Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22182724

Some of us should add to the comments section on this article. It seems there are some very misinformed people out there that need correcting :)

Followed one of the comments and came across these forgotten snippets :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18816436 July 12th 2012

"Portsmouth have been told by the Football League they will start the new season on -10 points if they are to be allowed into League One."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19286219 Augut 16th 2012

"

Portsmouth have been given special dispensation by the Football League to start the season on zero points despite being in administration.

Football League rules state that clubs who begin a season in administration start on -10 points.

But Pompey will now be penalised as and when they exit administration."

Some of us should add to the comments section on this article. It seems there are some very misinformed people out there that need correcting :)

Some of those comments from fans of "other" teams are clearly P*mp*y fans. Why would a game against AC Milan stick in a Newcastle fan's memory as noisy? SJ James must be twice as noisy if not more.

A Brentford fan saying how the pitch invasion was not thuggish but the supporters celebrating the takeover. Now just where have we heard/read that before...hmmmm

I never seem to have time to post - just wasted an hour of work catching up today. But I feel a moment has been reached in our journey. It has been a long, hugely enjoyable ride, but it is coming towards its final destination.

At last, justice is slowly starting to be done. League 2 (with or without -10) is probably fair punishment - I am not a vindictive man. They stumble into a chaotic, uncertain future out of the public gaze.

Along the way I have come to know more about the world of insolvency & admin than I ever imagined I'd need to know, and more about the Skates than is healthy. I have cheered on teams I know or care nothing of. I have laughed out loud at the endless parade of delusional half-wits that have passed through, along the journey. I have fretted in the cold dark night that they will escape justice, but more often I have had dismal days brightened by their sheer stupidity and this site has never failed to raise a smile.

But I feel we are nearing the end of the journey - we will be saying goodbye to old friends on here as the PDT park the old Skatemobile in the layby of irrelevence and they slip from our consciousness. We will keep an eye on the old shambles, rusting in a corner, but the race is largely run. Like the agreement to buy the club - just the i's and t's to be dotted and crossed. It is ceasing to be an unmissable drama and becoming a soap-opera to dip in and out of.

But I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Good post Sid, especially the stuff in bold.

However, I don't think it nearing the end just yet. At least, I really hope it isn't; I'm not usually vindictive but (where the Skates are concerned) I hope they still have a long way to fall yet. I would certainly find it far more amusing for them to fall out of the football league, or even into liquidation, under their so called 'fan ownership'.

That MarianPaharsLeftShin seems a very knowledgable fellow

Hope you don't mind if I borrow this excellent picture!! :)

Already printed out and on the wall behind my desk at work, oh and the background on my Twitter profile page :D

Interesting post (from one of us?) on the News site. Anyone know more about this?

"Stuart Robinsons money is not a loan, its coming into the Club via a finance company he has just set up called South Point Finance. A £1 company by the way. The Club in return will pay off this agreement in monthly instalments. Robinson as security will take a debenture out on the ground. If the Club defaults on any payments he is entitled to repossess the ground and throw the team out. This is what happened at Rushden & Diamonds and it is suggested that the same nice gentlemen involved with that little deal are behind Stuart Robinsons scheme !

There is a big difference between a loan and a finance agreement !

I think you miss the point, all the PP payments are accounted for in repaying the PFA and £1.5 million outstanding transfer money to other Clubs, Trevor Birch has admitted this already ."

Fratton Park is falling down, falling down, falling down

Fratton Park is falling down, poor old Pompey

Build it up in Red and White, Red and White, Red and White

Build it up in Red and White, poor old Pompey

--

My old man, said be a Pompey fan

I said, ‘Who’?!

Interesting post (from one of us?) on the News site. Anyone know more about this?

"Stuart Robinsons money is not a loan, its coming into the Club via a finance company he has just set up called South Point Finance. A £1 company by the way. The Club in return will pay off this agreement in monthly instalments. Robinson as security will take a debenture out on the ground. If the Club defaults on any payments he is entitled to repossess the ground and throw the team out. This is what happened at Rushden & Diamonds and it is suggested that the same nice gentlemen involved with that little deal are behind Stuart Robinsons scheme !

I think you miss the point, all the PP payments are accounted for in repaying the PFA and £1.5 million outstanding transfer money to other Clubs, Trevor Birch has admitted this already ."

If that's true then they are no further forward and have learnt the sum total of **** all.

When the day is dawnin

'On a Pompey Wednesday mornin

'How we hoped to stay there

But we’re heading straight for the Blue Square

Ev'ry game is sh1tty, every song is flat

But I love my hist’ry

, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Is this the way to Relegation?

I’ve been stuck in administration

Done some tax manipulation

And now League 2 that waits for me.

Show me the way to Relegation

I've been stuck in administration

Cryin' over Relegation

And League 2 that waits for me

Sha la la la la la la la Sha la la la la la la la Sha la la la la la la la WTFILN

Westwood’s bell is ringin'

Hear the sound of doom that it's singin

'It’s the Pompey death knell

And the fans who all have a fish smell.

