Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Only last week we had matey boy from the East telling us there wasn't a spare seat in the Pompey end available. He'll be back again with the same line after all the other home games this season and after every home game next, surely...........

oh...

I genuinely can't get why they would lie so blatantly about something like that? Surely they must realise in the digital age we live in anyone can get a pic of the game that day from a variety of angles, and sure enough, 2 days later we see the pic during the game of the South Stand showing approx 50% of the lower tier empty. It was a decent attendance, should have been happy with 16k home fans considering how poorly they've been supported since their first season in the Prem', instead readingpompey or whatever his name is resorted to blatantly lying and making up a complete fabrication. I'm genuinely interested in what motivates the loons to do this, is it simply a case that if they tell themselves something is fact often enough it becomes fact in their simple brains?

He's not been seen on here since being outed. Just have to wait for the next nutter to start making stuff up, sad fact is you know there will be one.

Could be an idea, sweepstake for the next PortsMyth on SWF? I'm going for ST sales sell out by end of May despite absolutely zero supporting evidence and a website and ticket office offering season tickets for sale there and then.

Weirdos.

REALLY? This from the team that had to cancel a fund raising friendly through lack of ticket sales?

short memories!!!

I genuinely can't get why they would lie so blatantly about something like that? Surely they must realise in the digital age we live in anyone can get a pic of the game that day from a variety of angles, and sure enough, 2 days later we see the pic during the game of the South Stand showing approx 50% of the lower tier empty. It was a decent attendance, should have been happy with 16k home fans considering how poorly they've been supported since their first season in the Prem', instead readingpompey or whatever his name is resorted to blatantly lying and making up a complete fabrication. I'm genuinely interested in what motivates the loons to do this, is it simply a case that if they tell themselves something is fact often enough it becomes fact in their simple brains?

He's not been seen on here since being outed. Just have to wait for the next nutter to start making stuff up, sad fact is you know there will be one.

Could be an idea, sweepstake for the next PortsMyth on SWF? I'm going for ST sales sell out by end of May despite absolutely zero supporting evidence and a website and ticket office offering season tickets for sale there and then.

Weirdos.

TBF he didn't say there weren't empty seats, he just said you couldn't get a home ticket!!

Ah, here we go :-

Hmm, but it was sold out for Pompey fans.
Edited by Big Bad Bob

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/pompey-boss-supports-tower-turning-white-and-blue-1-5036841

Pompey boss supports tower turning white and blue

POMPEY boss Guy Whittingham will be at the Spinnaker Tower to support its celebration of the Pompey Supporters Trust taking over the club.

Today the Pompey manager will be at the tower in Gunwharf Quays at 4pm.

He is promoting the lighting of the tower which is due to take place on Saturday.

The Spinnaker Tower will be lit up in blue, red and white to celebrate the community trust finally winning its bid to take over the club last week.

Odd how they miss the red bit out of the main headline. If the light show is just for pompey why is there red in there unless they are just borrowing lights from some other purpose?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92903640/FC%20Media/PFC/20130424_PFC_Press_Briefing.pdf

Does a property developer own Fratton Park?

No. PCFC has partnered with Hampshire-based property developer Stuart Robinson who has purchased the land

surrounding the stadium in a separate deal. Stuart has loaned PCFC £1.2m in the short-term to enable the club to buy

Fratton Park along with a bridging loan of £1.45m from Portsmouth City Council. In the medium to long term PCFC

plans to work with Stuart and the local authority to improve the stadium and redevelop the land surrounding it.

Edited by trousers

My reading of that document suggests that they have borrowed £2.65M in total from two sources, both loans to be paid back pretty soon - six months?

And the £1,000 fans have NO say over decisions, and the Trust has three members on a board of seven.

Even by pompey maths that leaves four people who could outvote them on everything.

Nice to see that man-in-the-street is going to be in control.

I do hope they selected their board carefully.

My reading of that document suggests that they have borrowed £2.65M in total from two sources, both loans to be paid back pretty soon - six months?

And the £1,000 fans have NO say over decisions, and the Trust has three members on a board of seven.

Even by pompey maths that leaves four people who could outvote them on everything.

Also good of them to include the Trust spokeman's mobile phone number in that document. Might come in helpful should there be any answered questions that need answering... (highly unlikely I know...)

Edited by trousers

If they had read the prospectus they would have known that before "investing". It's all there in black and white. If, however, they had believed the outright lies being pedalled by the Trust board members and spokesmen, they would have thought otherwise.

The council loan is to be repaid within 6 months when the next PP arrives. I believe the time scale on the loan from the property developer may be significantly longer.

(From FACTLESS Allen of the Snooze)

Pompey have pledged to attract more fans to the club through ‘affordable’ season-ticket prices.

That is the promise from Mark Catlin as the new ownership prepares to deliver its packages for the 2013-14 campaign.

The pricing has been established, although won’t be released for two weeks while everything is finalised.

However, newly-appointed chief executive Catlin believes fans will approve as they seek to build on the existing 8,080 holders.

He said: ‘We have got the prices ready and are in the process of getting the marketing campaign up and running and the structures in place.

‘I would think the prices are going to be announced in two weeks max.

