Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They really do try and make even the smallest thing seem huge don't they.....They might win a under 17 youth league, wow. Does that really need to be in their news?

Maybe someone needs to point out how our kids are doing in the ELITE group http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u18-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=ELITE

But yet you don't see us spouting off about it in the press etc

What's next a lad from Pompey won the egg and spoon race at under 10s sports day?

They really do try and make even the smallest thing seem huge don't they.....They might win a under 17 youth league, wow. Does that really need to be in their news?

Maybe someone needs to point out how our kids are doing in the ELITE group http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u18-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=ELITE

But yet you don't see us spouting off about it in the press etc

What's next a lad from Pompey won the egg and spoon race at under 10s sports day?

Maybe, but no doubt he'll have glued the egg to the spoon!

Key question... Is diluting a failed CVA an "insolvency event"?

Football League rules state that...

Insolvency Event' refers to any one of the following:

(a) entering into a Company Voluntary Arrangement pursuant to Part 1 of the Insolvency Act, a Scheme of Arrangement with creditors under Part 26 of the 2006 Act, or any compromise agreement with its creditors as a whole

Like diluting a failed CVA?

12.3.1 If any Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, that Club shall be deducted 10 points.

It then goes on to say...

12.3.4 Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.3(b) apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

(a) the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.3, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the Football Conference if appropriate); or

(b) the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.3 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20120702/section-3-the-league_2293633_2125717

The place to email and ask...

enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Email sent

It won't let me register for some reason - crap registration form - doesn't tell you what the problem is.....hey ho, their problem not mine

Basically there is a blue plaque posted, and I hope to god it's some sort of photo shop thing and not really hanging at their "stadium".

The words are very inspiring

On this site

Once more stands a mighty football club.

We can not change the past

But we can shape the future.

Dedicated to all those fans who took a stand

and refused to allow Portsmouth Football club to die.

I think the only bloke who has taken a stand is Robinson, and he's going to help himself to the rest of the ground the first time that they miss a payment!

IF they complete tomorrow.

I thought they might have announced a press conference by now, or confirmed details of this public deal - or at least paid some of the effing creditors.

Dunno why MLG feels the need to question whether there's been an insolvency event, that's covered by the first line from when they originally went into admin, this is all part of the same process.

What I have just found though, is the FL's statement on the points deduction from 2012 which says explicitly that in order to play in the League in 2012/13 they MUST receive a -10 deduction in the 2012/13 season :

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20120712/league-board-makes-membership-offer-to-portsmouth_2293334_2847729

Therefore, as a condition of membership, any new company established to apply for ownership of Portsmouth Football Club's share in The Football League will be required to:

1. Accept a deduction of 10 points in the 2012/13 season;

2. Agree that only a limited proportion of the secured debt from the previous club can be carried forward into the new company as secured debt.

3. Pay all football creditors in full, unless mutually acceptable compromise agreements are put in place.

4. Agree to a range of other restrictions on playing budgets, future borrowing and loan repayments for the next 5 seasons.

So if anything, the FL will issue an ineffective (but mandated) -10 for THIS season, and then may well tell them they need to accept another deduction for next season in accordance with the need to ensure they actually get punished in order to achieve these stated goals :

12.3.2 If a Group Undertaking of a Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, then the Board shall have the power to impose upon the Club a deduction of 10 points scored or to be scored in the League Competition. In exercising this power the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and to:

(b) the need to protect the integrity and continuity of the League Competition;

© the reputation of The League and the need to promote the game of association football generally

Seems the only way to go to me. They have explicitly stated that Portsmouth will get a deduction this season, and that they need to maintain these regulations as a deterrent.

Then again, they have also said here :

http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20121210/league-board-considers-pst-proposal_2293334_3002405

The Board also confirmed that on-going membership of The League would be subject to a number of conditions that seek to ensure the sporting integrity of league football and the financial viability of the Club going forward.

It therefore re-affirmed its earlier decision that these conditions would include a deduction of 10 points (applicable at the point of transfer of share) and a range of other restrictions on playing budgets and future borrowing for the next four seasons.

which sounds a little like a backtrack on the definite 2012/13 deduction if anything, as it doesn't state 12/13 any more. Edited by The9

Methinks if one follows MLG's logic then the event would predate the cut off, and the points would have come off this season.

