Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

A working group has been formed by the trust to look at the future of any stadium options, including short and medium term options. Looking at options around fratton park and at possible other options away from the girl. An invite to all trust members was made at one of the previous meetings when Mike (the chap who originally created images for a new FP a while back) arranged a meeting for any interested parties to get involved, the first meeting was at the the Barn (Milton Arms) and was attended by more than 50 people. Since the meeting Mike has allocated people to different projects, including Short Term options, Long Term options and specific one of projects.

One of the good bits of news that came out of the initial meetings was the news that all of the land north of the north stand up to the main road is earmarked to be used for any future stadium development in the city plan. Which means that it can be compulsory purchased.

I know that there will be a lot of knockers for the project, but there is a genuine willingness to progress with stadium plans. Lots of interesting options on financing are being looked into.

The club (the board) are also looking at options when it comes to a new stadium.

They're still bleeding going on about expanding the stadium, when they can't even regularly pack the park why are they bothering?

Seems like Corporate Ho has something to say on the issue. Shame he can't be man enough to post it on here himself instead of throwing his toys out of the pram on POL (pun very much intended)

Can I point out that this must be BS because the scummers uber thread always says that we stupidly sold land to Tesco and have land locked ourselves with no possibility of expanding FP - and they're never wrong.

Except of course the land wasn't ours to sell and we haven't land locked ourselves. Other than that the mutant inbreds are 100% right

Leicester cheated their way out of the Championship with dodgy sponsorship and naming rights deals, actually, with a wage bill in excess of their turnover.

In October 2002 Leicester went into administration following their relegation from the Premier League the previous season, with debts of £30m.

Despite this, they managed to keep all their players and finished second in the Championship table with 92 points and bounced back to the Premier League.

What is forgotten in the mists of time and the feelgood factor of their Premier League triumph is that it was following complaints from other clubs that Leicester had gained a financial advantage from their administration, that the Football League introduced its rule to deduct 10 points from clubs going into admin.

So every club that has had points deducted for going into admin can blame Leicester.

Oh, and the club they finished runners-up to that season were p****y.

Seems like Corporate Ho has something to say on the issue. Shame he can't be man enough to post it on here himself instead of throwing his toys out of the pram on POL (pun very much intended)

The land north of FP is their own car park. If they expand the stadium into that they'll still need to find somewhere else for all the players, staff and visitors cars. They're talking about compulsory purchase of the workshop and showroom units to the north of the carpark. To get a CP it needs to be essential and in the public interest - normally roads, utilties etc. Cant see the council agreeing to close down local employers for a building thats used 20 times a year (or winning an appeal in court). Spurs had exactly the same problem and ended up paying huge amounts to ransom strip holders. Pompey dont have that kind of money.

Edited by buctootim

They could build on virtual land and wave about blank sheets of A4 while pretending they have deeds?

The former Toyboy should keep a low profile because everytime he sticks his head about the parapet and spouts crap there are mischievous ones on here who dig out his bestest most humiliating moments from the archive - the sort of stuff that even makes his POL buddies wince.

And those classic posts are the last thing anyone of us would want to see.

Again.

They could build on virtual land and wave about blank sheets of A4 while pretending they have deeds?

The former Toyboy should keep a low profile because everytime he sticks his head about the parapet and spouts crap there are mischievous ones on here who dig out his bestest most humiliating moments from the archive - the sort of stuff that even makes his POL buddies wince.

And those classic posts are the last thing anyone of us would want to see.

Again.

Oh I don't know, I quite fancy reading them again....it's been a long time. Anyone want to dredge them up?

As opposed to someone who has nearly 1000 posts on the forum of your local rivals, someone who was so desperate to get full member status without actually paying (seems like it's just a Pompey thing, doesn't it) that he sent emails claiming to have sent cash through the post but that "it must have got lost" :rolleyes: :facepalm:

You're a joke.

I quite like this one about him

At least we have won an FA cup in our 'history', they haven't, as they have a history of but a few short years, the club/team they boast about, whet out of business.

Unfortunately it still seems to be the same club. Otherwise they would/should have had to start at least two divisions lower down the league pyramid - like Hereford had to, with a changed name. The whole pompey scenario did seem very fishy to me.

The land north of FP is their own car park. If they expand the stadium into that they'll still need to find somewhere else for all the players, staff and visitors cars. They're talking about compulsory purchase of the workshop and showroom units to the north of the carpark. To get a CP it needs to be essential and in the public interest - normally roads, utilties etc. Cant see the council agreeing to close down local employers for a building thats used 20 times a year (or winning an appeal in court). Spurs had exactly the same problem and ended up paying huge amounts to ransom strip holders. Pompey dont have that kind of money.

Not a chance in hell that those units could be bought using a CP for the purpose of knocking them down to create a new club car park, nor might I add, would the skates ever have any intention of doing so. Whoever is talking about it is talking ********.

The fact is, there is ample parking facilities around **** park that could be rented for the 20 odd games a season should it be needed for the players and HNW individuals.

There certainly is room to build a new North stand and perhaps the ground could be shuffled north to enable a larger South stand to be built, but the footprints the Fratton and Milton ends have are static and can't be expanded now. The idea that a CP might be used to buy properties on Alverstone Road (behind Milton end) is utter fantasy.

In all fairness to the skates they are simply starting a discussion about long term ground plans along with their discussion about future club funding. However, unless they square the circle of getting substantial new funding without diluting the trust shareholding, that discussion leads nowhere.