‘We have obviously got to run it as a business, but we want football to be affordable to the public of Portsmouth.

‘A lot of emphasis is going to be on kids.

‘We think that is the way to go. We want to encourage the kids in and also we want to make it that if people want season tickets there are clever ways to pay where maybe they don’t have to pay everything in advance.

‘You can’t get Fratton Park packed out every week, but we want bums on seats, we want the Portsmouth public to support their local team.

‘Our budgets are based around certain income levels.

‘It is about how you arrive at that income, whether you have 8,000 at X money or 18,000 at X money, which is achievable. (Yeah, good luck with that one. Couldn't get 18,000 in the NpC what chance in L2? More deluded bo££ocks eminating from Fatpipes Park.)

That debate has been going on in the boardroom.

‘We don’t want empty seats so are looking at students, disadvantaged groups, children, whatever – we are going to do all we can to get people into the Park.’

I was talking to a 'reasonable' Pompey fan yesterday who was banging on about how impressed he was with the new set up at PFC

One person he had spoken to directly was a Mark Trapani who, I think is one of the HNW sponsors

I pointed out to him that, as far as I was aware, the gentleman in question runs the Snows BMW garage in Pompey.

Snows Group, is in fact, based in Soton (starting with Office Supplies many years ago and moving into Car Delearships etc)

So, on this basis, any money Mr Trapani has invested in PFC has been directly obtained from working for a Soton based company.

Sensed a slight tinge of exasperation with this info.

Also does anyone remember (possibly back in the Deacon days when Pompey were in the usual state of financial disarray) a group of well meaning Saints fans offered to help with fund raising to ensure the survival of a local rival (similar to the Bournemouth effort) but were told where to shove their well meaning efforts by some of the more vocal Pompey supporters?

I am pretty sure this happened but don't want to run with this if my memory is playing tricks with me

b000c8facfa01abd0a174eefd901ef00_normal.jpegNOW TV From Sky ‏@NOWTVSport

Barca and Real will need a miraculous comeback in their #UCL semi-finals, but what’s your favourite sporting comeback? We'll RT the best.

d624e73d3640ac6640b0e7faf0ef4622_normal.jpegWill Clarke ‏@willb0123

@NOWTVSport we didn't win, but David Norris' 94th minute equaliser for Portsmouth VS Southampton.... #pup

Retweeted by NOW TV From Sky

I teach that kid! You wait till tomorrow morning...

The council loan is to be repaid within 6 months when the next PP arrives. I believe the time scale on the loan from the property developer may be significantly longer.

Which is odd, because their own document describes the loan from the property developer as being in the 'short term' and the loan from the council as being in the 'medium to long' term.

It's good to see reality setting in and six months being described as the long term future of pompey ;)

I was talking to a 'reasonable' Pompey fan yesterday who was banging on about how impressed he was with the new set up at PFC

One person he had spoken to directly was a Mark Trapani who, I think is one of the HNW sponsors

I pointed out to him that, as far as I was aware, the gentleman in question runs the Snows BMW garage in Pompey.

Snows Group, is in fact, based in Soton (starting with Office Supplies many years ago and moving into Car Delearships etc)

So, on this basis, any money Mr Trapani has invested in PFC has been directly obtained from working for a Soton based company.

Sensed a slight tinge of exasperation with this info.

Also does anyone remember (possibly back in the Deacon days when Pompey were in the usual state of financial disarray) a group of well meaning Saints fans offered to help with fund raising to ensure the survival of a local rival (similar to the Bournemouth effort) but were told where to shove their well meaning efforts by some of the more vocal Pompey supporters?

I am pretty sure this happened but don't want to run with this if my memory is playing tricks with me

Has someone who knows one of the snows directors .I have met the guy at my mates wedding and he seems a decenct guy to me despite being a Pompey fan.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

‘We don’t want empty seats so are looking at students, disadvantaged groups, children, whatever – we are going to do all we can to get people into the Park.’

I'd have thought it was obvious you'd be trying to attract people from Portsmouth, yes...

Got to love this quote from Mcinnes

"I'd like to think we can keep the character of the old stadium but provide it with a lot more modern facilities. This is the largest 20,000-seater stadium in the country and if you reshaped the seats you could add another two or three thousand."

So other 20,000 seat stadiums only seat 15,000 then??? They are the 'bestest and biggest'TM

it's feckin simple's rip out the bucket seats and lay down scaffold planks, (nudge up fat c**t)

Which is odd, because their own document describes the loan from the property developer as being in the 'short term' and the loan from the council as being in the 'medium to long' term.

It's good to see reality setting in and six months being described as the long term future of pompey ;)

I could be wrong. I thought the council loan was till the next set of PP's so I assume that counts as short term?

@pn_neil_allen: Many congratulations @blueballoo2000 on your role at #Pompey. You can guarantee plenty of passion and drive! http://t.co/XGSiOnohKM

“I wanted the title of Engagement Manager because my job is to rebuild bridges with all the fans, partners, sponsors, local institutions and every sector of the local community – bridges that have become broken over the years.