I still think it's irrelevant, as it only applies to clubs being penalised -10 for going INTO administration when they come out of administration. This punishment is not for that and the dates mentioned don't apply.

I wrote to the BBC. Nick knowles about helping a worthy cause re building Fratton park . He wrote back thanking me for my letter and that after consideration they have decided to re build the greater wall of china as it will be easier and quicker to complete . But thank you for your suggestion

Port Vale are pressing for the -10 to be incurred next season, Board member told me tonight at nippers training session. Apparently it's the position of every club.

Also found out that some interesting snippets about how coaches are flocking to SMS to see how we coach and mentor our kids which are considered to be model pros.

I wrote to the BBC. Nick knowles about helping a worthy cause re building Fratton park . He wrote back thanking me for my letter and that after consideration they have decided to re build the greater wall of china as it will be easier and quicker to complete . But thank you for your suggestion

Pity, was looking forwards to the episode of the big build where the closing comments were "Oi!, Come back with that camera!"

Port Vale are pressing for the -10 to be incurred next season, Board member told me tonight at nippers training session. Apparently it's the position of every club.

Also found out that some interesting snippets about how coaches are flocking to SMS to see how we coach and mentor our kids which are considered to be model pros.

I don't think there is any need to worry. It's just Ashley Browne and his PST colleagues making noise for the sake of it to cement their position with the blue few.

If anybody cares to quote the rule about the cut off date, we will see why the points will be carried over according to the rules. We seem to be quoting everything except the relevant sub-article.

12.3 Sporting Sanctions. Been posted below but pretty sure it's irrelevant anyway : http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20120702/section-3-the-league_2293633_2125717

Edited by The9

If anybody cares to quote the rule about the cut off date, we will see why the points will be carried over according to the rules. We seem to be quoting everything except the relevant sub-article.

12.3.3 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.3.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.3.2:

(a) during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

(b) during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.3.4 shall apply; and

© outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 10 points (including in the Football Conference if appropriate).

12.3.4 Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.3(b) apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

(a) the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.3, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the Football Conference if appropriate); or

(b) the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.3 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction.

Except, as has been pointed out countless times, there is no rule for this right now. The existing rules account for clubs going into administration before/after the cut off; not coming out of administration, as the skates will be. Everyone is just assuming the rules will be the same (as they morally should be).

Except, as has been pointed out countless times, there is no rule for this right now. The existing rules account for clubs going into administration before/after the cut off; not coming out of administration, as the skates will be. Everyone is just assuming the rules will be the same (as they morally should be).

Think the point Hutch is making is that the diluted CVA issue is treated as a normal insolvency act and that therefore the rules stated apply.

Think the point Hutch is making is that the diluted CVA issue is treated as a normal insolvency act and that therefore the rules stated apply.

Agreed. But the Football League have made an unnecessary rod for their own backs by deciding to dock them the points only when they exit administration. They should have just done it at the start of the season, when it was clear that CVA-1 hadn't been paid per the original terms; banter aside, that would have been fair. As it is this stupid situation has been allowed to fester, and if they let them off now there will be hell to pay from the other clubs, but it will be a decision completely at odds with everything the FL have said about it. But, as we know ourselves, the FL make it up as they go along and change their own rules to suit their prevailing moods.

Yeah but it's MLG's point, ;) and there's nothing linking the unpaid/rolled up/diluted CVA to an insolvency act in ANY of the FL statements (see above). Even the Saints admin message on the FL website specifically quoted the Sporting Sanctions, none of the Pompey messages have.

Edited by The9

Agreed. But the Football League have made an unnecessary rod for their own backs by deciding to dock them the points only when they exit administration. They should have just done it at the start of the season, when it was clear that CVA-1 hadn't been paid per the original terms; banter aside, that would have been fair. As it is this stupid situation has been allowed to fester, and if they let them off now there will be hell to pay from the other clubs, but it will be a decision completely at odds with everything the FL have said about it. But, as we know ourselves, the FL make it up as they go along and change their own rules to suit their prevailing moods.