More information from POL

The Trust called an 'open' meeting, and one of the items on the agenda was to set up a PST Stadium Sub-Group, and invited anyone interested to put their name forward. This 'sub-Group' has been split into three groups.

Short Term Strategy: The aim of this group is to look at what we can do to improve the Match Day experience, generate income and promoting the image of the club. (I think as I'm not part of this group)

Case Study Group: This group will be a research group looking at how other clubs have financed and procured new developments.

Long Term Strategy: The aim of this group, is to establish what is and isn't viable on relocation and the Fratton Park Site, and set a path the other strategies can begin to lead to.

The objective of the Trust in setting up this 'Sub-Group' was to involve the fans, and gain the fans views and expertise from within the fan base and provide reports that can inform the Trust, the fans views on moving forwards.

At this moment in time, it is not known when these reports will be finalized, but I understand, hopefully later this year. the Sub-Group's reports will be given to the Trust Board Members.

At least we have won an FA cup in our 'history', they haven't, as they have a history of but a few short years, the club/team they boast about, whet out of business.

Unfortunately it still seems to be the same club. Otherwise they would/should have had to start at least two divisions lower down the league pyramid - like Hereford had to, with a changed name. The whole pompey scenario did seem very fishy to me.

When Liebherr took over at St Mary's, he acquired the existing football club that played there. When the trust & co took over at Fatpipes, they did so as a new entity. I assume the Football League agreed to transfer the 'golden share' to the new entity whereas that wasn't necessary in our case because the existing football club simply continued under new ownership?

saints_pompey_incorporation_dates.jpg

I recall several conversations about the golden share at the time and wether or not the FL would actually transfer it or whether they would force a totally new application or something.

Tbh it's irrelevant now - new club or not they haven't won anything for some time and they aren't likely to in the future. They used to be big, they aren't now.

1-2 Northampton :lol:

Going into the play-offs with a defeat, facing Plymouth who are 5-0 up. Their second leg will be away too, this could get very funny. Bless them.

If they muck this up there's going to be a meltdown that will make Chernobyl look like a penny cracker

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/ref-justice-for-pompey-over-penalties-1-7369379#ixzz47wYExMzY

He said: ‘If you look back through the season we haven’t had a penalty in the league at Fratton Park.

‘There’s 16,000 people at Fratton Park and we dominate possession, yet we haven’t had a penalty. Come on.

‘I think the Fratton Park experience has a great effect on the opposition. I don’t mind saying that.

‘Teams play out of their skin on that day.

‘But there’s also an awful feeling from referees that they won’t be intimidated. We’ll stand up.

‘We haven’t had a pen. Leicester have had 11 this season!

‘Fratton Park, with 16-17,000, and we haven’t had a pen? Come on. Give me a break.

‘They are stonewall pens and we’re not getting them.’

:mcinnes:

Slightly annoying that Rovers got a late winner. Pompey's play off opponents look weaker on the whole now. I'd have fancied Rovers to beat them. Not so sure with the other 3.

It is annoying, Rovers looked a tough one to crack. So it's now Argyle v Community and Wimbledon v Stanley.

From POL

I think there is some substance to Pauls comments about referees. Its not just opponents that view at FP as a cup final but maybe referees too. They must feel they have to stick up for the little underdog clubs against the big partisan, intimidating crowd. Probably why they're oblivious to all the spoiling tactics.

They're also moaning because the play off revenues get split evenly between the rest of the teams in League 2. They were talking of signing all sorts of new players before that fact got brought up :lol:

From POL

"I think there is some substance to Pauls comments about referees. Its not just opponents that view at FP as a cup final but maybe referees too. They must feel they have to stick up for the little underdog clubs against the big partisan, intimidating crowd. Probably why they're oblivious to all the spoiling tactics."

They're also moaning because the play off revenues get split evenly between the rest of the teams in League 2. They were talking of signing all sorts of new players before that fact got brought up :lol:

They wuz robbed :lol:

Slightly annoying that Rovers got a late winner. Pompey's play off opponents look weaker on the whole now. I'd have fancied Rovers to beat them. Not so sure with the other 3.

Fair play to the Gas. Promoted from the conference last season and straight through to league 1. That shows real ambition.

From POL

Have my civil rights been infringed ???? I left the game today after 30 minutes as it was obvious that the B Team was playing and I was stopped and searched for drugs and the excuse given was I was bold and was wearing a blue polo shirt , how many over 50 supporters are bold and where wearing a blue shirt ?? I complied with the PC but I do feel that it was over the top .Any suggestions would be helpful .

:lol: :lol: Leaving after 30 minutes, surely a record for the bestest.

When Liebherr took over at St Mary's, he acquired the existing football club that played there. When the trust & co took over at Fatpipes, they did so as a new entity. I assume the Football League agreed to transfer the 'golden share' to the new entity whereas that wasn't necessary in our case because the existing football club simply continued under new ownership?

saints_pompey_incorporation_dates.jpg

The Football League agreed to transfer the golden share on the condition of a 10 point deduction for the new owners when they came out of administration for the CVA2 failure. That, coincidentally of course, occurred after the Skates were already going down from L1 and the -10 had no impact, so the first thing they did was parrot the ways of the gun runner and Fake Sheik and managed to dodge yet another penalty by cheating the system.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})