Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can I suggest, Doctor, that you should rather be calling Matt Smith to congratulate him tonight.

If Norris is a Pompey legend for not affecting our promotion bid last season one iota, maybe Smith should be adopted as a Saints legend for achieving something ever so slightly more significant...just a thought...

He called me on my mobile, after 2 years of not working there. He must have got it from HR, and gone to all that effort. A director of Eaton Ltd. had not had any contact with him in that time! Madness!

Rub the deluded Skate ****er's nose in it and enjoy every second of it...

@alex_crook: Don't want to be a doom merchant but don't see how the @football_league wont roll #pompey points deduction into next season

@DrummerBoyRob: @alex_crook should still stay up though as we will be the biggest club in that league by a long way - will attract best players

:facepalm:

@alex_crook: Great turnout at the @pompeytrust game tonight. More than 6,000 and more than most league one and two clubs attract for league games #pompey

Sigh...It wasn't a league game, it was a chance for the fans to back the future of the club. Comparing it with league attendances is missing the point by some distance...

From the Skate's Trust's own mouths http://www.pompeytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=563:pompey-stars-turn-out-for-the-trust&catid=34:demo-category

Pompey boss Whittingham has pledged to field a strong side for the game which is part of manager Hreidarsson's club's pre-season preparations. The Trust has rented Fratton Park for the evening and every penny raised, after expenses, will go towards a community share in Portsmouth FC held by the Pompey Supporters' Trust.

Go towards a community share? So they aren't expecting to cover £1,000 after expenses? WTFILN.

We'll rip up League One they said, we'll see you next season.

We'll bounce straight back.

Yeah, I remember how easy it was to overcome a deduction, or how easy it was to shake off Huddersfield when they pushed us all the way.

Promotion from the lower divisions takes money and good management.

They have neither.

Anyone still think that Redknapp, Storrie, Grant, Cotterill, Lampitt, Appleton and Whittingham are legends?

It's been teamwork and continuity all the way - they have all chipped in en route to this evening.

Harry and Pete laid the groundwork, their suicidal transfer policy was damaging, but Avram took up the reins and plunged the club straight through the first trapdoor.

Was that where Cotterill and Lampitt took over?

That dynamic duo really upped the stakes, they drove the train over a second cliff before England manager-in-waiting UnAppy got hold of it and finished the job.

He spent the last few pennies they didn't have and presented Whittingham with an overpaid squad that was lingering in midtable.

The Corporal wasn't going to be outdone when the baton was handed over, he managed to close that gap on the bottom four and steered his plucky brave troops all the way to the bottom of the league pyramid.

And everyone of these heroes has been cheered all the way by the little blue army.

Well tonight Hampshire stands as one, red and blue together - we join the few and salute all of the above!

They have all done their bit to get the club back where they belong.

Anyone in Portsea still think the overspending on the cup runs was a shrewd investment and worth the hassle?

Thought not.

From a mutual Skate friend on Facebook:

We own our club, we own our own clubbbbbb! We're Portsmouth City we own our own club!!! This pathetic excuse of an event is testament to the poor quality of Scum fans. Unimaginative, ugly, imbred, to name but a few characteristics of an average scum fan. You all cried when you went down to league one, but against Sheff U, we will have a near season high attendance, and we will have a relegation party. It truly says it all. We are crazy to continue paying to see the standard of football that we do, but we love pompey. I'm excited about next season and seasons to come. In league 2, fan owned and debt free, with non of the poisonous legacy of chanrai etc, for us the only direction is up. As Southampton fans can you say the same, you are all staring downwards, because that's the only way, realistically, that you can go. You won't sustain premier league status forever. Finally, let me leave you with some stats.

South coast derby last 4 results:

24th April 2005 Portsmouth 4 - 1 Scum

13th February 2010 Scum 1 - 4 Portsmouth

18th December 2011 Portsmouth 1 - 1 Scum

7th April 2012 Scum 2 -2 Portsmouth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M-f2etdmzE

Have a nice few cans Michael. What a cracking facial expression, if I may say so, something of the archetypal scum fan!

Cheerio lads x

The idiot on Facebook just shows how delusional they still are.

The club will be majority owned by a bunch of not very rich businessmen. If they try to spend their way out they will get early success and then the money will run out and it will be begging bowls and threats of administration all over again. If they try to run it properly the 'natives' will quickly get restless and then they'll be dreaming of getting 10k crowds and getting in the draw for the FA Cup 3rd round on the off chance the can play us again.