Here's a bit of advice for you Micha if you want to rebuild bridges (Yes I know it will be bigger that the Forth Bridge), pay your all your bills on time, don't try and shaft the taxman.

So NowTV asked for a comeback to match overturning a 4 goal deficit in a Champions League semi-final?

And they got an equaliser in the Championship, from a bloke who didn't get paid?

If that's the standard -

I couldn't find my car keys once, but then I did.

I've got loads more like that if little Will wants to curate a book.

Oh, and I tried to start the mower a few years back, it didn't work, then it went second go.

What a comeback that was, we still talk about it now.

That's worthy of a thread of its own :)

Us nutjobs would make a good stab at getting pompey to moneyfields, we are the essence of community here...

as Head of Reality I bring to you a wealth of experience 'sales, marketing, politics and service and relationship management' which is second to none on the local football forum... a CV? No need me old mate, just read through my post history innit

So reality bites amongst the fans... or not, as the case may be (from the BBC textfeed on the Basel v Chelsea game on the website)

GET INVOLVEDHasnain Gulzar: "Why would anyone not give Frank Lampard a contract extension? Well, he is welcome at Old Trafford."

followed by

GET INVOLVEDJames Watts: "Re Hasnain Gulzar tweet: Or Lampard is welcome to come to Fratton Park!"

:facepalm:

I was in SA last year and playing golf with an old farmer. He had seen at first hand in both Zimbabwe and SA what had happened when land was given to people with no farming background based on the land distribution policies.

He said that everything worked well for a year, the crops were good and all well. They celebrated by building nice houses and buying Mercedes cars. What they did neglect to do was give their mates overpaid jobs, failed to invest in the infrastructure or fertilise the ground for next years crops. The result was their crops got worse each year until they went out of business.

I see parallels. Land given away at a price below what it was worth to the owners, jobs for the boys and the inevitable transfer bonanza at the expense of investing in a credible youth system.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/new-director-dyer-happy-to-stick-around-1-5033309

‘It has been a really long period of negotiation with all of the authorities and bodies involved.

‘We have had to negotiate but also come to an agreement with the PFA, Football League and Premier League to determine how those bodies deal with the parachute payments, the players owed money.

‘Those issues have been quite complex and the deal is unique as far as they are concerned.

‘I wonder whether it will ever be done again in some respects – it has been absolutely ground breaking.

Now Dyer will help steer the club from his position on the board.

He added: ‘I am not a member of the Trust board, I am not a member of the Trust, I am not a president, so I think my role is as a referee!

(From FACTLESS Allen of the Snooze)

‘It is about how you arrive at that income, whether you have 8,000 at X money or 18,000 at X money, which is achievable. That debate has been going on in the boardroom.

I think that he meant to say "whether you have 8,000 at X money or 18000 at Y money.

But the maths at Skateland never stacked up before, so I wouldn't expect their new bloke to be clued up on the basics of Algebra.

Excuse me if I'm coming across as a bit dense but why are they even thinking about expansion let alone talking about it?

They barely half filled Fratton Park at a time when they desperately need matchday income just to keep jobs afloat, why on earth would they even consider expanding a ground that was half empty in a league above the one they're going to be spending time in??

They are basically doing this ... :poundit:

Hey Phil.

Last [working] day of the week today Phil.

Still no sign of this 'mystery' that you promised us in your 'look at me' post last weekend.

Since it hasn't come true yet again, why not share what you were told - it's not like you're going to get anyone in trouble by telling us all about something that didn't happen anyway...

Time for a last look at the numbers before they head off on a Galactico recruitment drive?

Let's put the parachute payments to one side for now.

8,080 season tickets - if they are all being paid for, 75% at full price and 25% concessions of one sort or another, that will bring around £1.6m or £1.7m income net of VAT

Add in another 2,000 ad-hoc ticket sales for each game (average attendance in L2 10,000+?) will bring another £750k

Commercial and sponsorship could be worth another half a million.

That gives them a total income of somewhere around £3m (co-incidentally about the same as we will earn extra for finishing 11th rather than 15th)

Now lets look at the forward debts. I'm assuming that the bank balance they inherit will be used up to get them through the close season and pay the administrator and his disbursements and other fees:

Old players more than £8m

PCC £1.5m

Robinson £1.2m

Chinny's add-ons

Micah Hall's salary

Most reliable estimates put the parachute payments next season at a touch under £10m, and after that zilch. Enough to pay PCC and the players. That leaves them paying Robinson & Chinny from gate money.

What I find interesting is the suggestion that they have a deal to pay the players off over 4 years, not next season from the PPs. After next season what are they going to pay them with? £3m will be just enough to pay the running costs of an average L2 club. I have to say, it doesn't seem to add up.

I still think "Something will turn up" is the biggest item in their business plan. It will be fun popping in every now and then to see how they are getting on.

Well it didn't take Micah Hall long to get his pledge money back di it? First months salary will see to that.

Seriously that's shocking jobs for the boys stuff, makes them look completely tin pot as a club and Hall (serious investigative journalist) a sell out desperate to get his pledge money back ASAP. Honestly I can't get over how small time that is, they have opened a can of worms with this, everyone will be coming out of the woodwork looking for jobs now!