It was necessary because they had to leave the door open for the possibility of a takeover by someone who paid off the first CVA, thereby avoiding any need for punishment.

I know, I know...

It was necessary because they had to leave the door open for the possibility of a takeover by someone who paid off the first CVA, thereby avoiding any need for punishment.

I know, I know...

Yeah, true, but at that time Birch had said he was only dealing with Portpin, and then only with the PDT (neither of whom were honouring CVA-1) so there was some wiggle room. Technically correct, but I imagine the FL are regretting the way its panned out.

I know, I know...

Yep....CVA1 hasn't technically failed until its superseded by CVA2

Yeah, true, but at that time Birch had said he was only dealing with Portpin, and then only with the PDT (neither of whom were honouring CVA-1) so there was some wiggle room. Technically correct, but I imagine the FL are regretting the way its panned out.

The FL could simply say that the statements were issued after reassurances from PKF that the takeover was to be completed by Xmas 2012 and any sanctions were drawn up with that time frame in mind and as that time frame clearly wasn't adhered to that the -10 will be applied inline with standard FL rules.

You'd think the FL would have someone looking at this from the perspective of the worst case scenario given the stunts they've pulled so far to circumvent the rules, wouldn't you ? But to be honest, as long as they get a deduction which has an effect I'm fine with it - and there's no reason for the League to have invented the punishment for them if they were just going to overlook it.

I would of course pee myself laughing if they ended up getting more than just the -10 (even if they got a negligible one this season AND -10 next) and a set of financial and transfer restrictions that utterly cripple their ability to compete.

The other thing of course is that the League pretty much can do whatever they like, and the PDT will have to accept it or not join the League. Despite the protestations of some on here, the FL generally have done the necessary to protect the integrity of the competition (which also includes previous instances of booting teams out and hammering others with points deductions).

The FL could simply say that the statements were issued after reassurances from PKF that the takeover was to be completed by Xmas 2012 and any sanctions were drawn up with that time frame in mind and as that time frame clearly wasn't adhered to that the -10 will be applied inline with standard FL rules.

They've already had the chance, the reiteration was "applicable at the point of transfer of share" on 10th December 2012 : http://www.football-league.co.uk/footballleaguenews/20121210/league-board-considers-pst-proposal_2293334_3002405

I see Pompey look like they will more or less sell out this weekends game. The media coverage of that will be sickening and the Pompey fans are creaming themselves at the prospect of it on Twitter.

Someone should remind them that we sold >27,000 the game after we were last relegated.

Yep....CVA1 hasn't technically failed until its superseded by CVA2

Legally speaking, I think that's probably the crux of it from the FL's perspective. Not that they can't crush all legal challenges by threatening to withhold the golden share...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/5209783/Southampton-plan-appeal-against-Football-Leagues-points-deduction.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/23/southampton-football-league-matt-le-tissier

I see Pompey look like they will more or less sell out this weekends game. The media coverage of that will be sickening and the Pompey fans are creaming themselves at the prospect of it on Twitter.

Someone should remind them that we sold >27,000 the game after we were last relegated.

Like ours was, it'll be a very short term positivity bump followed by a further drop on previous attendances until fortunes change.

For all the backwards and forwards over points, they still haven't completed the deal - despite being 'ready to go' for weeks.

...and still waiting on the super-transparent unrestricted definitely going to appear on the Trust website any time now Agreement document. Which is now 6 days late.

I would also pee if they went to the end of the season, asked for an extension and the FL just booted them.

This is true as I have just done exactly that.

The other thing of course is that the League pretty much can do whatever they like, and the PDT will have to accept it or not join the League. Despite the protestations of some on here, the FL generally have done the necessary to protect the integrity of the competition (which also includes previous instances of booting teams out and hammering others with points deductions).

The league have not put a foot wrong yet. The club has shown the ability to self destruct at every stage of the process over the past couple of years without intervention from the FL. This has enabled the FL to ensure that they cannot be blamed for the demise. It will be a minimum of minus ten points next season.