Has anyone ever mentioned the brand new record they managed to achieve last night? Thought not.

Well, they are now officially confirmed as the only team in the history of football to be able to claim parachute payments from the Premier League whilst in league 2 / the lowest tier of the league pyramid.

Now that, right there is a record they can be proud of!!

Can people stop calling L2 "the bottom of the league pyramid". It isn't.

The Pyramid only starts to take shape below the Blue Sq Prem.

Where, with a fair wind, that cesspit of a club will be falling into this time next year....

Sorry, I'm sure this has already been covered numerous times before, but could somebody please remind me what is the lowest Division Saints have ever played in? It escapes my memory right now...

Div 3 South (and the Southern League if you go back far enough). So we have played in the bottom tier of 92 I'm afraid.

Pompey have played in Div 4 much more recently though :)

@solentsport: #Pompey Trust chairman @AshBeen tells us their agreement with F League is for ten points to come off this season, regardless of relegation

So, no possibly punishment for failing to honour a CVA then... Same old Pompey....still laughing in the face of creditors ... Anyone got the Football League email address to hand?

And seeing that the chairman of the Trust is in a 'revealing inside info' mood this morning, perhaps he'd also like to unveil the 'add ons' agrees with Portpin while he's at it... ?

Edited by trousers

I just heard the interview and as you can imagine, I listened very carefully.

He stated quite clearly that they had an agreement with the FL that the deduction would come off this season.

Then when pushed, he changed that to 'should', and admitted that they hadn't spoken to FL for several days and their lawyers would be on the phone this morning now that they have been relegated.

He was clearly just quoting the statement from last year when they told the league they were about to exit admin.

He topped that little U-turn off with the rather surprising - if we have the deduction next season it will be devastating.

From a mutual Skate friend on Facebook:

"We own our club, we own our own clubbbbbb! We're Portsmouth City we own our own club!!! This pathetic excuse of an event is testament to the poor quality of Scum fans. Unimaginative, ugly, imbred, to name but a few characteristics of an average scum fan. You all cried when you went down to league one, but against Sheff U, we will have a near season high attendance, and we will have a relegation party. It truly says it all. We are crazy to continue paying to see the standard of football that we do, but we love pompey. I'm excited about next season and seasons to come. In league 2, fan owned and debt free, with non of the poisonous legacy of chanrai etc, for us the only direction is up. As Southampton fans can you say the same, you are all staring downwards, because that's the only way, realistically, that you can go. You won't sustain premier league status forever. Finally, let me leave you with some stats.

South coast derby last 4 results:

24th April 2005 Portsmouth 4 - 1 Scum

13th February 2010 Scum 1 - 4 Portsmouth

18th December 2011 Portsmouth 1 - 1 Scum

7th April 2012 Scum 2 -2 Portsmouth

Have a nice few cans Michael. What a cracking facial expression, if I may say so, something of the archetypal scum fan!

Cheerio lads x "

You should ask why the change of heart and remind him that when were in administration and on the verge of going pop you couldn't move for skates wishing us dead and how they were going to "dance on our grave". And when we dipped into L1 on -10 (still getting crowds in the 20,000s mind) and they were in the Prem (struggling to fill their little ground) we were all in our "rightful places". Strange.

SHA-LA-LA.

DFCSBs.

WTFILN?

And "inbred", said the thick-sister-bothering-skate who lives on a little island. :lol:

I just heard the interview and as you can imagine, I listened very carefully.

He stated quite clearly that they had an agreement with the FL that the deduction would come off this season.

Then when pushed, he changed that to 'should', and admitted that they hadn't spoken to FL for several days and their lawyers would be on the phone this morning now that they have been relegated.

He was clearly just quoting the statement from last year when they told the league they were about to exit admin.

He topped that little U-turn off with the rather surprising - if we have the deduction next season it will be devastating.

Did he explain why it would be "devastating"? Surely a club as massive as Pompey, and their "debt free" :lol: financial clout, will walk League 2 next season, regardless of the -10...

Unless there's something the ever so transparent Trust aren't disclosing about their "ready to go" business plan of course...

If justice is to be done then any points deduction should be effective from next season otherwise it will be a pointless exercise and it will mean they have got away with their cheating yet again

I will be livid if the points come off this season . Especially when we got relegated the points were taken off the following season . I have never forgiven mull whinny or what ever his name for that decision