Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@solentsport: Portsmouth Supporters Trust Chairman Ashley Brown says he expects ten point deduction to be taken off this season #pompey

@neilwingham: @solentsport correct decision. Have aready been punished for this administration last season anyway

@Lord_Trousers: @neilwingham @solentsport This -10 isn't for going into administration this time, its for failing to honour CVA from previous admin.

:facepalm:

They'll get it one of these days...

I had immense fun last night having 'banter' with some of the blue few on twitter last night.

incredibly some of them truly don't get what they have done,from shafting HMRC,Local Business,Charities,failed to service a CVA...with another one to come....and so on.

they just Throw back their supposed incredible support....they were blown out of the water with every tweet.

they just can't be told that they don't own the club...they have a share,well almost.

The only thing we do agree with is...they got away with all the mismanagement quite lightly.

im furious...they are rejoicing....something's not right with that.

I had immense fun last night having 'banter' with some of the blue few on twitter last night.

incredibly some of them truly don't get what they have done,from shafting HMRC,Local Business,Charities,failed to service a CVA...with another one to come....and so on.

they just Throw back their supposed incredible support....they were blown out of the water with every tweet.

they just can't be told that they don't own the club...they have a share,well almost.

The only thing we do agree with is...they got away with all the mismanagement quite lightly.

im furious...they are rejoicing....something's not right with that.

I'm guessing the same buffoons are also whining about the taxpayer forking out £10m for Thatcher's funeral when the club they adore has evaded 6 times that amount in tax payments.

Edit: apologies to PTS regulars for dipping into politics on this sacred thread. I will happily take whatever punishment I'm due...unlike a certain football club...

Edited by trousers

Went to bed on page 1750 last night and had a guess where we would be this morning - I salute you all fellow Saints fans for rubbing their snotty noses in their communal detritus infested back alleys. The AAP gag is brilliant! And I wish I was back where i worked 3 years ago when the skate followers were giving it large, oh how revenge and karma tastes so sweet.

The best bit is from today 17th to next Monday 22nd we have 6 more days of lies spin and delusional rubbish to dissect and entertain us all before the next chapter is due to begin. You cannot then call it a takeover saga at that point, the continual car crash will need a new title or Volume 2 surely??

If justice is to be done then any points deduction should be effective from next season otherwise it will be a pointless exercise and it will mean they have got away with their cheating yet again

I will be livid if the points come off this season . Especially when we got relegated the points were taken off the following season . I have never forgiven mull whinny or what ever his name for that decision

Lord Brian Mawhinney ...ex-chairman of the Conservative party, and of course ex-chairman of the Football League.

Since he left they've got a lot softer, so it is hard to predict how the decision over the -10 will go. In his day there'd have been no doubt that it would be applied next season.

Div 3 South (and the Southern League if you go back far enough). So we have played in the bottom tier of 92 I'm afraid.

Pompey have played in Div 4 much more recently though :)

Not so - when we were in the Southern League it was a rival to The Football League, not inferior to it - there was no tier system in those days.

We have never played in Division 4.

He called me on my mobile, after 2 years of not working there. He must have got it from HR, and gone to all that effort. A director of Eaton Ltd. had not had any contact with him in that time! Madness!

The classy thing to do would be to send him a 'with sympathy' card, saying that you remember how he went to all that trouble to ring you when Saints were down on their luck, and that whilst there is a real temptation for you to gloat as he did, things are SO bad at Portsmouth now that you just wanted him to know that you were thinking of him. ;)

I've got 5 pages to read since I last logged in yesterday. I am assuming it will be 5 pages of mega lols. I'd like to add to this:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PTS thread calling Oldnick.

Oldnick to the PTS thread immediately.

:)

Sorry Trousers i didn't hear you I had the hoover on, what do you want darling?

They are nearly there, when they lose their stadium and go into the Conference (or 1 of those 2 then they will have had their medicine.)i will then believe they have not got away with it. i must admit I did enjoy the news though

My old boss in Havant laughed at me when we were relegated from the championship to league 1 with minus 10 points. They were off to the FA Cup final. His words were 'enjoy league 1'. Those words hurt at the time and had real meaning.