Yep, hands up, I had fotgotten that 12.3.3 is linked back only to 12.3.2 In my memory "...or the Board impose a deduction..." was capable of wider application.

Notwthstanding that point, I still find it very difficult to believe that the FL will write new rules when they already have 12.3.3(b) & 12.3.4(a) which were designed, in spirit at least, to cover these very circumstances.

I see pfc123 (who wouldn't swap places with us 3 years after 2009, because we'd be in a lower league than them) is alive and well (http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/index.php) .......

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF]pfc123 Posted on 18/04/2013 16:02

Seriously, why do scummers post on here?[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF, align: right]Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF, colspan: 2]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF, align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #E7EAEF, colspan: 2]They post on here due to a warped hatred that stems from being Hampshire's least successful professional club (unless they want to count themselves above the mighty AlderXXXXXX of course).

Some frankly, have just too much time on their hands and a wierd need to troll. I could understand it if it was a proper debate, it wouldn't be trolling if that was the case, but it isn't. 99 times out of a hundred they just wade in with some load of old XXXXXX about how the media love them, or they're loving the Premiership, and we're 'little' Pompey. XXXXXX, utter XXXXXX all of it, but still they feel the need to come back and spout the same desperately weak rubbish day after day.

What eats away at them is a trophy count of four to one, the one being gained by an offside goal scored by a bloke from Pompey. They hate the fact that we will make twice as much noise as them and most other fans wherever we go. And they hate the fact that the support we have is praised regularly by the media and people actually within the game.

So, 2009 rolls around and they go into administration, only they genuinely try to cheat the FL by saying that SLH and SFC are two separate entities when they went under, a lie that the FL see's through pretty quickly. Also around this time was the infamous 'Save the saints' game, cancelled as we all know due to lack of interest. They now insist that the take up was so poor due to 'rumours' of a billionaire coming over the horizon. Even if that were true, which I doubt, if the billionaire was just that- no more than a rumour, wouldn't you all turn up and pay your money to help save your club, just in case it was all talk? We would, because when OUR backs are up against a wall we don't go around the back of it and hide.

Fast forward to the start of our demise and the birth of infamous 'Pompey takeover saga' thread on the same board. Fairly early on it was pretty clear that this was going to be a haven for all those deckchairs with an unhealthy dislike for PFC. It rapidly became a place for them to whip each other into a frenzy of outraged indignation at Pompey's 'cheating'. I stopped posting on it over a year ago, when all reason and reality had dissolved into a kind of creepy twilight world where the same lies were rehashed over and over and over again as fact.

Now it's just a haven for twisted oddballs who post photo's of toasters, Moneyfields and photo's of old ladies in mobility scooters trundling past Fratton Park.

The strange thing is that on the odd occasion I now dip into it to read the latest bile, I end up genuinely laughing out loud at the ever more desperate attempts to demonise us and wish us dead. It's so funny because clearly we're not only not dead, we now OWN the club. In fact, just at the moment we're all happy- they are because we'll be in L2 next year, we are because we own the club and we've finally lanced the boil of dodgy, uncaring owners smile.gif

So, next season they will, at best finish in the middle of the Premiership- well, they've had 128 years to practise making up the numbers so they they should be getting the hang of that by now. As for us, we're about to start on a possibly rocky road to recovery. Whatever utter rubbish they come out with, I know we're going to have a lot of fun along the way grin.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So pfc, 3 years from now, would you be willing to swap places with us, or do you still reckon you'll be above us then?

kenwood_toaster.jpg

Moneyfieldsclub.jpg

1199188.jpg?type=articleLandscape

"Maradona's lawyer Angel Oscar Moyano claims his client has players lined up to join Al Fahim's Fratton Park revolution and that he is ready to quit the Argentina post he only accepted last October.

"He has got top players ready and he is even ready to leave the Argentine national team," Moyano told Arabian Business.

Support

"He wants to build a strong team for which he offers his mediation for signing players of top level, who with the support of Diego Maradona, will be ready to come to Portsmouth."

