Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Too many unknowns to get any meaningful figures or factsfrom it, but this is a crude attempt tosee how the figures stack up;

Debts

Football player compromise agreements 8 million (As per pkf)

Football debts Unknown,but we know there is at least one following an article a month or so ago, wherethey referred to it

Kanu Settlement Unknown,but if old factless is right, an agreement has been reached which would be overand above the previous 8 million)

Administrator costs 2.5million (Never seen it confirmed as fact- but general consensus seems to be itwas capped at this total)

Charge on Fratton Park 3Million (Seems to be the figure bandied around)

Extra’s on Charge 350k(Seemsto be the consensus)

Floating Charge Whateverhappened to this JJ - 2 million was thefigure quoted in court- Was this one of the extra’s

Legal costs of Admin Unknown(Over and above the court case) PKF used the lawyers from day 1

Pkf/pst Legal cost of Challenge Unknown

Chanrai’s legal fees Unknown

Hnw’s admin subsidy Tobe converted into equity

Property developer Loan Unknown(News to me, not sure if true, but skates seem to think it is)

Council Loan 1.5million

CVA 500k(Over 150 million pounds worth of debt- what a bargain)

Robinson is lending them £1.2 million, as well as buying the land around Fratton -- all for the best of reasons obviously.

Just to even it up (And I can't format my posts) The total of the figures we know, is 16 million quid, with 7 unknowns that could be relatively small or massively high. From memory the latest pledges amounts to 1.4 million, I think the hnw's have put 3 million in and 12 million PP (We always thought it was 8, but consensus is they get an additional 4 million from extra tv revenue), they will make around 2 million on season ticket sales (If they are allowed it all in one go) which totals 18. 5 million. Leaving 2 million to cover the 7 unknowns, building of a squad, wages from next week until the start of season etc etc etc. I think the gallows humour from the 2nd CVA meeting was "See you again in two years"................... Many a true word and all that

The new parachute payments have gone up from a total of £48m to £60m, a 25% increase (interestingly, some way short of the increase in the overall broadcasting rights value). If that increase is applied evenly across all 4 years of parachute payments, that means they'll receive an extra £2m next season, not the £4m they have supposedly budgeted for. Oops.

The new parachute payments have gone up from a total of £48m to £60m, a 25% increase (interestingly, some way short of the increase in the overall broadcasting rights value). If that increase is applied evenly across all 4 years of parachute payments, that means they'll receive an extra £2m next season, not the £4m they have supposedly budgeted for. Oops.

Parachute payments aren't done evenly over the four years, the first two years are larger than the last two.

Parachute payments aren't done evenly over the four years, the first two years are larger than the last two.

I'm well aware of that :facepalm:

Read what I actually wrote rather than what you think I would write, if the increase of 25% (not a fixed figure) was applied evenly - and there's nothing to suggest they wouldn't be - then there would be a £2m increase in years 3 and 4 (£4m increase in years 1 and 2, for clarification purposes).

**** me :facepalm:

Doesn't it start next season, so the first clubs to receive it would this years bottom three. So nothing for Pompey. ( or I may have misunderstood what you are getting at)

Doesn't it start next season, so the first clubs to receive it would this years bottom three. So nothing for Pompey. ( or I may have misunderstood what you are getting at)

No, as Pompey are about to enter year 4 of the parachute payments, they get whatever is relevant to year 4 at that time rather than at the time of their relegation from the Premier League.

On the flip side, if the new deal had been for less money than the previous deal, they'd have been utterly ****ed as they'd have received even less than they were expecting.

No, as Pompey are about to enter year 4 of the parachute payments, they get whatever is relevant to year 4 at that time rather than at the time of their relegation from the Premier League.

On the flip side, if the new deal had been for less money than the previous deal, they'd have been utterly ****ed as they'd have received even less than they were expecting.

To think, the season the skates bombed out of the PL, the parachutes doubled FFS! The skates have been hugely fortunate over the last few years, that parachute cash is the only thing that has kept them alive... other then Balram Chanrai that is.

So is there any definitive evidence about how much extra they will get? One assumes that if they are budgeting for an extra 4 million they would have been told that is how much they would get?

So is there any definitive evidence about how much extra they will get? One assumes that if they are budgeting for an extra 4 million they would have been told that is how much they would get?

