Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Karma[*kahr-muh*]noun

1.*action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.

2.*the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

3.*fate; destiny.

I thought it telling when the chairman elect said that they'd listen to all sensible offers for players.

What offers?? None of them are signed up to long contracts. There's a few (Connolly for one) who won't be hanging around come June.

That's damned lucky that they can now rely on the increased gate money from a sustained promotion challenge from ten points below the absolute bottom of the fourth division to compensate for losing £2m from their guaranteed income next season.

Bearing in mind that the TOTAL income for the average League 2 club for the whole season is around £3m, then losing £2m from their "reworked business plan" at a stroke just means a couple more fundraisers at the park.

Karma[*kahr-muh*]noun

1.*action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman.

2.*the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

3.*fate; destiny.

4. In skate philosophy, one of the means of reaching Bradford.

@Lord_Palmerston: Saints fans are as crap at trolling as they are at supporting their club.

They think we are trolling ,but we are just using the facts. They are 'in denial' that is why they think we are trolling. You have to feel sorry for them.

Guess it is time Pompey read up on the league two finances rules

"The SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocol) broadly limits spending on total player wages to a proportion of each club's turnover, with clubs providing budgetary information to The League at the beginning of the season that is updated as the campaign progresses.

Any club that is deemed to have breached the permitted spending threshold will be subject to a transfer embargo. Wherever possible, The League will seek to tackle the issue 'at source' by refusing player registrations that take clubs beyond the threshold.

At the beginning of the current season, League 2 clubs reduced the permitted spending threshold to 55% from 60% and this figure will continue to be operated next season"

Plenty more fun to be had next season :)

That's damned lucky that they can now rely on the increased gate money from a sustained promotion challenge from ten points below the absolute bottom of the fourth division to compensate for losing £2m from their guaranteed income next season.

Bearing in mind that the TOTAL income for the average League 2 club for the whole season is around £3m, then losing £2m from their "reworked business plan" at a stroke just means a couple more fundraisers at the park.

I'm still not sure why they have lost £2m... Can somebody explain please?

Their good nippers are.

But all we know about their youth is what Factless Allen and co say in the Snooze. Surely it is more likely to be the case that they are not that good, given they have bugger all training facilities for the youth and most of them have been out at local very non-league sides where they have done ok at an even lower level...

Quite a funny exchange from Football365's forum.

Now owned by the supporters. They have fallen far enough. The fans should not be punished for the actions of owners cleared by the leagues "fit and proper" persons test.

I never gave a **** about Pompey before. Now they are supporter owned I hope they really succeed. This should be the model of clubs in english football and any good examples can only help.

They must be the only club whose owners invaded the pitch on Saturday, attacked home fans outside the ground and had a punch up with Millwall at Waterloo.

How the hell did they pass the fit and proper persons test. Skate w*nkers.

:lol:

You could feel the tables begin to change about 3 years ago, but their descent mirrored by our ascent is breathtaking. Seriously, did anyone really see their fall and our rise in such a short time scale...I mean !!

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?15658-Our-Position-Or-Pompey-s

Suprisingly, quite a few judging by that thread :lol:

Even the ideal situation from then, unbroken promotions/relegations, we'd have only got to here at the start of THIS season.

Edited by Jimmy_D

@david_conn: Portsmouth relegated to League 2 just three years since being in the Premier League. Massive rebuilding job for fans trust @pompeytrust

@Pompey_Royal: @david_conn had 7000 for a fundraising friendly at Fratton Park tonight. Bigger than most League One gates.

@garethdn: @Pompey_Royal @david_conn Could hit 16,000 for Dockyard derby in Plymouth in L2 next year too, I reckon. #pafc

@Pompey_Royal: @garethdn @david_conn will be near sellout of 20k this Sat'day despite already relegated. May average c16k next year. Real buzz about club.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-relegated-1-5004060

The result also means it is now likely Pompey will begin life in League Two with a 10-point deduction next term as they prepare to exit administration.

The final decision on that will come when the Football League meet later this month.

However, it is thought the League will not give them a points deduction this term as it would not be deemed a sufficient punishment by other clubs, with the Blues already down.

Fleetwood, Oxford, Accrington Stanley, Burton, Morecambe, Wimbledon, York, Chesterfield, Torquay, Bradford, Bury, Hartlepool, Mansfield....

some blinding dates for the phew next season

To think all those clubs must be looking forward to visiting the new wembley of league 2 for thier cup final. They are going to bitterly disappointed when they realise its only fatpipe park.

@Pompey_Royal: @garethdn @david_conn will be near sellout of 20k this Sat'day despite already relegated. May average c16k next year. Real buzz about club.

mIf they average 12,000 it will be a good turnout! How much have they averaged this season... 14k? Why all of a sudden will they start getting more through the gate when they are bottom of the worst league in the world =\

My old boss in Havant laughed at me when we were relegated from the championship to league 1 with minus 10 points. They were off to the FA Cup final. His words were 'enjoy league 1'. Those words hurt at the time and had real meaning.

Now should I write a letter to him, just saying. Enjoy league 2 and minus 10 points you skate. Love Kevin or should I leave it? I was going to do it last season, but this is even better!

Should I?

My old boss in Havant laughed at me when we were relegated from the championship to league 1 with minus 10 points. They were off to the FA Cup final. His words were 'enjoy league 1'. Those words hurt at the time and had real meaning.

Now should I write a letter to him, just saying. Enjoy league 2 and minus 10 points you skate. Love Kevin or should I leave it? I was going to do it last season, but this is even better!

Should I?

As you don't work there anymore I would....

They are SO bothered about image. As long as they think they're seen as "incredible, passionate fans who own their club" they just couldn't care less about anything else.

Utterly, utterly tinpot.

So next season in the Meridian/BBC South TV area covered by local news, it seems the skates will be vying for last place in the match report order. In order of precedence:

Saints

Reading

Brighton

Bournemouth

MK Dons

Crawley

Gillingham

Wycombe

Portsmouth

Sadly, it looks like Aldershot will be relegated to the Conference.

@david_conn: Portsmouth relegated to League 2 just three years since being in the Premier League. Massive rebuilding job for fans trust @pompeytrust

@Pompey_Royal: @david_conn had 7000 for a fundraising friendly at Fratton Park tonight. Bigger than most League One gates.

@garethdn: @Pompey_Royal @david_conn Could hit 16,000 for Dockyard derby in Plymouth in L2 next year too, I reckon. #pafc

deluded ****wits :facepalm:

As you don't work there anymore I would....

He called me on my mobile, after 2 years of not working there. He must have got it from HR, and gone to all that effort. A director of Eaton Ltd. had not had any contact with him in that time! Madness!

He called me on my mobile, after 2 years of not working there. He must have got it from HR, and gone to all that effort. A director of Eaton Ltd. had not had any contact with him in that time! Madness!

Well then I would say you owe it to yourself, and to him, to return the gesture.

mIf they average 12,000 it will be a good turnout! How much have they averaged this season... 14k? Why all of a sudden will they start getting more through the gate when they are bottom of the worst league in the world =\

their average is 11,900 this season so how the fuccck do they think they will get c16k next....deluded

Can I suggest, Doctor, that you should rather be calling Matt Smith to congratulate him tonight.

So next season in the Meridian/BBC South TV area covered by local news, it seems the skates will be vying for last place in the match report order. In order of precedence:

Saints

Reading

Brighton

Bournemouth

MK Dons

Crawley

Gillingham

Wycombe

Portsmouth

Sadly, it looks like Aldershot will be relegated to the Conference.

MK Dons?!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})