So then, actual quotes from the guys lawyer. And lawyers are very careful what they say aren't they? Still, nevermind- if he comes in I'm sure he'll look jealously at the third division team down the road :D

"Argentine soccer legend Diego Maradona is offering to bring four international stars to newly owned Portsmouth, if the club appoints him as their global ambassador, his lawyer has claimed.

And in a further development, an advisor to new Pompey owner Sulaiman Al Fahim confirmed this morning that “discussions” have been held with Maradona’s cousin Remigio Maradona over a role for the former World Cup winner at the club.

Confidential emails sent by Maradona’s lawyer Angel Oscar Moyano claim the superstar is willing to act on behalf of Valencia striker David Villa and Barcelona hero Samuel Eto’o. The email also mentions his son-in-law Kun Aguero, who plays for Atletico Madrid and another Valencia striker, David Silva, as possible targets.

“Diego Armando Maradona has players “personal“ commitment [sic] to enter into exclusive talks with Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim”, writes Moyano.

Eto'o, Villa, Silva. Crap players or what? We'll be down this season for sure and in administration within a year. Yeah, looks like you guys were right all along. We've fuucking had it big style..........:rolleyes:

Realistically? Extremely unlikely. However, who would have thought Pompey would have signed 5 current England internationals in the last three years?

Admit it, you all laughed your ****s off when the 'Sol Campbell to sign for Pompey' stories started surfacing a few years back. You laughed with a bit less certainty when the 'David James to sign for Pompey' story broke. By the time we'd signed Johnson, Muntari, Diarra, and Defoe you'd stopped laughing a long time earlier.

The point is if you pay someone enough money they'll come to you. So what if it doesn't last forever? We've had more fun in the last 7 years than you've had in the last 30.

The bottom line is that despite the title of this thread, the takeover has NOT collapsed, Al Fahim has NOT failed the FPPT, we are NOT going down and we are NOT going into administration.

You might as well lock this one down, because remember: "It's the hope that kills you".

Indeed, and how are you getting on down in the third division?

Ok, line by line:

"new billionaire owner" who appears to be spending er, not much. No point having a billionaire if he's only bought you as an 'investment'.

"premiership ground and training facilities". You can't call it a premiership ground- you're not IN the premiership. In fact your so called Premiership ground is the very reason you're no longer in the premiership. It's a white elephant.

"good youth academy" Yep, give you that one. All that class that was unleashed onto the Championship last season really showed just how good your 'famed' academy really is.

"great pedigree of manager" Ok, starting to get more desperate now. A great pedigree of manager who has been bombed out of the last three clubs he was managing.

"future is safe" How do you know that? The Cranemeister could have his families finest rolling down towards St Mary's now to knock it down! No-one knows if there club is "safe", whoever they support.

"massive fan base, 22k turned up for a friendly" What massive fanbase? Of that 22k, 8k were freebies: "Many of the tickets "sold" were given out as freebies either with ST's or to schools." That brings it down to 14k. 14k at what, £10-15 a ticket, for a game against Ajax. Not quite Man U numbers are they?

"no fat drug addicks looking to take more money out of an already financially f*cked club." Yeah, like you've been through our books and know it all....

"So ok, hope you enjoyed your brief stint in the prem mind, glass houses and all that." Don't worry, we'll be in the top flight for a long, long time yet...

I don't blame anyone- we went for it, won the F.A. cup, and it's been brilliant. If it goes tits up tomorrow, (which it won't) we'll STILL have an AFC Portsmouth or something similar......

Agreed. Anyway, all creditors owed less than £2500 are being paid in full by Chanrai anyway, which is something he didn't have to do. We're not the evil cheats some of you try to make out...

I don't care either way, and neither does anyone else outside the SO postcode so bleat all you like about it, no-one else is listening. We're out of the woods, on the road to recovery and we won't be docked any points so I'm well happy with that.......

Coffee_spray.gif

Edited by trousers

pfc123 Posted on 18/04/2013 16:02

Seriously, why do scummers post on here?

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They post on here due to a warped hatred that stems from being Hampshire's least successful professional club (unless they want to count themselves above the mighty AlderXXXXXX of course).

