Prem and if so the money would then be there to implement such bolder proposals

Doh...... That's another few million gone on buying the houses.

It's easy this club ownership lark

The likelihood of us selling out 28,000 every week would probably mean we were back in the Prem and if so the money would then be there to implement such bolder proposals

Someone should point out the FACT that they didn't sell out 21k the last time they were in the prem - I doubt nobhead neil will do it so it'll have to be one of us...

Limited budget.

They'll do it in stages as they can afford it

I think that's how they'll tackle it. At the end of next season they'll turn the pitch through 90 degrees, followed by another 90 degrees the following summer, with either two further 90-degree rotations or a single 180-degree rotation to complete the work, depending on their funds at that time. It will be a massive effort but it will be well worth it.

When was the last time they sold out? As in, sold tickets, not given them away (or cheated a competition that meant the prize money subsidised the cost of tickets)? That'll be before that genius lifetime season ticket offer they rolled out....

Absolutely, no tears, just smiles, just like last season and the relegation before.

hardly surprising you didn't all break down in tears. On each occasion you have been effectively relegated for weeks, so the last day of the season must have been a relief that its finally over rather than some sort of dissapointment that you somehow missed out on staying up. Obviously this time round you have got rid of Chanrai, so a celebration is understandable.

Shame the `sell out' home crowds weren't there all season. Perhaps with an 18k attendance each week you might have had the finances to stay up. You'll never know.

Edited by Chez

I think that's how they'll tackle it. At the end of next season they'll turn the pitch through 90 degrees, followed by another 90 degrees the following summer, with either two further 90-degree rotations or a single 180-degree rotation to complete the work, depending on their funds at that time. It will be a massive effort but it will be well worth it.

Clockwise or anti-clockwise?