I reckon they saw that the total TV deal value increased by around 50% and just assumed the parachute payments would increase in line with that.

And an associated story, we had perhaps forgotten about..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17219854

Is it me or are there a lot of people earmarked for the same parachute payments.

Perhaps I need to update the debt list. The first two posts on the subject had 1.2 to the property developer and 2 million less in Parachute payments which was a 3 million hole in five minutes. Given this article is a year old and they have two parachute payments made to gaydamak at half the value. That's another 1 million left to throw into the pot :) :) :) :)

IMHO that will NOT happen

The FL will only apply the -10 THIS season, irrespective of whether they get enough points to stay up or not, which IMHO, is no punishment at all

I have always thought this, and will continue to do so, until such times as when the FL get some B&lls and treat their beloved Portsmouth in the same was as they did Luton, Bournemouth etc etc

On post 77435 of this thread you stated you'd bet anybody that the FL wouldn't impose the deduction at all.

Oi! PFC123.....stop reading this thread every 5 minutes.....we're supposed to be the obsessed ones FFS... ;)

Well.... we may be obsessed, but we get a lot out of this thread. Laughs! Regular, genuinely spluttering, snorting, giggling, disbelieving and snig gerring... Wonder what they get out of their visits?

And an associated story, we had perhaps forgotten about..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17219854

Is it me or are there a lot of people earmarked for the same parachute payments.

Perhaps I need to update the debt list. The first two posts on the subject had 1.2 to the property developer and 2 million less in Parachute payments which was a 3 million hole in five minutes. Given this article is a year old and they have two parachute payments made to gaydamak at half the value. That's another 1 million left to throw into the pot :) :) :) :)

Recap of a post I made showing where all the parachute payments are going, per their own documentation (from the Council)...

Was that while you were going on about baking your gonads with 4 and 20 blackbirds? ;)

If people don't want to read my ramblings, it essentially says this..

25jb591.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22171365

I do hope that whoever advised them they would get an extra 4 million, had checked first.

So that article says the increase will be from the current £48m (£16m , £16m, £8m & £8m) to a new £60m

Clubs relegated from the Premier League will receive in excess of £60m over a four-year period from next season after the Premier League agreed new parachute payments for the next three years.

The Premier League is yet to confirm the exact figure, while the issue of solidarity payments to the Football League clubs is still to be finalised.

However at the weekend the Observer said the following :-

The Premier League is planning to give relegated clubs parachute payments of £23m next year, a 42% rise from the current figure of £16.2m. If they don't go straight back up, those clubs would get £18m the following year, £9m in year three and then £6.1m.

At the same time, the 2013-14 'solidarity' payment paid to League One teams will go up 6.6%, from £338,000 to £360,000. For League Two, the increase is 5.4%, from £228,000 to £240,000.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/apr/13/uefa-racism-kick-it-out If correct much of that increase is front loaded in year 1 (£16m to £23M), however I cannot believe they will reduce the 4th years payment.

Recap of a post I made showing where all the parachute payments are going, per their own documentation (from the Council)...

So PP additional maybe half and some of the HNWI money was used to help support the club while in admin last year?

Edited by Doctoroncall

So that article says the increase will be from the current £48m (£16m , £16m, £8m & £8m) to a new £60m

However at the weekend the Observer said the following :-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/apr/13/uefa-racism-kick-it-out If correct much of that increase is front loaded in year 1 (£16m to £23M), however I cannot believe they will reduce the 4th years payment.

I feel the latter part of Birch's statement reflects exactly where we are in the saga:

"The club is in a default position. It is left with a foot-print around the stadium that they don't own, they don't own the training ground and they don't own the academy. It leaves you asking 'where has it all gone?', and I can't answer that question."

20.39: Big goal in League One's 'Johnson derby.' It's father v son between managers as Oldham's Lee takes on Yeovil's Gary, but with the hosts now a goal up, that would mean Portsmouth and Hartlepool would be relegated this evening.

:p

That is good news

They will soon be an insignificant footnote in a dark period of history consigned to the dusty volumes of some forgotten shelves in a dark corner of dingy library where only the worlds outcasts and and feeble minded dare to visit.

Sounds like TCWTB's bookshop.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})