Now should I write a letter to him, just saying. Enjoy league 2 and minus 10 points you skate. Love Kevin or should I leave it? I was going to do it last season, but this is even better!

Should I?

you should phone and ask for your ex boss and when they ask 'who shall i ask whose calling ?' just say 'the Blue Square league'

Oh dear how sad for those decent professional clubs playing in Division Four next year have to put up with these bunch of shysters.

I'm sure the true magnitude of the job has just dropped onto the champagne filled carpets of Fratton - the honeymoon is over it lasted a few days and now back to reality , the demand for instant promotion is the basic requirement - any thing else is failure - Still not to worry I'm sure after all once you hit the bottom where else is there to go ..... OH Conference League silly me - Heres a thought

Harry back to steer the club forward !!!

Probably already posted, but the delicious irony of Cardiff City, the club cheated out of an FA Cup final win by the team that the Skates couldn't afford, getting promoted to the Premiership the night the Skates drop to the fourth tier.

That's justice right there, irrespective of what Old Nick wants !

Whilst is has been a great read these last few pages, the following link had me in tears of laughter.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-relegated-1-5004060

17/04/2013 10:12 AM BST

sea_cider

To all the Saints posting on here, well done. You have well and truly shown yourselves up and proven once and for all what pathetic, plastic, childish, naive, vile and deluded cretin excuses for football 'supporters' you really are. Thoroughly looking forward to life in Div4, away from the greed and so called glamour of the top flight. The premier league is the finest example of how capitalism and greed has destroyed our great game. We were the tip of the iceberg, many more will tumble. We have / will learn from our mistakes. It seem you lot havn't.You are a disgrace to your fellow supporters. PUP.

:lol:

Whilst is has been a great read these last few pages, the following link had me in tears of laughter.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-relegated-1-5004060

"

The result also means it is now likely Pompey will begin life in League Two with a 10-point deduction next term as they prepare to exit administration.

The final decision on that will come when the Football League meet later this month.

However, it is thought the League will not give them a points deduction this term as it would not be deemed a sufficient punishment by other clubs, with the Blues already down."

After P*mpey's FA Cup win I was sat on a train to Fratton because my girlfriend was at P*rtsmouth uni and lived in Southsea. Saints had just had a rather undignified season in Championship, staying up by the skin of our teeth in that match against Sheffield United. It was one that I'll never forget, but not because it filled us with hope. All of the warning signs suggested that we were heading for ruin.

I had to sit in a carriage full of joyous blue-clad inbreds and squirm. Stupidly we went shopping the next day and got stuck behind the open top bus and a sea of skates. Funny how they seem to have rather less fans than that now.

It hurt. Why them? How had they been able to get to that level? Well now we know.

Some may say that we should remember where we were a few short years ago and take a more pragmatic approach in how we react to P*mpey's latest relegation. NEVER. Our administration situation was different; our debts were paid for a start! A friend called me out this morning for celebrating P*mpey's demise, saying that we'd be nowhere without the Liebherr money. As a matter of a fact from the time of our takeover to promotion to the PL, by balancing departures against purchases we made a £2.57m profit on players. Any sales were assets at the time of admin or academy players, nothing to do with the Liebherr money.

P*mpey did not learn their lesson and at no time have they cut their cloth to fit. They point to the 'crooks' that mismanaged and ransacked the club, yet at no point has their philosophy changed: 'punch above our weight to sign players, we'll deal with the fallout later.'

Well now is the time to deal with it. You can cry to the Football League and the PFA and the Court of Human Rights for all I care. You have reaped what you have sewn and I for one am ecstatic.

Edited by ant

Have the trust actually signed the ownership papers??

Because it wouldn't be possible that the FL realized they cannot fund the debts of the club and stopped the whole thing, or would it?

Whatever the reason I expect they will only be able to stabilize when they turn amateur in 2016 or so.

I so wish I had bookmarked the prophesy I made to that tool Corp HO about 5 or 6 years ago, that we would be back and pass them going the other way. Oh how the fool heaped abuse on my prophesy. Oh how I lmfao now. WTFILN eh Corps?

The only tears I shed are for the people robbed blind by them, who as the end of this takeover saga approaches, are left with pennies if they are lucky.