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

But we can’t be like them

And that just makes me scream

Cryin' over Relegation

Sha la la la la la la la Sha la la la la la la la Sha la la la la la la la WTFILN

When the day is dawnin

But I love my hist’ry

, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Cryin' over Relegation

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

Cryin' over Relegation

in a word ... Genius:adore:

When the day is dawnin

But I love my hist’ry

, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Cryin' over Relegation

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

Cryin' over Relegation

That is brilliant. Truly, brilliant. I want to put that on a Photoshop of a crying skate. Brilliant.

Wonder what odds you'll get on them to be relegated next season.

They were 5/1 last summer and I managed to get 200 quid down in total.

When I'm on my summer holiday sipping a cold beer on the beach it will be truly wonderful to know the demise of pompey fc will have paid for it all.

WTFILN

2v0jtig.jpg

Free to be used and abused. :p

Thanks!!

This the script I put with it on my fb page:

I would like to extend my most heartfelt congratulations to Portsmouth Football Club on achieving yet another notable first for English football league clubs. Following Oldham's victory last night, Portsmouth will become the first ever club to receive Premier League parachute payments whilst competing in the 4th tier of English football (Division 2).

I expect the Skate fans to sing about this loud and proud, alongside their boasts of: being the first (and thus far only) Premier League team to enter administration; being the only English football team to exit administration having agreed a CVA yet fail to pay a single of penny of that CVA.

So, my fishy friends, enjoy division four next season - hopefully starting on -10 for the failed CVA. I am confident that from now on Saints will be: always above Pompey - next season - 3 leagues above them.

WHAT APT SPONSORS WE HAVE!!!!!!

And yes, being ex-RN and having served a lot of that time in Skateville I do have rather a few Skate fans as fb 'friends'. :)

When the day is dawnin

But I love my hist’ry

, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Cryin' over Relegation

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

Cryin' over Relegation

Fantastic!! I'm going to nick this too!!

:)

Their record is actually even more impressive. Think back to when they were sinking fast out of the PL under Uncle Avi. They took a big advance on the PP's to get them through to the end of the season, so they are actually the only club in history to have received Premier League Parachute Payments in all 4 divisions (provided they survive to get to L2 next season) :lol:

Edited by hutch

When the day is dawnin

But I love my hist’ry

, cos I’m a Pompey ***t

Cryin' over Relegation

Just beyond the highway

Is a wonderful team

Cryin' over Relegation

Anyone got a karaoke machine? That needs to be recorded and uploaded to YouTube pronto! Genius :)

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?15658-Our-Position-Or-Pompey-s

Suprisingly, quite a few judging by that thread :lol:

Even the ideal situation from then, unbroken promotions/relegations, we'd have only got to here at the start of THIS season.

Perhaps it's best to rephrase the question as I did to pfc123 (I've added stadium):

Suppose someone were to give you the offer for P*mp*y and Saints to switch positions 3 years from now (owner, league position, facilities and debts). (Your decision of course must be made now, not 3 years from now.) Would you take the offer?

No, because there's a good chance that we'll still be in a higher league than you...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Their record is actually even more impressive. Think back to when they were sinking fast out of the PL under Uncle Avi. They took a big advance on the PP's to get them through to the end of the season, so they are actually the only club in history to have received Premier League Parachute Payments in all 4 divisions (provided they survive to get to L2 next season) :lol:

Actually, the FL advised me that they did not have any advances on the PPs, even when they were in the Prem. At the time I think it was some creative accounting by the barred Israeli that saw them through.

With what we know now about the long-standing football debt, they probably didn't pay the players, e.g Kanu.

Edited by Pugwash

Doesn't the PCC loan terms say no on the ground ahead of PCC?

"We feel that although the punishment hasn't technically been activated yet, its effects have certainly been felt from day one of this season," said PST's Colin Farmery. "We feel that we've served the punishment and that it has had an effect on our season, so the points ought to come off now.

"We knew that they were going to come off – although we started the season on zero points, mentally everyone started on -10 points. If you are told that you will lose 10 points at some point during the season, you never budget for those points. If you look at it like that then we have been punished.

"If we were to end up with a 10-point deduction next season it would feel like we are being punished twice for the same offence. We certainly feel that as a football club we can look in the eyes of a supporter from any other club and say we have been punished for the sins of others considerably over the last three years. We were in the Premier League and FA Cup final – we've suffered three relegations and had 29 points taken off us."

:facepalm:

The Football League made a statement last year that said that to get membership, the new owners would have to accept a 10 point deduction in the 2012/13 season.

That seems to give the PDT lawyers something to work with if the FL decide to carry it over to next season. (notwithstanding the FL's 'its our league and we'll make the rules up as we see fit' policy)

Farmery: "You have to take the 10 points off now, or we'll take you to court. You can't go back on what you wrote."

FL: "Ok, you win. The 10 points come off this season."

Farmery: "Yes!"

FL: "By the way, in order to get the golden share and entry in L2 next season, you must accept a 17 point deduction at the start of next season."

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})