One really doesn't need to read beyond this first line to see how feeble pfc123's mental processes are. We post on here because we're having a laugh at their expense. And recent evidence covering the records of all of the clubs historically in the top flight put us above you, so he isn't even factually accurate either.

Some frankly, have just too much time on their hands and a wierd need to troll. I could understand it if it was a proper debate, it wouldn't be trolling if that was the case, but it isn't. 99 times out of a hundred they just wade in with some load of old XXXXXX about how the media love them, or they're loving the Premiership, and we're 'little' Pompey. XXXXXX, utter XXXXXX all of it, but still they feel the need to come back and spout the same desperately weak rubbish day after day.

Again, utter garbage. Amongst the scorn and derision is plenty of debate about the root causes of the reasons for your decline. Often we were turning up info on the crooks and charlatans running them before they were.

What eats away at them is a trophy count of four to one, the one being gained by an offside goal scored by a bloke from Pompey. They hate the fact that we will make twice as much noise as them and most other fans wherever we go. And they hate the fact that the support we have is praised regularly by the media and people actually within the game.

And the fact that they are the first Premiership club to go into administration. That they have wracked up several more administrations than us. That they cheated to win their last Cup. That they cheated charities, the tax man and local businesses out of shedloads of money.

So, 2009 rolls around and they go into administration, only they genuinely try to cheat the FL by saying that SLH and SFC are two separate entities when they went under, a lie that the FL see's through pretty quickly. Also around this time was the infamous 'Save the saints' game, cancelled as we all know due to lack of interest. They now insist that the take up was so poor due to 'rumours' of a billionaire coming over the horizon. Even if that were true, which I doubt, if the billionaire was just that- no more than a rumour, wouldn't you all turn up and pay your money to help save your club, just in case it was all talk? We would, because when OUR backs are up against a wall we don't go around the back of it and hide.

What about your "pack the park" campaign when you have been plummeting down the divisions towards oblivion? The take-up of shares in the Trust has been derisory, laughable. Look at yourselves before criticising us, hypocrite.Anyway, many didn't support that campaign to save the Saints because they wanted to force the issue and get Lowe out. And it worked, didn't it?

Fast forward to the start of our demise and the birth of infamous 'Pompey takeover saga' thread on the same board. Fairly early on it was pretty clear that this was going to be a haven for all those deckchairs with an unhealthy dislike for PFC. It rapidly became a place for them to whip each other into a frenzy of outraged indignation at Pompey's 'cheating'. I stopped posting on it over a year ago, when all reason and reality had dissolved into a kind of creepy twilight world where the same lies were rehashed over and over and over again as fact.

You stopped posting on our board because you were increasingly being made to look an idiot for the tripe you came out with. Also you couldn't stand having your previous posturings being thrown back in your face when they had proven to be rubbish.

Now it's just a haven for twisted oddballs who post photo's of toasters, Moneyfields and photo's of old ladies in mobility scooters trundling past Fratton Park.

The strange thing is that on the odd occasion I now dip into it to read the latest bile, I end up genuinely laughing out loud at the ever more desperate attempts to demonise us and wish us dead. It's so funny because clearly we're not only not dead, we now OWN the club. In fact, just at the moment we're all happy- they are because we'll be in L2 next year, we are because we own the club and we've finally lanced the boil of dodgy, uncaring owners

And the prize for trying to put a brave face on a desperate situation goes to.............PFC123. There's still plenty of laughs to be had on this thread, because the fans share ownership of the club with a property developer whose intent is almost certainly not to act in the best interests of the club. He will be anticipating the liquidation of the club when the rag-bag collection of minor league local businessmen who share ownership with him on behalf of the fans prove that they can't run a whelk stall and they go into administration yet again.

So, next season they will, at best finish in the middle of the Premiership- well, they've had 128 years to practise making up the numbers so they they should be getting the hang of that by now. As for us, we're about to start on a possibly rocky road to recovery. Whatever utter rubbish they come out with, I know we're going to have a lot of fun along the way

Not as much fun as we're going to have observing your "possibly rocky road to recovery."