The Football League made a statement last year that said that to get membership, the new owners would have to accept a 10 point deduction in the 2012/13 season.

That seems to give the PDT lawyers something to work with if the FL decide to carry it over to next season. (notwithstanding the FL's 'its our league and we'll make the rules up as we see fit' policy)

The only tears I shed are for the people robbed blind by them, who as the end of this takeover saga approaches, are left with pennies if they are lucky.

The old saying "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" rings true here, I'm afraid.

Dear Football League

Given Portsmouth have now been confirmed as relegated from League One, will the Football League be making a statement regarding the 10 point deduction that was due to take place this season? Obviously now this will have no effect in punishing Portsmouth for diluting their original CVA that came out from an earlier administration (sorry, lost count of the number of insolvency events). It is in the best interests of football that the 10 points will now be deducted in League 2 when the consortium of local businessmen/property developers are successful with their takeover, to ensure that the club receives the appropriate punishment to maintain the integrity of the competition. I’m sure you will agree, as will fans of AFC Bournemouth, Luton Town and so on.

Regards

A £804m write-down in the UK property portfolio comes after a review in which Tesco identified more than 100 sites, bought mainly during the property boom more than five years ago, which the company no longer plans to develop. Tesco is shifting its focus away from out-of-town stores and many of the properties will not be needed. Mr Clarke said: "The large stores we have are great, but we won't need many more of them because growth in future will be multichannel - a combination of big stores, local convenience stores and online."

What next for Stuart Robinson & the PDT? I thought Tesco were going to build the Skates a new stadium?

Blimey... I do believe #factlessallen might have got a fact right...

@pn_neil_allen: Just to clarify, Trust expect #Pompey points deduction this season - but it is not confirmed. FL have final say and are being tightlipped.

Every 'will they or won't they' decision in the last 3 years has gone in their favour and they're still f*cked.

I'll be well peeved if they get the -10 this season

Edited by Winchester Red

as we said a million pages back, the creditors voted to be raped, and got raped.

I have little sympathy with those who believed the obvious lies and allowed the criminality to continue.

By voting yes, those creditors sanctioned the next stage of the deception.

As for the taxman and those that opposed the CVA, they are the real victims.

At CVA1 I said that if a company owed me £10,000 and offered me £400 a year for five years, less their own expenses, I would have voted to liquidate and danced on their corporate grave.

So what are we talking now for that debt?

The actual scale of the theft is astonishing.

By my maths they have converted £10,000 into £40, less expenses, and you had to wait three years for it!

And still they voted yes.:o

Mugs.

I still reckon doing a little jig would have been way more fun.

And anyone who says that getting about £30 instead of your £10,000 is better than nothing - well I have lots of investment opportunities especially for you....

So for now it's all cheers down there, but I think they'll have a very unpleasant surprise when they meet to plan next season.

And unlike they suggest, ST numbers WILL NOT go up. Despite all this PST rubbish their attendances in League One (and in the last few years) have always been dropping and so they will continue to. I'd be surprised if they had more than 10k for any of the 21 home games next season.

They will also realize that they will have to build a new squad from scratch (doubt they will keep more than 4 players from this current squad) and not exactly with much more money than the others in the league. In fact, as its looking, chances are they will have to do a "pack the park" us vs. Burnley kind of situation to be able to fund themselves through the rest of the season.

Much more to come. But the room for delusion is getting smaller, which can only be good.

17/04/2013 10:12 AM BST

sea_cider

To all the Saints posting on here, well done. You have well and truly shown yourselves up and proven once and for all what pathetic, plastic, childish, naive, vile and deluded cretin excuses for football 'supporters' you really are. Thoroughly looking forward to life in Div4, away from the greed and so called glamour of the top flight. The premier league is the finest example of how capitalism and greed has destroyed our great game. We were the tip of the iceberg, many more will tumble. We have / will learn from our mistakes. It seem you lot havn't.You are a disgrace to your fellow supporters. PUP.

Is this Skate now going to admit that when they were in the Premiership and cheated to win the FA Cup by buying in players that they couldn't afford, it wasn't worth it and they wish to wipe clean of that history?

No, I didn't think so. Most of the cretins are perfectly happy to gloat about how their history is more illustrious than ours, being as how they won two FA Cups, beat us a couple of times recently, one of the victories coming when they were Premiership and us third division. I bet that when they scaled those dizzy heights, very few of them were secretly hoping that they could be relegated three divisions to the level where the game was much more honest and unsullied by the greed and capitalism prevalent at the top.

And how are we naive? Plastic? Deluded? As for childish, equally is he going to call all of the Skate fans childish when they gloated at our demise? Or does he credit them for not being as childish as some of ours. Or does he acknowledge that both sets of fans are capable of childishness, in which case he is being a hypocrite.

If I were him, I'd tone down the insults, as it only tends to highlight how riled he has become because of the jibes from Saints fans. It really must have hurt him to have us laugh at him like this.

I never seem to have time to post - just wasted an hour of work catching up today. But I feel a moment has been reached in our journey. It has been a long, hugely enjoyable ride, but it is coming towards its final destination.

At last, justice is slowly starting to be done. League 2 (with or without -10) is probably fair punishment - I am not a vindictive man. They stumble into a chaotic, uncertain future out of the public gaze.

Along the way I have come to know more about the world of insolvency & admin than I ever imagined I'd need to know, and more about the Skates than is healthy. I have cheered on teams I know or care nothing of. I have laughed out loud at the endless parade of delusional half-wits that have passed through, along the journey. I have fretted in the cold dark night that they will escape justice, but more often I have had dismal days brightened by their sheer stupidity and this site has never failed to raise a smile.

But I feel we are nearing the end of the journey - we will be saying goodbye to old friends on here as the PDT park the old Skatemobile in the layby of irrelevence and they slip from our consciousness. We will keep an eye on the old shambles, rusting in a corner, but the race is largely run. Like the agreement to buy the club - just the i's and t's to be dotted and crossed. It is ceasing to be an unmissable drama and becoming a soap-opera to dip in and out of.

But I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I never seem to have time to post - just wasted an hour of work catching up today. But I feel a moment has been reached in our journey. It has been a long, hugely enjoyable ride, but it is coming towards its final destination.

At last, justice is slowly starting to be done. League 2 (with or without -10) is probably fair punishment - I am not a vindictive man. They stumble into a chaotic, uncertain future out of the public gaze.

Along the way I have come to know more about the world of insolvency & admin than I ever imagined I'd need to know, and more about the Skates than is healthy. I have cheered on teams I know or care nothing of. I have laughed out loud at the endless parade of delusional half-wits that have passed through, along the journey. I have fretted in the cold dark night that they will escape justice, but more often I have had dismal days brightened by their sheer stupidity and this site has never failed to raise a smile.

But I feel we are nearing the end of the journey - we will be saying goodbye to old friends on here as the PDT park the old Skatemobile in the layby of irrelevence and they slip from our consciousness. We will keep an eye on the old shambles, rusting in a corner, but the race is largely run. Like the agreement to buy the club - just the i's and t's to be dotted and crossed. It is ceasing to be an unmissable drama and becoming a soap-opera to dip in and out of.

But I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

I share your smiles as I read your wonderful post, though I feel that the journey has just begun... agreed, it may be less high end drama and more monty python, but the saga will continue.

Out go international money launderers, arms dealers and gangsters... in come champange ian and mick with their band of merry property developers... champange ian is desperate to retain the man who led the skates to their historic and glorious record run of defeats, before setting himself up with this utter gem of a quote:

It is everything, everything to us that the Football League relegate us rather than the players.

‘We have got to give our all until that point because then we can look at ourselves and say “hey, we did all right”.

‘We want the chance to say “despite everything that has gone on, we have done okay”.

‘That is so important to us and every game is one we are going out to win.

‘Of course there is that worry the points may come off next season.

But if we can get enough to finish outside the relegation zone, it doesn’t give people the chance to do that, does it?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/whittingham-demands-safety-first-1-4955889

:facepalm:

Set yourself up there didnt you guy?!

Relegated under their own fatty-piped steam, despite having the most expensive XI in the league for half a season, despite having future England manager in waiting appy leading the team, despite having the

the best atmosphere in world football

f*ck it, im off to POL to have a good old bellyache!

SHALALA - AAP3

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})